Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Rene (The Sims 5) speculation time

13...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2022
    This is my 'speculation'. Can a game really just have started its early stages if they already have beta testers for the Workshop? Food for thought...if that workshop includes things like creating objects for a game and allow those testers to share with others, wouldn't animations have to be already created for most of those objects? The 'simulation' of some things would already exist. Maxis would have already patented, copyrighted their tool a long time ago (possibly years ago...uh 2017?) in order to allow beta testers to give feedback.

I know Lyndsay said early stages, yeah, but their early stages are probably further along than what the average person thinks they have done. I'm going with what we heard, knew in 2017. I don't believe it just started this past year or even last year, but maybe five years ago.

If I remember correctly any demo that players got to play with, test, was about a year before release of the game.

Also, since I forgot, I think it's a cloud game, on servers, a money maker for game changers or whatever new name they are given to create and sell their creations to other players and one big fat competition of who is more popular with their creations and who is making more money for EA and being promoted (favs) and more like some glorified mobile game that I won't be interested in that type of environment.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2022

No need to rewrite fundamental characteristics, relationships, and timelines. Continue the history and build on the foundation.

Sims 3 added a backstory to the events of Sims 1 and 2. Now for the future.

I really wish they continue the lore and mysteries from Sims 2. I think it would be really interesting to see for example Bella and Mortimer's grandchildren or Lilith Pleasant with Dirk Dreamer have a family together in the new game.

They could also mix it up meaning that they could also make descendants of returning families who were on TS3 or even TS4. :D

Hp85Jmm.gif
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited October 2022
    IVXXXVI wrote: »

No need to rewrite fundamental characteristics, relationships, and timelines. Continue the history and build on the foundation.

Sims 3 added a backstory to the events of Sims 1 and 2. Now for the future.

I really wish they continue the lore and mysteries from Sims 2. I think it would be really interesting to see for example Bella and Mortimer's grandchildren or Lilith Pleasant with Dirk Dreamer have a family together in the new game.

They could also mix it up meaning that they could also make descendants of returning families who were on TS3 or even TS4. :D

I can't tell you how much I want the Narrative Designers working on Project Rene to read this comment.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464