Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Para-lives Or Sims 5?

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @Tziva you have more perspective than I have.
    I don't know anything about the game industry in particular, but what I am familiar with @simmerorigin is the experience of being on a new team, or in a new organization, trying to put together a complicated project for the first time. It's really hard. And if fundraising is part of the picture then there's inherent pressure to try to make things look nice and put-together for the sake of continuing to attract fundraising money, even if you're scrambling behind the scenes.
    gen3-banner.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2022
    Paralives is probably going to end up similar to how Wasteland 2 and Phoenix Point ended up. Those were games that promised a return to the old turn-based action style from games like XCOM and Fallout and ended up delivering it but not with the same budget as those games.

They instead delivered a smaller and different experience and also inspired other game developers to look into the genre of turn-based action games.

Paralives is probably going to end up the same way and deliver something different compared to the Sims and I also hope that it will inspire other game developers to look into making life simulators.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited October 2022
    I've been a patron for almost 3 years. I read their updates every Friday. I can say with each week that passes, my confidence grows.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I fear that Sims 5 will more or less crush Paralives if they get thir version out first
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Is it true that Sims 5 is stealing from Paralives?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    What was shown in the summit is too early to tell. They do have similar features but the UI will be different. There are some things that Paralives will do better and Sims 5 will be better in. Honestly, I look forward to playing both games. Just remember if you are basing it off of how it looks Project Rene will change over the next few years. Again what was shown is still super early and what I saw looked more like placeholder items for testing the new features. I look for it to have better graphic quality than Paralives because it is a title game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Thank you for answering my question. I didn't want to accuse unjustly. I'm glad that they are being fair to other gaming companies. ;)
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2022
    I feel like the base game of Paralives will be better than the base game of The Sims 5, but I think that The Sims 5 expansion packs/additional content will be better than those of Paralives. Either way, I’m excited for both. :)
  • trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2022
    I think the competition will be good for both games. The Sims existed in a space with no competition. So, for gamers who want to play this game they buy it despite their disappointment with the bugs or game play. With the competition it will make EA up its game.

Both games leave the faith community out, so we can't truly "play with life" - so it will be interesting if EA addresses that community in the future with a Game Pack.

Also - um, what? I love the water and this image of boat life in Paralives is compelling:
    Website2Square.png?format=1000w
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    trogame wrote: »
    I think the competition will be good for both games. The Sims existed in a space with no competition. So, for gamers who want to play this game they buy it despite their disappointment with the bugs or game play. With the competition it will make EA up its game.

Both games leave the faith community out, so we can't truly "play with life" - so it will be interesting if EA addresses that community in the future with a Game Pack.

Well I have to put my two cents in but it's kind of impossible to included all religions in the game.. I mean we have the three Abrhamic relgions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam), you have Hinduism, you have Confucianism. some Greek people still worship the Old Greek Deities or at leas they did sometime in the 1970s, Buddhism, Sikhism, Shinto.

Someone's going to be left out and if they tried to make up their own religion people will say "It's like X or Y Religion"

But I have to point out with Paralives that they're planning to including objects connected to religion but not religion itself.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    And don't overlook Vivaland, and also Rod Humble is making a game for Paradox that he seems to be hinting might be a life sim like this genre.
    edited October 2022
    IngeJones wrote: »
    And don't overlook Vivaland, and also Rod Humble is making a game for Paradox that he seems to be hinting might be a life sim like this genre.

Yes, dicussion thread of Humble's Paradox Tectonic is here.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I don't know I might give paralives a chance but it looks like the game where you have to pay more money to get this and that and to have energy wait two hours real to play again. Sims 5 hopefully it's not like Sims 4 that's all I ask lol.
    edited October 2022
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I don't know I might give paralives a chance but it looks like the game where you have to pay more money to get this and that and to have energy wait two hours real to play again. Sims 5 hopefully it's not like Sims 4 that's all I ask lol.

Paralives will have very few Paid DLC and a lot more (free) updates. And there will be no microtransactions in the game and no engery bar except for the something similar to what we already have in the Sims (NOT something like in Hogwarts Legacy or other mobile games).

Please do your research people before making assumptions!
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited October 2022
    MadameLee wrote: »

Paralives will have very few Paid DLC and a lot more (free) updates. And there will be no microtransactions in the game and no engery bar except for the something similar to what we already have in the Sims (NOT something like in Hogwarts Legacy or other mobile games).

Madamelee has like 30k+ posts in the discord. She's very active and knowledgeable about all things Paralives :smile:
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    @Briana2425 and the only reason there hasn't been much game play is they only started 10 months ago (Jan) in the game play. But there been posts on Paralives discord and on the Paralives Facebook page. Today it was "dancing bugs" with Sebby and Maggie (first two paras)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    So long as Sims 5 is an online version of the game, I'll stick with Sims4. I haven't yet learned enough about Paralives to even know what caliber game it is in comparison. To my knowledge, it's still in development.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

I was just going by based on the graphics I've seen to me it looks like a microtransactions game I'm not talking bad about it just that the anesthetic that I saw.
    @Briana2425 and the only reason there hasn't been much game play is they only started 10 months ago (Jan) in the game play. But there been posts on Paralives discord and on the Paralives Facebook page. Today it was "dancing bugs" with Sebby and Maggie (first two paras)

@MadameLee Where did you see me even talk about gameplay about paralives??? I was taking about the Sims 5 hopefully it not like Sims 4 in regards to gameplay.
    So long as Sims 5 is an online version of the game, I'll stick with Sims4. I haven't yet learned enough about Paralives to even know what caliber game it is in comparison. To my knowledge, it's still in development.

It's a life sim. We are going to be having Open world, seasons and, Cats, dogs and Horses in BG.
    No supernatural states/creatures at start but might come later
    there's going to objects tied to faith but not faith itself
    few Paid DLCs but mostly free content updates
    going to be a colour wheel.

para maker was originally suppose to be a push and pull system like Sims 4 but do to a Patent it got changed to a Diagram idea instead
    there's three. five known parafoks (what Paras are called)- Maggie Vaghuan (only one with a last name), confirmed gay Sebastian and his adopted son Eli, and Marvin, who we had no background about.
    there's going to be heights in Paralives

Money is called Paradimes.
    size measurements can be in bananas as well as metric/imperial?
    babies wouldn't be objects
    single player and only online interactions are Steam workshop for Mods, and whatever is the Steam version of the Gallery-but mostly an off-line game

it's going to run on low-end computers as well as high end computers

they're only started working on gameplay stuff 10 months ago (Jan) they would have started early but like I said earlier- they had to backtrack the Paramaker (PAM) for last year

They went from this:
    1ie9ql2t4tpo.jpg

to this:

4dvtjlggcov8.png

and then paras went from this (file below):

bi4beifon8st.gif

to this:
    q9iwlepzy5al.png

6adMCGP.gif

@MadameLee Where did you see me even talk about gameplay about paralives??? I was taking about the Sims 5 hopefully it not like Sims 4 in regards to gameplay.

sorry I thought you meant Paralives!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    I suspect Paralives will be more up my alley. I do worry about people crushing it with heavy expectations, but ultimately I think the love and care that's going into it is more than EA is capable of at this point. Sure, there may be some people on the Sims team that genuinely care about players, but at the end of the day, bugs, shallow gameplay, and cash-grabbiness seem to prevail. I will say that I don't care for the Paralives art style, but if the gameplay is good, that hopefully won't matter too much. Personally, I prefer a style that meshes well with the alpha CC look, which is one of the reasons I love Sims 3. Speaking of Sims 3, it would take a lot for paralives or Sims 5 to dethrone it in my book, but we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    trogame wrote: »

i don't think it's possible for them to include religion without upsetting people. they'd inevitably end up offending at least a few religious groups, not to mention non-religious players/potential players. there is no singular "faith community." even the most popular religion among their customers, christianity, has hundreds of denominations. it's too complicated.

It's a life sim. We are going to be having Open world, seasons and, Cats, dogs and Horses in BG.
    No supernatural states/creatures at start but might come later
    there's going to objects tied to faith but not faith itself
    few Paid DLCs but mostly free content updates
    going to be a colour wheel.

para maker was originally suppose to be a push and pull system like Sims 4 but do to a Patent it got changed to a Diagram idea instead
    there's three. five known parafoks (what Paras are called)- Maggie Vaghuan (only one with a last name), confirmed gay Sebastian and his adopted son Eli, and Marvin, who we had no background about.
    there's going to be heights in Paralives

Money is called Paradimes.
    size measurements can be in bananas as well as metric/imperial?
    babies wouldn't be objects
    single player and only online interactions are Steam workshop for Mods, and whatever is the Steam version of the Gallery-but mostly an off-line game

it's going to run on low-end computers as well as high end computers

they're only started working on gameplay stuff 10 months ago (Jan) they would have started early but like I said earlier- they had to backtrack the Paramaker (PAM) for last year

They went from this:
    1ie9ql2t4tpo.jpg

to this:

4dvtjlggcov8.png

and then paras went from this (file below):

bi4beifon8st.gif

to this:
    q9iwlepzy5al.png

Also animations are procedurally generated, so paras of all heights and ages can perform them. Very exciting development.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Paralives looks so ugly. So I guess Sims 5. If I don't like either, I'll continue to play TS3/4.