Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I did it! I made CC!

SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
edited November 2022 in Build/Buy Custom Content
Ok, ok, just a few terrain paints but I still did it! :D

I converted Realm of Magic cobblestone bricks, Eco Lifestyle grass, and Cottage Living Primrose paths into terrain paints. I prefer using terrain paints for landscaping rather than floor tiles so I can have better control of curves and circles.

Anyway, in the spoiler are swatch pictures (with and without Reshade)
okJsYqi.png

ARYbfPx.png

And if you would like to download them, here are the links:
Cottage Living Primrose Path
Real of Magic Cobblestone
Eco Lifestyle Grass

**RoM terrain paints, there is a line that runs vertically through the paint. I'm not sure how to remove that as I'm still learning.

I also made some new walls. I recolored the Brocade Accented Panel Walls with the Basic Standards, Darks, and Pastels.
pKIVaLs.png
lL3maXD.png
itdpyMU.png

If you want to download them, you can find them here

Enjoy! :)
Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Wow super congrats, its always a nice fuzzy feeling when you make your first cc <3 The line problem you have is because the tile might not be seamless, with a terrain paint you have to have a seamless pattern. I found that out when I made my straw terrain. Trial and error and you will have it perfect in no time ;) Your current ones look lovely, congratulations once again :)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    @mcrudd wrote: »
    Wow super congrats, its always a nice fuzzy feeling when you make your first cc <3 The line problem you have is because the tile might not be seamless, with a terrain paint you have to have a seamless pattern. I found that out when I made my straw terrain. Trial and error and you will have it perfect in no time ;) Your current ones look lovely, congratulations once again :)

Thank you! I tried to do seamless tiling but it looked terrible. I need to play around with it a bit more. I only started using Gimp around a week or two ago so I have a lot to learn. I'm really proud of how well the Cottage Living ones turned out, though.
    They look fabulous <3 I have never used Gimp, so unfortunately can't advice you about it, but like I said, making your own cc is a lot of trial and error and the more you do it, the more you get to know how to do it. I love your terrain paints they are aweSim :)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    They look fabulous <3 I have never used Gimp, so unfortunately can't advice you about it, but like I said, making your own cc is a lot of trial and error and the more you do it, the more you get to know how to do it. I love your terrain paints they are aweSim :)

This is the first photo editor I've used in nearly 10 years. I used to use Corel Paintshop Pro but when I got my new computer, I couldn't use it anymore. Gimp is actually pretty easy to use. My main issue is finding everything but I'm learning.

I'm learning there is definitely a learning curve to making CC. I just started last night so I have a long way to go.
    Good luck on your cc journey. Watch as many tutorials as you can, even ones just showing how to use gimp. I am sure you are going to make many more great CC, can't wait for you to share it with us all :) Happy simming <3
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Good luck on your cc journey. Watch as many tutorials as you can, even ones just showing how to use gimp. I am sure you are going to make many more great CC, can't wait for you to share it with us all :) Happy simming <3

Thank you! I have been watching tutorials. I really appreciate your kind and encouraging words. Your Feeling Amused thread actually came to mind when I made this thread, and also made me want to try my own. So thank you for that as well. Happy simming :)
  • BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    Nice job!
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
    @Binibini wrote: »
    Nice job!

Thank you!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    edited November 2022
    I made my first (and only) CC back in June May
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee wrote: »

That's awesome! I'm not sure how far I'll go. I'm just happy I figured out how to convert floor tiles to terrain paint.

That's awesome! I'm not sure how far I'll go. I'm just happy I figured out how to convert floor tiles to terrain paint.

you can see the piece of CC I created in my thread down below in the voting montage attached to the thread "Create my first CC".
    6adMCGP.gif
    you can see the piece of CC I created in my thread down below in the voting montage attached to the thread "Create my first CC".

Your voting booths(?) are very well done. They look like they've always been in the game. :)

Your voting booths(?) are very well done. They look like they've always been in the game. :)

not the booths it's a poster on the wall its basically a recolour of something already in-game.

this:
    eftvn5p4dftt.jpeg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    These look really good!
    they/them or she/her
    not the booths it's a poster on the wall its basically a recolour of something already in-game.
    this:
    eftvn5p4dftt.jpeg

Oh, I'm sorry. Those look really good.
    @SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    These look really good!

Thank you!
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited November 2022
    What do you mean "just" terrain paint, these are amazing! :love: I've been dabbling in the world of recolors though haven't really finished/uploaded anything yet and these are definitely a step above what I'm doing. So you should feel super proud of yourself. :blush:
    What do you mean "just" terrain paint, these are amazing! :love: I've been dabbling in the world of recolors though haven't really finished/uploaded anything yet and these are definitely a step above what I'm doing. So you should feel super proud of yourself. :blush:

Thank you! I am proud of what I did. I just meant that it's not creating a new mesh or doing something more involved(?).
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

Thank you! I am proud of what I did. I just meant that it's not creating a new mesh or doing something more involved(?).

Ahh gotcha! It's still very amazing work though! I just didn't want you downplaying it because it's truly wonderful. :)
    edited November 2022
    Ahh gotcha! It's still very amazing work though! I just didn't want you downplaying it because it's truly wonderful. :)

That is so nice of you to say. I do think it's really good for my first try.

I made some walls as well. I'm testing them in game right now. If all goes well, I'll add them to the original post.

Edit: I added the walls I made to the first post.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on