Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is something wrong with this scenario, or I am doing something wrong?

Hi all.
I've been doing a scenario "Explore the Night" for huge amount of time and I can't complete it.
The question is if I am doing something wrong?

I am rotational player, so I left "my sim" to play another households. When I've got back to him, days passed and still nothing happened.
Then I just focused on this particular sim. Because I guessed there is a problem.
It's two weeks in game now and I can't accomplish goal for stay awake for 5 days. It never checks.. I tried everything. I am sure my sim never slept. The problem is I can't play sims for coupple of hours and I just have to save and quit game to progress another day. Is it possible that progress resets on every save load?
Also I can't befriend a ghost, because I never kill sims and I have no graves. Is it a way to see a ghost when you didn't kill somebody? I tried this haunted house (this one with a maze)) in Windenburg, but no luck. I feel I still am doing something wrong.
Help please because I want to finish this scenario badly.
    The Sages appreciation club
RcdS04K.jpg

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    You can add the Haunted lot trait. That will add a chance for a ghost to show up every night. I waited quite a long time, but didn't see any. Or you can do what I did, find Felix Psyded (if you have University), one of the sims who, I dunno, is supposed to be a Uni professor or something. Become fast friends with him, so you can ask him to join your household. Easier to max out friendship that way. You can always kick him out after. He doesn't mind :)

Its been a while since I did this scenario, and don't quite remember if the "stay awake 5 days" is bugged or not. I might, or not, have cheated that goal, since my sim was very much awake for many more days than 5.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2022
    I've tried with Haunted lot trait, still no luck. No ghost shows up...
    The biggest problem is with this stay awake for 5 days, because I cannot accomplish this.
    For the ghost, I can kill another sim, but I have avoided it for a long time, because my save file is precious and I didn't kill anyone before. I did makeover to every townie and I am fond of them.
    How can I find this Psyded guy? I have DU, but I am not a student for now.
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    I've tried with Haunted lot trait, still no luck. No ghost shows up...
    The biggest problem is with this stay awake for 5 days, because I cannot accomplish this.
    For the ghost, I can kill another sim, but I have avoided it for a long time, because my save file is precious and I didn't kill anyone before. I did makeover to every townie and I am fond of them.
    How can I find this Psyded guy? I have DU, but I am not a student for now.

The best way I've found ghosts is by going to a bar on ghost night (Wednesdays). I don't think the bar in the Discover University brings ghosts for some reason. Best to try a bar in another world. I've seen Psyded in Sulani, so he's not restricted to his pack world.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    You could add a ghost from the gallery and move it into a house (and rescurrect it with Ambrosia after the objective is fulfilled).
    Diassa, that's my exerience with the Haunted trait too. I've had a think about it, and I believe Psyded showed up eventually because of the lot trait, since he's one of the very few ghosts in my game. Its been a while since I did this scenario, and I am quite forgetful, sorry! The trait worked, but it seemed to take forever for a ghost to show up. I was expecting a bit more "action", really.

I also never kill my sims, and do what I can to prevent townies/premades from dying too. I've had, as far as I know, 2 deaths during the (almost) 6 years I've played. Both of them were brought back to life.

Next time I feel like doing this scenario, I'll do what CaprianaB suggests. I just have to turn those bar nights on again in MCCC :D

OR I'll do what Enki said. Knowing me, I'll forget to turn certain bar nights off again, so it seems like getting a sim/ghost from gallery is the better solution for my scatterbrained self :) (I also used Ambrosia for Felix after I moved him in, he's a lovely sim, really)
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I haven't been able to get the "stay awake for 5 days" goal to check off, either.
    I just checked AHQ, and the issue was first reported here in July. Not many have chimed in so far.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Diassa If you have Get Together, you can hang around at the Von Haunt Estate and you'll see Mimsy and Bernard before too long.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I just checked AHQ, and the issue was first reported here in July. Not many have chimed in so far.

Wow, I just assumed I am the only one with this issue. Something is wrong. I just hit "Me Too" button.
    @Diassa If you have Get Together, you can hang around at the Von Haunt Estate and you'll see Mimsy and Bernard before too long.

That what I was talking about. I have been there, spent some time (maybe a day?), no ghosts :(
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    @Diassa Hmm maybe try staying there overnight?