Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member

Welcome back, have a chocolate cookie :cookie::)

Will be interesting to know her story :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Hi @DaniRose2143 good to see you back :):)
    gen3-banner.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,649 Member
    @Ellupelluellu @mightysprite Thank you both very much. It's really good to be back. Chocolate is one of my best friends when things aren't so great. My bestie and I spent a lot of time together over the last week.😁

The new episode should be ready shortly. All the pictures are there and in order. I just need to do one more proofreading and any final edits.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Good to have you back @DaniRose2143 . It's no fun when you get stuck in the Boo Box, you know?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Twenty Three

With her engagement to Matteo still fresh in her heart, Liberty was back at work. She had recently been given the task of tracking down information about a mysterious woman named Izabella Bernard. An agent at the Sims Bureau of Investigation had approached S.I.M.S Director Shantel Bridges asking if her agency could help with an investigation. Information had reached the SBI that indicated Izabella Bernard was actually the missing daughter of prominent mob boss, Angelo Gambini. Director Bridges’ assistant, Special Agent Bella Goth suggested the newly promoted Liberty Lee would be the ideal choice to go looking for information on Izabella.

This is what Liberty is best at. She is a talented investigator and she is also an expert with all sorts of technology. If there is a way to find a piece of security camera footage for instance, she’ll find it. She can hack through just about any firewall. Liberty is an expert in the use of facial recognition software. She even has some ideas on how to improve the agency’s current system. It didn’t take long for her to know for sure Izabella Bernard wasn’t the missing woman, Giulia Gambini. There was only the slightest similarity between the two women, if you squinted really, really, hard and tilted your head to the right.
    jBGP7R8.png
    Liberty was curious to see if there might be something else that drew the SBI’s interest in Izabella. Clearly there had to be some other reason. Liberty was having a hard time wrapping her head around why the SBI needed their help. If they were originally convinced this woman was Giulia Gambini it would have been a breeze to prove that she isn’t. The SBI’s facial recognition software really wasn’t that much different than what Liberty worked with. At this point in her investigation Liberty was beginning to believe there were some agents at the SBI that needed their eyes, or even their heads, examined. She knew it was probably best not to phrase it like that in her reports.

So what was it? The only potential lead she could find was how Izabella had acquired so much wealth at such a young age. Maybe this was why the SBI thought Izabella was Giulia. Maybe they thought that money would tie her back to the notorious mafia boss Angelo Gambini. That was a stretch in Liberty’s mind. She felt like the SBI had to know that even the best surgeons in the world can only do so much to change a person's facial structure, and that what they can do will not fool sophisticated systems like theirs. She did some more investigating and uncovered a large number of financial documents for Izabella Bernard.
    vZsRJxJ.png

Liberty’s investigation revealed that Izabella had received a degree in Business and is nearing a degree in Economics. With that knowledge she had turned her earnings from the modeling and acting jobs into a whole lot of money through investments. Liberty isn’t an expert on financial matters but she has a colleague who is a Forensic Accountant. She took her files to him and he called her up a few days later to say there was nothing to see here. All of the information he was looking at was completely above board and that Izabella appeared to be very shrewd with her investments.

With all this information Liberty was confident in calling her superior, Special Agent Goth, to set up a meeting to go over her findings, with both Bella and Director Bridges.

“So Agent Lee, on a scale of one to ten, how confident are you that Izabella Bernard is not Giulia Gambini?” Ms. Bridges asked with a hint of a smile. Shantel Bridges’ turned out to be much nicer than her reputation, but she could still be intimidating.
    lPF8vCe.png

“A ten. I have not uncovered any evidence to warrant our continued involvement. I don’t see any evidence that would support the SBI or any other agency investigating her any further” Liberty said while feeling a combination of pride and fear. In spite of that smile, that was still Shantel Bridges she was talking to. Bella had been very impressed and told Liberty as much in their one on one meeting before proceeding to Director Bridges’ office.
    6AKkUNZ.png

“Agent Lee, I must say I am very impressed with the thoroughness of your work and the initiative you shown following leads you uncovered that no one else had. And you Agent Goth are likewise to be commended for discovering and recruiting a talent like Agent Lee.” Director Bridges said as a look of admiration flashed in her eyes and a smile spread across her usually stern face. “With that ladies this case is closed on our end and I will stress to my colleague at the SBI that they should view this the same way.”

“Let me add, Miss Lee…”

“It’s actually Mrs now, ma’am. My partner proposed to me Friday night.”

“Oh? Very good. Congratulations. Mrs?

“Rossi, ma’am”
    WmlcCl4.png

“Very well, Agent Rossi. If this is an indication of the work I can expect from you in the future, may I say, you have a very bright future on my team. Do not let that praise go to your head. Now that you’ve shown me what you are capable of, I will expect nothing less.”

“I won’t let you down.”
    5dxsc1Q.png

My name is Izabella Bernard. I have worked as a model for a cosmetics company and I have done a handful of TV commercials. I’m sure none of that surprises you. This next part might though, I also have a degree in Business, and I am very close to my degree in Economics. All of these experiences are important to my life’s ambition. I want to own and run my own fashion design house and I would also love to start my own line of cosmetics. Clothes and makeup are life long passions of mine and I want to channel my love of those into a business empire.
    SpLOlVk.png

Beyond my love of fashion, something else that drives me is not being taken seriously because I’m, A) a woman and B) a blonde. A woman can be pretty, blonde, and smart. The first two qualities are not mutually exclusive to the third. It makes me frustrated and sad when I see the look in someone’s eyes when I walk into a room. Once they see me a lot of people become patronizing and dismissive. They see me as nothing more than a pretty face. Some days when men patronize me, all I want to do is scream. When the patronizing attitude comes from another woman, it makes me really sad. On those days I usually come home, kick off my heels and just cry. As women we face the same obstacles and we should be working together. That’s what hurts the most. If we ever got together as a sisterhood, the patriarchy would be doomed. My mother, Erica, taught me so much about confidence, perseverance, and self-assurance and I draw on those lessons everyday. Growing up she always told me never let anybody else define you.

My bond with my mom started with my love for all things girly. I was like most young girls, I was interested in my mom’s makeup and clothes. I wanted to be exactly like her as long as I can remember. Like most young girls I was drawn to her makeup and just couldn’t help myself. She tried to stop me but I wouldn’t take no for an answer. Finally she realized the only way to keep me out of her stuff was to get me my own. That’s where my dream was born. She made sacrifices where necessary to keep me supplied with makeup to play with. She quickly realized it wasn’t a phase, but a genuine fascination. She sat down and explained what everything was and how to use it properly. I was probably one of the few ten-year-olds who had her own makeup collection. When I say collection, I mean full collection, not just some lipstick and blush. There was only one rule, I was not to wear it out of the apartment yet.
    Gz46tuZ.png

Those times we spent together talking and learning about makeup became our mother/daughter thing. It quickly came to include hair and clothes. I was obsessed. I love where it’s taken me and where it will take me in the future. Who could have known that first time I put on lipstick, a fashion and beauty mogul was born. By the time I was twelve I had become good enough with the makeup brushes my mom actually let me occasionally do her makeup for her. She never, ever, corrected any mistakes she may have felt I made in front of me. She would talk me through things if she felt I was close to making a mistake. Every time I did her makeup she walked out the door with it exactly as I had done it and she did it proudly. I’m sure there were times she pulled over a few blocks down the road, out of sight, and fixed things, but she always made sure to protect my feelings and nurture my gift.
    TJ4Evyo.png

I love my mom so much, but she has the worst taste in men it has to be said. I don’t know my biological father and don’t care too. If you’re going to walk out on us before I was even born, what am I saying, he walked out on us when she broke the news to him that she was pregnant with me. He wasn’t the last loser my mom dated though. There may have been a man in the house most of the time, but we had to have each other’s backs because life wasn’t always fun with them around. I sometimes marvel that I still love men given the examples I grew up with. None of them were ever in any danger of needing to prepare an acceptance speech for the Father Of The Year award. I am sure however that two or three of them have experience standing up in a courtroom and speaking to a judge.

We never had those mother/daughter fights, not really bad ones anyway. We couldn’t afford to fight amongst ourselves. That was the atmosphere in the house because of the men that came along after my biological father. My mom always did love bad boys. I say did because she hasn’t dated in a decade at least. The last man in our lives was such a loser it was the last straw for her. Things were that bad for us because of him. I’m determined to gently and lovingly nudge her back into the dating pool. There is a genuinely nice, wonderful man out there somewhere that is perfect for her. For that matter if she decided she was done with men and wanted to try a relationship with another woman I’m all for it. I just want her to know what it’s like to have a relationship that isn’t a dumpster fire. She deserves so much better than the relationships she's had. I won’t pressure her though. She seems perfectly content with her life as it is now. If she’s happy, I’m happy…but I still want her to know what it’s like to have somebody truly love her.
    jGH1XaY.png

I have to admit I have followed in my mom’s footsteps with men, sort of. I’m not attracted to bad boys like she was, but I have had my share of losers. The man I’m currently seeing is a case in point. I wouldn’t call him my boyfriend, but he seems to have other ideas about that. I met him in Windenberg earlier this year. I was out with friends from Britechester for a reunion and to go site seeing. We were at Pan Europa when this charming man, and his friends, approached us. He seemed to fixate on me and I was flattered even if he wasn’t half as smooth as he thought he was. For that matter he was handsome, and I will give him this, he is genuinely hilarious. We drifted off by ourselves and had a nice conversation and some laughs.
    vvU1Mtn.png

We danced and talked and generally had a good time. He said his name was Leonardo and that he was from Tartosa. I have to admit there is something I find attractive about men from that part of the world. Tartosan men make me melt and my brain just short circuits. Most of them are very stylish and that accent, oh my, that accent. Even though we were in a cheap discotheque, the lovely ambiance of Windenberg had filled me with romantic thoughts ever since I arrived. I enjoyed my evening with him and accepted his phone number when he offered it and said he would like to meet again. We did see each other a few more times as my work took me to Tartosa for a couple of months. I was there for a photo shoot and to make connections in the fashion world. Some of the great fashion centers of the world are close by and I wanted to increase my profile.

When my time in Tartosa and Windenberg was done I said my goodbyes, including Leonardo. Or so I thought. Not long ago he turned up at my door in San Myshuno. He had a story about wanting to rekindle our romance. I suspect there was another reason all together. Well there probably was a desire on his part to get back together with me, but that wasn’t the whole story. He knows I have money, and that, I feel, is his real motive. Love me and leave me broke when he’s had his fun. Like I said, one of my weaknesses is Tartosan men. I can’t believe I let Leonardo Ricci talk his way back into my life, but things are going great romantically for the moment. He can be fun to be around at times, but I still need to keep my wits about me. In spite of all the attention he is showering me with, and the wonderful way he’s treating me, I know it’s an act.
    7HEKUho.png

I could kick him out, and my every instinct says do it, but at the same time there is a part of me that wants to completely upend his little world. He’s planning to use me and I want to catch him at it, turn it around on him, and make him pay. I’m sure I’m not the first woman he’s played his little games with. I hope to put an end to it before he takes advantage of another woman who’s easily swayed by him. I’ll play along for now. I can read him and he’s one of those people who think I’m stupid. He feels like I’m an easy mark. He will find out otherwise. If he’s planning what I think he is, he’ll have plenty of time to think it over in jail. I have several layers of security on my electronic devices and my bank account. If he tries to make a little withdrawal, I'll know about it, and I will be taking my evidence to the authorities.

Back to my mom before I wrap up this little story of mine. We are both San Myshuno girls through and through. There is nowhere else we could ever call home. I may eventually have holiday homes, or places of my own to stay in other cities around the world while I’m there on business, but San Myshuno will always be home. With that in mind I bought my mom a loft in the Art District and had it renovated to her taste.*
    nlpR4b0.png

That is the first of many gifts I have given her as my heartfelt thank you for making me the woman I am. I know how much she loves art. I remember growing up in the Spice District and my mom dreaming about living in the Art District, so that loft was the perfect fit. If I do nothing else with my life I will see to it that my mom is treated like a queen. There are others who have had a rougher time in life than we did. Then, as now, we had one thing the world couldn’t take away and the only thing we needed, each other. If you want to know what a sheroe is, look at my mom.
    Eo0vRC4.png

Whatever I make of myself, whatever I may accomplish, my number one goal is to be as much like my mom as I can be. If I can be even half the woman and mother she is, I will consider my life a success. I know my mom loves me and she is extremely proud of me and I will never take either one of those things for granted, and I will not let her down.

*Erica's loft is courtesy of LJaneP6 and is available at TSR. I didn't show a lot of interior shots because I'm still in the middle of redecorating it.🙂*
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    Thank you @GalacticGal.🤗 You're so right, and it's worse when you step back and realize what you did to land there was so unnecessary. I made some really dumb decisions over the last couple of episodes and it came back to haunt me. I'll go into more detail after I do my workout and eat. See you all shortly.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @DaniRose2143, interesting story, interesting lady... but I have to admit, I still want to know where the mobsters daughter is and why the authorities were looking into Izabella.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    Wow @DaniRose2143 I really enjoyed reading that. I like Isabella a lot and I'm glad that Liberty is so skilled at what she does. Oh, Leo, you betta what ya back, buddy. heheheh
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @DaniRose2143.... oh... OH! You just gave me an idea. Thank you!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Great beginning. So many questions to be answered. What happened to Giulia? Is there any connection between Izabella and Giulia? Could Leonardo actually be sincere in his attraction to Izabella? Looking forward to the next chapter.
    Thank you both. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I'm so much happier with this version. It stays true to my style of storytelling and what this whole story is about, love, laughter, and friends. This is going to be a bit of a long read so the rest will be under the spoiler.
    When I first floated the Izabella storyline I had several paths she could take. The one I was leaning towards was revealing that Izabella was in fact Giulia Gambini. She had disguised herself under the makeup, bling, and big hair so that people would never suspect she was in fact being groomed to replace her father as the head of the family. I had time to think what with Danielle and Londyn's wedding and honeymoon, Liberty and Matteo, and the resurrection of Judith and the addition of Rayvn. I decided with Judith and Rayvn I no longer needed Izabella to be bad. That's opened the door for what happened that landed me in time out.

When I created the Izabella you saw first, I took the plain looking woman in Leonardo's relationship panel and blinged her up. I thought about the kind of woman Leonardo might be tempted to hang around in a long term relationship with, or at least for those moments when he just wanted her...company. That's where her original look came from. When I decided to bin her original story I should have dropped her or changed up her look. I created that disastrous backstory based off that original Izabella. Big. Mistake. But there was more behind the decision to create that backstory.

I have spent so much time on proposals and weddings, things that had me playing in the backup save. All on my own, I began to think that I was getting repetitive and if I didn't change things up I was going to start boring you all to tears. That was the second mistake. You all have been really wonderful with the positive comments and all. At the same time I was really impressed by how @luciusstorm and @mightysprite addressed sensitive topics and darker storylines and I thought I'd like to try it to. I thought I'd use Izabella's backstory to do that. I'd have her come from a seriously tragic and dark background which led to bad choices she regretted but have her story ultimately lead to a bright future and redemption. As this version of the story proves I can still have that sweet, positive ending and bright future without going where I went with the other.

Thats not me and thats just not what this story is about. Under The Tartosan Sun is supposed to be lighthearted, romantic, and fun. Londyn's falling out with her parents over her being a lesbian should have been as dark as the story ever got. So with that in mind, from now on I'm going back to the kinds of stories and narrative that you all love so much. The idea I had about Rayvn and Judith's simmering feud ending with one of them dead is over and done. I'm a big blubbering softie and I couldn't kill characters. What I plan to do with them is much better because it is a storyline that can go on for a longgg time. I want to make them bitter rivals and have them constantly plotting ways to embarrass and upstage the other. Rayvn is the young, up and coming diva vs Judith the aging, been there, done that, crushed them all under my Louboutins diva.

Now that I've had some sense drilled into my head, its time to knock off the crazy stuff and get back to doing this story the right way. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the kind words today and for following along with my little story.❤️
    @luciusstorm You are welcome and I look forward to finding out what the idea was.

@simgirl1010 I still have to find a way to close the Giulia arc. Since she's 'missing' I can take my time. I could make that something that Liberty pursues, where is Giulia? There are several ways for this to go. As far as Leonardo and sincerity go, they are total strangers at this point. Maybe later on, if he lands in serious trouble, I could have him learn his lesson and redeem himself. Right now though he's completely sleazy.

@DaniRose2143, in the words of the Bard - "... this above all else, to thine own self be true."
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    With the faint resemblance between Izabella and Giulia maybe they're both progeny of the deadbeat Dad. 🤔
    Hmm...that's an angle I hadn't considered. The possibilities are wide open for her at this point. Including one that just occurred to me. It will take some time to set it up, but as I sit here typing and thinking I'm liking this idea more and more.🤔
    With the faint resemblance between Izabella and Giulia maybe they're both progeny of the deadbeat Dad. 🤔

Now, that would make for a very interesting twist.

Now, that would make for a very interesting twist.

Right now I can clearly see a way in my mind how that would work out. That's two really intriguing arcs to think over.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited November 2022
    FWIW I liked both versions.

What the new version has going for it, is a lot of genuine storytelling about the relationship between a mom and her grown daughter. My mom has been through some things, and I truly treasure my relationship with her. And I'm closer to having a grown daughter than I care to admit most of the time. I recognized a lot of really true and lovely stuff in your new Izabella story.

I'm sorry if my story's chapter having to do with assault (or just really poor communication, depending on how you look at it) prompted you to take yours in a direction that ultimately didn't fit.

gen3-banner.png
    edited November 2022
    Thank you @mightysprite. I'm happy that you felt a connection to her, I was really trying to make her relatable. The more I thought about it I wanted her to also be a character that people would feel the same level of connection to as the main cast.

You're absolutely fine and there is no need to apologize. That was a risky storyline for this environment and I was walking a tightrope without a net. Honestly trying to do those kinds of stories just isn't me. It was an interesting thought taking on sensitive topics, but I made the choice to try it because I believed I was becoming repetitive with my storytelling. While I had time on my hands and I looked back I realized I was trying to solve a problem that didn't really exist and went about it in a clumsy way. I came out of the experience with all sorts of ideas that will spice things up and not get me in trouble.
    I'm ready to head back to Tartosa and resume the story. I was just thinking, since late August when I started work on Danielle and Londyn's wedding and honeymoon and then straight into Matteo proposing to liberty the main save has barely budged. The wedding and the proposal were all done in one of the backup saves, for different reasons. The honeymoon was shot partially in the main save and the same backup as the wedding. In that time the main save has only moved forward 4 sim days. I'm kind of surprised at that fact. Danielle, Londyn, Matteo, and Liberty have hogged the spotlight, for good reason, but it's time to move on to other storylines. Let me think...who's ready to step into the spotlight...oh, yeah...
    wOPIEIL.png
    QvXPDjS.png

Even though the story hasn't advanced that much, Summer and Darian had been a serious couple for a little while before everything became about the other couples. I haven't really spent much time with them since Darian took Summer to the veranda behind Celebrazioni. There will be other storylines included in the next episode, but my heart is telling me it's time to focus on Summer and Darian for a little while and see what they're up to. Especially after Summer revealed to the group that she and Darian head over the bridge to La Cucina Toscana frequently to get into an extra flirty mood.
    FZY6m1g.png
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited November 2022
    Hi @DaniRose2143,

It's great to see you back! I read both versions of your Izabella story, and Z read the second one, too. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the new version more.

I can completely relate to the ability to tell one kind of story. I know I can't write dark and edgy very well. Those moods are so far removed from my own life experiences that I have to stretch my imagination a long, long way to tell those kinds of stories. So, I'm unabashedly a writer of stories that turn out happy in the end...and have very few real tragedies along the way. I do wholesome much better. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    Thank you very much @MoonlightGraham. I know some readers liked both versions, but I'm much happier and more proud of this one because, its like you said, this version is more true to who I am as a writer and to what the story is about. Londyn's broken relationship with her parents over her sexual orientation and their reconciliation is the kind of edgy theme I can do. What I tried with Izabella was outside of my comfort zone and best left to somebody who is better with those kinds of themes.
    edited November 2022
    Thank you very much @MoonlightGraham. I know some readers liked both versions, but I'm much happier and more proud of this one because, its like you said, this version is more true to who I am as a writer and to what the story is about. Londyn's broken relationship with her parents over her sexual orientation and their reconciliation is the kind of edgy theme I can do. What I tried with Izabella was outside of my comfort zone and best left to somebody who is better with those kinds of themes.

Stick to what resonates within you. Be true to yourself.

As for you pursuing the Darian and Summer storyline, I look forward to seeing what comes of it. :)
    @GalacticGal Thank you. I'm sticking to what works for the story from now on. I think this might also be a good time to meet Matteo's sister Allegra. I know @luciusstorm in particular is looking forward to seeing her debut. I'm still working up a backstory for her, but I won't need to have it done to bring her in.
    edited November 2022
    I need to do a better job of vetting lots before I start moving characters in. When I brought Darian into the story I placed him in a lot I had set aside for a fringe character. I looked it over and thought it would make a great home for him. And it worked when it was just him. Now that Summer has moved in and I'm spending more time in there all the flaws I missed earlier are showing up. I've been looking and I don't think Darian's house has appeared in the story itself. It's been in several teasers, but that's it. So I've spent the evening vetting a new one. I really like it and it only needs two small alterations and a small bit of redecorating which shouldn't take very long to do. I love the layout, nice sized rooms. Here are a couple of exterior shots. I'll show off the interior when we get into the next episode.

Front
    qz5Zrp8.png?1

Rear
    lFKKQON.png

Another nice feature, that is a 40x30 lot, but a 30x30 house, so I have some room to expand and do some landscaping over time in the backyard.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top