Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF…

Comments

• momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    > @Dkaffe said:
    > Considering that developement is in these early stages, I think it would be wild to assume too much right away.

I mean people have been assuming things about the sims 5 since the sims 4 base game dropped 8 years ago.

I won't buy Sims 5 if it's too expensive, or at this point the increasingly likely case that I won't have the hardware to run it. I couldn't run Sims 3 on my old computer (and now I have no interest in it), and everything these days seems to want newer hardware that I can't afford.

I also definitely won't buy it if the single player mode is buggy and boring. If it's like various mobile games where you CAN play alone but it takes so long to actually get anything done if you're playing alone that there's no point to it? Will not buy. I don't want to play multiplayer but I won't play a game that NEEDS other people even if it's technically able to be played as single player.

Also won't buy if the sims are ugly as heck. That's the reason I have no interest in Sims 3 even though my computer can run it now.
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want the option to be online or not I also want the option for it to be multiplayer or not like I have a world that to myself and also have a save game a Multiplayer world for friends and other simmers.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    If it doesn't go back to being weird and interesting.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Online only killed Darkspore, a game I loved.

You can guess my feelings about that requirement and how it will be a death knell for the Sims 5 in the distant future. If the Sims 5 has online only, I will not purchase the game.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I wouldn't purchase it if I was forced to play the game with others. I'm only interested in a single player experience.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'd probably not buy it if it doesn't have open world/ story progression.

however...
    I doubt it will be VR. VR kit is expensive, so will cut a lot of potential buyers off.

ChadSims2 wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, Sims 5 will probably a VR, Multiplayer nothing game. :s No thank you very much.
    My next new game is going to be Disney Dreamlight Valley on PC. :p
    No chance that Sims 5 is VR the Sims team knows its fan base and sadly most seem to be on low end pcs or even worse laptops, Sims will never be VR. Now online I'm sure they will toss that in and destroy the game.

I want to play sims 5 in VR, most simmers on here don't care for VR, but doesn't mean that everyone doesn't want VR. If VR gets added; it will be for the VR community and there is plenty of VR fans now days, VR has gotten popular so yea. Would be nice to have some VR simmers playing it.

I think Maxis should apply VR for the VR community at least.

Also Sims 4 has a VR mod, it maybe clunky but it is not perfect and is a mod after all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9YnVsHq8c&t=15s&ab_channel=Disco-VR

and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyfC5JqTDzk&ab_channel=SmashedReality

It's a start, kinda wished Maxis tried VR anyways. :(

OH! I forgot to mention, I also won't buy it if it goes cloud.
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited October 2022
    It will also depend on the quality of the single mode.

If the studio neglect it too much, the game may lose a lot of introvert players.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I will not buy if it turns out to be TS4.2!

If it doesn't have actual open neighborhoods.... COUNT ME OUT! I don't mean this lie they said about TS4 because when people think of "open world" they think of being able to freely move around the entire world, which includes every single lot/venue, without a loading screen. TS4 said no open worlds, we'd have open neighborhoods. That was a big, fat lie! We have open areas you can walk around between lots (with hardly anything at all to do in those spaces and no ability to add things to do in those spaces) but if we want to visit the swimming pool across the street from our house or go to our neighbor's house for coffee (which is literally 5 tiles away from yours) .... BLAM! Loading screen!

If there is not some ability, from the beginning to remove/edit/add things to a world .... COUNT ME OUT!! I have dealt with the restrictions and daily frustration of TS4 for wayyyyyy too long to shell out more even more money to once again still be frustrated (There are things I hate in the worlds, such as a tree blocking my view on certain lots, the ugly dinosaur in Oasis Springs, the plethora of fake houses and buildings requiring me to adjust MY IDEAS for a world to cohesively fit THEIR IDEAS of what MY WORLD should look like, the huge amounts of empty, useless real estate space in worlds that could have clearly had more usable/buildable lots!)

If all worlds that have oceans/bodies of water aren't swimmable from the beginniing ..... COUNT ME OUT! Been there, done that. Every time I play in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg my rage raises at not being able to actually swim in the water. It's useless to me and makes me just never want to play in those worlds so I don't have to see the fake beaches.

If the sims personalities are not actually unique.... COUNT ME OUT!! I do not want to have to search out mods just to make the personalities of my sims actually to be different.

If they continue to take short-cuts on animations and keep reusing the same ones over and over. COUNT ME OUT!!

If they continue the trend of the "rabbit hole" activities rather than actual functioning objects .... COUNT ME OUT! Such as rather than actually shopping in Tartosa, they basically gave us a dresser item shaped like a building and called it window shopping! WHAT??! Or the fake rabbit hole "amusement park rides" in Copperdale. That's like something a CC creator would do, which is perfectly fine, I understand their limitations on coding, routing, animations, etc..... but for a AAA game company ... that screams L.A.Z.Y. to me!

If they continue the trend of "telling us" what is going on instead of "showing us" what is happening ... COUNT ME OUT! (which a lot of times is FAKE and has absolutely nothing to do with the current sitation, such as the pop-up notifications in HSY that tell about classmates doing this or that, and yet they are actually just sitting at a desk and none of those things happened)

If we can't customize, save and/or "favorite" certain looks in CAS to re-use on a different sim later on .... COUNT ME OUT! I love the creativity of some simmers (thinking of @Netzspannung amazing outfits, which I love) and would use all the time, but I don't want to have to hunt for all of the pieces. We need a better filtering system and would love a search by name function for CAS as well.

If cell phone usage is not optional .... COUNT ME OUT!!! I don't always play in a "modern world", sometimes I play in a save that is set years in the past when there were no such things as a cell phone. There should be functioning phones (phone booths in the world and community venues and landlines available for residential lots) that have the same options as the cell phone for traveling/hiring NPCs, etc that a sim can use instead. Information should also be available in a newspaper, like old times, where sims can learn about anything that way as well. GIve us options! Maybe we want to get away from the modern world!

I could go on and on .... but these are some of my most major "Must Haves" for me to purchase. I just can't do a TS4 again, why would I spend money for the exact same gameplay with a new name and better graphics.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I will not buy if it turns out to be TS4.2!

If it doesn't have actual open neighborhoods.... COUNT ME OUT! I don't mean this lie they said about TS4 because when people think of "open world" they think of being able to freely move around the entire world, which includes every single lot/venue, without a loading screen. TS4 said no open worlds, we'd have open neighborhoods. That was a big, fat lie! We have open areas you can walk around between lots (with hardly anything at all to do in those spaces and no ability to add things to do in those spaces) but if we want to visit the swimming pool across the street from our house or go to our neighbor's house for coffee (which is literally 5 tiles away from yours) .... BLAM! Loading screen!

If there is not some ability, from the beginning to remove/edit/add things to a world .... COUNT ME OUT!! I have dealt with the restrictions and daily frustration of TS4 for wayyyyyy too long to shell out more even more money to once again still be frustrated (There are things I hate in the worlds, such as a tree blocking my view on certain lots, the ugly dinosaur in Oasis Springs, the plethora of fake houses and buildings requiring me to adjust MY IDEAS for a world to cohesively fit THEIR IDEAS of what MY WORLD should look like, the huge amounts of empty, useless real estate space in worlds that could have clearly had more usable/buildable lots!)

If all worlds that have oceans/bodies of water aren't swimmable from the beginniing ..... COUNT ME OUT! Been there, done that. Every time I play in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg my rage raises at not being able to actually swim in the water. It's useless to me and makes me just never want to play in those worlds so I don't have to see the fake beaches.

If the sims personalities are not actually unique.... COUNT ME OUT!! I do not want to have to search out mods just to make the personalities of my sims actually to be different.

If they continue to take short-cuts on animations and keep reusing the same ones over and over. COUNT ME OUT!!

If they continue the trend of the "rabbit hole" activities rather than actual functioning objects .... COUNT ME OUT! Such as rather than actually shopping in Tartosa, they basically gave us a dresser item shaped like a building and called it window shopping! WHAT??! Or the fake rabbit hole "amusement park rides" in Copperdale. That's like something a CC creator would do, which is perfectly fine, I understand their limitations on coding, routing, animations, etc..... but for a AAA game company ... that screams L.A.Z.Y. to me!

If they continue the trend of "telling us" what is going on instead of "showing us" what is happening ... COUNT ME OUT! (which a lot of times is FAKE and has absolutely nothing to do with the current sitation, such as the pop-up notifications in HSY that tell about classmates doing this or that, and yet they are actually just sitting at a desk and none of those things happened)

If we can't customize, save and/or "favorite" certain looks in CAS to re-use on a different sim later on .... COUNT ME OUT! I love the creativity of some simmers (thinking of @Netzspannung amazing outfits, which I love) and would use all the time, but I don't want to have to hunt for all of the pieces. We need a better filtering system and would love a search by name function for CAS as well.

If cell phone usage is not optional .... COUNT ME OUT!!! I don't always play in a "modern world", sometimes I play in a save that is set years in the past when there were no such things as a cell phone. There should be functioning phones (phone booths in the world and community venues and landlines available for residential lots) that have the same options as the cell phone for traveling/hiring NPCs, etc that a sim can use instead. Information should also be available in a newspaper, like old times, where sims can learn about anything that way as well. GIve us options! Maybe we want to get away from the modern world!

I could go on and on .... but these are some of my most major "Must Haves" for me to purchase. I just can't do a TS4 again, why would I spend money for the exact same gameplay with a new name and better graphics.

Going off your first point, it's important for everyone to understand that the technology of preloading sections of an open world map and then loading another section as your character travels across an invisible boundary is pretty old. It's widely used in open world games to have a massive open world map but only simulate and process the relevant section that your character is in. Sims 5 Rene needs to do this rather than the Sims 3 method of trying to simulate everything at once, a method that is NOT optimized in the slightest and limits the total number of Sims that can exist in the town.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited November 2022
    Going off your first point, it's important for everyone to understand that the technology of preloading sections of an open world map and then loading another section as your character travels across an invisible boundary is pretty old. It's widely used in open world games to have a massive open world map but only simulate and process the relevant section that your character is in. Sims 5 Rene needs to do this rather than the Sims 3 method of trying to simulate everything at once, a method that is NOT optimized in the slightest and limits the total number of Sims that can exist in the town.

Oh I'm perfectly ok with only the immediate area that my sim is in being "open". I don't need the ENTIRE WORLD to be open and active when I can't even see what's going on. And I don't even mind hitting a loading screen when jumping to a new "area" that's across the current world, such as the island in Windingburg where a loading screen makes sense because there's no road that you could imagine your sim drove there on (in my head I would imagine they took a boat to the island or hopped on a plane and that's why there's a loading screen), But when I'm on that Island, I should be able to freely walk and enter any lot within that area without hitting a loading screen until I travel out of that area. So a loading screen for that is fine. But what is totally 100% immersion breaking for me personally, is hitting a loading screen to literally walk 5 tiles away to enter the next building, so close you would not "driving" to that area.

THAT's what I thought TS4's "open neighborhoods" were going to be like.

I want to see my neighbors doing stuff at their house! Not just joggers or random people walking by. I want to see my neighbor sims "doing stuff" ... Getting thier mail, enjoying their pool, kids playing on the swingset in the backyard, neighbors coming home from work and walking up their front door, neighbors outside raking leaves, working in their garden, shoveling snow. Neighbors conversing with other neighbors outside.

I hate how every single lot in TS4 feels like it's separate world that is the only place that's alive.

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    edited November 2022
    'I will not purchase sims 5 if...' At this point I will not purchase Sims 5...flat-out XD I've been incredibly patient with EA over a bunch of things, and at this point I just can't be bothered and have lost interest in everything except sharing stuff with you lot and seeing what you all come up with.
    I'm just gonna stick with what I've got and enjoy what I have until I stop enjoying storytelling and building houses : P
    they/them or she/her
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Count me out if Project Rene spends so much time trying to be viable on a flippin' mobile phone that the PC portion has to suffer. I've had enough of that lowest common denominator stuff with TS4.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Count me out if Project Rene spends so much time trying to be viable on a flippin' mobile phone that the PC portion has to suffer. I've had enough of that lowest common denominator stuff with TS4.

I don't mind that mobile is able to access the game. I care if Rene is a cloud-based game requiring an internet connection.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2022
    I won’t play it if there is no open world
    a256aFi.gif
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    edited November 2022
    I wouldn't like to buy it if it turns out to be what sims 4 is, if it's a multiplayer or online only game, or if it's a mobile game, and an open world and caw tool like sims 3 are a must have for me so without them I won't be interested on it
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2022
    I have a long laundry list of why I won't be purchasing TS5. I longed for the day they would start to work on this game, as I was tired of TS4 over five years ago.

1. I'm not interested in a game that may continue over on my phone. This means cloud servers and cloud saves. This means watered down graphics (if true) so a smaller screen can support the game. Less simulation animations. Possibly online requirements all the time. If it is cross platform, then I'm really out. Everybody cheer. :p

2. I'm not interested in a game that may be totally gender neutral. No. Why do a I believe this is possible? Because recently a guru apologized that the most recent update on this category wasn't enough, but they were working hard to make TS4 totally gender neutral in all areas of the game. (Basically, what was stated). So, I expect this to be a thing in the new game from the get-go. I won't throw money after a game that seeks to remove the majority of society. Demographics have changed in recent years to exclude half the population from gaming.

3.Competition and collaboration. Can be a good thing, but let's look at facts. The Sims community has always been a share and share alike community. When competition enters the scene and even collaboration in this franchise, people get huffy, they get their feelings hurt, they backbite each other, and jealousy runs amuck. Especially if Maxis intends for players to sell their works to others in the game. Let's look at the past history of modding and some collaborations we know about. Edit to add, just look at the hurt feelings and upsets in Maxis Favs. Or when someone goes off because someone upload their lot with changed clutter and deco and took credit for that.

Two major sites were at war with each other for many years because of accusations of stealing other's meshes etc. Some of it was true and proven. But Maxis supported one particular site that was found to be taking credit for meshes that were not their own. Go figure that. Most us old time players didn't support paid content sites. It just wasn't keeping with the spirit of The Sims to have to pay for content from modders. And most had a rule not to share with pay sites. There are many reasons for that.

But if Maxis wants players to create things and then sell it to others in the game (Like many MMOs) then I might remind some did they watch Sparked? Even in that collaboration exercise there was disappointment, infighting, and hurt feelings. Some felt others took over among the teams, others didn't like the story line or the time they were given, nor liked the other person or their ideas, nor did they like that others took credit for things, or their popularity didn't give any credit to those with less popularity. No thanks, Maxis, if you think the community is divided now into small cliques of popular and less known creators then just wait. It won't be pretty in the long run. I'm not into cliques, ever.
    And I won't support a game that encourages cliques, tribes, and monetizing custom content or collaboration. The old saying ' Pay sites must die' was a good one for many reasons.

Let's look at what Maxis has already said about 'sketchy links'. Mod the Sims took issue with this...I don't blame them as I know they don't have sketchy links and every piece of work submitted to them is gone over with a fine-tooth comb, and any issues with any content is normally told to the player who wants to download it.

I'm not going to pay other Simmers for their work while those ads popup in my game to buy their stuff or Maxis stuff, and level up my Sim's status or whatever. Just no.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited November 2022
    I will not purchase Sims 5 if it's focus is multiplayer. If it's mainly geared for single player but has some multiplayer options, that's fine. But the reverse is not, for me at least. I want my sims to be my sims, and I don't want to interact with other players Sims or having them change things with my builds.

I will also not purchase if there is not at least one of open neighborhoods (as opposed to fully open worlds) and a color wheel or palette for items (need at least a basic 16 if not 32 color options to choose from). I'd love to see both but if there's neither, there's no point for me. It would basically be Sims 4 again and I have no wish to feed the money machine for something we already have.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • userafwuserafw Posts: 34 Member
    edited November 2022
    AprilS wrote: »
    > @DaniRose2143 said:
    > If it’s online multiplayer only I’m out. If they include the option to play offline but most features or the best ones are only for online players I’m out then too. Those are really the only nonstarters. Anything else I’ll listen and check it out before I make up my mind.

It's multi but got single player option 2 so I'll be buying it. I'm happy for those who want multiplayer but for me I prefer single player

I agree here too. Also to prevent interference with the single player development, multiplayer SHOULD NOT be introduced until 4 or 5 Expansions in, AND all, I do mean ALL the bugs from those expansions fixed, even if it means another 2 years from the release of the fifth expansion. Plus this way they don’t start out nickeling and diming us with bits and pieces of content.

Since they like to limit release of new worlds to expansions, the multiplayer should show up as another world that can be traveled to, that hosts special events with unique custom content, and allows “hiring” the Sims of other players. But the most important thing I would insist on for multiplayer is NO NAGWARE. I don’t want more than one reminder that anything changed in the multiplayer world. I want the ability to turn off ALL notifications and KEEP them off until I turn them back on. I also hate the Social Bunny feature in Sims 4 for this reason: turning off notifications for Social Bunny doesn’t work, you still see the lighted dot by it. Plus updates come way, way too often. This also goes for the Batuu vacation notification that pops up every time I play a new household in the same save.

I am not a social media addict, and will never be. I only check my Facebook account once a week, and everything else maybe once a month. I also detest texting because my IRL phone is small, and that keyboard is smaller with no ability to zoom it. And I don’t believe in spending lots of money for a phone every year. Phones should last more than 2 years. And PC games should last as long as support for operating systems do. I hate cloud games for this very reason. Anything cloud based can disappear at anytime with a 30 day notice and no way to retrieve your content for offline use. This includes Sims 2 and Sims 3, both forcibly tied to Origin, which is a cloud service that was discontinued. Since that cloud service no longer exists, this makes games that were poisoned by that cloud unplayable. Simply put, the cloud is unreliable for long term usage. CDs, DVDs, and external USB are far more reliable.
  • HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    If I can't play the full game alone on my save. I really don't want the multiplayer. I can accept it if it's only a feature and I'm not obliged to be a part of it.

I won't buy it also if It's like all the other opus and we start again with an empty game. I think after 4 opus I'm over it to again wait years to have seasons, to have animals or basics things. I would like a complete base game so extension will be focus on things really important.

But honestly I'm very worried with the multiplayer system that could ruin our game. What we love with Sims is to be able to control our save, have our own story... I'm not sure about sharing this experience with people I don't even know.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • Sprinkles257Sprinkles257 Posts: 7 New Member
    I won't buy the Sims 5, period. I like the Sims 4 a lot and I don't want to move on from it. The only way I can see myself buying the Sims 5 is years after its release.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I won't even consider TS5 if TS4 still feels incomplete or bugged to me. I don't want to start all over again with a new game if the previous leaves me dissatisfied. I also have no interest in online multiplayer or subscription games. A reboot of TS2 would be more to my liking.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    edited November 2022
    I wouldn't mind multiplayer optional but if its forced multiplayer I am also out, but if they do online multiplayer route I hope they have the foresight to make some kind of adult filter, assuming they're going to have same age rating as now so minors don't accidentally get exposed to adult content.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I don't want Sims 5 if it's multiplayer. :s

I still have plenty to do in Sims 4. I am a little interested in Disney Dreamlight except I don't want to be obsessed (because I know me) over a new game. So I'll stay where I'm at.....for now.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2022
    Its VR or online. I don't own a VR set and don't think I'll be purchasing one just for the Sims, and I'm not interested in playing a dating sim. I don't think the team intends it to be a dating sim, but by the nature of what the sims is, a life simulator, that's what it would become in the event that you want your family sims to have families. They'd have to happen through dating and marrying sims made and played by other people. I'm too flippin' old to be worrying about my real life relationships and the online ones too!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Landj0ghurtLandj0ghurt Posts: 8 New Member
    Sims 4 was my first sims-game and I amn't sure if I'm willing to "give it up" for a Sims5. Not because I think it's THAT good, but because I payed (more than I should have) on the game with all its expansion packs etc. Maybe it's different for players that have followed through several sims-games, but I don't feel comfortable with buying the "newer version" that's basically the same game but updated. (though I understand the appeal of new features and an improved game)

> @nanashi-sims said:
    > if...* the game is limited/constrained for solo play to encourage players to engage in multiplayer play.
    > * EA continues its current development path where the game is less about The Sims and more about The Stuff.
    > * the game is subscription based.
    > * the Sims are uncanny valley.
    > * they do not have every.single.lifestage in the base game :angry:

Being said, I agree with @nanashi-sims . If it's subscription based as heavily as Sims 4, I'll probably pass...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top