Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hoping For A Sims Medieval 2

Comments

• canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I think it should be expansion pack for a mainline Sims game. It could be like Into the Future, just reversed. TSM was okay, but it wasn't a very strong Sims game or RPG.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Beige.
    I just recently started playing this game so it might be too early for a yes or no from me. I like the old game a lot, and even if it was pimped I'd probably just play the old. I actually find it quite relaxing that I don't need to (can) adjust too much. I don't need to repaint the exterior and I'm fine with upgrading the interior without even being able to adjust the floor plan. I fancy the dolls house approach with just one wall removed.

I also like that I don't really need to care much about skills. In my TS4 I want to have skills, but they take lots of my focus, and in TSM I can focus on other stuff.

What I would like to see adjusted is access to more household members. At least the spouse. I don't care if spouse is hardly at home, but I so often miss a simple way to bring him/her home. I'm fine with not controlling the kids. I'd also want a better way to age up kids, but I understand the chosen one will grow up if child of dead Hero. It will feel weird if siblings stay kids forever. I already sent a child to "servant the Watcher" or whatever it said, and that kid has been showing up in the village later, not just letters/money in the mailbox. Will the kid stay a child also during next generation Hero, and the next?

I also would like to know if two Heros dies, will two of their children replace them, or will only the first Hero be replaced by kid and the others sent away? And what if the Hero replacement A dies, will A be replaced by the sibling B or only by A's own kids? Some things are good to know without needing to experiment with unsaved game.

So - administrating the households would be my biggest issue with TSM, I guess that could be added through a "refreshment" if not a remake.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes, I'd love a Sims Medieval 2!
    Yes - BUT, please let us build our own kingdom. I'd also love horses, and dragons.
  • wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    Yes, I'd love a Sims Medieval 2! AND Sims Mediveal 1 digital copy should go on sale!
    Sims Medieval was my favorite spin-off and I still play it every once in a while! I feel like if they did a 2, theres so many things they could change and add to make it even better than the first one. I've done historical saves in my game before, but there was just something nice about having a medieval game separate from everything else, you know? I also think that it'd be great to have a game set in another time period, if people didn't want another Medieval.
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Beige.
    I am completely ambivalent when it comes to The Sims Medieval, not that I dislike the idea.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Yes, I'd love a Sims Medieval 2! AND Sims Mediveal 1 digital copy should go on sale!
    Sims Medieval was my favorite spin-off and I still play it every once in a while! I feel like if they did a 2, theres so many things they could change and add to make it even better than the first one. I've done historical saves in my game before, but there was just something nice about having a medieval game separate from everything else, you know? I also think that it'd be great to have a game set in another time period, if people didn't want another Medieval.

Yep, I agree. I think having another spin-off game set in another period would be fun too. Or an entire spin-off for a scifi/aliens setting? It could still have dragons, maybe even a Mecha Godzilla kind of pet...)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »
    I think it should be expansion pack for a mainline Sims game. It could be like Into the Future, just reversed. TSM was okay, but it wasn't a very strong Sims game or RPG.

To my understanding, that is pretty much how The Sims Medieval began development - as an Expansion Pack for TS3. But the project expanded until it was spun off as its own thing. Unused assets got repurposed for Dragon Valley and the Duke of Bows Renaissance Festival, later in the TS3 lifespan.

I am not sure a TSM built on TS4's software architecture would tickle me or not. I do still play the old game, from time to time.
  • SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    I never played TSM, but I've watched some gameplay videos and love making medieval builds in TS4. What I think would be especially awesome in a modern TSM would be to have different worlds based on different time periods or cultures. Don't just stick to medieval. Give us an ancient Roman world, an early medieval Norse world, a high medieval French world, a world set in the medieval Middle East, etc. Let us tell all kinds of historical stories instead of just one.
  • AeroFunk1021AeroFunk1021 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love for them to make a sequel but I can't imagine they will, unfortunately. This game didn't do that well, and since it only ever got one expansion before they stopped working on it, they'll likely focus all their time on The Sims 4 and (eventually) 5. However; I'm one of the few that LOVES this game. While it's not The Sims, and many feel it's just slow and boring... I think if they did it right... Sims Medieval 2 COULD be really good. Assuming they listen to their fans (which we all know Maxis isn't amazing at doing) LOL

For me... I would love to see a faster way to travel (horseback, maybe even running or jogging). The slow walk around the kingdom is really annoying, and while you can fast forward... that's fine, but time is still not on your side. I'd like to get places faster without fast forwarding so I have more time in my day to do things. Sometimes walking to the village for supplies is an event in itself.

I'd also like to see more needs to take care of. I really dislike how we only have Hunger and Energy, and everything else is just tied to focus. Plus more family and quests to control multiple Sims. This game has such a SLOW start. Individual quests where you just control ONE Sim gets boring quickly. If they could just have a family right away, or all quests had you control multiple heroes... that would have made this game so much better.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Beige.
    I like Sims Medieval, which is why I couldn't fathom EA making a Medieval 2 and not making a plum pudding out of it.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I like Sims Medieval, which is why I couldn't fathom EA making a Medieval 2 and not making a plum pudding out of it.

I see your point. There's no way they wouldn't try to make it TS4 but medieval or something. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited March 2022
    I believed you could play as other things beside the monarch? The other heros sims beside the monarch you can play as: the knight, the healer, a merchant, a blacksmith a bard, a spy, a wizard/Sorceress and either of the two priests.

But I think they could have turned it into more of a life-simulator. Like when healer's, Merchants' or blacksmith's children (like male children if the sim is male unless you change the rules) are child-age they can be apprentice to another smithery or merchant or healer in town. And knights (depending on how the kingdom is run) can send their of-age children to learn to be a page, then a squire then a knight. And I think a medieval life-sim spin off would be the only reasonable excuse for them to put arranged marriage in the game. (note: only children and up can be bethrothed)

of course the way that the rules would be set would be how you set it up.. if you want female children to become knights and others you go!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    I like just sticking to the sim medieval, but I would still give the second one a chance if they made a sims medieval 2.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Babygirl_24Babygirl_24 Posts: 3 New Member
    Me personally I would like to see all of the older gameplay and packs on the newer since like The Sims 4 and like The Sims 5 whenever it comes out but I feel like it'd be really good to see all of the other gaming options that we had in the current ones
  • BuildModeBuildMode Posts: 23 Member
    I love the idea behind The Sims Medieval, but the gameplay left... a lot to be desired. If there was a sequel, I'd like to be given a little bit more creative control. And dragons.
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    I hope it doesnt count as necroposting but yeah, I would LOVE to see Sims Medieval spinoff.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I still want a new Sims Medieval. :p
  • LmBO61LmBO61 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love Sims Medieval and I will play it when I'm in more of a 'questy" mood. I do like changing the backgrounds and such, but it would be cool to have more ability to modify buildings and such. But I'd be fine if it came with more characters and more ability to mod them and more lands to interact with.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    Would love this! Especially if they added more elements from the main series such as actual building of homes, families and public lots.
  • SPPNZSPPNZ Posts: 11 New Member
    I love the medieval sims and having quests to accomplish. kind of like scenarios in sims4.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    I only played the first one a handful of times, but i do enjoy the game! it would definitely be cool to get an updated version with a 3D map!
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the original Sims Medieval going on sale, because you can still buy it on both EA App and Origin. But I do hope the original never gets discontinued!

Also, in terms of a remake, rather than another spin-off game, I'd like it to be an Expansion for Sims 4. I already have so many mods and cc to create my fantasy save file and remake my D&D characters, I'd love to just add onto that with an official expansion filled with tons of Medieval stuff! And then be able to use cc converts from the previous Sims Medieval alongside them~

I know a lot of people would prefer things like StrangerVille and Journey to Batuu to have been stand-alone spin-off games, but I'm in the minority and actually prefer them being add-ons to the main game. I only have like 3 save files I play, though, so I don't have the issue of these storylines invading gameplay of multiple new saves.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited January 2023
    If sims medieval 2 were a thing; I suggest that each world for DLC would be another kingdom, also they can add a DLC for adding in diplomacy so kingdoms can make alliances and declare war on each other, also there can be a Dragons DLC which allows dragons to invade kingdoms; adding some extra drama to the fun. just imagine playing a black smith or something and doing you job then suddenly your kingdom is under attack by another kingdom or a dragon, the fun it would be to see stuff happen, many sims deaths if such a thing were to happen. :D !!!

I can see a DLC that can add in vampires and mages such as Necromancer and Monsters, imagine monster invasions or a undead invasion by a necromancers undead army. Then there is bandit invasions as well, then you can go and hunt em all down by notice board mercenary quests or if your a royal; you hire men to go after em.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention that the game should also have optional story progression.
    *Love simulated ai*
    I wish there was more games with it.
    Only the Sims and Dwarf Fortress has it. (Dwarf fortress' simulated ai is something like story progression, but it's on steroids; holy carp!)
    I wish games like skyrim had story progression, the NPC's would be more alive and less static!
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • PollyPoiratePollyPoirate Posts: 1 New Member
    Still would love a Sims Medieval 2 even though i doubt there will ever be one considering there's no obvious market for it, and they'd likely need a vastly different game design crew to both keep the main games updating, but also achieve a satisfying product in the sims medieval-genre.
    Here's to hoping something similar from an indie studio will come around and save me.
  • Alpi423Alpi423 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm aware that it's really unlikely to happen, but I had a lot of fun with the first one and would love a sequel!! I'd just hope they'd actually overwork some things to be a bit more current, less repetitive, and more customizable. I think the ability to build your own buildings (which a bunch of people here have already mentioned) would be amazing.