March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    Thanks for all your comments, as always they are very much appreciated! I would have answered quicker, but I've been busy with a work journey for the first half of the week.

Anyway, somehow today I managed to put together the next chapter, so chapter 4.7 is here! (link)

Time is passing quickly for the Millers, but it's almost time to insert again some more substantial plot elements into the story soon enough...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Woop woop chapter time!
    I love that after all that worrying Nick was broody, but for a dog XD LOOK AT SAMMY HE'S SO ADORABLE! Oh my gosh, did Luke actually get a ball of clay in-game as well? XD I like the opposites of Venus and Cassy, one extroverted, one seemingly more introverted like Luke is. I would die for Sammy! I feel like dogs are a bit too energetic for Luke though, at least with cats they give him a bit of space : P

I'm glad that they got to go to Sixam, and properly explore their roots and live out the stories that were told to them as a child. So sweet < 3
    they/them or she/her
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited October 2022
    I agree with the comments about Sammy’s epic levels of cuteness and sweetness. Nice navigation of the traits.
    Awesome family times, nice for the Millers. o:)
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Caught up with generation 3!
    Man, what a ride. I think gen 3 is my favourite generation out of them all so far. I loved how you incorporated the strangerville expansion pack into the overarching story and how it all ended in a new Sixam on earth! Orion, Leo and Claire played an instrumental role in making all of it possible, too. Luke having to say goodbye to his girlfriend was really heartbreaking, though. Hopefully they'll see each other again at some point, or he'll find someone else that he can share his life with.
    I'm excited to see what you'll make of generation 4! 😁
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited October 2022
    Thanks again for your comments!

@SnowBnuuy @NRowe
    Sammy reminds me a lot of a dog I knew in real life, as a kid I remember I was often walking or biking to the other side of my village just to play with her, she was so cute! So, just as for Nacho, the very moment I saw Sammy I said: "I want him in my Legacy NOW" XD

@_sims_Yimi
    Wow, you really are a rapid reader! Generation 3 was definitively a rollercoaster for the poor Miller family, it was one challenge after another...
    The Strangerville part was one of my favourites as well, just like any other part where Orion was basically the protagonist (I miss him so much now...)
    Founding New Sixam was definitively another huge change as well. Sometimes I think to be even too cruel with the Sixamians in this save, but then I remember that I have to find new plot ideas up to generation 10 and so I need these kinds of huge turning points which will influence the story for a long time to come.

Generation 4 will be Luke's turn to shine! He already went through a lot, what else could I have in store for him? Who knows...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @HermioneSims
    Haha, I have a week off from work and next to no responsibilities to tend to, so I figured now was the perfect time to try and get caught up 😊 once the week is over it'll slow down to a crawl again, lol. Make use of the time you have and all 😁 I look forward to seeing what kind of story Luke will end up telling! He's already had an eventful childhood, that's for sure.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Chapter 4.8 is out! (Link) :)
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    The twins are great ☺ and oh boy, doggie drama!
    gen3-banner.png
    Thanks! :)

I'm being a bit slower these weeks, but here it is chapter 4.9! (link).

Life in New Sixam has been calm up to now, even too calm, maybe...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Just dropping in to say, although I am still catching up, I am really absorbed in your story. I just finished Season Three. Final few chapters made me so sad for your characters! I love how different characters have reacted differently to what is going on. I am very interested to see what happens in Season Four.

I loved the two side stories you wrote for Silas and Orion. I think those two have been a couple of my favorite characters so far.

And the way you tied the police investigation and the Strangerville storyline together was great! This whole season was fantastic.

I'll try to get all the way caught up soon so I can comment on new chapters! :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Thanks a lot @GlacierSnow!

Season 4 will definitively be very different from the previous one, for a lot of reasons. But I admit that the protagonists of generation 3 were among my favourite ones of the whole Legacy*, Orion in particular. I miss him so much now, so much that sometimes I still return back to a backup of that part to let him freeze some octoidiots again XD

*(with the actual gameplay I'm way ahead, close to the end of the Legacy)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    edited October 2022
    Letting go of old favorite sims must be the hard part of playing and writing legacy style. I've always played (and created stories) with aging turned off, just retroactively creating backstory for certain characters if needed. It's interesting reading your story and watching the generations change. You do a great job with each one.

Edit update to say - I just caught up to the current chapter. Very cool new twist you've got going.
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited October 2022
    Thanks again!

Meanwhile, here it is chapter 4.10! (link)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Sorry my head is a little foggy right now, I haven't read all the new chapters yet but
    EEEE new puppy! : 3 I like that Venus and Cassy have Luke's curiosity and thirst for knowledge. Ohh, so now people are being sent to spy on New Sixam? : O And the crashed plane...
    they/them or she/her
    That was a fun chapter!

Cassy and Venus look great with their new hairdos. Luke sure has a problem with aliens wearing hair. Lol. Maybe it's because he doesn't know how to do it...? :wink:

The crashed plane and the other alien investigating are intriguing . Wonder what's going on there...

I love the ghost of Nacho hanging around. Super-cute picture on the robo-cleaner. :love:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Just read 4.10!
    I notice the possible-spy has the little bugged white ring beepy thing on...Ohh cuz Misty bugged her, smart move ; ) Good to see Aunt Lyra sharing tips with Cassy and Venus! Interesting that instead of going for cheer they've gone with basketball. Come on Luke, you're just jealous because you're bald! : P
    they/them or she/her
    lol @SnowBnuuy XD
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Come on Luke, you're just jealous because you're bald! : P

gen3-banner.png
    lol @SnowBnuuy XD
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Come on Luke, you're just jealous because you're bald! : P

:lol: That's what I think too.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Poor and bald Luke XD He most reminded me of a couple of dads I knew when they first saw their daughters dressing up and wearing make-up, it seems to be quite common around my place... However, let's see how this hairstyle drama will continue, then XD

Meanwhile, chapter 4.11 is out! (link).
    I'm noticing now that this generation is going to be a bit shorter than the previous ones, it is supposed to be ending in 2-3 chapters. What could still be happening now though...

2if86miljyb3.png
    Always happy to see a new chapter!

:joy: Luke cleaning the library after his book reading!

I enjoy seeing what the ghosts of the pets are up to from time to time. Taz growling at "nothing" was funny. If dogs can see ghosts, that would honestly explain the behavior of a lot of the dogs in my neighborhood.

Interesting development with Misty's investigation of the fake soldiers and the crashed airplane. I feel sorry for her, getting demoted. Sounds like some serious security issues now.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Thanks!

Meanwhile, somehow I managed to finish preparing the following update, chapter 4.12! (link)

This was actually supposed to be half of a longer chapter, but I though it would have been funnier to leave some more suspense...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    edited November 2022
    Just read it!

Ohhh, I feel so sorry for Cassy not getting any scholarships. That is such a disappointment for her.

And... Misty and Luke scheming to use the old portal device to get out of New Sixam :open_mouth:

This story is so much fun to read. I love all your alien family members.

___
    edit - fixed distracted typo that changed the sentence meaning :lol:
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Ooh new chapters!
    Ah yes, taking all the alien tech and then not even allowing them on the ground the humans 'own'. Sounds very human indeed. 'We'll take your tech and then use it against you.' Sixamians could probably cover the whole galaxy if they wanted but can't even explore Earth as they please. Ahh no at Misty getting demoted ;-; I love the idea of aliens wanting to be astronauts so much. Nooo at Cassy not getting any scholarships!
    they/them or she/her
    edited November 2022
    Thanks a lot for your comments!

Meanwhile, I've just finished preparing chapter 4.13 (here the link)!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Aww I knew Luke was my favorite. Look at him go!
    this line is the best
    "I think that the trigger of fear is often attributable to simple ignorance"
    so true <3
    gen3-banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top