Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims expansion was your favourite?

Comments

• SimlishLibrarianSimlishLibrarian Posts: 5 New Member
    Sims 3 Ambitions for me. I loved being able to go to work with my sims!
  • AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2023
    The Sims 4, City Living, Get Together (Behr Sisters), Snowy Ecsape (Japanese things) and Cottege Living and enjoyed Jungle one and Star Wars.
    Post edited by AdamBurtSims on
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I can't pick just one. So...

The Sims: Makin' Magic (I only had that and Livin' It Up and that came with my base game so I don't count it because I never knew the game as anything different)

TS2: Apartment Life

TS3: Supernatural

TS4: Werewolves
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sims 3 Ambitions
    Sims 3 Supernatual
    Sims 3 World Adventure
    Sims 3 Into The Future

Sims 4 Get Together
    Sims 4 Cottage Living
    Sims 4 Island Living
    Sims 4 Vampires
    Sims 4 Realm Of Magic
    Sims 4 Werewolves
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sims 1: Livin' Large, Superstar, and Hot Date
    Sims 2: Apartment Life and Freetime
    Sims 3: Ambitions and Late Night

Honorable mentions: The Sims 2 Nightlife and The Sims 3 Supernatural. I love vampires, lol.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    Sims 1: Makin Magic and Superstar
    Sims 2: Bon Voyage, Apartmen Life and Open For Bussiness
    Sims 3: Supernatural, Ambitions, World Adventures and Island Paradise (but less buggy version of it)
    Sims 4: Vampires, ROM, Get to Work, Werewolves
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Apartment Life
    Sims 3: Generations
    Sims 4: City Living
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    The impact of The Sims: Hot Date can't be over exaggerated. Before it, we were locked to the home lot. Hot Date added not only places TO go, but the ability to go there itself. Suddenly we had COMMUNITY LOTS that we could edit or even raze and build to our own liking. An entirely new species of Sims were created -- "townies" -- who weren't our Sims, but who lived out there in the ether and who could become our friends or spouses. And suddenly, Sims could BUY stuff! No more did everyone have to wear the same exact pair of pajamas, the same exact swimsuit, the same exact formal dress. It was an absolute and literal game-changer.

For The Sims 2, I'd say Seasons, since it was the first to introduce weather.

The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 haven't had any unique game-changing expansions, although Cottage Living's animal husbandry options make it pretty significant.

Over all, I still say The Sims Hot Date. Nothing else is comparable to it as far as revolutionizing the game.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sims 1: Superstar or Makin' Magic
    Sims 2: University
    Sims 3: World Adventures or Generations
    Sims 4: Unknown
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    My all time favorite across all iterations of the sims is Sims 2:Open for Business. I used that in so many ways. Business lots, home businesses, the Pleasants even put a ticket machine in front of their home and offered tours of their mansion like they do in the Downton Abbey castle.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    edited January 2023
    The Sims 3 supernatural because I'm all about occults. If I wanted to be a human I'd just live my life as usual.
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • Mikayla_Rose_GrahamMikayla_Rose_Graham Posts: 18 Member
    Sims 3 Supernatural.
    Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Ts3 Into the Future.
  • MeliathenaMeliathena Posts: 7 New Member
    It's too hard to chose only one.

I love Sims 2 seasons, appartment life and University, and Sims 3 Pets (I love the horses!), World Adventures, Island Paradise and Into the Future (it was unfortunately the last Sims 3 Pack, and I miss it so much!). I did also love University for the Sims 3, I'm a bit disappointed by the Sims 4 version though. Season are also good in TS3 and TS4, but I think that by now seasons should have been added to the base game.
    For the the Sims 4, my favorite might be Realm of Magic and Cottage living.
  • LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    My favourite expansion ever is the Sims 4 Get together because of how beautiful the world is and the club system too, it’s a expansion that actually feels like it changes the game and adds content to keep you playing, it would be nice to see more club types added in the future like more activities.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I’ve only played sims 4 and while I have all expansions I didn’t play island living, eco lifestyle, cottage living or snowy escape yet.

Of the packs I played I would say my favourite expansion has been City Living, it’s definitely the one I spent the most time with.

From what I’ve played I would say City Living > Seasons > High School Years > Get to work > Discover University > Get Together > Get Famous > Cats and Dogs.

I’m still playing and seeing new things though so things can change. I think Cottage Living will rank very high for me when I get around to it, we shall see :)
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

I guess University and anything that adds city life with apartments, and whatever gives me vampires and a chance to celebrate Halloween in a fun way, in each of them, is what I like best. If I could get San Myshuno aesthetics with Sims3 Bridgeport size and awesome clubs and gameplay, with Sims2 attention to detail for animations and realisitc 'adult fun time' interactions, with vampires and college life, that would be my favorite ❤.

Cities with apartments, colleges with dorms, vampires, an open world, hot cut scenes and animations for canoodling, are my favorite things from across all 3 games.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    TS1 - Superstar
    TS2 - Open for Business
    TS3 - World Adventures
    TS4 - N/A (I love them all, most heavily leaning on Get Famous though)

All Time: Open for Business
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    That has to be a tie between Open For Business & Ambitions. Careers have often been a weak point for The Sims, IMO. Their lack of interactivity can make them boring. Open For Business & Ambitions open up the workplace to a great extend, and make it very engaging. They're eveything that I think of when I think expansion pack.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    My favorites for every iteration:
    The Sims- Hot Date
    The Sims 2 - Seasons
    The Sims 3 - Seasons
    The Sims 4 - Cottage Living
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    I only have TS4 and the ones I enjoy playing the most is Cottage Living. I think Seasons is fab too as I love the different weather conditions and the fact that crops don't grow all year round.
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    TS1: Hot Date
    TS2: Open for Business... and Nightlife.... and University Life. (Sorry I can't pick one, its too hard!)
    TS3: Supernatural ♥
    TS4: Get to Work (Shops AND interactive jobs? yes please!)

Makes me realise how much I love this game :sweat_smile:
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    TS1: Makin' Magic
    TS2: OFB
    TS3: Tie between Supernatural/Isla Paradiso/World adventures :D
    TS4: I do not really have one, but the closest I'll get to a favorite is Paranormal Stuff.
  • SPPNZSPPNZ Posts: 11 New Member
    ts3 pets, even though my pets were so needy