Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't Download Sims 3 DLCs on EA APP

Hello, I have this problem, I installed the new EA App, and downloaded the Sims 3 base game, and then I tried to download the DLCs but they can't be downloaded, it appears a message that says "something went haywire, an unknown error occurred, restart the EA app and try again, or reach out our support team for help". I click retry and the same message appears, so I uninstalled sims 3, uninstalled and installed again the app, restarted my pc, but it happens the same problem, the sims 3 base game downloads, but its dlcs don't. Previously I always used the Origin App and it never happened, this problem seems to be only on the new EA App, I leave a screenshot below. Someone else has this problem, can someone please help me out?
[img][/img]2ayaCbH.png

Comments

• xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I’m having this issue too which sucks because I finally got a computer capable of running the sims 3 😭
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    xLunaSimsx wrote: »
    I’m having this issue too which sucks because I finally got a computer capable of running the sims 3 😭

I know, it sucks :'( , I really want to play Sims 3 too, I really wish they fix it soon
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Hauk150 wrote: »
    xLunaSimsx wrote: »

I know, it sucks :'( , I really want to play Sims 3 too, I really wish they fix it soon

Yeah I've seen quite the amount of people with this issue, it's a relatively new one and they just keep saying they are working on a fix.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yep, had this issue too and then when I was finally able to install all my store worlds and extra items like the playpen, I'm finding I have to redownload and install them every single time I play which sucks because now my game runs horribly because there are many many multiple copies of everything downloaded. Haven't had this issue until the EA app. Before it, everything was fine.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Yep, had this issue too and then when I was finally able to install all my store worlds and extra items like the playpen, I'm finding I have to redownload and install them every single time I play which sucks because now my game runs horribly because there are many many multiple copies of everything downloaded. Haven't had this issue until the EA app. Before it, everything was fine.

Yeah, I really wish they fix it soon, before I always played it on origin too and never had a problem, but now on the new ea app the game is sadly broken :'(
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    why not redownload origin and re move the app
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    why not redownload origin and re move the app

You cant do that.The origin app is not available anymore.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited October 2022
    You can try to download this link: https://www.dm.origin.com/download but its not a quarantee it will work.

It did about a week ago and its an official one not a third party. However even if you get Origin back it is also having the same problems
    with downloading and installing. I still have it on my desk top but no longer opens however there are others who said they are still using it.

I'm just leaving it there for now until they fix the app errors.

The new app plays my 2 and 4 plus was able to get 3 setup okay. (Lots of frustration later) so I don't want to change anything right now.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • MadiMuisMadiMuis Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I've been playing sims since I was a kid and now it won't allow me to update my game, i'm on the 1.63 version and it won't allow me to download my expansions without the 1.67 one. I don't know what to do...and also I can't get to my serial key for hidden springs. I think i forgot it so i cant get hidden springs back. please help
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    I am having the same issue with the EA app where my expansion packs and stuff pack will not download. I receive the same error too.
    edited October 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    You can try to download this link: https://www.dm.origin.com/download but its not a quarantee it will work.

It did about a week ago and its an official one not a third party. However even if you get Origin back it is also having the same problems
    with downloading and installing. I still have it on my desk top but no longer opens however there are others who said they are still using it.

I'm just leaving it there for now until they fix the app errors.

The new app plays my 2 and 4 plus was able to get 3 setup okay. (Lots of frustration later) so I don't want to change anything right now.

I tried downloading origin, and I installed the sims 3 base game, but the button to download the dlcs isn't there, so it's impossible to download them 'cause you need the button to install and manage them :'(

[img][/img]xTnn2lP.png

edited October 2022
    MadiMuis wrote: »
    Hi, I've been playing sims since I was a kid and now it won't allow me to update my game, i'm on the 1.63 version and it won't allow me to download my expansions without the 1.67 one. I don't know what to do...and also I can't get to my serial key for hidden springs. I think i forgot it so i cant get hidden springs back. please help

I'm sorry, I don't know how to fix that :'( , I suggest you to try the origin download link and maybe it would let you update it there? You can also try to contact the ea support too, and also you can check your CDs if you have them maybe you can see the serial keys there
  • drsmooth23drsmooth23 Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought a new pack because my kids wanted to make a fairy, well that turned into trying to get this installed for half the day. I uninstalled the base game and figured I would do a fresh install? NOPE, now only the base game is installed. origin and EA will install the base game but none of the over priced add-ons. I already instigated a refund for super natural because there is no way to actually install it, and now im missing ALL of my expansions and might not ever get them back?
    drsmooth23 wrote: »
    I bought a new pack because my kids wanted to make a fairy, well that turned into trying to get this installed for half the day. I uninstalled the base game and figured I would do a fresh install? NOPE, now only the base game is installed. origin and EA will install the base game but none of the over priced add-ons. I already instigated a refund for super natural because there is no way to actually install it, and now im missing ALL of my expansions and might not ever get them back?

I have the same problem, I can download the sims 3 base game both on ea app and origin, but I can't download the expansions, on ea app says the something went haywire error, and in origin the button to download them is missing and I don't know why
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Someone just advised me that the EA app is now fixed and they were able to successfully download and install all their packs. Perhaps you can try again to see if it works for you too?
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    The app worked for me. Finally downloaded and installed Fast Lane which has been a royal pain... I had my saves so went and re downloaded and install 3 completely. Then added my folder back in. Nice and smooth. Doesn't hurt to clear the apps cache first either. Still not a lot of success unfortunately with store content but I persevere. I have it all backed up anyways.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    The app worked for me. Finally downloaded and installed Fast Lane which has been a royal pain... I had my saves so went and re downloaded and install 3 completely. Then added my folder back in. Nice and smooth. Doesn't hurt to clear the apps cache first either. Still not a lot of success unfortunately with store content but I persevere. I have it all backed up anyways.

Would be interested to know if you are successful in reinstalling it from a backup.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    @Hauk150
    I just checked Origin for Sims 3 and the tabs for Expansions and Stuff Packs are no longer on the page with the play button. And my hours have been reset. I only have 282 hours played now and I know it was well over 8,000 hours.

If you want to purchase missing expansions or stuff packs, you have to go to the Origin store directly to do so. I just used the Search and put in The Sims 3. It came up with 30 results for me. I'm not going to take a chance purchasing the SPs I don't own until the EA App is bug-free.

The ones I own say purchased in a green box at the top right corner of each one. I clicked on one I had purchased and get the description of the item. However, if I click on View in Library, it goes to the Sims 3 page with the play button and there is no way to do anything further with it.

I suspect that Master Suite, 70s 80s 90s Stuff, and Movie Stuff will not be available to me on the EA App because those three expansions were purchased on Steam and only registered on Origin using the key provided by Steam.

I haven't downloaded the EA App yet. Right now, my Origin Games folder is still intact and contains The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection as well as The Sims 3 subfolders. I copied the entire Origin Games folder (45 GB!) to an external drive so I have access to all of the eleven EP folders as well as the six SPs I currently own. I don't know if I can copy them into the EA App folder and have them work, but it's better to have them available just in case.

@ignominiusrex
    @Bluegayle
    I am also interested in finding out if I can copy the files into the downloads directory and install them with the EA App launcher.

I own the entire store and have all of the download files from the store copied to my external drive.

I may do some experimenting with the EA App on my desktop computer to see how the process works now. I don't play Sims on that computer since I got my laptop, so it's no biggie if it doesn't work. I can still play Sims on my laptop until I am forced to use the EA App. It would be nice if they provided an ETA of when Origin will no longer work with EA games.

NOTE: I will post here whether I am able to copy the files into the download directory and install them in the EA App or not.
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Someone just advised me that the EA app is now fixed and they were able to successfully download and install all their packs. Perhaps you can try again to see if it works for you too?

Thank you! I just tried to download an expansion again and it now works. I had attempted to download my stuff a few hours ago and it would not work but I just tried again and got a few of my packs installed now, and they seem fine so far.
  • chonlaphatchonlaphat Posts: 16 New Member
    im having a similar problem. i just bought the sims 3 today but couldnt download the game. im so sad. i dont know what to do anymore
    I tried it yesterday on the ea app, it finally worked, awesome, I was able to download the game and the expansions. First, I installed the sims 3 base game and after it the expansions but it didn't worked, so what I did, was to uninstall it, and then I installed it again and selected download the base and the expansions, and it finally worked. I also installed the CAW, custom worlds, custom content, store content, all of it worked :)
    chonlaphat wrote: »
    im having a similar problem. i just bought the sims 3 today but couldnt download the game. im so sad. i dont know what to do anymore

So, what problem you had exactly, it appeared an error message that it can't be installed, or the game was installed but it didn't wanted to open?
    Maybe You can try to install it on a different folder, or you can uninstall and download again the ea app, or maybe try to install origin and download it there https://www.dm.origin.com/download
  • phillyqueen87phillyqueen87 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! Had the same issue and found the fix from a comment someone left under a youtube video I just saw. It's easy and worked right away for me. If you already have the base game installed just skip step 1.

Step 1: Install EA Games App and install The Sims 3. You may have to wait a short time while the application preallocates space wherever you decide to install the game at. Wait for the download to finish.

Step 2: Completely close the EA App in Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del->Task Manager)(you may have to Expand Task Manager in Windows 10 to see all running tasks), killing both "EA" and "EA Background Service" by clicking them and pressing the Delete key.

Step 3: Re-open the EA app and click on The Sims 3 under "Installed games", don't click the Play icon.

Step 4: Click on Manage->Manage add-ons. Click on any of the DLCs "Download" button. This will prompt you to 'install Sims 3' again, but just choose the folder you originally installed into. This sets up the base game and all the DLC to queue up.

Step 5: Click on the Sims 3 "preparing" box in the lower left-hand corner to open up the Download Manager. It will show that The Sims 3 is preparing to download.

Step 6: Click the X icon next to The Sims 3 to start the download of DLC. Essentially you're stopping The Sims 3 from downloading AGAIN.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Hauk150 - I had to make a "pointed stink" about it...before they managed to fix my Origin account so I could download my Sims 3 DLC (EPs and my sole SP). I said I was going to download EA App "WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER" if they don't fix the problem and let me have access to my downloads on Origin. I'm waiting to download EA App until they fix the problems for Sims 3 users.

THAT may be NEVER.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    @Hauk150 - I had to make a "pointed stink" about it...before they managed to fix my Origin account so I could download my Sims 3 DLC (EPs and my sole SP). I said I was going to download EA App "WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER" if they don't fix the problem and let me have access to my downloads on Origin. I'm waiting to download EA App until they fix the problems for Sims 3 users.

THAT may be NEVER.

This is gravely concerning.

Surely they will not leave that many users who have spent that much money including recent converts to sims3, in a lurch for long.

No good could come of it, whereas they have plentyto gain still, continuing to sell and support something that people are still willing to pay top dollar for in 2022 and beyond, that was made entirely like 10 years+, prior, so everything made from it now is basically profit for nothing additional on their part past maintaining access.

If access isn't made available, the ferociously dedicated fanbase might keep it available by any means necessary. I myself would far rather just have it the easy way, if EA gives me one, and happily buy the rest of the store plus remaining packs as I planned to before all this came about.

It has become a hobby the way miniature trains get to be: something a person eventually admits is their money-sink that they are past being embarrassed about collecting. Except, train sets can be resold and often appreciate in value.

Ok so now I do feel like the greater fool. 🤔
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg