Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the weirdest thing that ever happened to you when you playing on any sims game?

The weirdest thing that happened to my sims that’s when my sims walking through the wall (Sims 4) also my toddler sims has this shrink bugs.
Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    While playing Sims 2 OFB, my girl was a stylist and had a home business. She had just closed her shop when my RL doorbell rang (It was the pizza delivery guy). I had totally forgot to pause the game so it was running the whole time I was away from my desk.

After I ate, I went back to my office and sat down and saw she was at home sitting on the couch watching TV, when all of a sudden she jumps up from the couch, runs to the bathroom and starts to throw up in the toilet!

I was like what is going on! I had a mod that I could look at her stats and she was PREGNANT! Not only was she pregnant, she was pregnant by the PAPERBOY!!! He was the last person she was talking to when I got up from my desk.

I had quite a few mods (one was this big machine thing that I can't remember the name), so I'm sure I probably clicked some setting I shouldn't have, which allowed it to happen) but still to this day I'll never forget the complete and utter shock when I saw who the babydaddy was! LOL
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited October 2022
    My TS3 sims lived in a stilt house on an island. I had them set up for maid services, but they never came. Repair people didn’t show, either. Over time my sims started having odd, unexplained fear reactions, as well. One day as I was panning the camera over the lot, I noticed the paper boy was stuck under the stilt house. Before I could unstick him, he died and Grimmy came and took him away. I have no idea how long he was stuck there. Turns out, that house was where service people came to die. I mercifully canceled all services and taught my sims to do their own repairs and cleaning.

Island Paradise routing problems could be mildly annoying or downright horrific. 😱
  • momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    The weirdest thing was more of a series of things - in Sims 2 the H&M store was cursed, I swear. Every single time I'd send a sim there, someone would be struck by lightning and this ONE Sim would get into a fight. It would be a different lightning and fight victim each time, but it happened EVERY TIME no matter what Sim I was going to the store with. Didn't happen at any other lot in the game, just this one H&M.

I also had this weird period where every time a baby was born in Sims 2, it would show up as this pitch black silhouette in the bassinet. Like if you cut a baby-shaped hole out of the bassinet and put black paper under the hole. I'm guessing it's some CC issue but it was weird.

Something I thought was weird was when I had Goopy Gilscarbo in 2 have a baby with a sim, and their resulting daughter was THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SIM IN THE WORLD but apparently that's a pretty common thing with other players! At least from what I've seen!
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The very first time a TS2 sim stopped what they were doing and looked right at me. Like the sim somehow knew I was there. This was a few days after the game came out, so I was still learning the game. Talk about an eerie feeling!
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited October 2022
    I played the Sims 2 Asylum Challenge at 73 Road to Nowhere in Strangetown. I had the weather set to 4 seasons of summer because, you know, desert. All of my uncontrolled patients kept using the sunroof to use the items there and ended up burning to a crisp with heatstroke. The amount of aspiration failures and death in this Asylum was creepy. All seven other patients ended up dying.

ex1ztpzo1yn9.png
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    In Sims 3, I had a sim who refused to leave her bed. I would queue up an action and she'd complain and cancel them. She continued to rest on her bed as her motives dropped. I couldn't understand what was happening and removed her nightstand in case it was blocking her into her bed, but she refused to get up. I wondered if a sim could die in bed in Sims 3. It was not until I zoomed really close onto the side of her bed that I saw something. It turned out that her cat had been practicing its hunting skill and had placed a tiny feather on the sim's side of the bed (it was a double bed, not a single), as cats sometimes "gift" the sim their recent catches. This sim couldn't get out of bed until I removed the feather. A feather!

I think sims 3 sims should have been able to scoot around beds like they do on couches, or the EA dev who programmed that feather should not have designed it to take a whole tile and block a sim.
    Another thing that sometimes happens in Sims 3 is that sims will decide to drive around town but with no car. They essentially fly around town in a seated position, often floating higher than the road. It's a rare bug and the game corrects itself quickly and sends the sims back to earth, but it's fun to see.

Another odd thing that occurred in my Sims 3 game took place in Bridgeport. My sim lived in an apartment, which is just a premade shell with rooms in it and some rooms are inaccessible to the player because they simulate rooms for NPCs to disappear into. My sim was asleep in bed, and all was calm until he started floating out of his bed. He was still asleep and in a laid-out position but was levitating around his apartment. His skin was normally dark, but it turned into a pasty grey and he floated out of his apartment and seemed to be levitating towards an NPC apartment, then suddenly the game reset him before he went into the NPC door. His skin was back to normal, and he just stood there as if nothing happened. I don't know what caused this bug, but it was like he had been possessed.
  • Arielsiren6314Arielsiren6314 Posts: 2 New Member
    When I used to play the Sims 3 on my Wii u my sim was walking down the sidewalk and spotted a nude sim who was walking down the street I clicked on him and above the other sims head said you can't talk to this sim right now and my reaction was like o.o
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    wow @octotiger sounds like that cat was hunting other prey besides just birds
    gen3-banner.png
    I think you are right. He was becoming ambitious in his choice of prey.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Weirdest thing is when babies don't age up and are stuck with routing issues. Even when a sim won't get out of bed because another object is in the way!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited November 2022
    un0pasebxsd9.gif

This chicken spinning around while my game was paused.

UpmbdIV.gif

My character's eyes following eye contact all the time, even while the Sim he is talking to is doing the Servo death animation.
    A1hnP0t.png
    I have more examples from the sims 3, but it's not so much weird as silly and disturbing. The sims have creepy behaviors, such as inviting my sims to cuddle with them despite my sims barely knowing the other sim. And by inviting, I don't mean that there is a message asking if my sim wants to cuddle but forcing the cuddle action into the queue of one of my sims and I have to catch it in time to cancel the action or else one of my sims will cuddle with the sim. If it's on a public lot, other sims might notice and start talking. Another creepy behavior is sims stalking the active household. I have no idea why the sims behave this way other than a dev for the Sims 3 thought it would be funny (and it is kind of funny, but annoying, too). One incident I remember was when Boyd Wainwright of Sunset Valley would come to my active family's home and stare into their windows. One of my sims, the young adult daughter of the household, eventually sensed him and autonomously ran out of the house to yell at him. Boyd then took out a book and began reading in their yard nonchalantly.

A recent incident occurred in Moonlight Falls where I witnessed three premade sims essentially assault a male Chinese tourist (from World Adventures) on a public lot. The sims were Annie Nix, Emelie Van Gould and I think Joanie MacDuff. Annie and Joanie would take turns flirting with the male tourist and making out with him. Emilie would use her vampire powers on him. Meanwhile there were other premade sims on the public lot and they observed these interactions with looks of anger and thought bubbles of the ladies with red crosses over them, indicating that they disapproved, because the ladies were cheating on their significant others. I wonder if the tourist had the irresistible trait?

The attraction system is so buggy, even Bonehilda will call my sims for dates. She glitched the save, and whenever I would click on another sim to interact they would immediately send a message saying they were interested in knowing one of my sims better, regardless of the gender preferences of the sim. This didn't stop until I dismissed Bonehilda.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    This was probably a glitch, but one time I log in my game and there was a random horse in the house.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wow, you're so lucky that your game comes with a horse. B) Unfortunately, I can only play Vanilla, so my Sims 4 doesn't have any horses. :'(
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    About a month or two after I started playing Sims 4, and added in basements, I had some Sims get stuck just outside the wall of the basement. Somehow they managed to teleport through.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.