Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rene/Sims5 Household Size

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
Please, for the love of everything sims, do NOT hard-code a size this time. Give us an option to set household sizes and still be able to use CAS without culling anyone. Thank you for your time.
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    8 is way too little for my tastes, clearly a byproduct from an earlier era that has never been updated since. At least double the total size of the household if that's not too much to ask for.

Don't use my 50 Sim household as an inspiration though. You can't play with autonomy on.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited October 2022
    More than eight Sims would be nice and crazy difficult! :o I have a family with more than eight Sims in TS3 and my goodness you have to be on your toes! :p
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    8 Sim household is way to small especially when animals are included in that number, I think they should up it to 10 or 12.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Or allow as many Sims as your system and you can handle. Talk about chaos! >:)

P.S more floors and bigger lots would be nice too...
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    From my perspective, I'm fine with 8 being an official limit as performance testing is often based on established thresholds. This always leaves the option to expand the limit with options and mods.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    With the ability to move couches wherever you want to place them, routing is going to be an absolute nightmare.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Personally after years of playing Sims 4 I never had a household of 8 except maybe I needed that for an achievement. I tend to play multiple smaller households.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Keep default household size at eight, with an option to go beyond that. A one-time pop up should warn the player about potential lagging, freezing and crashing when they disable the limit for the first time. CAS options should be "take everyone into CAS (no deleting sims)" and "take this particular only into CAS".
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    there should be no limits, perhaps some kind of notification saying "if you include more than x sims your performance may be affected" or something like that. and fr pls dont hard code
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Keep default household size at eight, with an option to go beyond that. A one-time pop up should warn the player about potential lagging, freezing and crashing when they disable the limit for the first time. CAS options should be "take everyone into CAS (no deleting sims)" and "take this particular only into CAS".

Maybe that could be something that is enabled per household, like if you buy a certain lot trait you can add two more sims to your household and your bills will also increase. I would also love to be able to add more sims to a community lot, so instead of the current 20+ sims there are 30+ sims on the lot. Big lots appear deserted when there are only 20 sims on the lot.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I grew up in a family of eight (mother, father, six kids). Once the second generation start marrying and then having their own kids, that ceiling on the number of sims seems pretty low.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    a little history lesson here back in the 1800 up till the 1970 big family was the trend in some case its still like this so it should be the norm if thinking story purpose like for example you went to create a farm and then for those that play with aging on pass it on to the next generation
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Would love a min of 12 sims per household and pets are not included as part of the household in future generations of Sims
    a little history lesson here back in the 1800 up till the 1970 big family was the trend in some case its still like this so it should be the norm if thinking story purpose like for example you went to create a farm and then for those that play with aging on pass it on to the next generation

Maybe the Medieval theme players might like that too?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »

Maybe the Medieval theme players might like that too?

agree never tough of the medival eras
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I don’t really mind having a household size limit, but I do wish that animals didn’t count toward them. If we could have 8 sims & several pets, I’d be good with that.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    10 Sims should be good for the house also I don't want pets to have a slot we can't play as them anyway so do they have a slot it should be a side slot like they did in Sims 2 we had pets and still had room for Sims or was it Sims 3 one them had that go back to that please.
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I don’t really mind having a household size limit, but I do wish that animals didn’t count toward them. If we could have 8 sims & several pets, I’d be good with that.

Same. I don't mind an 8 sim limit, but when pets count towards that, it's ridiculously limiting. I know plenty of families with 4 or 5 pets, but there's 6 or 7 people living in the home as well.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I can barely manage eight, so I'm fine with the limit not being raised. On the other hand, it would be nice to be able to have those 8 sims plus a pet or two. Maybe some osrt of compromise, where the pets don't contribute to the limit? Though I'm sure people will object to that, wanting to be able to control their pets.
    image.png
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    I want a limit of twelve no more for the sake of lag, maybe you can turn it down in the settings. and pets should have their own limits like 5 or something
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I don't necessarily mind a limit... maybe up it to 10 or 12... so long as the pets do not count toward it.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    why not still have the limit 8 by default, but you can specify other limit from 6 to 14 globally or...
    by household, using mailbox or manage worlds/households
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    I'd like to increase household size to 12 with pets not counting toward the limit.

But having it be something you define in settings like we do with the age group lengths and maximum no. of households would be great.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited December 2022
    Two adult parents with 1 pet, 1 baby, 1 infant, 1 child, 1 teen and 1 young adult, it's already difficult to manage.

Pet training, caring the baby, teaching skills and character values to toddler, child and teen, managing high school and university.

Without forgetting the needs, wants, lifestyles, relationships and aspirations.