Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want a new SimCity

trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
edited October 2022 in Off Topic Chat
Hoping for a new SimCity when Project Rene aka Sims 5 launches
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Do you want a new SimCity 26 votes

Yes - Please and be able to add builds into the new SimCity & SimCity worlds in the Sims5
23%
DivinylsFanNikkei_SimmerBehappy1stWildIrishBansheetrogamehighfiveshannah 6 votes
Maybe - depends if it there is a single player option
38%
simlish1ncisGibbs02CororonloubyloulouKendranaLinzzSassycottonSeashoreLiviacody6268simmerorigin 10 votes
No - Not For Me
34%
Isb917Mariefoxprice83simgirl1010pammiechickEnkiSchmidtMadachan88Hallie22ClassClownTinaAlienTusks 9 votes
Other
3%
ignominiusrex 1 vote

Comments

• trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    Yes - Please and be able to add builds into the new SimCity & SimCity worlds in the Sims5
    I hope that with EA working on Project Rene aka Sims 5 that they will launch a new version of SimCity, harkening back to SimCity4 and none of the issues of the relaunch of SimCity aka SimCity5.
    **ahhh one can dream ***
    Sims-Sim-City.png

I loved how I was able to add the worlds I created in SimCity4 into The Sims 2.
    And although I never tried it, I heard that you could add the Sims you created in the Sims 2 into SimCity.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    It would be a cool integration if a new SimCity could act as a world designer for Project Rene.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    My vote is 'yes' but I guess I don't fully understand what option 1 is entailing. I would love another Sim City but I would be okay with it being its own entity and not part of the anticipated Sims 5.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Still trying to figure out how to integrate my Sim City 4 cities into TS2 maps.

I've enjoyed Sim City 4 since my preteen years, and I think it led to my interest in The Sims as a series several years later.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    There would have to be single player option.

I’d like something like Sims 4 where you could move in your Sims or import their face and follow them about your city and they tell you things. Can’t remember what it was actually allied in the game.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2022
    SimCity 4 was fun but it's like playing to The Sims with B/B mode only.
    When your dream city is built, it's over. It's not enough for me, I want to be able to live there too.

I would prefer to add SimCity Mayor Mode in The Sims.
    For example B/B Mode build the lot, CAW create the map and Mayor Mode create the local rules (I want to see the consequences in Live Mode).

It would be a cool integration if a new SimCity could act as a world designer for Project Rene.

@simmerorigin In Simcity4 you could add new lots you created in Sims2 into Simcity4. And any world you created in Simcity4 you could add to Sims2
    Binibini wrote: »
    My vote is 'yes' but I guess I don't fully understand what option 1 is entailing. I would love another Sim City but I would be okay with it being its own entity and not part of the anticipated Sims 5.

@Binibini Agree separate games. But I loved that interoperability they had with Sims 2, so with Project Rene in the work with interoperability between platforms would love for that to continue with SimCity - if they are planning another iteration.
    Hey moderator @EA_Cade not sure why you moved this to off topic. The topic aligns with Project Rene
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    No - Not For Me
    Havent played Sim City in a very long time, Im more of a Tropico person.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Other
    Chose other because I'd be fine with the original one, no alterations or tinkering by some corporation that neither knows nor cares what it was about it that we loved on the first place, so they would mangle it beyond recognition.

I'd far rather just have it as it was.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    @Binibini back in the days of The Sims 2, you could go into Sim City 4, make a new blank city, with roads, rivers, hills, but no city yet, then save it as a terrain that could then be used as a new empty world in The Sims 2. Things that showed up in the transfer included bridges, trees - and the trees ended up in mass plantings when you only placed a few in the city, they looked cool.
    Also, you could put your sims from your Sims 2 game, into your Sim City 4 city. Just their thumbnail showed up in an interface and told you updates on how their neighbourhood is, if they got a job, if they moved .. and you could put a tracker on them and follow them as they drove or walked around. You couldn't see them totally close up though. Their car mainly.
    That is what is meant by the "Yes ... " poll option.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.