Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would you play rene as a subscribtion ?

they were talking about doing this
more for sim kids and more drama please

would you play rene as a subscribtion ? 291 votes

yes
4%
iskender299bluelighting2011simonePaulmarch76rjssimprofessorlilithColton147147CattyBetsyTTNsimmerWispyeJustinB113Lixy_170Diamondback7TC 13 votes
no
95%
crocobauraBluegayleCK213Frn0731nickibitswardEvvieSimmercatmom1987GoldmoldaricmnfrshSimsprocfunwindweaverJagAcura03BreeSashaRayneCharleySara1010PMstybl95MRoss18451GalacticGalPiazzagirl1015lori171957 278 votes

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited November 2022
    no
    There was a similar poll in 2021 (but wasn't specifically for "Project Rene or TS5"). which I already voted in.

Based upon those votes, out of 296 votes, 88% stated "No".

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986382/subscription-services-in-the-sims-yes-or-no/p1
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    I mean... I don't know?

- Endless small chopped up & incomplete DLCs like things are now, then yes sub would be cheaper for me (only because I don't play all year).
    - COMPLETE DLCS, then I'd rather they stay buy to play.

Either way, IF the content has quality and soul behind them again, I'm paying no matter what the business model is.
    If its a dress up & build game only, then pass.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    no
    Uaexep wrote: »
    I mean... I don't know?

- Endless small chopped up & incomplete DLCs like things are now, then yes sub would be cheaper for me (only because I don't play all year).
    - COMPLETE DLCS, then I'd rather they stay buy to play.

Either way, IF the content has quality and soul behind them again, I'm paying no matter what the business model is.
    If its a dress up & build game only, then pass.

Wouldn't your account and all game progress get deleted when you cancel your subscription? The way things are now, you can pick up wherever you left even if you play intermittently. I imagine a subscription service might interest people with plenty of time to play daily or at least regularly and maybe not that much disposable income to buy all packs.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Hmmm.. I do think it is a good thing they have been adding new content to base game as of late, however ts4 launched as a very incomplete game. I know they have made the game free now, but the new additional content was needed to justifiy the price tag, or even label TS4 a decent game.

If game packs and expansions packs were included in a subscription service then maybe.. But TS4 is like 7/8 years old, imagine paying a subscription fee that long! And what happens if you cancel your subscription fee, or subscribe 4 years down the line? How would they fairly distribute content for all players, as they’ve been known to give content away for free that once players had to pay for.. I dunno..

I think with TS4 they’ve been asking for more and more money with less and less value dlc. It would come off as greedy if they wanna try and milk even more money from their fan base imo.. How about we go for quality above all else, and a game that isn’t riddled with bugs 👀
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    no
    this is
    There was a similar poll in 2021 (but wasn't specifically for "Project Rene or TS5"). which I already voted in.

Based upon those votes, out of 296 votes, 88% stated "No".

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986382/subscription-services-in-the-sims-yes-or-no/p1

this is a little different though there thinking about doing it we need to be clear still no @Chicklet453681
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    no
    I know this will sound odd but I already have a subscription for an mmo and two Streaming Services. Because of my budget and family harmony these are the only subscriptions I have and would never replace.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2022
    no
    don't think im really looking forward to playing it at all tbh

but even less so if its monthly subscription or something because i hate that kind of stuff i am not getting myself more "bills" in any shape or form if i can avoid it

and i hate when i have to subscribe to something for like month and then i only really have time to use it for 2 days worth or something cause life

also I have until now only used what i get as christmas or bday gift on my entertainment purchases so I just know that would not cover whole year subscription of any kind without sacrificing all other types of entertainment i might use it on

at least with packs you get to choose when you use money and on what

not to even talk of when game is bugged just when you happen to subscribe it would be biggest bummer on earth
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    no
    No.

I prefer to buy my games once and forget it. I admit, I just got charged $10 because I thought my free trial of Xbox Game Pass ended on Nov. 8, and I only subscribed to try out the current Microsoft Flight Simulator and Farming Simulator 2022 before I bought them. That was the ONLY time I'll do it; as they were about $100 together.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no
    my answer is also no i do not went to pay extra for a subcription for sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    no
    Paying a subscription feels to much like renting the game rather than owning it. As it is now, I can play what I have purchased whenever I want without paying another dime, a monthly fee to play what I have already purchased isn't attractive to me.
  • femalegamerxofemalegamerxo Posts: 57 Member
    no
    I voted no because it depends on what ea are giving us for this supposed 'project rene'
    no
    I voted no because it depends on what ea are giving us for this supposed 'project rene'

even if its good still no from me
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2022
    no
    Definitely not

I would most likely abandon The Sims 5 and move on to Paralives and Sims 3 if Sims 5 has a subscription model instead of expansion packs.
    a256aFi.gif
    no
    Another reason it would be bad if it happened is no mods or cc
    and it would most likely have no caw ether .
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    no
    If they do this; sims 5 will most likely flop...
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
    no
    If they do this; sims 5 will most likely flop...

most likely I know there are some mmorpg where that works out but the sims does not lend its self to that kind of game play well
    for one thing sims are way more personal then characters you play in mmorpgs .
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    no
    Absolutely not I don't need a game as a monthly bill if a monthly subscription is forced I'm done and will wait for Paralives if it's not out at that time.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Technically that service already exists, it all depends on the implementation.

I currently pay for an EA Play basic membership, meaning that I can play a selection of EA games for 30 quid a year and get a 10% discount on content that I want to own. It works out for me personally, because annually I would play 2 or 3 vault games with price tags of around 30 quid each. I don’t need to own those games once I’ve played them through.
    As far as I’m aware The Sims 4 Basegame has always been part of that subscription service, or at least for a while -until it was available for free for all- so it’s nothing new.

I can only imagine that -being an EA title- Project Rene aka “Sims 5” will be part of that same service, that is, as long as EA doesn’t change
    its current subscription plans, which are also available on Steam by the way (for EA games only).
    I believe that one of the premium plans includes access to DLC - someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I would hope that customers will have a choice to either pay for one of those subscription plans or just buy and own the game, the way it has always been. Not sure how this with works with a live service / cross platform life simulator- nothing should change there, really - but perhaps this is where things will be different? We’ll just have to wait and see. 🤷🏻‍♂️

no

I currently pay for an EA Play basic membership, meaning that I can play a selection of EA games for 30 quid a year and get a 10% discount on content that I want to own. It works out for me personally, because annually I would play 2 or 3 vault games with price tags of around 30 quid each. I don’t need to own those games once I’ve played them through.
    As far as I’m aware The Sims 4 Basegame has always been part of that subscription service, or at least for a while -until it was available for free for all- so it’s nothing new.

I can only imagine that -being an EA title- Project Rene aka “Sims 5” will be part of that same service, that is, as long as EA doesn’t change
    its current subscription plans, which are also available on Steam by the way (for EA games only).
    I believe that one of the premium plans includes access to DLC - someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I would hope that customers will have a choice to either pay for one of those subscription plans or just buy and own the game, the way it has always been. Not sure how this with works with a live service / cross platform life simulator- nothing should change there, really - but perhaps this is where things will be different? We’ll just have to wait and see. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have nothing against ea having a gaming subscription as they do now its a sub just to play sims I don't want to see
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I have nothing against ea having a gaming subscription as they do now its a sub just to play sims I don't want to see
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

Ofcourse, that makes sense and I agree with that. I just don’t see why they would be bothered isolating one game if they already have a system in place. It seems utterly pointless, but then again, a lot of these business decisions seem utterly pointless. To me anyway. Not to 💸 business folk 💸 apparently.

In that case you’d almost expect EA to turn into something like Netflix, IF that’s their goal which is….I dunno….I’m not a businessman. I’m the exact opposite of a businessman. My briefcase would be full of Lego, colouring crayons and breakfast biscuits. By that I mean the European kind of biscuit, that is more like a cookie instead of an odd looking scone with gravy. Carrying gravy in your briefcase would be the opposite of being smart. Don’t do it. I speak from experience. It wasn’t exactly gravy, but…..ah…I digress.
    no

@CAPTAIN_NXR7

Ofcourse, that makes sense and I agree with that. I just don’t see why they would be bothered isolating one game if they already have a system in place. It seems utterly pointless, but then again, a lot of these business decisions seem utterly pointless. To me anyway. Not to 💸 business folk 💸 apparently.

In that case you’d almost expect EA to turn into something like Netflix, IF that’s their goal which is….I dunno….I’m not a businessman. I’m the exact opposite of a businessman. My briefcase would be full of Lego, colouring crayons and breakfast biscuits. By that I mean the European kind of biscuit, that is more like a cookie instead of an odd looking scone with gravy. Carrying gravy in your briefcase would be the opposite of being smart. Don’t do it. I speak from experience. It wasn’t exactly gravy, but…..ah…I digress.

I don't get it ether but I wouldn't put it past them. @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    no
    My issue with a subscription is that I don't care for all of the content in the Sims 4, and I probably won't in Sims 5. I would much rather pick the things I like and buy them outright, than pay a subscription that includes access to a lot of things I'll never use.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    no
    If its done in the same vane as so many Sims projects before it, no. I'd feel pretty bad about paying 100's to a thousand on games and game packs, content packs, stuff packs, etc... then having to pay again to play it. That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that 5/Rene will be an online version of the game; therefore, I probably won't be purchasing any of it anyhow.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    no
    I voted "no" because I am hoping that the next big sims game will not be just an online game, as that gives the player less control. I want to think of the sims games as a way for the player to control an alternate reality of simulated humanity the way they'd imagine, and not strictly how the developers wanted the game to be played.
  • StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    no
    It would be a definite no for me. I have and probably will in the future, spend a lot of money on purchasing packs but I'm not prepared to then pay a subscription fee on top of that.