Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are puddings ugly?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    No
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I've grown rather fond of the puddings over the years. They're not always beautiful, but can be, not always ugly, but can also be that. They'll always hold a special place in my heart :D

@duhboy2u2 Me too. I do like finding the ones the game has done a disservice and giving them decent clothes and hairs in CAS. :)

@Cororon Thanks, lots of cc does the trick. :)
    Pary wrote: »
    I find puddings endearing in their puddingly goodness <3

@Pary puddingly goodness is now part of my vocabulary :love:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    No
    I find puddings cute. When dressed up in cc. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    No
    @Mikezumi As the Master of sliders I would expect nothing less from you. :wink:

@Nikkei_Simmer Mayumi looks a bit like Judy Bunch!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited October 2022
    No
    @ZeeGee - Judy Bunch has a much better demeanor. :D
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    I like my pudding :wink:n7ZTRtc.jpg
    That "pudding" looks <3 scrumptious. <3
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    No
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Well your sim, while not a pudding, is adorable!
  • Options
    No
    Pudding reminds me of the average Joe. They're the plain Jane's and John's of the Sims world. Not everyone has distinct features. After all, there's only so many variations in facial features our genes allow before we get repeats. :wink:

In a way, Pudding sims are kinda realistic. Plus, it allows my own Sims to stand out. It's like movies, TV shows, and other video games where background characters/npc are unremarkable in appearance compared to the main cast and important characters.

@MantleJackal I like this philosophy!
  • Options
    No
    Another pretty pudding

1hItdah.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    No
    Okay there is this one thing on pudding sims that makes them creepy instead of boring: the perma-smile curve of their lips lol.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    No
    @Emily4331 I'm with you there, Emichan! :D One of the first things I do when making sims is make sure the mouth corners are NEVER up! Another thing that gets me is the dead eyes. I know there are real people who have the same dead eyes (I look at all people in sim terms since I started playing :p ) but that can be rectified to a degree with makeup. Still, I stand by my "no" answer because they really aren't ugly, just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    No
    When it comes to 'pudding faced sims', I would imagine zero slider sims to be the easiest 3d humanoid configuration for most pc's to handle in mass. I also imagine the slight smile on thier face was put there to make the sims appear more 'friendly or likable', by their designers.

And, I don't think I have ever seen a 'dead-eyed' sim, at least not from a design perspective. While I have seen sims with 'dead-eyes' it has usually been in someone's game where the sims are so restricted, they are literally trapped and bored, thus these emotions show on their faces.

Since I am mainly an algorithm gal and queen of the 'sim remake', I don't really see a sims appearance beyond negatively coded physical features which are designed to have an unpleasant effect on their development. For me, I care more about what sims do than what they look like. So, Zeros sims are perfectly acceptable to me.
  • Options
    CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    No
    > @MantleJackal said:
    > Pudding reminds me of the average Joe. They're the plain Jane's and John's of the Sims world. Not everyone has distinct features. After all, there's only so many variations in facial features our genes allow before we get repeats. :wink:
    >
    > In a way, Pudding sims are kinda realistic. Plus, it allows my own Sims to stand out. It's like movies, TV shows, and other video games where background characters/npc are unremarkable in appearance compared to the main cast and important characters.

Pretty much this.
    I think pudding sims are not ugly but indeed, they are boring as they dont have ugly nor stand out feature. I tend to like "medium ugly" sims; with some flaws and stand out characteristic features. Perfection is boring, its flaws that make us beautifull.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Not necessarily, no. I have to say though that i grew to hate the face of the pudding sims the game spawns. You have them as service sims. You have them moving in as neighbors if you have story progression enabled. You have them as your tuned into a human imaginary friend. You find them in every place and space! I thought they were kinda cute when i first started playing, but i have had enough of their face now after all this time. This might seem extreme, but now i am feeling enticed and incited to go out of my way to make sure they don't cross paths with my sims XD
  • Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    No
    I voted "no" because the randomly generated sims are not ugly, but boring as they all have the same face. It would have been better had EA added a patch that would randomize their faces. When Create a Household is open there is a button that randomizes facial features. It's unfortunate that EA had not implemented that button into random sim generation, then all generated sims would not become "pudding" with no special character.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited October 2022
    No
    Hmm, a question dear to my heart. No, pudding sims aren't ugly. However, that doesn't change anything about the point I consider them to be a blight on the game. Let me elaborate.

When I started with Sims3 just a few years ago, I was playing completely without mods and with EA Story Progression on, just to get a feel for the game as it is (and I didn't know any better :wink: ). EA SP did what it usually does: sims die from accidents, sims "move out of town" (get deleted by the game), new sims move in, so you get an ever changing population. When I looked at these newcomers, I thought they actually looked pretty good, compared to some of the locals (I also played Twinbrook :lol: ). My sim became friends with some of these new residents. After a while, it happened that my sim thought he was talking to one of his friends, just to find out it was a complete stranger that just looked like one of his friends. I investigated, and despite having different hair styles or colors, eyebrows or weight, something looked off. At that time, Mikezumi pointed out the obvious to me: I looked into the exact same face with any of the newly generated sims in town. And that was just creepy. First thing I did was stop EA SP in order to not end up with a town of identical clones.

When the town started getting full, I purged all residents that were either not the original SV sims and their offspring or had some close relationship to my sim. The latter group got edited and provided with some proper genetics in order to make them individuals. There are still enough pudding faces around, like the taxi or school bus drivers, and nowadays, I let NRaas SP take care of most of the service and role sims to make them have their own face and not one they share with hundreds of other sims in town.

I think I read somewhere that this is a game bug that has never been fixed. Sims were supposed to have a random mix of the presets, not just always the same preset. Obviously, that never happened, for whatever reason. Anyway, it's an issue that can be fixed, even though it takes a bit of effort. And it's fun to fix it :smile: .
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Yes
    A CC edited, and slightly slider pushed, pudding busdriver in Midnight Hollow:

tgw01-27-16.jpg?w=660&zoom=2
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    No
    I find most sims don't get affected too terribly by it any way (but maybe that's just because I normally only get to 4ish generations.) and if I do run across a townie who has a puddingfied face I will go into cas and make some adjustments. But even then I don't mind my pudding sims
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    No
    octotiger wrote: »
    I voted "no" because the randomly generated sims are not ugly, but boring as they all have the same face. It would have been better had EA added a patch that would randomize their faces. When Create a Household is open there is a button that randomizes facial features. It's unfortunate that EA had not implemented that button into random sim generation, then all generated sims would not become "pudding" with no special character.

There is a mod called "Random Sim Fixes" on MTS that fixes that.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Other
    I've waited 13 years for the community to come to a consensus on what "pudding" is and no one's delivered so here I am.

Though I would personally drown every zero-slider sim if I could and sims with only some zero-slider features are on thin ice (that's most of Sunset Valley) Sims that are only presets are in the same place. The in-game sliders are really good and easy to learn.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    No
    octotiger wrote: »

There is a mod called "Random Sim Fixes" on MTS that fixes that.

I'll have to look at that. I haven't gotten around to adding mods to my game yet, but that sounds good. Thank you.