Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I sometimes feeling where I live is a bit of extreme tourism😄. Recently I heard a brouhaha outside, men fighting, and when it didn't die down and seemed to be right outside my door, I went to investigate and there were Ike 8 people 5 feet from my door, 2 of them on the ground and another coming with a shovel he had grabbed from the ground after one of them on the ground had come at him with a garden rake. Someone was screaming death threats and another was holding him back.

When the one nearest me dropped the shovel I grabbed it and threw it out of reach. By then the whole neighborhood had come to watch.

One of them was talking smack and another tried to get me involved and I said I wasn't getting into the middle of it and went back inside, seeing as how the imminent violence or threat of it was over.

Some time later my house was lined in police vans and everything was quiet thereafter.

Today as I was fixing a bent bit of door flashing, kids were biking up and down the street and one of them asked if I had won the fight.

That made me laugh, wonder how he got the idea I was even involved?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is your favorite kind of technology?

The internet, of course! I love how I can connect with people from around the world. Honestly, I'd feel so lonely if I didn't have it.

I sometimes feeling where I live is a bit of extreme tourism😄. Recently I heard a brouhaha outside, men fighting, and when it didn't die down and seemed to be right outside my door, I went to investigate and there were Ike 8 people 5 feet from my door, 2 of them on the ground and another coming with a shovel he had grabbed from the ground after one of them on the ground had come at him with a garden rake. Someone was screaming death threats and another was holding him back.

When the one nearest me dropped the shovel I grabbed it and threw it out of reach. By then the whole neighborhood had come to watch.

One of them was talking smack and another tried to get me involved and I said I wasn't getting into the middle of it and went back inside, seeing as how the imminent violence or threat of it was over.

Some time later my house was lined in police vans and everything was quiet thereafter.

Today as I was fixing a bent bit of door flashing, kids were biking up and down the street and one of them asked if I had won the fight.

Dang, that's crazy. :O
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited October 2022
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

The internet, of course! I love how I can connect with people from around the world. Honestly, I'd feel so lonely if I didn't have it.

Dang, that's crazy. :O

It is. Usually when fights break out on the street, it's a domestic dispute, usually relationship issues, very often a guy and a girl, sometimes two girls over a guy, and so on.

Those are disturbing and I have been known to call the police if I hear or see something serious.

But this was a territorial dispute and those seem to be more dangerous than relationship ones. At least there weren't guns or knives.

I have this dream of building a hunting cabin in the woods, and then outfitting it for year-round habitation and maybe moving there one of these days. But emigrating entirely might be the better choice, the US has gone crackers.

Eta I forgot to answer the daily qq:

Favorite tech would be end-to-end encryption. People don't realize how important a free internet is to political freedoms until they lose it and then can't get it back short of lots of bloodshed.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

-

Music streaming. I always have music on. I listen to Spotify at home, and usually have SiriusXM on in the car.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Have you ever seen a UFO in real life?

Nope. That would be cool tho. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited October 2022

Blimey, that sounds terrifying. :#
    Today's Q Q is:

Hmm, it's probably easier to list my least favourite technologies. For favourites, I think I'd have to pick medical scanning technology such as X Rays, Ultrasound, etc just because of the amount of lives they help.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Have you ever seen a UFO in real life?

Nope. That would be cool tho. XD

I have not but would love to (providing it was a friendly one).
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm Robin Hood.

279087_1665786473_a148fe1e-69be-4c59-b1c9-d900746e6eb8.jpg

Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally This autumn, you are going to be quite the troublemaker. Maybe you'll refuse to rake the leaves, maybe you'll take a hike and decide to live in the woods forever. Whatever you do, it's for someone else or in spite of another. No matter how cold the fall gets, though, your warm heart will keep everyone around you in high spirits. And steal from the rich!!!!

LOL, watch out!!! :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm Robin Hood.

Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally This autumn, you are going to be quite the troublemaker. Maybe you'll refuse to rake the leaves, maybe you'll take a hike and decide to live in the woods forever. Whatever you do, it's for someone else or in spite of another. No matter how cold the fall gets, though, your warm heart will keep everyone around you in high spirits. And steal from the rich!!!!

Ginger

Flip, flap, fly! This autumn, you’re looking for something cozy. Whether it be knitting by the fire, slow dancing, or writing a book, it’s about time you relax! Enjoy the peace of the season (but it’s okay to go wild now and then, too).
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm Robin Hood.

I got:
    Winnie the Pooh
    You silly ol' bear! This autumn, you want to relax in the company of those who you love and love you in return. You're a little scared of change, perhaps, but you have adventure in your heart. Remember: you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm Industrious.
    The phrase "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" certainly connects with you. You're the type of person who has a plan and won't rest until they see it through. You're going to rule the world one day.

Yo, why is this accurate tho, except for the ruling the world part. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited October 2022
    AprilS wrote: »
    I'm Angsty lol 🤣

Angsty
    You're the kind of person who's never really fit in with the crowd. Nobody "gets" you, and you'd prefer to spend your time alone in your room listening to your favorite songs. Still, you're as cool as they come.

Its actually 100% accurate 😂

No way you're angsty. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm Industrious.
    The phrase "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" certainly connects with you. You're the type of person who has a plan and won't rest until they see it through. You're going to rule the world one day.

Yo, why is this accurate tho, except for the ruling the world part. XD

I got Angsty too.

How could they make me choose between chocolate brownies, chocolate cake, truffles and hot chocolate?! I would have chosen them all. 😋
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,663 Member
    I got Nostalgic

You're a warm and fuzzy sort of person. You often find yourself living in the past and romanticizing things that have already happened. You're the personification of a warm and breezy spring day.

That’s mostly right. I live in the past and present and romanticize everything. I am a hopeless romantic and a dreamer.😁

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    I also got Angsty. Yeah, they knew they’d trigger us with that chocolate choice. 🤣
    I thought the chocolate one was pretty straight forward. XD I picked brownies.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    What's the best place to watch the leaves change color where you live? Share a pic if you could!! :)

Me:
    4ea.jpg
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I'll have to do this from a pc, so I can show pics, as people travel here to witness the peak foliage and we had a marvelous season for it this time. The camera doesn't do it justice. I took some pics last week, will habe to share one soon.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited October 2022
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather eat 6 fish eyeballs (boiled) or eat a tarantula (fried)? Assuming no other flavored was added. 😂

I've seen videos of people eating tarantula and it doesn't seem pleasant. So I'mma go with eyeballs. Plus I'm sure I've eaten that before. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited October 2022
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather eat 6 fish eyeballs (boiled) or eat a tarantula (fried)? Assuming no other flavored was added. 😂

I've seen videos of people eating tarantula and it doesn't seem pleasant. So I'mma go with eyeballs. Plus I'm sure I've eaten that before. LOL.

I think I'd go for the tarantula, as I'd much prefer a crunchy, fried texture to a gooey eyeball. Am now picturing a film/TV spooky trope of someone eating a soup then some eyeballs bob up on the surface to look at them. 😈😄

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top