Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire pack worth getting?

CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
I know I just missed the sale but I've been wondering is the vampire pack worth getting? The only thing I don't want are my sims randomly turning into vampires! I remember someone saying there is a way you can turn this off like in game options, your sims will still get bit but not turn? The only reason I want to get the pack is because I've been wanting to make a supernatural kind of family, a ghost, alien, vampire, and a werewolf! I would need the werewolf pack as well! Wonder if there will be another sale soon?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Vampires is a good pack, especially if you like playing with supernatural sims. Sims won't spontaneously turn into vampires. You create them in CaS or engage a vampire in interactions to "turn" your sim. The game will create some townie vampires. When the pack first released, some players complained about frequent vampire invasions of their sim's homes and the pack was retuned to decrease the frequency of those events. I've had the pack for a year and have never had a vampire invade my home. You can't toggle off any of the occult types in game options, but there are in game toggles to prevent any vampire visitations, such as placing garlic on windows and doors and using lock designations. There are also mods to give you more control. Frankly, I wish my vampires were a bit more menacing.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    According to the legends doesn't a vampire have to be invited before they can come into your house?
    Or was that just on Buffy :confused:
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    According to the legends doesn't a vampire have to be invited before they can come into your house?
    Or was that just on Buffy :confused:

Yes, the notion that vampires cannot enter a home without being invited is cannon folklore, I believe. Of course, the rules are always changing with the new gen vampires these days... :smiley:
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    Forgot to answer OP. If you enjoy supernatural stuff, I'd say vampires is probably worth your time, but if you're not really planning on creating a lot of vamp households I'd probably say pass on it... I buy every pack, even if I don't necessarily want or need it, I just like to have the most up to date collection. That said, there are definitely packs I'd recommend bypassing if you're needing to be selective, and for me I'd skip vampires - I think I've made one vamp since the pack came out.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    As an occult player, my answer is yes. The build/buy is very victorian/goth which is also up my alley. Now if you're a fan of them vamps, you're going to enjoy the pack, they're well thought out and with the vampire perk system (and depending on your playstyle) you can have multiple vamps who are unique. Also forgotten hollow is a small but dark world, which is the only world of its kind.

I recommend searching for sims 4 vampire gameplay videos to see content creators featuring the pack, that'll give you an idea of what to expect.

It is, in my opinion, one of the best sims4 packs.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    If you like occult and spooky, vampires is a great pack.
    As for the sale, Black Friday is coming up in a few weeks, so I expect there to be another sale around that time.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited November 2022
    Along with Vampires, you also get Plasma plants and Garlic bulbs. Leave a couple of garlic bulbs on the ground near your front door, or you can make a garland or wreath of garlic and hang it on a wall. Vampires get all nauseous. They really don't like it.

I've bred and evolved Garlic up to Perfect level plants - it takes a while, but perfect produce is looked upon favourably by Sims who receive it as a gift. So I have been giving it as a friendly gift to known Vampire Sims. They carry it around with them, and their poor confused Sim brains can't work out why their vampire powers won't work, and why they keep throwing up. Good times.

I'm quite happy with my purchase of the Vampires pack. If it is available on sale, it might be worth picking up. There's some good CAS and Build mode stuff too.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2022
    I have Vampires but I haven't got opportunity to play them properly, but now I have family with a werewolf and vampire married, with a werewolf toddler. Aww, they are so sweet :)
    Vampires, in my opinion, are OP, not as much as mages, but nontheless...
    They require a time, though, to get powerful. First they are a little annoying, they don't want to eat, fear sun and have so much thirst...
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Possibly my favourite pack, I highly recommend it! Vampires won’t autonomously turn your sims, but the game will spawn a few vampire npc’s to populate your world.

Occasionally, not often, but sometimes, vampires will turn up at your sim’s houses at night, but you can stop them entering by clicking the entrance doors to the building. I’ve never seen one actually try to bite my sim autonomously after years of playing, but they can do it, it’s just rare.

Oh as for the sales, they tend to happen every 2 months so you won’t have to wait long to get it at a reduced price if you have the patience.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I've never had any of my sims be bitten by a vampire, and I didn't change any settings.

I think it's a solid pack, so if you like vampires, I'd go for it. Just one word of warning, though---Forgotten Hollow only comes with like 5 lots, and only 1 or 2 of them is buildable
  • Options
    Sprinkles257Sprinkles257 Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes, I think it's worth getting. The CAS features are great. Vampire Sims can also have special powers using a tier system, if you like that. I enjoy it!
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I love the pack despite the fact that if you want vampires in your game, even if you have the pack, you have to practically go get them yourself. If you don't seek them out and/or play them directly, they may or may not come to you. In my games, I have to go knocking and beg or the only contact I would have is occasionally seeing Caleb as a vendor or barkeep.

The mods for the pack are splendid, especially those by Zero.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    The vampires pack is great, even aside from gameplay. There's some really elegant gothic-type décor and clothing, and the ever-popular Vattore siblings.

As for gameplay though, they've added the ability to turn off vampire visits in game options, so you no longer have to worry about someone breaking in while you're trying to sleep. The game may generate townies who are vampires, but I haven't had any sims turned without my permission.

If you get the werewolves pack, you can also change game settings so that werewolves won't appear in-form outside of Moonwood Mills, unless you're playing them. One last tip, since you're considering a family: Werewolves and vampires have some unique interactions, and the werewolf pack comes with lore for werewolves, vampires, and spellcasters.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    It’s a nice pack that definitely adds to your game. It has some of the best/most noticeable premade sims, especially Vlad and Lilith. These sims really do look good and stand out. As a big fan of Maxis premade sims I really like to have the vampire group in my game, they’re well designed.

Vampires are not forced upon you. Besides from seeing them and the odd attack on your sim late at night which is extremely rare (and funny) you can pretty much ignore if you want.

You get forgotten hollow which is a quirky little world, not the biggest but it’s got a nice occult feel to it. You also get a new skill for vampire lore, and can read about them on computers and order books. And a music skill for pipe organ.

It has good CAS and build buy. Not ‘I’m going to use this in everything’ but not ‘I’m never going to touch this’ either. If you’re playing as vampires or other occults you’ll probably use it a bit. And even if you’re not, you’ll use the vampires stuff from time to time. Again you get the pipe organ and more selection for teeth.

I haven’t explored playing as vampires but I think there’s quite a bit of gameplay there. You could just do it once or you can play as vampire long term if that appeals to you. People do let’s plays and legacy’s and filling forgotten hollow with occult sims is quite popular. Vampires can go to school and work and university etc.

I just have it as an add on without really playing it, and it affects the game more than most game packs do (in a good way). I like to see vampires around and I like to have access to their CAS and builds items. It’s not a must have unless you really want to be a vampire but it’s got quite a bit in it and will keep you entertained for a little while at least and perhaps longer. I say yes on sale, and probably no at full price unless you really want vampire and can’t wait. It wouldn’t be a horrible mistake even at full price, it’s a solid pack. 🧛‍♂️
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I say it is pretty worth it, I got my copy on sale.
    I bought it for the Vampires, but it does have a Goth/Occult vibe going for it.
    There is a new world, it isn't the biggest world, but I do enjoy it.
    You get a power grid, and you can either have your Sim get bitten to become a Vampire, or create one in the CAS. Also to note, the Vampire power gird thing was used for Werewolves and Spellcasters in later packs.
    The main NPCs are Lillith, Caleb, and Vlad.
    One thing is a tutorial you current Sim could be bitten, so to avoid too many Vampires you can lock the door to them.
    I wanted Vampires, but with Vlad on the loose, I ended up locking to doors to the Vampires, because he kept biting my Sims.
    I overall enjoy the pack, because I love the Occult packs, but you can still enjoy it without the Occult.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Vampires is the best pack ever, as far as I'm concerned, and you really can't go wrong with it if you want something different. It's my favorite because it adds some much needed darkness to Sims 4 and everything in the pack is interesting and fun. It's very flexible and allows you to play a sort of "vegetarian" polite Vampire if you don't want them to feed off Sims and prefer them to be well behaved. On the other hand, you can really stir things up with more evil sorts and amp up the creep factor too, which I have a blast with. >:)

There's a lot of gothic Victorian style to both CAS and Build/Buy, as well as items to make a building look nicely run down. There's some cool gargoyle statues, spider webs (that have active spiders!) murky plants, dramatic wallpaper,...and in CAS there's a variety of Vampire features, fang types, glowing and creepy eyes and really cool outfits.

The Vampire powers are awesome and there's a great selection that allows you to customize your Vampire's strengths and balance it out with weaknesses. Vampires can also battle each other and Werewolves too, if you get that pack.

Also, Vlad is the best NPC in the game. I said what I said. 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I never cared a lot about vampires, but I must say I had so much fun with this pack. It's become one of my faves.

The vampire life form is detailed and well created. The world is small but is perfect for storytelling. BB comes with many items I also use in other houses than vampires. And there is some nice CAS although they are better with vamps or historical settings.

PS: I did not read this entire thread. I do not own the Magic pack, I imagine that if already having the Magic pack, the Vamp pack BB might add less new stuff to the party.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Vampires is a great pack!

If you decide to get it I recommend getting the vampire invasion fix since they were removed from the game. It adds a little bit of excitement.

https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/634515803637694464/bug-fixes-compilation-download-google-drive
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    I've never had any of my sims be bitten by a vampire, and I didn't change any settings.

I think it's a solid pack, so if you like vampires, I'd go for it. Just one word of warning, though---Forgotten Hollow only comes with like 5 lots, and only 1 or 2 of them is buildable

Tiny correction to that, if you dont like premade houses, buldoze and all 5 lots sure are buildable, not like special lot types or like that :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MelvinBornMelvinBorn Posts: 5 New Member
    Great pack to have especially if you're after the amazing vampire abilities
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    It's a good pack, but be warned, vampires can be stalkers in the game, and if you don't use the new lock on the doors, vampires will come and visit you. Vlad is also known for being a pain in the neck. 
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    a pain in the neck 

That's vampires for you

o:)

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    The vampire pack is great. I bought it mostly for build/buy items but I have a lot of fun when I play vampires. At the moment I'm playing a save which features 3 fledgling dynasties - vampires, mermaids, and spellcasters. I've only started recently but it's going to be interesting to see how each one progresses.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top