March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2022
    November - Day 1: "Happy Birthday Colt and Welcome to Henford-on-Bagley!"

BR7nIQZ.png

Notes
    EnL2Nbw.png
    After I packed up all the things in the house they'd take with them to Old New Henford, it was time for Colt to age up to a child. Cale baked him a Zombie cake which I thought was fitting since Halloween was yesterday. Of course Daddy tried to be sneaky about helping his little guy blow out the candles.

tJFYhOe.png
    "Yayayayaya! I dididit-it Da-ee! I bow out can-els!"
    "Yes you did! Happy Birthday Buddy!"

Cale put Colt down and...

tmXkL3g.png
    *Record Scratch*

Uh, yeah, no. o.O He looks like a hipster time traveler from the 70s or something. hehe Into CAS you go!

YBN7aRd.png
    I kept his hairstyle since I think it's adorable! The only changes I made were to remove a nose mask overlay the game chose for him and give him some CC lower eyelashes. He also had by default the child version of his Mom's skin overlay and CC all over freckles! Seeing both those things made me very happy. The freckles are so appropriate since Cale has them too.

He looks a lot like Marley, I think he has her nose, but I can see Cale too, especially in the shape of his eyebrows and I think he might have Cale's jaw line. Plus, of course he has his Dad's hair color. All things said, I think so far he looks to be a pretty good genetic combo of both parents.

Colt has the Artistic Prodigy aspiration and his one trait so far is creative, of course. Oh! He also had buck teeth by default, but I changed them to the missing front teeth instead. Never had a child with those so I thought it was a bit of fun. I didn't take screenshots of all his outfits, but you'll see them in gameplay.

G0Vnkjf.png
    Of course the star of the show got a makeover as well. Yup, he's back to his original hairstyle. I figured since it's a little time jump for them, he'd have become more relaxed and let his hair grow longer again. I kept that beard though because I adore it on him!

The biggest change though is that he is now a YA again. I debated on keeping him an adult and letting him experience being an elder for December, but for his story, it just didn't make sense. He'll be a YA vampire now for the rest of the challenge as is Marley already. She never aged up to adult. Once Colt reaches YA, he will stay that age as well.

Cale had a CC skin overlay to soften his adult features which I had planned to remove. However, I like how he looks with it better so I kept it for him. He didn't look bad at all without it, I think I've just gotten used to his appearance with it or something.

A0pGX5u.png
    Formal, sleep and swimwear stayed the same except for changing to his new hairstyle. Here's his new everyday, athletic, party, hot and cold outfits. I think his cold outfit is my favorite. Not too sure about the party outfit. I tried a lot of different looks, but I wanted to use something from the pack so ended up using that top. Does it look weird with those pants, boots and sunglasses? I can't decide. I think I like it more than I don't though. Hmm...

Marley got a makeover too, but just as with Colt's new outfits, you'll see hers during gameplay too. She kept the same hairstyle except for her party and cold weather outfits.

5Vuh2jb.png
    Lastly, I've moved them to the new house now, but it's still not finished. However, now that all their stuff is there, it'll make things go much faster now. I haven't played them here yet other than to claim beds and computers and also buy a rooster, hen and hen chick. They don't have names yet, but I'll have that figured out before gameplay begins.

I thought he would need to buy a cow for the shed, but it seems there's an animal already in there named Clarissa, I think. I don't know if it's a cow or a llama yet though. I hope it's a cow though so I don't have to sell it to get one. o.O

Anyway, that's it for this update, I have the upstairs landing, bathroom and downstairs extra living room to remodel yet, but that's it. Hopefully I'll have those rooms finished by my update for the 2nd.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my November 1st post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next and hopefully finish them before I need to get some rest. I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    edited November 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    Love how Aaron and Hunter are helping to train DJ as good friends often do. :)

Huh, well I guess it's a good thing then he didn't change in front of them. Weird the game didn't give him a dark mode. Thank you, I'm having fun and yep, green has been Cale's favorite color right from the start. I love it too though, so it's all good.

hehe Yeah, because it knows as soon as it does? Gone! Buh Bye! ;) Their reactions are everything! I would hazard a guess TS4 toddlers are the best life stage ever created for Sims. At least in my opinion anyway.

Surprised me so much when Cale lost it playing chess. But he is still hot-headed so there is that. It's never a good idea to keep feelings bottled up. They're bound to build and eventually blow off the cap if you don't let the steam escape. I'm sure being out in the country surrounded by nature will do him a world of good. :) Hehe Yep, toddlers have a miniscule attention span. Good thing in this case eh? :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Yeah, no, a little too busy of a place to study. Aww, Jon. He's always so friendly with everyone. Cute he's such good friends with the janitor. :) Oh Cool, Jon and Oona are doing a mural together. I wonder what is wrong with Jerrad, he looks disgusted in the T-pose/Protester screenie. So weird how all those B-ball players are in one clump alllll the way over there. hehe Sheesh!

Good idea having planters there, another skill activity for students to try. Murals take soooo freakin' long to finish! Aww, they took some selfies together! They look so cute! Great update!

Thanks about the house! Oh, sure, I'm headed to bed in a few minutes, but I'll package it up for you later today, no problem! :)

Gah! They look so small! hehe Love your play on words with the title! hehe Wow, so Jon loves fishing just as much as his brothers. I'm not surprised. :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @Karababy52 I've been quietly following along and reading these they are so much fun! Been wanting to jump in and do this as well but can't seem to find enough free time at the moment..

Keep the stories coming <3
    @BreeMiles So happy to read you've been following along and find our stories for the challenge fun to read. :) I understand, this is a challenge that requires a daily effort to complete. It's very time consuming if you write a story along with the required daily post pic, but fun to do if you have the time for it. Anyway, thanks for stopping in, I would be thrilled if you were to try it for yourself some time. Perhaps next year. :)

I've been contemplating trying out your Free Will challenge again some time soon too. I enjoyed it so much in the past. We shall see...

Happy Simming! <3
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    November 2nd: Kaori's Kitty

KsjrDFl.png
    It was a fairly laid back Sunday.

Mira got a head start on her presentation board while Kaori authenticated another relic that had been sent to her.

kjd6n2n.png

I received my first freelance gig and chatted with the client about what they were looking for.

I8wTSwP.png

I'd set up a candle making station in what was suppose to be the garage, so I got right to work pouring the candles and waiting for them to harden.

cAJd2Nt.png

Pax spent his morning watching the Kid's channel, while Gael took Rusty on a walk down to the beach.

mSOz6Nw.png
    CADYrgl.png

A neighbor kid stopped by and Pax excitedly went out to greet him.

m6imZbj.png

They had a good time playing together up in Pax's room.

KvOC4U9.png

Gael returned and reported he'd been able to teach Rusty a new trick! He can now lie down on command.

cfJPSgX.png

Kaori complained about feeling cooped up being inside, so she ended up going for a run to get some fresh air. When she returned a few hours later, she was proudly carrying a fluffy kitty sporting a purple sweater.

KdptCV6.png

She announced that the cat had been down at the docks and had looked miserable out in the rain, so she'd decided to adopt it! When I asked her what the cat's name was, she shrugged and said she was just going to call her Kitty.

I introduced myself to our newest household member but she just gave me the side eye as if she was sizing me up.

BOgHwcY.png

She did eventually warm up to me, but I think she sensed my latent dogness from my time as a werewolf, and wasn't sure what to make of me.

I hope she can get along with Gael and Rusty.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,783 Member
    Oona Medicci, day 28
    6pESxGu.png
    I keep forgetting to delete that makeup game gave with her sleepwear... ugh..
    d8BG4nn.png
    Jon ordered some groceries.
    4cq0yoX.png
    What got delivered to kitchen table, seen from window, but house must of been too tiny to that giant tip coin, as they went outside to do that :p

oWSNlq7.png
    he was cooking for her, Oona should be up at any minute now..
    qpzQ2Es.png
    Aww, poor Eliza.. she is afraid of the stove or combination of newbie cheff Jon with the stove... she is smart kitty. Most likely the last :p

Oona has to wait till next week to really get to those aspirations, so now, she called school she was ill (she is master on that)
    A6LQL3j.png

Oona joined to cheerleading group, got this training rug as gift, she shall practise few days for aspiration, and post to social bunny as much as she can..
    K1u5yNc.png

YDmMixK.png
    "Hey! Sweet of you to cook for me, thank you." she said
    "But what in earth happened with your nose??? Nasty cut, be lucky you dont bleed!"
    "Oh this? I was jogging in the forest and fell, no biggie" he replied.

8OmfEw2.png

And Jon left to school.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Jon's extra adventures
    QxkjXJN.png
    Jon had his own adventures, while Oona slept.
    Eventually he got bored of fishing... oh well started raining like mad. And remembered there is also a mining town near by, if his memory served him right, there was a library.

As there was, but it was different than almost a hundred years ago, when Jon visited there last.. it was.. more or like.. abandoned..
    IZKDqmP.png

And there was something else, something that warned him in his head.. something, or someone did not want him here.
    MfC4BUb.png

0ATUg00.png
    "ah this is ridiculous!"

ntRpBJp.png
    "Based of these books, and all markings on walls and furniture, werewolves are near.. maybe they took over this town?"

XcioW16.png
    "But it does not make sense! Im not in bad terms with them! Well if not counted him....but he lives in San Myshuno, long way from here..."
    He said to himself , and got up again.

59zyp0h.png
    Jacob walked to library.

"You!"
    "YOU!! How did.."
    "Just shut up!"

OaB4WtM.png
    They argued about something, very agressively. Jacob seemed to be the one who was furious...

SvE4pmg.png
    jMyKw45.png

fdNtIU8.png
    sdiXJjJ.png
    FQkt7cX.png
    zvlpUYE.png
    Jon lost, he has lots to learn still.. he left back home, Oona did not had to know about this.

6qSReOG.png
    That night Jacob saw something he had not seen on decades..
    P1jVVue.png
    "He better never come back."

edited November 2022
    November - Day 2: "Renovations and updates 'almost' complete..."

5phR5y5.png

Notes
    eGzuy97.png
    The daily post pic was just a WIP of this room I wanted to show because I loved the lighting with the sun shining in the door windows. It's changed quite a bit since then.

HVXFcCS.png
    Another change I made was to close that wall and add an arch. I think it looks better that way.

aZMf3di.png
    Love this little corner!

Crmy77l.png
    I wanted to use that craft table somehow for a knitting corner so I flipped the chairs around to face it and added a few things on top. This way they can look out the window as they knit too. I plan to have them make all those hanging plants once they have enough skill and the rug too.

4CnI5HF.png
    Love the werewolf clock Cale got for defeating Kristopher and becoming the Alpha of the Moonwood Collective. Happy it has a swatch that closely matches the woodtones in here too!

eySa2va.png
    I thought about putting a TV, a painting or maybe a mirror on the fireplace but ended up just leaving it empty. It's too fiddly to do since you have to delete a section of wall. Not that big of a deal except stuff gets deleted when you mess with the walls for some reason. I think it looks nice without anything there anyway.

zYCgTu6.png
    Overhead view. Looking at this, I think I need to move the chairs/end table up a little. Might add some tile under all the fireplaces too. I may have went a little overboard with this room, but oh well, I love it and think it's pretty.

bZ8N30f.png
    Added some photos to the living room TV wall and Cale's console on the coffee table. Had to swap the color of the lamps too. I always use a neutral white in all my builds for lighting, but the default is yellow. Those lamps were actually blue, but looked green.

To my dismay I also realized I have no photos of Colt yet and there really should be a photo of Esmeralda at least and would like one of the other children he's discovered too. Cale might have to take a day to do that.

qfnbGz2.png
    I'm calling this the celebrity wall above the Chess set. I've also added something I can't remember to the bookshelf after I took this.

hwQAjGA.png
    Couple added touches on the entrance table include; the basket, Familiar and again, I added Cale's vampire 'potpourri' items to the basket after I'd already taken this screenshot.

U5mK68N.png
    So far so good *knock on wood* with Cale's regular garden. Placed his hydroponic planters and planted a selection of Fall harvestables. Over the past few months, whenever anything affecting the garden happened, except harvesting, they would revert to dirt piles, including moving and replanting them. Not this time. I have a new mod that just might be working. I sure hope so!

rqIG3Bl.png
    Last, but not least for this update is the upstairs landing/office area renovation. Have not touched the bathroom yet, other than to chuck that rug in there so ignore that.

JPM0T8r.png
    Cale and Marley each have their own computer/office nook in this build.

WDmqbjp.png
    This is Marley's side, but other than the piano most of the items are more of Cale's collections and memorabilia.

amCgvXj.png
    However, she does have two photos of Cale on her desk.

SaJJtT2.png
    Cale's area is of course much more cluttered up with his personal collections and memories. You'll notice he has a photo with Sandy on his desk. Not that he ever could or would forget her, he wants to keep her memory alive. She may be gone, but he loved her. She was a big part of his life and the lives of so many others, including their Son. There's a couple more photos and her paintings scattered around the house as well.

YhyMhXv.png
    Baby Joe photo , birth certificates for Joe L. & Colt, plus a sweet photo of Cale and Marley on this wall.

PCqQPnF.png
    More memories and items relating to his life over the 'years.'

Y8ehDZZ.png
    More collections displays, etc., plus a small seating area. I might change that corner for something else since they have a lot of places to sit already. I have no idea what though. Hmmm...
    @LegacySims2017
    thank you for your comments :) I use a mod for 18 students total in school. no lag so far, but I have pretty good computer.
    Lovely that Aaron and Hunter help him in his transition to vampire and how to be one :)

@RememberJoy ,
    both , Rusty and Kitty are adorable <3 That greyish beard looks good on him.

@Karababy52 ,
    thank you for your comments and the flat <3 It is going to another save, havent tried it yet, but was planning to do so tonight. Colt looks cute as kid too, he will be one heart breaker when he grows up :P I imagine him having several crusher over him at highschool :P That original hairstyle is best for Cale, I think :)
    Lovely room <3

@BreeMiles , always lovely to know someone else than us is reading these too :)

edited November 2022
    November 3rd: Building a rocket

Today's Accomplishment:
    Nerd Brain
    - Own a rocket ship

cCqzlqz.png
    After I shipped off the candles for my first freelance gig, Kaori and I snuggled up on the couch together. Our conversation somehow got onto my siblings and how they were all so different.

vR9BYmA.png

"Just think about it," Kaori mused, "there's you, a human turned spellcaster, Mira the mermaid, Gael the werewolf, your vampire sister, and the one who's an alien! That's kind of amazing!"

Wp8rJ68.png

Kaori mentioning my sister Allyson made me pause.

When she'd dropped off Mira and Gael earlier, Allyson had mentioned coming back to find them permanent homes, but hadn't returned since. Of course I was content with having my siblings live with us, but I began to get a little worried.

Htjrp0q.png

When I mentioned this observation to Kaori, she got all thoughtful and nodded in agreement.

"You're right," she said. "It's odd that she hasn't made contact with us."

She sat their chewing on her lip thinking for a minute before continuing.

"You know," she said thoughtfully, "I keep seeing these adds for rocket ship kits online. Perhaps we could use one of those to reach out to her and find out if she's alright. Besides," she continued with a mischievous smile, "I'm eager to find out what zero gravity woohoo feels like."

iCBuD56.png

She had me at woohoo.

uMVfJ8W.png

The company we purchased our kit from had same day delivery, so within a matter of hours we where out back constructing our very own rocket ship.

vrrS5xw.png

We worked on the ship until the kids got home, and we almost completed it too, but of course the kids come first.

Gael didn't look too happy on his way in, but Pax seemed fairly confident and even brought home a friend.

C5PPad4.png

I guess Lilith's son Cole must attend school in Brindleton Bay.

C4fTjmr.png

They ended up going swimming with Mira, who had just completed her first two college classes for the day.

6YMCP58.png

Gael ended up going for a jog to clear his head, and when he returned he played fetch with Rusty in the kitchen.

o89iUQ5.png

Might not be the best place for that, but I'm just happy to see him bonding with someone.

Kaori and I were all hot and sweaty from working on the rocket all day, so we ended up jumping into the pool as well to cool off.

Q5vuDjC.png

After Cole left for the day, Mira and Pax sat down to do their homework at the bar.

TLz3NPg.png

After my quick swim I got out and helped him with some problems he was struggling with.

OBJ40la.png

Mira asked Kaori if she might give her some feedback on her poster presentation, so they went upstairs together and Kaori was able to help her better organize her information.

0DVySwJ.png

As for Kitty settling in, Gael wasn't thrilled to have a cat around, but when he saw Rusty getting along with her he said he'd try to make it work.

pIVGE2l.png
    OQ0hzl3.png

Of course Pax and Kitty bonded almost right away over their mutual love of the color purple.

vpxijjt.png
    *Updated my November 2nd post above! I apologize for how late I am updating this. By the time I was finished and had taken screenshots, it was way too late to try to post them or do comments. I would've done it this morning, but our water pressure tank went on the fritz again and then after we temporarily got it fixed, we did some yard work. We've been very fortunate to have a string of beautiful days, but it won't last. We wanted to take advantage before the snow flies and enjoy the warmth.

Other than the upstairs bathroom, I'm finished with the renovation, finally! I'll hopefully have a proper story mode update for today later tonight. However, it might end up just a daily post pic with aspiration/story mode gameplay beginning tomorrow. Time's running out before midnight. o.O

Comments/replies coming up next! I hope everyone had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @Ellupelluellu
    At least the lipstick is her signature pink eh? ;)

Hello handsome! So sweet of him to have groceries delivered so he could cook breakfast for Oona. I don't get why that coin is so HUGE! Looks like a $20 gold piece! That's quite a tip! Good place for that painting Jon, fits well in the kitchen. :) hehe Poor Eliza, she looks terrified! o.O

Oh cool, cheerleading! Can't wait to see her with her squad. :) I was wondering the same thing Oona, about Jon's nose. Fell in the forest? Uh, okay. I have a feeling it's much more than a simple fall. Just noticed he's got a scratch on his upper cheek too. What the heck happened for real Jon?

Ooo, so Jon is an old vampire in your save, very cool! I imagine it does look very different than when Moondwood Mill was a bustling mining town. Not quite abandoned though Jon.

Of course he's all tense sensing the werewolves lurking about. Whoa! Look at Jacob, great job with him! He looks so intense. So, so curious what kind of history they have since they obviously already know each other. I wonder what happened to make them not like each other. I mean, of course the werewolf/vamp thing, but seems like there's more to it than that.

Holy *BEEP*! WOW! What a fantastic dark mode you've given Jon, he looks so scary! Love the Batuu clothes, they seem very fitting. Get 'em Jon! Jacob's werewolf form looks amazing too! Aww, man, he lost. Maybe next time. Not seen in decades? Guessing vamps don't visit Moonwood Mill very often in your story canon. Love the screenshot of the bat and the moon! Fantastic update, I'm very intrigued with this Jon/Jacob long-standing grudge. Looking SO forward to reading more!

You're welcome! Hope you're able to use it soon and it works for your purposes. :) Hopefully you're right about Colt. We shall see. Sometimes, most of the time, their looks completely change when they age into a teen. Cross your fingers! :) Glad you agree about Cale's original hairstyle. It suits him. Thanks about the room too! The lighting in there is just gorgeous!
    edited November 2022
    November - Day 3: "It is the sweet, simple things in life which are the real ones after all..."

95C2xko.png

Notes
    8s5Ub5q.png
    Cale bought some crops to plant and headed out to the garden area to do just that. Look at that smile! I think living in the country agrees with him. He's happy. :)

Aa8O37v.png
    He planted, watered and fertilized one plot of watermelons, aubergines, mushrooms, lettuce and two plots of pumpkins.

TwcD8d4.png
    Meanwhile, Marley is inside trying her hand at knitting. She's making a green beanie to start.

HmeIOk4.png
    Colt is getting a head start on his homework even though he doesn't have school for two days. I don't blame him for choosing the picnic table to do it. Very pretty outside in the dusk of this day. I only wish it was Summer so everything was blooming. Homework complete, he took a shower and went to bed. It had been a long day full of fun and excitement for Colt and his family.

H6sGOtF.png
    Let me introduce you to the livestock on the farm. This is their rooster, Jack.

TLUskGW.png
    And here's their hen, Janet.

DxNZ7PE.png
    Lastly, here's...oh wait, wrong side. Opps! o.O

sqyMM8X.png
    That's better! This is Chrissy, their hen chick. So cute! I hope she grows up. Last year, Essa and Josh's chick named Chick-a-dee never grew up for some reason.

IIwtYC5.png
    Last but certainly not least is Celeste! Yay! They have a cow, a brown & white cow! What a fun coincidence she happens to be brown, just like the chickens. Finished with the garden, Cale walked over to get to know her.

4dj6H28.png
    He gave her a good brushing first since she was a bit dusty. Celeste was eating it up, loving the attention.

tLjCsUs.png
    "You kind of like that, don't you girl?"

GLEcH5f.png
    "I'll take that look as a yes."
    *Moooooo*

Look at those adoring eyes. I'm not surprised. Cale has always had a way with the ladies. ;)

Ie47XQI.png
    Twin smiles! Cale's not the only one happy to be living in the beautiful countryside in Old New Henford.

67tnPvf.png
    "You are so sweet, and such a beauty."

gxEjPLd.png
    "I think I love you already." He said giving the bovine a hug around her neck.

Ft9qhh5.png
    "So what do you think girl? Would it be okay if I milked you? Yeah, I think so. You won't kick me, I can just tell."

Et6pdiO.png
    "That a-girl. That's not so bad is it?"
    *Mooooo*

d2Wp2C7.png
    "Thanks Celeste, you did great. All done now."
    *Mooooooooo*

She gave him 6 bottles of milk

hGMtvG8.png
    Before going inside to see what Marley was up to, Cale asked Celeste if she had any tips on how to get a long with cow plants. If cows could laugh, that's exactly what she did. hehe Not sure if that's a good thing or bad. hehe

pykXIak.png
    He found Marley still hard at work knitting a hanging planter this time. She talked Cale into trying it out for himself. After showing him how to do the basic stitches, he got started.

"Ugh, why would anyone do this? The yarn keeps slipping off, I'm getting it all tangled up and I think I dropped a stitch." Cale said feeling a bit overwhelmed.
    "I find it quite relaxing."

k0ooSiH.png
    "I find it quite frustrating! Uh, is it knit one, pearl two or pearl one, knit two or...?"

m4yF962.png
    "Do you need some help Babe?"
    "Nah, I'll figure it out. Okay, knit one, pearl two, knit one, pearl two..."

z1cby0q.png
    "I think I have it now. I guess it's not so bad."

32SoEYY.png
    I'll leave these two to knit in peace. By the way, Cale hasn't met the chickens yet. Jack and Janet were already roosting in the coop for the night when he scattered some feed for them. Chrissy was still wandering around though. She had a little bit to eat and then went in the coop herself.

Tomorrow I think I'll have them explore the different neighborhoods and maybe meet some of their neighbors. Oh and finish the renovation on the upstairs bathroom for them.
    *Updated my November 3rd post above! Hope y'all had a fanfreakintastic day! <3
    November 4th Gael skips school

89yaiDm.png
    So nothing went as planned today.

Kaori had to go into work, so we agreed to continue on the rocket once she got back.

To be productive, I took on another freelance gig for four carved candles, and by the time I'd finished the first I was regretting it. Since when had candle making gotten so boring?

xqivVde.png

It was around that time I received a call from Gael's school informing me Gael had failed to show up to class today.

9RaHW2E.png

Why was I not surprised.

I threw on my active ware and proceeded to jog around our neighborhood until I found him.

nbRmZ5b.png

Of course he was down at the beach fishing in the rain.

MB3mvKH.png

When I asked him what he thought he was doing, he got defensive and told me he had never agreed to attend school everyday.

HeJTNHW.png

Watcher be my strength.

gV5yuuS.png

I explained that in life we often had to do things we didn't like, and we couldn't just run away from them without feeling the consequences.

xynwIDq.png

He just waved away my lecture and said that might be true for regular sims, but as a werewolf he was self sufficient and didn't need to follow societies rules.

bEiCsf6.png

At this point I decided to switch tactics and give him something to work towards instead. Lately he'd been begging us to get a video gaming console, so I placed that on the bargaining table and told him if he got his grades up and promised to attend school everyday, I'd buy him the console of his choice.

That got his attention.

uZkQk5F.png

The principle had explained that if Gael completed the school project that had been sent home with him, and that if it was done well, that she would give him credit for his missed day.

So we went home, and after a quick dinner, Gael and I got to work on crafting a robot.

hWeM1kd.png

The irony. I hate robots.

It took the rest of the evening to complete, but when we were done, we had a small robot that could dance around and chirp.

I made sure to praise Gael for doing an excellent job, and then I dragged my tired butt off to bed.

hrO4fWx.png

Needless to say, we didn't get any work done of the rocket ship.

@Karababy52 ,
    thanks for your comments :) It was fun to have even tiny story going on, with Jon now , and just a lil twist. you will see what happened between Jon and Jacob eventually :p In past and present :p
    Yes Jon is older vampire in this save , as this is continuing to last years save, Melody turned him at her teenhood , was it in alternative timeline, or real one , we shall see about that near christmas ;)

Poor Eliza yes, those pets create so silly scares, like huge dog is scared of a laptop xd

Cale looks like he indeed enjoys his time in the country :) Nice to meet the animals too! I too hope that the chic grows up this time!

Of course Celeste can laugh!! :D

Hehe, always so funny to learn to knit :P animations, I mean :)

Love the last pic <3

@RememberJoy ,
    hehe reading that made me again happy to not have parenthood pack :D Great update!

edited November 2022
    November - Day 4: "I like people who smile when it's raining..."

Ogn2EoE.png

Notes
    AcGLSA4.png
    When I loaded into Cale's lot, I could not get these two to resume their knitting projects in the rocking chairs. No matter what I tried they just waved at me as if blocked. What? However, they could resume knitting while sitting in these chairs by the fireplace.

CTWvsBp.png
    Colt woke up hungry and grabbed a serving of leftover chicken stir fry. Not what I would eat for breakfast, but you do you Colt!

BHOSoRZ.png
    Completed the upstairs full bathroom. It's not the biggest one in the world, but it'll suffice. The lot renovation is now complete.

7mrNUOH.png
    Colt had a little time before school started to do an art project.

aW9NxXB.png
    While he worked on that and Marley continued knitting, Cale went out into a raging thunderstorm to tend to his garden. Very pleased with the gardening mod I put in my game. So far the plants have stayed in a mature state as expected and are ready to harvest every morning.

CiahvaE.png
    He's actually whistling again! I love how Sims with the Storm Chaser reward trait thrive in bad weather.

o5OyAn2.png
    Love the little gardening details including the dandelion seed pods floating around when Cale pulls the weeds.

gKQ0puV.png
    Colt left for his first day of school with a smile on his face.

4EuDkDI.png
    Someone else has a smile on his face too. Cale's thoroughly enjoying this stormy day and couldn't contain his excitement over it.

Bewz6bu.png
    He checked on Celeste, filling her feed bin and then checked on the chickens next.
    "Hey! Thanks for the egg Janet!"

sW2kfaR.png
    Cale took one more look back at his garden before going inside to see if Marley would like to go into town and look around. He was incredibly happy with his life right now. He only wished they'd moved here sooner.

VSINi8n.png
    Marley of course was game for going into town despite the storm. At least it slowed down to just rain by the time they arrived. Marley went inside the pub to snag them a couple stools and order some drinks while Cale wandered over to check out a produce stand. He bought a few things there and walked across the way to another stall selling gardening supplies.

a8LtWrL.png
    "Hi, I'm Cale. Hey, where's Agnes? You're her cousin, Agatha, right?"
    "Yes, I am. She has today off. How can I help you young man?"

Cale also bought a few things here as well including some Super Vitality fertilizer.

YmI70p5.png
    "Are you loving it here as much as I am?"
    "Oh yeah, it's great. Everyone is so friendly, we're learning how to knit, the farm is doing well, Colt is learning about nature, etc., what's not to love?"

m5mRrVB.png
    Luckily the bar carried supplies to make their favorite drink, Plasma Janes. They continued to chat together and with the pub owner until their drinks were gone.

hbFz4hb.png
    "The rain has stopped. At least for now. Would you like to keep exploring for awhile? Maybe check out the Brambles?"
    "Sounds good to me!"

7T7mdQO.png
    They went for a walk through the Brambles and came upon Volpe Park. On their way to check out the ruins there, they stumbled upon a hollowed out tree stump filled with a flock of friendly, curious birds.

G9Vz0TG.png
    One of them was so friendly it landed on Cale's extended finger and sang to him. Cale couldn't help but join in.

FRBaPYu.png
    A few moments later when Cale stopped singing, the bird flew away.

h78Z0OQ.png
    He watched it fly above his head, dipping and looping as if dancing a waltz with the wind.

pql3fWA.png
    The bird suddenly dove toward Cale and flew circles around him, making Cale laugh with joy as Marley watched.
    "I think it likes me. Gawd I love it here!"

trcwM0w.png
    Suddenly the storm returned in full force. Marley popped open her umbrella, but to her dismay, the fierce wind turned it inside out.
    "Ahhh! My umbrella's ruined!"
    "I don't know why you're using one anyway, you're waterproof."
    "I know, just habit I guess. Maybe we should go home now." Marley yelled so as to be heard above the wind.
    "Yeah, we'll come back another time. I don't want you to get hit by lightening."
    "You either! Colt will be home from school soon too."

The couple cut their explorations short and went home to wait for Colt. That's where I ended my play session for the night.
    *Updated my November 4th post above! Comments/replies coming up next. I hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    @Ellupelluellu
    You're welcome and thank you too! Loving your little twist story with Jon! Can't wait to find out the backstory with Jacob! Ah yes, of course, that's right! Melody turned him a long time ago. Gah! So excited to find out the ending to Melody's story soon too! <3

The pets fears are so silly! Realistic for some, but most aren't that freaked out by appliances. hehe

Cale is having the time of his life, he's in his element now and loving every minute of it! I figured they could, I wonder what she was laughing about concerning the cow plant. Maybe she knows something Cale doesn't about it. Hmmm... Yep, I love those funny faces and animations they do for knitting too and thanks about the last pic. I think it's my favorite screenshot taken so far. <3
    edited November 2022
    November - Day 5: "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents..."

H4josJb.png

Notes
    8iC2qHs.png
    As the storm continued raging outside, Cale and his family tried to keep themselves busy doing things inside. There are several places Colt could've done his homework, but he chose to sit at his Mom's desk and do it on top of her laptop. Sim's logic can be so weird sometimes.

yxExRed.png
    "Are you sure you want to watch this movie again? We've already seen it a couple dozen times, at least."
    "Yeah, it's a good one."

ZV7NLrP.png
    "I can think of something much more fun to do. Let's go upstairs and fool around."
    "Cale! Colt's up there practicing violin. He might hear us."

z6iqHV8.png
    "We can be quiet."
    "Are you kidding me? Not possible. Besides that, what if he sees us going into the bedroom?"

KA1ovuk.png
    "We'll just say we're taking a nap."
    "He'll quickly figure out we're not sleeping in there Babe."

uIKGggs.png
    "Come on, you know you want to."
    "Whether I want to or not isn't the point."
    "So you're really going to turn me down? You never have before."
    "We didn't have a child in the house before. I'm not saying no though, just...later. Watch the movie Cale."

qWDuIpW.png
    "Whoa! Did you see that?"
    "Yeah, I did. Just now and all eleventy-billioneth times we watched this movie before."

8ZKVdnq.png
    After the movie, Marley decided to go do some more knitting. Cale declined joining her this time in favor of texting Joel to see if he wanted to come over and play some video games with him.

O0CMOJa.png
    "Hey Bro, so glad you could come over last minute like this. Are you ready to get your butt whooped?"
    "We haven't seen each other in a while, I'm glad you called! But, I think my butt is safe. Can't say the same about yours though. Let's go!"
    "Bring it!"

VFJsPHK.png
    "Aha! I thought I heard someone playing Party Frenzy. Can I join?"
    "Sure, grab a controller. We'll start over."
    "Cool!"

qWCq9JO.png
    "AHHHHHH! Did you feel that? Did it hit the house? Is the house on fire? Did a tree fall down on the house? AHHHHH!"

I think Colt is a bit scared of thunderstorms. Poor kid.

emzKniO.png
    "Hey, you're playing Party Frenzy!"
    "Yeah, could you get out of the way, I can't see!"
    "Can I play too?"
    "Right after this round you can."
    "Awesome!"

dfSKF7v.png
    Everyone was doing great, it seemed they were dead even as far as scores go. But then...

Hy9Ayg4.png
    *RAWR* "That's it! I quit, I HATE this game! It glitched again, I'm so sick of it!"
    Cale roared before angerly throwing his controller down on the floor at his feet.
    "It's not glitched, you just lost. Calm down!"
    "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

MWngd8H.png
    For some reason seeing Cale in such a rage was a turn-on for Marley, she got very flirty.

"Ooo, Cale you're so sexy when you're angry."
    "Oh sure, NOW you want me."
    "What do you mean Dad?"
    "Uh, nothing. Why don't you go play your violin or something."

Marley and Colt left the room to find something else to do leaving Joel and Cale alone to have a chat and catch up.

VKLi3ac.png
    "Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. What should you never yell while arguing with a vampire?"
    "I don't know, what?"

kRnAkPh.png
    "Bite me!"

Joel loved the joke, but had to go back home not long afterward. Since Marley was still knitting and it had stopped raining, he decided to go outside and check on the animals.

sAKGsI2.png
    He passed by Colt playing with his dollhouse on the way. He checked on Celeste first. She didn't need anything, so he gave her a hug and wandered over to the chickens.

jnmRE75.png
    By the time he reached the chicken coop, it had started to storm again. Colt bolted for the house. Cale wasn't afraid of storms, though he could still get hit by lightening. Thankfully he hasn't so far. He found Jack still standing on the upper balcony of the coop. Apparently he wasn't afraid of storms either. Cale wasn't sure what to say to a rooster he would understand, but tried telling a joke anyway.

"Why does Mozart hate chickens?"

mlcHlI1.png
    "Because all they say is Bach Bach Bach!"

7AiTkxP.png
    Uh, I don't think Jack liked the joke. He had a red double negative for Cale and this thought bubble. I think he was hoping Cale would burn up in the Sun. Or perhaps he was thinking about Cale being scared when he attacked him? o.O Either way, not very nice Jack! Cale just wants to be friends.

AnSgnq0.png
    I decided to have Cale try to take Jack's photo to increase their relationship, but he wasn't in the selection menu. So I had him just take a photo of him instead. He's quite handsome eh?

After that I tried to have Cale call Jack out of the coop to have something to eat, but there wasn't an option for that either. Eventually I figured out Jack was glitched. He was stuck there and starving to death. No wonder he was so grumpy!

xRX0Jth.png
    Resetting him did the trick though. Cale called him from the coop and scattered some feed for the rooster who immediately started pecking away at it.

yX1fIrI.png
    "Eat up big guy, there's plenty more where that came from."
    Ugh, look how dark and nasty it is out there. Maybe you should go inside Cale.
    (Soon. There's no hurry.)
    Fine, be foolhardy then, it's your funeral Dude.
    (Aren't you being a bit dramatic Watcher?)
    Maybe, I just want you to be safe is all.

PYOE8o1.png
    Since Cale was in no hurry to go inside, I checked on Colt and Marley. Marley was still knitting, but I caught Colt mopping up a mess. It must've been his own mess since he's the only kid here. Very responsible young man eh?

Alright, well, a little after this screenshot, our power went out. I lost everything in this entire update as a result since I hadn't saved. D'oh! I knew it was stormy and windy, I should've saved frequently, but didn't. *cries*

Not really a big deal since nothing very important happened, except...
    Gt8B0g0.png
    Later that night after they'd gone to bed, Marley was restless and got up.

"Cale? Are you still awake?"
    "Hmm? Yeah, I am, just barely. What's up?"
    "What do you think about maybe having another child?"

QdW60wy.png
    "Ahahahaha! Another baby? Seriously?"

UGfzHas.png
    "Yeah, I keep thinking about how much fun a toddler would have on the farm. Can't you just picture them cuddling the baby chick, Chrissy?"
    *snort* *snicker* "Ahehehe! Don't you think I've had enough children already? I do. But hey, if it happens, it happens. You know I love our kids and my other kids that I know about. What's one more? More to love I guess."

NetKhAJ.png
    "I'm glad you said that because...I'm pregnant."

Okay, little backstory here. Before they left Evergreen Harbor, I had pregnancy turned off using a mod. Well, sometimes this particular mod resets itself to default settings unexpectedly. It's very frustrating. Especially in Cale and Marley's case. I had not planned on Cale having any more children, period. But that mod had other ideas. Marley was pregnant when they left that world. However, when they moved into Henford-on-Bagley, she wasn't! o.O

I had gotten used to the idea of a toddler playing with the animals on the farm, I thought it was going to be so much fun. If you remember I'd even contemplated keeping Colt a toddler for awhile for that very reason. So finding out she wasn't pregnant anymore was disappointing. Hence the reason I had them try for a baby last night. I checked and she was pregnant. Yay! But then the power went out. That's strike two. I think the game/mod is trying to tell me something. No more babies for Cale, he's had enough.

For that reason, I probably won't be having them try for a baby again... or maybe I will just so it's a 'strike three and you're out' kind of thing. Ugh, I'm so torn...
    November 5th: Blasting off!

MSfChL8.png
    Since we hadn't gotten to work on the rocket ship the day before, Kaori and I got right to work after the kids left for school.

ueTbvqg.png

We worked together until Kaori had to leave for work. I finally put the finishing touches on our new rocket ship just before lunch, and stood back to admire our work.

sUK5nkD.png

Not bad.

I was tempted to take it for a spin, but wanted to share that experience with Kaori, so instead I returned to my candle making station and got to work on making three more carved candles. I even brought in my lunch over in the hopes of multi-tasking, but it's hard to carve and eat at the same time.

yfEwFNi.png

The pets came running in a little while later followed by a rumble of thunder that shook the garage.

kyNvy9Y.png

Got to love the unpredictability of fall weather. It was snowing this morning.

Just as I finished up my last candle, a bat suddenly flew in and Andy appeared next to me.

quCicyE.png

We chatted for an hour before he excused himself, and then I went back to the house to find Kaori and the kids eating dinner. After grabbing a bite, Kaori mentioned she'd noticed I'd finished the rocket, and with a coy smile asked if we could go take it on a test flight.

EOIXJ59.png

Oh yeah!

QrwuXZi.png

We put on the space suits the rocket ship had come with, and Kaori pulled me inside and pushed the launch button.

K5QdTTh.png

I've got to say, zero gravity woohoo is out-of-this-world good.

TohL0Gm.png

After we landed, Kaori gushed about the experience and made me promise we'd do it again soon.

zgLAK00.png

You can bet on it!

When she went inside to get ready for bed, I took the time to pull out the garden beds I'd made earlier and plant some winter friendly produce and flowers.

oxEMtua.png

I wanted to diversify what I could make for my freelance job, and since I'd already purchased a juice fizzer, all I needed now were harvestables to juice.

Once I finished planting, I headed inside and went to bed. Tomorrow was Harvestfest so I'd best get rested up before the lawn gnomes appear.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    (Been a busy work week, but hopefully this new week, things will slow down.)

November 1st Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    The things students do in school. :lol: That was a nice ground mural Oona and Jon made. Well, I think Oona did most of the work it looks like. Love the silly faces selfie they took together.
    Aww, cute puppies. Jon doesn't need sleep, so fishing can keep him occupied.

@RememberJoy
    Wow, very lovely house you made (I assume). I love the colors for each. Aww, Rusty is cute. Can't wait to see their new cat Kaori is going to get.

@Karababy52
    lol ... too funny! :joy: aged up Colt did look like a hippie. Glad you kept Colt's curls when you went into CAS. Looking forward to Cale and family's adventure in the countryside.

November 2nd Comments:

@Karababy52
    Yeah, not sure the reaction in-game children give when a vampire arrives. I know everyone almost gets scared when one turns into a werewolf. Don't know about vampires. Never really paid attention. I'd want to write it in, though, if Hero or Novella reacted to his vampire form.

I agree, watching toddlers in The Sims 4 make it one of the best lifestages. Would be fun to give them more interactions: Be able to travel with adults and use a stroller interaction when doing so, since teenagers and adults can ride bikes, allow toddlers and children to ride tricycles or something.

@RememberJoy
    Nice to see Pax already making a new friend in the new town. That cat! :lol: Too cute. And I love the facial expression it is giving Adam. Too funny.

@Ellupelluellu
    I kind of like Oona in her makeup for sleepwear. :grin: Hoping she does really good as a cheerleader! "Go, Oona!"
    Poor Jon. His fault for going into a place he knew something was not right, however.

@Karababy52
    The werewolf clock does match the color tone of the rest of the room. Goes well in there. I like the mantle above the fireplace. No need for a tv or painting anyway. Sometimes just plain is good. It looks like an area to spend quality time with someone and gaze into the fireplace. Plus, there's books on the table that count as a bookstand, so they can also read in front of the fireplace.

You do have a natural touch for building. I always enjoy watching you show off your builds. I'm more of a CAS person. I plan on participating again next year (once you set up the thread). I know you said you may or may not take part. I'll be playing around and doing a lot of townie makeovers. Plus, to stay on track, I'll be letting readers play out how they think the gameplay story is. It will mostly be images with some captions to them (as to help me stay on track for a daily image like you and @RememberJoy are doing). No real storyline like I am doing with D.J. This gameplay I pretty much deleted the original townies. I want to keep them for the next year. But give them an upgrade. Still working on my Challenge Sim which will be the son of Lucifer Morningstar and Chloe Decker from the show Lucifer. Trying to find a hairstyle that looks like Stan from "17 Again".

Stan_2.jpg

November 3rd Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Rocket Ship Kit. :joy: Just imagine if that was a real thing. :lol: I hope Gael and Kitty do get along. Will be fun to see Rusty and Kitty play with each other.

@Karababy52
    Love the names you gave the farm livestock. Jack and Janet! Ha, ha! :mrgreen: Aww, their little baby chic didn't get a J name. Celeste is a good name for a cow. Knitting is a good exercise for Cale to try and relax. I mean, he's already very happy in the coutryside.

November 4th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Ah, the life of a teenager. And a werewolf teenager. I like Adam's tactics, though. And now Gael has another little friend.

@Karababy52
    I mentioned earlier the spot in front of the fireplace for a good time to just relax with another and spend quality time or to read. I like that it's also a spot for the two lovebirds to also knit together. Good to see the plants are working properly in Henford-on-Bagley for you and Cale. He looks so content in the country.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents

1m-1w-1y-oct15.jpg
    October 15: Plasma Pack!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. Spending the in-game day working on D.J.s vampire lore and more training.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited November 2022
    *Updated my November 5th post above! Yay! Our power's back on! \o/I'll get started on comments/replies next! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top