Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Karababy52 , cant wait to see how lil Colt looks like :) haha great daily pic,Cale making funny faces to lil one?

next daily pic is great too !!!! Magnolia Promenade you go Cale, you have earned some fishing luxury <3

@RememberJoy , thats great shot with the snowboard!

Okay, im ill, with high fever, I post what I had so far, as I have no energy to play, I am very sorry.
    Oona Medicci, day 24
    B3H3uMa.png

8TgyA6T.png
    YzJJx96.png
    Killing time, it was middle of the night and her needs were pretty up.
    I just let her do what she wanted, that was first collecting frogs... from that deep o.O
    ka2UTeH.png
    Then play with water... jeans on.. that deep... yeah...
    oJVUHZp.png
    fun to do homework? Good, its for your aspiration too.

VxIAOZP.png
    Thats her kitchen now.. I wondered why she had so little veggies to sell, but I found all the rest from household inventory O.o

FP0VoMf.png
    finally, to school.
    rHBRUZz.png
    vQO0M2a.png
    she had no idea where to go, so she just followed Beatrix upstairs.
    mD66lcw.png
    No idea what Bea told her, but something scary :D
    CRqNAha.png
    NoiKIZF.png
    she found a locker to claim.
    NItgNVR.png
    Mike and Nea had an active start of the day.
    FNeGxgo.png
    After some difficulties, she found her classroom..

At this point I had to exit without saving... why oh why people use MOO with functional objects without testing... grrrrr

Gladly I saved just before she left to school... she will continue tomorrow, if I feel better.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    October 24th: Climbing to new heights

H9MPfyq.png
    Spent most of the day outside doing yard work, so I think I'll just share some pictures today with a quick play-by-play. I had Adam and Kaori bring Gael up to the top of Mt Komorebi (I had to cheat Gael up to level 6 Mountain climbing because I forgot that was a requirement to finish the climb, oops).

Conditions were icy after the Thunder-snow from the day before, so they all did their fair share of falling.

HOfCb8v.png

Kaori took the longest to get up, falling at least three times before reaching the top, so I finally just had her climb cautiously.

rZvdECz.png

I had Adam sit down to wait for the others to catch up, and think he may have broken his arm doing so :D

r7hOZo6.png

Kaori had an injured moodlet from falling, so I had Adam give her a message before sending her to go sleep it off in the provided tent.

tluMhlv.png

When she got up the moodlet was gone, but by now everyone was hungry so I had her magic up a turkey for them to eat.

dyVBOIG.png
    yvQURKT.png

A blizzard blew up just as Gael reached the top of the second wall.

KQ9wWba.png

When they loaded into the last stage of their climb none of the blackberry bushes appeared, only their fruit.

yTYjl3A.png

I had everyone stop and chat for a bit as their social needs were all getting low.

XrBuCxx.png

Then it was on to the third and final climb!

FIZeITJ.png
    0G5PcXH.png
    H9MPfyq.png

The blizzard started up again as they reached the top, so they ran/trudged up to the cave that's right before the final check point.

meO7Ere.png

I had Adam explore the cave extensively, and he received a rare Simmi, and a handful of uncommon/rare crystals!

C9EP99U.png

They reached the summit after sunset, and the view was spectacular as usual.

n5PPQCb.png

I had Adam explore the snow clump and he found another rare Simmi! Adam lost all the Simmis he'd already collected when he died earlier, so it's nice he's got some back now.

TQQiEoo.png

I actually found another cave I didn't know existed when I sent Gael to go pick the Death Flower and Roses. He got to explore that one, and received some snow boarding and skiing knowledge from a guru inside.

jT1ZPsZ.png

When he came out he found some forest spirits. He made a wish and received an inspired moodlet.

iBTnf3x.png

Meanwhile, Adam and Kaori went to the summit and showered in the little warm-up lodge I'd built the last we were up there.

nUXIUxF.png

They soaked in the hot springs for awhile before Gael tunneled up to join them.

bXffbEA.png

Of course I had to have them howl at the moon up there (it was directly overhead so it was hard to get a picture of it.)

C388CTT.png

I finished up by having them take some pictures to remember their trip by.

1glayjL.png
    Xwbljku.png
    QGRp3jn.png
    vAbdpxJ.png
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents

1m-1w-1y-oct10.jpg
    October 10: Following a Lead!

D.J. takes the advice that Aaron had given him days prior. He was going to go to Copperdale High and look for this Anton Sim. He wants to know the connection between this Sim who is a werewolf and his son, Hero.

At the high school, D.J. begins asking around if anyone knows an Anton. He finally connects with one Sim who points out Anton to him. He gets a good look at Anton. Anton wears a sleeveless red plaid shirt and what looks like sweatpants. D.J. thinks he looks like a pretty decent kid. Could be a jock with his build. D.J. remembers working out and working hard on the climbing wall back in his teenager days in Mt. Komorebi.

D.J. decides not to approach Anton, but rather wait until school is out and then follow him home to see where he lives. He is guessing somewhere in Moonwood Mill as that is where the werewolf packs are.

dj-10-051.jpg
    dj-10-052.jpg

When school gets out, D.J. follows Anton home. The school bus leads them to Windenburg. Soon, Anton is dropped off. D.J. recognizes where he is at. This is, or was, where Caitlin lived. His first girlfriend he had.

As his memory was resurfacing being with Caitlin, he remembers that name. He remembers Anton. He had gone over to her house to talk. She wasn't in a happy mood. Then a baby started crying and as she was taking care of it, she told D.J. the name of the baby. It was Anton. Caitlin probably wasn't happy about having to take care of a little brother at the time. And that's when things started getting weird between them as well as her parents. They shunned D.J. out of their lives.

D.J. wasn't a spellcaster back then and now he begins to wonder if the Von Haunt family were werewolves the whole time and he couldn't sense it.

dj-10-053.jpg

D.J. transportalates back to his home in Del Sol Valley. He finds Paige and lets her know that he remembered his old flame and she had a little brother named Anton and this must be the werewolf that went after Phoebe.

"I read up on vampires and werewolves. A vampire is the strongest of supernatural beings that can defeat a werewolf. Magic can harm them, but not defeat them. I need to talk to Aaron and Hunter tomorrow. I think if they turn me, I have a small chance of confronting the Von Haunts." D.J. explains to Paige.
    "I'm not sure you should go that route." Paige replies. "There's got to be another way. Being a vampire will mean you'll be dead. Well, undead. But you won't be a living Sim anymore."
    "There's got to be a cure. There's always a cure. A Sage can renounce a spellcaster's abilities. There's kelp to remove merfolk abilities. There's got to be a way for a vampire, too."
    "But what if there isn't?"
    "I'll cross that bridge when I get there."
    "I hope there's a bridge to cross, D.J."

dj-10-054.jpg

Side Note:
    This daily image chapter refers back to February 19: Poking the Bear!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    October 20th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    I'm guessing Adam met Greg? :lol: If only he would join the fight against the vampires. I bet Greg could take them all on.

@Ellupelluellu
    I love that daily image of the theme park at night. Very beautiful.

@SoulGal7
    I messaged you privately about other things, but here's my comments on the daily image.
    I like how you might end up just keeping the baby's gender a secret. It's like we get to create our own ending to Dylan and Morgan. I know I will in my head. I love the daily image of the two. These two will be missed seeing their lives go on together.

@Karababy52
    I loved the little nursery you made. Looks real cute. But, having a toddler toilet in there will make it real stinky if it were real.... ha ha :joy: Your bathroom looks pretty full and cramped the way it is, so I get why it's not in there.

October 21st Comments:

@Karababy52
    TS5 already? Dang. Knew it was coming, but to now hear about it. I didn't watch The Summit recap. Did they explain why they're calling it Project Rene?

Yeah, I assumed to you clicked "Set as Head" and bam! Cale has a new hat. :joy:
    Aww, the nooboo has arrived. I like that name...Colt. I wonder if Colt is going to meet some of his other siblings from another mother. :grin:

@RememberJoy
    That was some battle. I loved the way you set it up and played it out. Really enjoyed Carol being the one to help in the end as well. The Grim Reaper was one busy being for this. :lol:

October 22nd Comments:

@RememberJoy
    lol ... now when he rampages, he goes to Greg's place. Not good, Adam. Not good. At least he's now thinking of finding that cure.

@Karababy52
    I love how Cale is making funny faces to Cole. There's Marley making more songs. Another romantic one?

October 23rd Comments:

@RememberJoy
    I bet that was fun for Adam and Kaori to go down memory lane a bit. And for the kids to see where Adam used to live.

@Karababy52
    I love the background of the northern lights. Very beautiful scenery. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2022
    October - Day 24: "The speed at which children grow up defies the laws of time..."

f2PP7un.png

Notes
    knfkFdM.png
    Colt aged up to a toddler! Isn't he adorable? I'm biased, of course, but just look at that face! He got his Mom's eye and skin color and Cale's hair color. What other features he shares with his parents are hard to tell at the moment. He has the Independent trait.

c7ZhTYo.png
    I told him to play Blick Block on his tablet. He grabbed it and took off outside. Where are you going Colt?

J8StfEN.png
    The lemon tree kind of scared him. I thought his eyes were already big until he got this shocked look on his face.

5lBU4eN.png
    He's headed toward the garden now. Maybe he just wants to sit in the garden to play his game?

UA39zeu.png
    Around the fence to the side yard, Colt gets another scare. I guess to a toddler the dew collector would look very strange and big!

Ri9i9Er.png
    And there he sits, playing his Blick Block facing the wall. I guess the nursery must be too small for him or something. Weird routing fail eh?

QoJLf3X.png
    Because Cale and Marley are vampires, there was no food in the house. They can eat it, they just don't. However, Colt needs human food until he becomes a vampire when he's a teen. Cale whipped up a platter of chicken stir fry for his little guy. I think he likes it.

T8rwuHR.png
    Mr. Independent can go potty all by himself. Good boy, proud of you!

kBSAZvx.png
    Time for a nap! Of course he gets a story from Dad before lights out.

MzdfrYW.png
    "Sweet dreams little guy, Daddy loves you."
    "Wub Dada..." *yawn* Zzzzz...

Kp8OH2E.png
    After Colt woke up from his nap, they all traveled to Magnolia Promenade. Cale and Marley did some fishing, hoping to catch a cowplant berry to grow while Colt watched some toddler videos. I love this fishing spot, it's so pretty.

M6dBCuC.png
    Still no cowplant berry for Cale yet, but he did catch a very nice sturgeon and a Voodoo doll.

UZteEaa.png
    Marley ended up being the one to fish up a cowplant berry! Yay! \o/ Thanks Dear!

PIJr4LT.png
    Back home, she gave it to Cale to plant in the yard. What should he name it? I'm thinking maybe Beast II? Hmm... I guess it really doesn't need a name since it's not sticking around. *cough*

Amv1NIA.png
    I love that tent that came with Dream Home Decorator so much! Colt had a great time in there playing make believe while Daddy had a chat with the cowberry and Mommy continued to write a song. Sure takes a long, long time to write one song. o.O

uw0nZaj.png
    Joel came over to babysit Colt while Cale and Marley went to the Gala to see if Marley won anything for the song she wrote on the piano. I remembered to send them! Go me! hehe

a4AxRxM.png
    "Mama, Dada, bye bye!"

dyhTCkq.png
    "They'll be back soon Colt. Would you like Uncle Joel to play with you?"
    "Pay, pay, pay! yaaaaay!"
    "I'll take that as a yes."

JXZXpcs.png
    When they arrived at the Gala, no one was there yet. Neither one is a celebrity, so I had to teleport them inside.

UwovDvf.png
    They had a chat while waiting for the festivities to start, sitting in the front row. I wonder who else will show up and if Marley, or maybe even Cale will win anything.

VRFx5Bc.png
    Unfortunately, they didn't win anything. The only awards given out were to NPC celebrities despite the fact Adam Lambert, Veera and Judith were all there. Ah well, maybe next time.

7pMOKrg.png
    "Thanks so much for taking care of Colt for us."
    "You're welcome, we had fun."
    "Are you sure you can't stay awhile?"
    "I would, but I promised Jon I'd help him study for an exam. I'm proud of him for taking some courses and want to help him do well."
    "I understand. Give everyone our love."
    "I will. See you again soon!"

qtIFDxL.png
    It was Marley's turn to read Colt to sleep, with Dad sitting with them having a snack.

nNURSzi.png
    After Colt finally fell asleep, the rest of the night was theirs to do whatever they want. Cale had an idea.
    "Would you like to take a soak in the hot tub and relax?"
    "I'd love to."

npIGYfw.png
    Hmm, I think I'll ask Hubby if he wants to get a hot tub, looks very relaxing, don't you think? ;) Alright, let's leave these two alone.

I've downloaded a few houses from the Gallery to check out for next month. Hopefully one of them will work. I'll be placing them and possibly begin renovating one of them tomorrow. Only six more days left in the month!
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    *Updated my October 24th post above! Unfortunately, since it's so late, comments/replies will have to wait until later today some time. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 , thank you for your kind words :)

@Karababy52 , aww Colt is cute <3
    hehe, all the way out there to play :P he is clearly an adventurer too :P
    Bummer that they did not win :( once again im happy about my NO RANDOM mod :P I have so many celebs, game making more as NPC ones, nooo way :P
    Im glad they went to Magnolia Promenade , only fish spot rares are almost 100% certain. I love that tent too, and it fits well in their yard <3

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Oona Med]icci, day 25
    fpmVImI.png

Oonas groundhog day...

Main pic as I loaded her lot, Jon was visiting, and after unpaused, they did homework.. over and over again

I loaded them 11 times total, as I never got cafeteria workers in school.

first I thought it was MOO, as that was used A LOT!!!

But no, ended up being that black cafeteria table does not work, even in vanilla, in my game.

Unfortinately I tried like 1001 other solutions first...

l9ls2TG.png
    YAY! (I use a mod for second worker)

Cafeteria is just what I fast came up with, as I ended up buldozing old one totally , before just trying the color thing.
    Tested in other save and with other school too, same.

No more today, as not well yet, and this made me pretty mad to game for tonight :D

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    hehe Yeah, I love it when parents make goofy faces at their babies, so cute! Yep, I finally caved and sent them to fish there, always guaranteed the best stuff at that fishing spot! It almost feels cheaty it's so good. I love it though for when you just have to have a Dragonfruit, cowplant berry or some quick cash with the Voodoo doll. :)

Very pretty shot of Oona studying. Love that hairstyle! So funny how she went right into the deep of the pond to catch frogs. Smart girl! hehe She finds it fun to do homework? Wow, good for you Oona! Oooo, I love her kitchen! It's so bright and pretty. I keep finding veggies in Cale's household inventory too. I guess the game sometimes does that if it's time to harvest and they're off lot for whatever reason.

Wow, love the view she has from her house in that shot when she's headed to school. Copperdale looks like such a pretty world. Did Beatrix whip out a mirror while talking to Oona? I heard there's some legend/myth students can prank other Sims with that. I guess they can die from it? Hi Mike and Nea! Ugh, such a bummer when that happens with MOO. I love it, but very, very rarely use it on interactive objects. If I do, I playtest it. Well, I playtest all my builds anyway.

I think he turned out so cute! So far a nice combination of his parents. That can change as they grow though so we shall see. At least he got Marley's eyes and skintone! :)

Hey, you could be right! Makes sense since his Daddy was/is quite the adventurer. Yeah, bummer Marley or Cale didn't win, maybe next time. Gah! Yeah, I keep forgetting there's a Mod for that. I need to get it. Thanks for the reminder. :) It is the best fishing spot in the game in my opinion. A lot of other beautiful fishing spots too, but this one has the rares and is beautiful too so it's a win-win there for me. <3 That tent is a must to me now if you have the pack and toddlers/children in the house. Not only are the animations absolutely adorable with it, but their imagination skill skyrockets when they're in there. ;)

Oh! Hello there Jon, lookin' mighty fine Dude! I'm biased, of course, but he sure makes a cute teen! Gah! Bummer about the homework over and over. But, hey, at least Oona got that aspiration milestone goal finished. That's a plus, right? :) Dang, bummer you had to load so many times to find the issue, but glad you finally found the culprit. I could never understand why just a color would break some kind of default function on 'career' lots. It's just bizarre and so frustrating. Especially in your case when you don't feel good on top of it.

I don't blame you for stopping to go do something else. I'd do the same thing and have in the past for the same reasons. Take care of yourself Ellu! *Hugs* <3

@LegacySims2017
    Hello Anton! Wow, he looks very fit! Ah, so he followed him home from school. Interesting he didn't put two and two together once he saw where Anton lives. But I guess, why would he? He still thinks Anton is Caitlin's little brother. Hmm, his deduction about them possibly being werewolves is a good one. They could've been for all he knew.

Ohhh, nice segue into Vampires! I don't blame Paige for being concerned though. DJ is right about a cure, of course, but there is no guarantee for story purposes. :) Good idea referencing DJ's history with Anton's Mom for those who might not have read that chapter.

Glad you like the nursery, thanks! <3 Yeah, small bathroom, no room for the potty. I imagine in real life it would get stinky, and it does in game too. I try to have them clean it right away when that happens though. I thought about putting it right outside the door, but the kitchen is there! o.O hehe So, that was the best place I could find for it. :)

I guess it'll be a few years before TS5, but they did show some very early screenshots of some of the new features. Lyndsey explained the name for the project, it stands for 'refresh' 'renew' etc. It's just a working title for the project. She never said if it would even be called The Sims 5. It might just be something like The Sims, nobody knows yet. But, it is definitely the next iteration of The Sims. :)

hehe Yeah! First time I ever did that by accident. I've used it in the past to give public areas, especially parks, a trash can using that feature. I'd just use T.O.O.L. now to do that. :) It was hilarious though! hehe

Thanks about Colt's name, I like it too! I had a couple options for it. I could've went with names beginning with M for Marley's side of the family theme or tried to combine their names like I did with Essa & Josh's twins, Jessah and Josee. But decided to just go with a name I liked instead.

Extremely likely he will since his Aunt Mallory is a baby Mama with two of Colt's half-brothers. Plus, every time Cale goes anywhere he runs into another baby Mama. Sometimes his children, but not as often.

hehe Yeah, Cale's a fun Dad! Marley's writing a 'relaxing rhythm' this time. Maybe she'll get nominated for this one and she'll win with it this time. We shall see!
  • Options
    October 25th: Last day of vacation

a0jDWhj.png

Today's Accomplishments:
    - Reach level 10 on Mountain Climbing, Snowboarding, and Skiing
    No story today. I spent the day finally maxing out the skills from Snowy Escape. Adam was already on level 8 or 9 for all of them, and I wanted to complete them before the end of the year since he was so close.

Ns4gktI.png
    U5YTJx3.png
    vVbgkVP.png
    BXeUWq1.png
    CnizUvb.png
    8pF2K7Y.png
    9nvz348.png
    KcA8EDl.png
    JE4Bjt0.png
    WlEp6A3.png
    MCl4Wvn.png
    01dpUVj.png
    zGmBMCh.png
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    October - Day 25: "Hazelwood Homestead by Sandysimsss - WIP"

H9LdCMF.png

Notes
    SBjsYGL.png
    Just a shot to give y'all an idea where this lot is located. It's in the Old New Henford neighborhood - 2 Olde Mill Lane. It comes empty by default. You can find this lot on the Gallery here if you want to check it out.

NxcceNZ.png
    Overhead birds-eye view of the entire lot.

KPAcbZ2.png
    First floor - I don't like 'fake' garages, so that car will go and the room will be a gym. I'll probably keep most of the other rooms intact, but renovate for my taste in furnishings/décor.

R32XzXr.png
    Second floor - The two single bedrooms will be made into one big room for Colt. Otherwise rooms will stay as is most likely, but again, I'll renovate everything.

s0Xlwb2.png
    I really like this outdoor dining area which is somewhat custom made. Not sure if I'll keep it though since there's a dining room inside too.

cCn3yVg.png
    It has a rather large, very beautiful pond with two seating areas. This will stay intact for the most part with a few additions.

OhGbDvh.png
    There's a cute little potting shed I didn't notice until I took the previous screenshot.

ZSJYg3R.png
    The only thing in here I'll probably keep is the potting table and add the flower arranging station and woodworking table.

byyMTFD.png
    Garden area - I've deleted all the crops growing and changed a few things around here, but it's not finished so no screenshot yet.

5vL7O2V.png
    Cow/Llama barn and swingset. The picnic area is a cute idea, but I think I'll remove it and put Colt's dollhouse there, or perhaps his tent. I just noticed there is no chicken coop, so I'll be adding one somewhere eventually.

8LcIwpg.png
    Here's my small renovation to the side yard so far. Nothing fancy. I just added some more landscaping, moved the lounge chairs, added a tree stump table and pitcher, plus a hot tub sitting on a platform. I just now noticed a couple windows are broken. Easily fixed, but I don't understand why the game does that. So weird...

QRNBXUY.png
    A couple close-up shots...

OcSDdmQ.png
    sns9QPH.png
    Tomorrow's post might be back to story mode and/or more renovation screenshots. Good night! Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
  • Options
    *Updated my October 25th post above! :)
  • Options
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents

1m-1w-1y-oct11.jpg
    October 11: Once Bitten!

Special Appearances By: Aaron Winterson & Hunter Mulligan ( @afai1261 )
    D.J. didn't know if vampires had day jobs. He knew they slept in coffins. But he wondered if they sleep all day? He transportalated himself to Forgotten Hollow. It was real early, so he figures Yoshi wouldn't be outside yet. He could transportalate into the home but knocks on the door instead. Afterall, Aaron and Hunter are vampires. Who knows what they would do if they thought he was an intruder.

dj-10-055.jpg

The door opens on its own after a little while. No one is at the door. D.J. thinks it must be a vampire sensing thing. Aaron and Hunter must know it's him and used their vampire powers to open the door.

dj-10-056.jpg

D.J. takes this time to return the Vampire book he borrowed.

"I was wondering when you'd return that!" Aaron exclaims to D.J. startling him.
    "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't ask first." D.J. responds.
    "It's okay. You can borrow the second one if you'd like."

dj-10-057.jpg

"I took your advice and went to the high school. Following Anton home jogged my memory a bit. He's a brother of my first girlfriend." D.J. says.
    "Oh?" Aaron asks. "Why would he go after a Sage? And bring your name up along with your child's? Something doesn't add up."
    "I don't get it either. But I want to confront him and his family. I think they all might be werewolves. I want to approach them as a vampire in case something happens. I would have a better chance surviving than if I was a spellcaster."
    "Wouldn't it be easier if myself and Hunter go?" Aaron asks. "I'm not sure you want to become a vampire."
    "It involves my family. I want to do this. Once I know my family is safe, I'll find a cure and not be a vampire anymore. I did it as a merman."
    "It's not that easy, D.J. You can't just whip up a cure. No one even knows if there is one. Once bitten, you lose your life. Literally. Hunter tried to talk me out of it. But I wanted to be with him forever. I didn't want to grow old and watch him stay the way he is. This is more than likely what will happen to you. You'll have to watch your wife and kids grow old. And they watch you stay how you are."
    "I'm not going to worry about that right now. My priority is keeping my family safe. If that means fighting a werewolf as a vampire, that is what I am going to do."
    "I'm not so keen on being the one to turn you."
    "Maybe Hunter will."

dj-10-058.jpg

Angrily, Aaron replies, "Or maybe I'll tell him not to. That was rude of you to say what you just did to me!"

dj-10-059.jpg

"I'm sorry. You're right." D.J. apologizes. "I just want to figure out what in the world is going on."
    "And I want to help." Aaron responds. "If you really want to become a vampire and willing to accept all the consequences that come with it, I will turn you. It's a hard beginning when first turned. I recommend you live here in Forgotten Hollow until you can control your vampire side. Go home and talk to your family. Make sure this is something you really want to do."

dj-10-060.jpg

D.J. has already made up his mind, but he transportalates back home. He tells Paige about his plans. She's reluctant but knows D.J. will go ahead and do it anyway, so she supports him. D.J. tells Hero and Novella he is going to take a small trip and doesn't know when he'll return home. He tells his kids to follow mom's rules and maybe he'll come home with presents.

dj-10-061.jpg

That evening, D.J. meets up with Aaron and Hunter at their place once again.

"There's no going back if you do this?" Hunter reminds D.J.
    "I know. But this is something I need to do." D.J. responds.

dj-10-062.jpg

"This is going to hurt a little or a lot." Aaron says.

Aaron puts D.J. in a trance.

dj-10-063.jpg

Aaron grabs the side of D.J.'s neck and sinks his teeth into it. Hunter watches on and cannot believe D.J. actually went through with it. There was no stopping D.J. now from turning into a vampire.

dj-10-064.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 , oh, things getting more exiting, I hope D.J can deal vampirism well and finds some answers!

@Karababy52 , adorable lot! I love the tub area :) It is so interesting how in these challenges we learn about our playstyles, like I almost never use hot tub, you have it always <3 Haha I still remember some comments I got for Melody, and that they almost never woohooed :D but they got all those kids anyway, so they did it at some point xd

• Options
    October 26th: Pax's first sleep over

pdMSxMt.png
    Today I worked on Pax's aspiration, Social Butterfly, and one of the goals require him to be friends with three kids, so I threw him a sleepover with Alina, Cole, and Gage (Sofia's son).

Cole arrived feeling a little angry...
    KKwNXg8.png

But Pax helped him calm down successfully.
    Z9tVefU.png

They played together on the monkey bars...
    V4DMT5m.png

before Gage arrived and they took things indoors.
    yexTYGf.png

After some pizza, Kaori lit the campfire and the kids went outside to enjoy some s'mores.
    iMYNBqb.png

Adam went out a little later and regaled them with a scary story...
    lUK4vo4.png

before saying goodnight and sending them off to bed.
    sm5ag18.png

And yes, Pax is now friends with all three!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    October - Day 26: "Relax, take it easy, be positive and enjoy the moment..."

W6gJ7xq.png

Notes
    sG1WI66.png
    Alright well there goes that theory. The hydroponic planters don't help to keep the plants from reverting to dirt piles. Cale's garden was thriving when I closed the game yesterday. But when I opened the save tonight, three plants were dirt piles, two were blossoming as expected and the other eight had reverted to first growth stage instead of mature plants. *sigh*

wqC5zKs.png
    Colt is having a chat with Blarfy in hopes the bear will be his friend.

zTRyqQe.png
    Cale wandered over to the punching bag in the side yard to do some commando training.

anBelfw.png
    (Hmm, something's not right here.)
    It's a baby cowplant, it's supposed to look like that.
    (I know, but it's facing backwards. I planted it the other way.)
    Are you sure?
    (Well...no.)
    No biggie everyone makes mistakes. Probably better facing the patio anyway, that way you can better see when it's... hungry. *shivers*

dIeeJvH.png
    Colt and Blarfy are now the best of friends. He's daydreaming in the tent now. I wonder what about. Living on a farm perhaps?

LmXTFHz.png
    He had an option to 'play in' the plants so I sent him over there to see what that looks like. Apparently he's digging in the dirt. Careful Colt, Daddy wouldn't like it very much if you hurt that plant.
    (I lookin' fer treasure.)

TPIkTBT.png
    (Wha dis?)
    A trowel, to dig in the dirt.

efK6f1p.png
    (I don nee it! Got hans!)

He tossed the garden implement over his shoulder and walked over to the lemon tree.

Kvf9YEM.png
    (You sooooo big, an memenade tas good! You not scary. Yummy!)

iN3uYTn.png
    Cale got the mail and checked on the results of the most recent and last NAP vote.

175JvAm.png
    Here's the final four NAPs for their neighborhood thanks to Cale. He had SO many influence points, nobody could out vote him.

1Qojyat.png
    Besides the daily fan mail from StrangerVille for Cale, Colt received 9 presents for his birthday. Wow! The most any of my other Sims get as birthday presents is from one or two people. I guess it pays to have so many half siblings eh? He already had the blocks, of course, and the kitty.

RVhIjBQ.png
    I don't think Colt is too pleased with Daddy watching him do his business. Especially while having a snack. A snack that he Colt is forbidden to drink. Don't worry little man, you'll have so many when you grow up, you'll probably get sick of them.

DrqVXhx.png
    Unfortunately, Colt was so distracted having Cale watching him, he had an accident. Awww... I didn't think a toddler could hold that much inside. Look how far it flooded. o.O hehe

GeJjPdE.png
    "I sowwy Da-ee. I try d-did."

PekvmcM.png
    "Aww Colt, I know. Don't worry my little man. Everyone has accidents. It's okay."
    "Wub you Da-ee."
    "I love you too Colt."

8k3Q1tq.png
    Marley has been working diligently to finish her song on the guitar all this time. She finally did it! She named the relaxing rhythm, 'Run Little Colt.'

xJYEBqx.png
    Mailed for licensing, she didn't get a notice of a nomination this time. Oh well...

acTVGhQ.png
    Marley and Cale put Colt to bed for the night and went out to the living room to relax and get in some cuddle time. There is something about this screenshot that made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my computer chair. Let me know if you see what I saw. hehe

I'll give you a hint - "Now Kiss!"

BgnRBLm.png
    I left Cale and his family for the night and went back to Old New Henford to work on their new home for next month. I think I'm finished with the renovation on Colt's new bedroom. He'll age up to a child when they move there, so I designed it appropriately. It has a woodland creatures kind of vibe.

I figured by this time Colt would love all things nature, just like his Dad.

AlLJ5kM.png
    He has quite a collection of gnomes scattered around the room too. He loves them!

9kXbLeD.png
    Closer view of the left side of the room. Notice the dresser top?

YkIHoMN.png
    I had so much fun arranging these two gnomes, cat, bunny and a ladybug there. I also had a debug mushroom shading the ladybug, but it didn't look quite right sized down so removed it.

ktbLjV6.png
    Right side view of the room with more gnomes, an activities table, desk/computer and a violin. Colt will develop an artistic side and a love of music as well. Bums me out that corner is so dark just because I sized down the leaf curtain. Why do some objects' shadow glitch out when sized down? Ugh. Tried putting a string of lights to brighten it up, but it didn't work. Turns out those are purely decoration, they don't give off any 'real' light. Oh well, I still think it looks pretty.

9gbWw8O.png
    I wasn't sure what to put above the bed, but remembered Colt needed that nightlight and added that leaf print from the Tiny Living pack. Blarfy inspired me to make the light red, which resulted in other pops of red here and there in the room.

trrDBQl.png
    The mushroom stool and the sunflower gnome were inspiration for the red as well. Notice the leaf pattern in the largest print in that grouping on the wall? It's the same leaf shape as the print above the bed. I never noticed that before.

That's it for Colt's bedroom renovation. I might tweak it a little, perhaps swap out the bed for a fabricated one Cale made. Depends on how close the colors match. But I'm quite satisfied with how it looks now. :)
  • Options
    *Updated my October 26th post above! Comments/replies coming up next. I hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017
    Oh man, Aaron looks SO scary as a vampire! o.O But...where's his fangs? :p

Good explanation for the doors just opening on their own. It's a vampire thing. ;) Nice of Aaron to let DJ borrow the next vampire book. Whoa! Didn't expect Aaron to get so angry when DJ said he'd just ask Hunter if he wouldn't turn him. Aaron was just trying to explain it's a huge life-changing experience and make sure it's what DJ wanted. I guess I can see why he might get upset though once he explained it.

I knew he'd do it anyway, especially with how DJ was so determined to go through with it. I knew Paige would support him too, of course. Oh boy, here we go. It'll be interesting to read how DJ handles being a vampire. I hope he finds the answers he needs and doesn't end up harming his own son. o.O

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks, I love how it turned out too! It is interesting eh? Essa and Josh always had one too. I don't know why I love them so much. I guess maybe being a hopeful romantic helps with that? I don't know. They just seem so romantic and I love trying to make the area around them look pretty too. hehe Oh yeah, I remember that about Melody and Malcom. We all wondered if they would ever woohoo at first. hehe :)
  • Options
    @RememberJoy , lovely time around the bonfire <3

@Karababy52 , aww how super duper cute dialogs on Colt <3<3

• Options
    October 24th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    That duck looks in shock wondering what Oona is doing! :lol: I hope she caught a frog or two. I like the pink and blue look of the kitchen. Hopefully Oona will have a better restart of her school day after you feel better to play more.

@RememberJoy
    Maybe it was a new meditation move with Adam's arm while he waited?! :lol: What a fun mountain excursion with the three. I hope Gael had fun. Seems like he did at the end in the cave and then finding them forest spirits at the top of the mountain. Pretty neat.

@Karababy52
    Aww, Colt is very cute as a toddler. I do like the hairstyle. Was a very odd place to take a tablet to play a game. :lol: But Colt will be Colt. Finally, the cowplant berry. Yay, Marley. Her song has to be perfect to write. She wants to win an award for it. :tongue: Too bad neither of them one anything this go around. Hopefully Marley will eventually win something for her song writing.

October 25h Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Wow, poor kids having to do homework over and over and over again. :joy: Glad you got your cafeteria working how you wanted it to in the end.

Get well, soon!

@Karababy52
    Yeah, Anton was fit from the get-go when he aged up. Maybe it was the genes from his dad. :grin:

I guess when Colt ages up to Child, the toddler potty gets to disappear. Then less stinky in the room. You know, I never even figured out now til you said something that you use the same first letter from either the child's father or mother. Ha, ha.
    Wow, that's a pretty Lot for Henford-on-Bagley. Cale, Marley, and Colt will have fun there. Hopefully The Sims 4 will have drivable cars so there doesn't have to be fake garages. I loved that portion in The Sims 3 when "traveling".

@RememberJoy
    Going to be fun seeing Adam as a Super Sim at the end of the year with a bunched of maxed out skills.

October 26th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    D.J. will have an interesting experience as a vampire, that is for sure.

@RememberJoy
    That looked like a really fun sleepover for Pax and friends. :smile:

@Karababy52
    That is such a weird glitch in your game save with those plants. "Oh, Colt. I bet Blarfy will be your bestie." Wow, lots of presents for Colt. I bet he was happy. I mean, Colt is Independant. Daddy Cale should have let Colt do his business in private. :lol:

That house is coming along in Henford. Looks very cozy. Can't wait for them to raise some animals as well.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Table of Contents

1m-1w-1y-oct12.jpg
    October 12: New Home!

dj-10-065.jpg
    dj-10-066.jpg
    dj-10-067.jpg
    dj-10-068.jpg
    dj-10-069.jpg
    dj-10-070.jpg
    dj-10-071.jpg
    dj-10-072.jpg
    dj-10-073.jpg
    dj-10-074.jpg
    dj-10-075.jpg
    dj-10-076.jpg
    dj-10-077.jpg
    dj-10-078.jpg

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. I did add images of D.J.'s new place in Forgotten Hollow. It's a download as I don't have time create builds right now.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    October 27th: Greg crosses a line

Today's Accomplishment:
    Lone Wolf
    - Defeat Greg

qmsnLB1.png
    So I'd given it a lot of thought, but that morning I finally made up my mind.

It was time to leave the Moonwood Collective.

I jogged over to headquarters where I found Kristopher leaning against the tree enjoying the pleasant morning.

When I told him I was leaving he seemed to understand, although he did look a little disappointed to be losing a pack member.

nEAKFsc.png

"Can I ask why?" he said, looking concerned, "It's not because I didn't want to help you out, is it?"

"No," I said with a sigh, "I'm just growing tired of being a werewolf and I'd like to put all of my energy into finding a cure, I hope you understand."

He nodded, looking thoughtful.

"There's a rumor that such a cure exists, but I'm afraid I don't know exactly what goes into it. The knowledge was lost a century ago, but what I've heard is that one of the ingredients needed is a Moonpetal. It's a flower that only blooms under a full moon, and only on top Howling Point," he gestured towards the small mountain that rose above the nearby lake. "I actually have a couple flowers in our reserves here. I'd be happy to give them to you if you'd like."

I thanked him and he went and retrieved the flowers. When he handed them over I tucked them away and told him that I'd always remain a friend of the Moonwood Collective, and would continue to stop by every now and then to keep him updated on my progress.

fjIvgqq.png

As I slowly walked home thinking about what Kristopher had just told me, I heard a panicked scream in the distance.

My heart stopped. That sounded like Mira!

With adrenaline giving me a burst of speed, I raced to where I'd heard the scream and found Mira desperately trying to fight off a werewolf.

H77IZpM.png

Greg!

iBlS232.png
    5xY6nVk.png

I snarled, my protective instincts kicking in, and without hesitation I transformed into my wolf form and tackled Greg.

ed2Mpqi.png

Our battle raged more fiercely than any from previous times, each of us getting in a good blow here and there. When I finally got the upper-hand, I used my momentum to send Greg flying!

GGkaNdy.png

He landed with a thud on the ground, and I howled in victory.

rsOsOR9.png

"Don't touch my sister!" I growled, and he whimpered and scuttled away with his tail between his legs.

Mira! I looked around but she was nowhere to be seen, so I took off back towards home to find her. I caught up to her halfway back to our house, and she seemed dazed and a bit bruised.

PGONHcs.png

"Are you alright?" I asked, checking her over. "What happened?"

"Oh Adam," Mira sobbed, "I was bored, so I decided to explore the area. I saw the old trailer and knocked on the door to see who lived there. He came out and snarled at me, I tried to run away, but he chased me down and, and..."

She sobbed again and I pulled her into a hug.

F51ro68.png

"I took care of him for you," I said, internally kicking myself for not warning my family about Greg sooner. "but we should stay away from him from now on, OK?"

She nodded, and I gently guided her back home to put her to bed to sleep off her fight.

This just cemented my resolve to find a cure and move somewhere better suited for a family. It was time to buckled down and do some research.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    October - Day 27: "Some days are simply meant for playing..."

rt18Cta.png

Notes
    IDHhd9G.png
    The garden was fine this time when I loaded up the challenge save. So strange how the bug is so random in that way. Another annoyance is the fact Wants & Fears do not stay turned off if you elect to do that. Every single time I load a save, or encounter a loading screen, the Wants & Fears turn themselves back on. I know how to fix it, but it's frustrating.

I love the concept, but I think they are badly in need of an update/tuning as well. For instance, out of curiosity, I sometimes look at their Wants. Usually it's something as simple as 'listen to METAL' in Cale's case, or 'play the guitar' for Marley. However this time, Marley had a want which symbolizes just how messed up this system is in my opinion. She had a want to flirt with Joel. Cale's best friend and honorary brother. Why? From being acquaintances. What? That makes absolutely no sense.

I have Marley set so she's not romantically experimenting, meaning she already knows her identity and is currently in a romantic relationship and isn't looking for anyone else. She's in love with and committed to Cale. There is no way Marley would want to flirt with Joel. None! *sigh*

Lf6Uh4w.png
    While Colt slept, Marley played some chess in hopes of increasing her Logic skills.

d3Znam0.png
    Cale was currently competing in a professional video games tournament playing Sims Scuffle.

rUzndsD.png
    That is until the laptop broke and gave him a blue screen of death. He's none too pleased as you can imagine. He's wealthy so I replaced it rather than have him repair it himself.

zfLQWKF.png
    He re-entered the tournament, but to add insult to injury, he lost.

EWbrBh0.png
    To make himself feel better he went online again and trolled some forums. That always cheers him right up! Look at that face! hehe

a0hxx6v.png
    Colt woke up a little later in need of a bath. Daddy was elected to do the honors. Why is he wearing slippers? I didn't give him those, the game did. Oh sure game, all little kids wear slippers in the bathtub in case their feet get cold, right? *rolls eyes again*

meknGf6.png
    I love it when anyone bathes toddlers, it's just such an adorable animation.

8AGPvxn.png
    "Ooo, han so keen!"

1rz36xr.png
    "Would you like to play with Daddy?"
    "Yeah, yeah, yeah, pay, pay, pay!!"

pIaQVQf.png
    Weeeeee! Here we go!

I3V5Ff0.png
    "Where'd he go? Where's Colt? He was just here a second ago."
    *snicker* *giggle giggle*
    "I here Da-ee!"

aaspk1v.png
    *gasp* "Who said that?"
    "Me, me, me! Coat!"
    "There you are!"

EXVT6Ym.png
    "Coat fyin' Da-ee, I fy allll da way to da mooooon! Zoom Zoom!"

JhI28ob.png
    I left the family for the night and headed over to work on their house in HoB again. I really like this outdoor dining area.

AaFu4lT.png
    It has a fireplace, a support for hanging flowers and a light, plus the dining set in the middle.

Ox9ES0v.png
    On the other side is a collection of plants. There's only one potential problem.

j3qggGg.png
    There is already a dining area right next to the kitchen inside.

Czj52tY.png
    Plus, another gorgeous seating area/deck outside. The creator of this lot did an amazing landscaping job here. Actually, all the landscaping is stunning in my opinion.

LNWry9Q.png
    But it's right next to the dining area. How much seating do they need? It's just the three of them. I guess if they ever had a party, there would be plenty of seating. There's no grill or anything though. I'm not sure if I'll keep the dining area. If I do, I'll probably get rid of the roof, put a smaller table/chairs out there with a grill, maybe a bar and get rid of the fireplace. It's cool having one out there, but there's already a fireplace in almost every room inside as well. Eh, maybe I'll just keep all of it with some tweaks. We'll see...

aRapE2v.png
    Renovated the garage for the tiny gym I'd planned to put in there. Don't ask me why I put up mirrors. They're vampires! hehe It's simple, but I like it.

C6no2Ct.png
    Lastly, as evidenced by the daily post pic, I created an area for a chicken coop. It's right next to the cow/llama barn. I like how it's a bit hidden, surrounded by trees. You can't even see it from the front of the house, that flowering tree blocks it from view. That's all I did tonight for this update.
  • Options
    Table of Contents

1m-1w-1y-oct13.jpg
    October 13: Transformation!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. D.J. finally transforms into a vampire.

dj-10-079.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    *Updated my October 27th post above! Comments/replies coming up next. I hope y'all had a great day/night! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top