Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    I'm still a no on Paralives. I still don't like the look of it.
  • SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Honestly, it's going to take a lot for either game to dethrone the Sims 3 in my book. They might excel in certain areas but lack in others, which is pretty much the story of every sims game. The perfect game would be a combination of them all.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Other
    It's too soon for me to decide. Once the two games get closer to release then I'll make the decision.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2022
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Since EA/Maxis is inviting Simmers to play test their Workshop demo where you can build your own content for Project Rene (The Sims 5) and get rewards for doing so, does this tempt any of you to try to get on this list of players who will test the Workshop? And does it change your mind about getting on board with TS5? Possibly a tool to make money later in the game, I would assume..by selling that content to others. Or at least sharing it. But I'm guessing a way to make money later.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Other
    Actually, I'm planning to buy Disney Dreamlight Valley. That's going to be my new simulation PC game. I'm so excited. :p
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Actually, I'm planning to buy Disney Dreamlight Valley. That's going to be my new simulation PC game. I'm so excited. :p

I am having fun with it.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I mean, I've played a bit of Disney Dreamlight Valley, and while it's fun in an Animal Crossing way, it's a far cry from a full life simulation
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Since EA/Maxis is inviting Simmers to play test their Workshop demo where you can build your own content for Project Rene (The Sims 5) and get rewards for doing so, does this tempt any of you to try to get on this list of players who will test the Workshop? And does it change your mind about getting on board with TS5? Possibly a tool to make money later in the game, I would assume..by selling that content to others. Or at least sharing it. But I'm guessing a way to make money later.

Whuzzah?! Where and how?! Do you have to be a TS4 creator already to get an invite? I create for TS2 and would be keen in seeing the in-house capabilities for TS5 creation.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited October 2022
    I plan to buy both.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Whuzzah?! Where and how?! Do you have to be a TS4 creator already to get an invite? I create for TS2 and would be keen in seeing the in-house capabilities for TS5 creation.

The thread that @simgirl1010 made with details is right here in the Rene forum https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1004267/playtesting-starting-soon
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    Other
    I'm going to continue playing Sims 4 for the foreseeable future and wait until both Sims 5 and Paralives are actually released to make a decision which one to buy. I very likely may buy neither. I definitely won't buy Sims 5 if it's an online, MMO, cross platform, cloud based game, mainly because I don't understand any of that. Or maybe I understand just enough to know I do not want any part of it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    Other
    I'm going to wait and see what Paralives looks like when it's finished 'cos I can't stand how the Parafolk look like right now...I'm sure to buy TS5 though, I've bought and played them all and I cannot see stopping now.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    okay in October they worked on a first version of "baby and toddler characters"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Other
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I mean, I've played a bit of Disney Dreamlight Valley, and while it's fun in an Animal Crossing way, it's a far cry from a full life simulation

But it's funny to watch Minnie look at Maui when he's close by like she looks at Mickey. And Merlin not taking his eyes off a villain while talking to you. I like to add a little sims drama story when I see them acting that way.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

But it's funny to watch Minnie look at Maui when he's close by like she looks at Mickey. And Merlin not taking his eyes off a villain while talking to you. I like to add a little sims drama story when I see them acting that way.

Lots of tea in the Disney universe it seems
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've already posted and taken the poll for this, but the truth is, as Sims 5 gets ever closer, I have no idea. Both depend on knowing what I'm buying and I think I just won't know til they are out and being played by other people who can let us all know how they are.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    I’m fairly likely going to buy sims 5 but honestly I can’t say I’ll get it at launch - not because I have any doubts but I like playing sims 4 to be honest and it takes most my game time and kinda is all I need from sims.

I’ll decide nearer to the time if I want to play sims 5. The only way I will buy paralives is if a) it launches on console and b) if it completely blows up the internet with how good it is. I think it’s very unlikely I will ever play it but I hope it’s good for those who like it.
    Other
    I now have the Disney Dreamlight Valley on PC. It's so my next simulation game. I haven't been this excited for a new game since Civilization VI. So, way cool. :p
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I now have the Disney Dreamlight Valley on PC. It's so my next simulation game. I haven't been this excited for a new game since Civilization VI. So, way cool. :p
    Is it really a simulation game? I’ve seen some commentary on it and some people say it most closely resembles animal crossing
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • DkaffeDkaffe Posts: 27 Member
    @simmerorigin A lot closer to Animal Crossing than anything simulation like. Guess there are a couple of things to manage but more in the terms of relaxed wholesome Animal Crossing like gameplay.
    r3Mheab.png
    Other
    Actually, Disney Dreamlight Valley is kind of like a sims game, exept for the cool Disney fun, better graphics & challenging gameplay. :p
    edited November 2022
    What we have seen so far with TS5 is sort of interesting and again not so interesting to me.

What we do know is there is a way to share objects with others. Like an in game Gallery? I think many, many players will like that in TS5.

It seems apartments are shells, if they are shells (all is subject to change) could just be placeholders and not even in the game. I hope players would be able to build within those shells like we did in TS3. At least (in TS3) I could set up a building the way I wanted it inside. That was so much better than just the decorative mode in TS4. I really get frustrated with limitations like in TS4's build mode.

It seems players will have a smaller footprint on objects. It seems objects could be pushed up against each other much closer than before. I hope that is a 'thing' in TS5 if it's true. That may be possible I guess building without a grid. I know many times I felt objects' footprints were too large and needed to be placed quarter or lesser next to another object. (in the entire series over the years)

The important thing to remember about either of these games is this, what we see isn't necessarily true. Paralives doesn't even have a world yet. What we see in screen shots is within the game engine. There are a lot of 'preset' things that developers can 'borrow' use as placeholders while they build their game. This is true for Maxis, too if they are using the same engine. Place holders are readily available and so are animations....

A person could sit and demonstrate an action and or creating an object just by using the engine tools..and not even develop their own..also with animations so when searching for info about either game just remember the game engine supplies a lot of things someone could just demonstrate as a possibility.

Forgot, My number one wish right now for TS5 is that Maxis let players play with a Demo of the Workshop 'soon'. lol
    I hope they will release a demo we can play around with within the next few months or early next year like all the tools they released for players back in TS2's Bodyshop demo. TS3's Pet Demo, TS4's CAS Demo, it at least generated some buzz and happy feelings about those games and anticipation for players to look forward to a new game. Just a few pics of some objects now and then isn't going to cut it. lol

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Other
    I am not planning on buying either one. Paralives doesn't appeal to me and I don't like what I have heard about the direction they seem to be going in with Sims 5. So while I will keep an eye on what happens, right now, I don't want to play either one.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited November 2022
    Unless Sims 5 is mostly online experience (and from the livestream it seems it does have single player mode), I’m going to get it on PS5 day one. Paralives are not my style. I don’t like the very basic cartoony look (like cut out from paper), but others love it so I’m happy for them.

The Sims 4 is my favorite Sims game and I have a huge hope Sims in the new game are going to be upgraded versions of 4 (slightly realistic, but still cartoony style). Nice graphic is a huge factor for me to enjoy the game so I’m going to stick with EA. I’m also curious what they will do with emotions in this game, how and if it will improve. I have love/hate relationship with emotions in Sims 4. Sometimes I think it’s brilliant and sometimes it annoys me to no end.

And the last reason is simply, because I don’t like playing on PC. Whatever doesn’t come to console is a no buy for me.
    edited November 2022
    Since the last time I checked Paralives 'Roadmap' I decided to take a look to see if anything had been completed in Live Mode. Nope. Since April the four same projects are still in progress and Unfortunately the Same 44 projects that have to be finished before Early Access have not even been worked on or updated. The 44 projects are the very reason anyone would even play Paralives...it's called Live Mode...sigh.

Adding but the height slider for the Parafolk was shown to the public back in Sept. In case anyone missed it. You can see the gif on their site. More interesting to me than build my own objects for TS5 at the moment.

t9x604ou3k5f.png
    Post edited by Cinebar on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top