Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we make it necessary to read form rules?

Ok, so ts4 is now free! which is great! But that also means a lot of new members on the form. it does mean some people will say anything and they may get reported for it, maybe as a solution to this problem as part of being a new member, you have to read the rules to become a regular member, most of the people who may get reported now might not know that they are breaking the rules.
Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Are we getting a big increase in new members? Hard to tell but I'm not here much anyway.
    I think the majority of new simmers go to Twitter I have seen them coming into the sims community there.
    Forums are considered a bit more outdated in comparison. I also rarely see people knowingly breaking rules or getting out of line unless it's a controversial thread😅 otherwise it's pretty chill. I kind of don't think it's necessary and afterall,most people still would not read it. They either glance over it or click accept just to get it off of the screen. Most discords force you to read the rules and I still see mods complaining that people are not reading the rules 😆

Only the mods would know the best course of action though.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    I feel like we are getting a good few new members, maybe it's just me, but I got a pretty uhm, "interesting" comment on one of my threads maybe it didn't break any rules, and I just misunderstood what they were trying to say. They were a bit too straightforward for me, more than most users. and thanks for the feedback @Babykittyjade :smiley:
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    And how many people actually read the agreements that sites/programs force you to "read" vs how many just scroll it to the bottom to trigger the next/accept button to become active?

How will the site know the person has actually read the rules vs just scrolled to the bottom? Even if it can tell a fast scroll from a slow scroll, doesn't mean the person actually read the page.

Most sites have the same basic rules you find anywhere that boil down to be nice to one another, stay on topic, no controversial topics.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    And how many people actually read the agreements that sites/programs force you to "read" vs how many just scroll it to the bottom to trigger the next/accept button to become active?

How will the site know the person has actually read the rules vs just scrolled to the bottom? Even if it can tell a fast scroll from a slow scroll, doesn't mean the person actually read the page.

Most sites have the same basic rules you find anywhere that boil down to be nice to one another, stay on topic, no controversial topics.

I see what you mean, I got a less-than pg comment on a thread recently, I suppose it's just one comment, hopefully, it won't happen again. I want the community to be open enough that I can let my younger sister scroll through without worrying about it maybe its always been this way, I guess it just bothered me. one way to make people read it is to have a short test, but that might get really annoying.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Hi @LIL_Lilly I hope you hit "report" on the unpleasant comment!
    Hi @LIL_Lilly I hope you hit "report" on the unpleasant comment!
    I did, thanks for checking. I don't know if that will solve the problem though, I know there will always be trolls, but I do think a fair amount of people don't intend to break the rules.