Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF…

Comments

• DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »
    Its been eight years, I'd say it's time for a new installment in the series. The Sims 4 has some time yet, we won't see Sims 5 till 2024/2025.
    Yes probably 2027-2029 is my guess
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    edited January 2023
    If Sims 5 is all about realism with ultra-realistic graphics,count me out! I also will not buy Sims 5 if they have pointless decor buildings,a subscriptiuon-based system,useless rabbit-holes,endless townie spawning,worlds with 99% pointless decor,poltically-correct holidays,and bugs/glitches not being fixed-I'll just be sticking with Minecraft and Stardew Valley.
    Post edited by Lady_Ballora on
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I have played Multiplayer games in the past. Been there done that, not interested in doing it again. First, there is the unseemly unknown player who may interfere with your own gameplay, which is bad enough. My poor Gnome was killed just outside the gates of a Safe City for her by another player who decided to kill her on the spot.

Plus, unless EA plans to work this differently, you pay for the Base game (and any subsequent EPs) and you still must pay a monthly fee just to play the game. You can't just be connected to the Internet to power up and play.

No, thank you. I will continue to play Sims4, because I have paid for most of it (there has been a few freebie packs along the way) and as long as we can keep the Internet going, I can play whenever I wish to play.

@DeeSimsGirl I saw or read nothing in the after Summit Event, where it was suggested we have to purchase a pack to have the infants. Please cite your source. Otherwise, you are merely stirring up rumors.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DkaffeDkaffe Posts: 27 Member
    Considering that developement is in these early stages, I think it would be wild to assume too much right away. I'd wager that you'll have your standard singleplayer experience in whatever way you prefer -- but with the multiplayer or simply multiplayer features on top of that. I'm thinking couch co-op gameplay but without the requirement of a couch and from whatever device you prefer to play with. 👀

But any point in regards to costs is highly important. In the triple A gaming industry it is all about maximizing profits; that definitely leaves the question on additional monetization. Season Passes are one of the go-to ways currently but that wouldn't really work well with a Sims game. It's unfortunate that we don't really have any statistic on how successful the Sims 4 monetization was. I'm not completeley sure but I assume it's somewhere around 1.000$ to have the full retail Sims 4 experience, and that is expensive compared to the amount of content you receive. 💰

In the end that Rene announcement leaves more questions than answers and only time will tell what they are truly planning.
    r3Mheab.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,654 Member
    Dkaffe wrote: »
    Considering that developement is in these early stages, I think it would be wild to assume too much right away. I'd wager that you'll have your standard singleplayer experience in whatever way you prefer -- but with the multiplayer or simply multiplayer features on top of that. I'm thinking couch co-op gameplay but without the requirement of a couch and from whatever device you prefer to play with. 👀

But any point in regards to costs is highly important. In the triple A gaming industry it is all about maximizing profits; that definitely leaves the question on additional monetization. Season Passes are one of the go-to ways currently but that wouldn't really work well with a Sims game. It's unfortunate that we don't really have any statistic on how successful the Sims 4 monetization was. I'm not completeley sure but I assume it's somewhere around 1.000$ to have the full retail Sims 4 experience, and that is expensive compared to the amount of content you receive. 💰

In the end that Rene announcement leaves more questions than answers and only time will tell what they are truly planning.

None of what I'm about to say is directed at you @Dkaffe. I want to state that from the start. I want to address the cross platform aspect and you presented an opening.

One of my remaining worries, and as you pointed out it's very early in development and subject to change, is that one feature. More tech savvy simmers than me pointed out something that I never considered about a multi-platform connected game. It's only going to be as strong as its weakest link, and as much as mobile devices are computers they aren't on the same level of processing power as a PC, Mac or console. That's a huge worry for everybody except mobile gamers. Smart phones and mobile devices aren't cheap but they are compared to a good computer that has any hope of running the game at max graphics. I'm not against linking PCs, Macs, and consoles, but mobile devices should still be considered an entirely different and separate game from the rest. Their game shouldn't be linked to the rest since it will drag the other three down to their processing level. If people want to play The Sims with their friend who's on a mobile device both of them can use their mobile device and play The Sims Mobile together. If the devs can pull off this four-way game more power to them, but it seems like it's an uphill battle.
    Absolutely agree with your opinion here DaniRose but our good old corpo companies have proven in the last years that they are absolutely willing to bottleneck the potential of their games for the sake of mobile support. Simply because the revenue for mobile games is absolutely insane -- they take a lot less effort to create but usually produce tons more money.

I guess that they'll either limit what you can do on mobile devices (though I believe this to be more unlikely) or as you fear, limit the game itself. A slight relief in that regard might be that the release is years down the line and who knows how powerful smartphones will be giving their technology a couple more years of developement as well.
    r3Mheab.png
    edited October 2022
    @Dkaffe Something I pin my hopes on is the fact that those of us who have been with this franchise across a decade or more have their attention. The vast majority of us have been open about our feelings about multiplayer and other changes. We are an army and as a group we've carried this franchise on our backs and wallets to this point. The future may very well be online and all that, but that's not what we're into, and we still make up the backbone of The Sims. They need our support to keep this franchise going until our numbers dwindle and the younger demographic who wants those things becomes the majority. Since there are a few years left we need to keep banging the drum for keeping The Sims and The Sims Mobile as two separate games. As you say mobile devices keep making incremental increases in processing power. Eventually PC and Mac sales will start to decline and mobile devices will catch up to consoles. That's the time to make the switch, but I don't see that change over happening for at least another decade plus. But what do I know, I'm not tech savvy. The outer limits of my knowledge are how to press the power button or click shut down/restart.🤣
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    I don't have much hope for the Sims 5. If the direction the Sims 4 went is any indication, it is likely that EA/Maxis will continue to go down that route in the next iteration. Why? Because it's the most profitable. Even with all the complaints and pointing out issues and whatnot, they still release glitchy, buggy, and sometimes broken packs that they have no incentive to get right the first time because the modders will fix it for free and people will buy it anyway. At the end of the day, it's all about the bottom-line and getting that paycheck.

Sims 5 could have the prettiest graphics with the best CAS, best build/buy, best gameplay of a Sims game, but it all means nothing if the game is unplayable due to bugs.

But who knows, maybe I'll be proven wrong and the Sims 5 will be a vast improvement on the Sims 4 and EA/Maxis will have learn from their mistakes.
    @DaniRose2143 That's what I hope as well. I am new to this community but I have a strong feeling that the passion, love, and devotion Sims players have to their franchise is on a different level than most other gaming communities. The developers and the team also definitely recognize that but at the end the publisher holds the reins. 😩 Voicing our opinion and giving proper feedback is the best we can do. 👍
    r3Mheab.png
    Dkaffe wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143 That's what I hope as well. I am new to this community but I have a strong feeling that the passion, love, and devotion Sims players have to their franchise is on a different level than most other gaming communities. The developers and the team also definitely recognize that but at the end the publisher holds the reins. 😩 Voicing our opinion and giving proper feedback is the best we can do. 👍

I'm not going to be shy about saying what I feel. I'll be respectful, but I will keep banging the drum for the old ways. I think you're right, this game and this community are truly unique. I feel like there are few titles that can boast the longevity that The Sims can. That's one of the reasons why I don't want to see it change. If they really want to make The Sims standout and be innovative, keep it the same. Every other title in EA's library is at least a split of online/offline. So many games across all the genres and developers are totally online or heavily slanted in that direction. The Sims has always marched to the beat of its own drummer. Letting it stay that way makes it stand out from the crowd. All we can do is wield what power we do have as often and loudly as possible. I would be sad, devastated even, to see The Sims end, but I would rather that then see it betray its core values, virtues, and features that made it different.
    Btw posted this in another topic, they already have something in that regard in the official Rene F.A.Q:

"Will Project Rene be a single player experience, or will there be a multiplayer option?

Players will have the choice to play a single player experience or collaborate with others through online multiplayer across supported devices."
    r3Mheab.png
    There is the key. Will offline single player gameplay be affected by online compatibility with mobile devices? The best of both worlds would be no, offline won't suffer, neither will online multiplayer cross platform. Can they deliver? Will online multi take precedence over offline single? Or will it be equal? The next few years will tell.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    There is the key. Will offline single player gameplay be affected by online compatibility with mobile devices? The best of both worlds would be no, offline won't suffer, neither will online multiplayer cross platform. Can they deliver? Will online multi take precedence over offline single? Or will it be equal? The next few years will tell.

I don't trust them to do it without offline suffering for online, I have played other single player games that EA turned into multiplayer and it ruined the single player campaign for me. This time may turn out different, but I have been burned before, so I will not purchase anything until it has been out for a while and I can really get a good feel for how the single player aspect plays. Also it will have to be able to be modded, like we can now, or it is a definite no for me period.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    I will not purchase Sims 5 if:

1) The game is not open-world. I'm not settling for open-neighbourhoods (that's a cop-out).
    2) If there isn't a way of locking people out of my game. I don't want multiplayer, I don't want someone roaming around in MY house, in MY world...in my game...trying to ruin my sim's spousal relationship. I don't play this game to socialize, I play it to get lost in my own little world.
    3) If the game looks anything and plays anything like Sims 4. I'll stick with Sims 3 if that's the case and say goodbye to Sims when I can't play the game any more.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer In regards to your 2nd point: I am super certain that you will not have to worry about random people appearing in your play session if you don't want it. The team is aware that a lot of players are not even looking for that type of multiplayer experience and I'd assume that they want to tick as many possible boxes for all players to enjoy the game in the way they want to.
    r3Mheab.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    “Assumption is the precursor to disappointment” @Dkaffe, I’ve been on the planet long enough to know that if one expects that the game producers intend to foster “competition”, they’re not going to care if a few toes are trod on in the hopes of bringing in more revenue.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    If the base game is a shallow shell, if the bugs are too intense, and/or if multiplayer and cross-platform access ruins its functionality/graphics/depth.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    If it doesn't have something to offer me that's more interesting than what I have in 4.
    gen3-banner.png
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    If rotational play is impossible.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited February 11
    telemwill wrote: »
    If rotational play is impossible.

YES! In Sims 3 it's impossible because it's built around legacy-only gameplay with one core family per save file. Sims 4 has the My Families but it's not enough.

In theory, rotational play basically says "freeze the other households in my rotation list while I'm not playing them. I want zero progression* of my families while I'm not playing. I want to jump right back in where I left off when I get to playing them again."

We can also take it a step further.

To make this work, every save file Starts with a universal calendar (Week 1, Day 1 / Season: Fall). Playing ONE of your played households will progress that timeline FOR THAT HOUSEHOLD AND HOUSEHOLD ONLY into the future. Let's say you end on Week 2, Day 8, Season: Winter). If you want to play your next household, they are technically in the past still on Week 1, Day 1 / Season: Fall and you get to play the same week but from THEIR perspective.
    Chef-s-Kiss_60f9c90abd.jpg
    We ALSO need an age up townies and NPCs button that basically will push THEIR timeline to match the Week #, Day #, Season X of the household furthest into the future. This will progress them, age them up, kill them off if they are ready to die of old age, etc. etc.!

simon-cowell-congratulations.gif

*technical note: like in Sims 1 and 2, certain developments are "pushed" to other playable household when you aren't playing them. For example, if I'm playing Household A and I become friends with someone in Household B, when I go to play Household B, that friendship is "pushed" to that household and is recognized. Giving gifts also works in that way. But everything else is frozen in time while you are gone from playing that household.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    There is an option in sims 4 for unplayed households to age up, without lifespan affecting played households. I would not buy if all the sims have to age up or not. I want more life stages including a newborn, baby, toddler, small child, old child, teenager, young adult, adult, old adult (50-65), and elder. If there aren't at least a couple of extra life stages from sims 4 then I will be disappointed. I agree with @DeeSimsGirl and am not paying for extra life stages. I want sims to be more diverse. I hope the sims 5 will have disabilities, mental illness, and even some temporary health issues like colds, broken bones, and burnout. I know it would be difficult to include all those, but I won't buy unless at least one of those is included.

I also will not buy unless there is at least one occult @greydonn. I really like sims 4 vampires because of how their powers affect interactions with other sims. I have never tried occults from other sims games, but I am interested in better faeries and aliens. I really enjoyed how in Werewolves, there were secret lots that only occult sims could access. I will not buy Sims 5 if there are no hidden lots.

I am willing to try multiplayer as long as there are little to no microtransactions and multiplayer is separate from the single-player experience. On the topic of packs/kits, the model of sims 4 with more than 60 packs!!!!! is completely UNACCEPTABLE. The DLC needs to be quite large and targeted. For example, an occult pack should include three or more occult types and the world and build mode items. Whereas a decorator pack could include hundreds of build mode items and new types of items like washing machines. I understand that this would come with a higher price per pack. Simmers have floated the idea that Sims 5 might be a subscription service rather than a purchase-and-keep endeavor. I will not buy if there is a subscription. I also will not buy if there is not a demo version that I get to play for 2 days or so. This is because of how buggy Sims has become.

I want the world to be fully editable. I will NOT buy if I can only edit my house and not the streets or parks and sidewalks. I really hope that I can pick out the sidewalk colors and what trees are in my community yards. Even if I can't directly place landscaping into my sidewalks, I would appreciate being able to say that I want oaks instead of spruces and that would auto-generate.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    There is an option in sims 4 for unplayed households to age up, without lifespan affecting played households. I would not buy if all the sims have to age up or not. I want more life stages including a newborn, baby, toddler, small child, old child, teenager, young adult, adult, old adult (50-65), and elder. If there aren't at least a couple of extra life stages from sims 4 then I will be disappointed. I agree with @DeeSimsGirl and am not paying for extra life stages. I want sims to be more diverse. I hope the sims 5 will have disabilities, mental illness, and even some temporary health issues like colds, broken bones, and burnout. I know it would be difficult to include all those, but I won't buy unless at least one of those is included.

I also will not buy unless there is at least one occult @greydonn. I really like sims 4 vampires because of how their powers affect interactions with other sims. I have never tried occults from other sims games, but I am interested in better faeries and aliens. I really enjoyed how in Werewolves, there were secret lots that only occult sims could access. I will not buy Sims 5 if there are no hidden lots.

I am willing to try multiplayer as long as there are little to no microtransactions and multiplayer is separate from the single-player experience. On the topic of packs/kits, the model of sims 4 with more than 60 packs!!!!! is completely UNACCEPTABLE. The DLC needs to be quite large and targeted. For example, an occult pack should include three or more occult types and the world and build mode items. Whereas a decorator pack could include hundreds of build mode items and new types of items like washing machines. I understand that this would come with a higher price per pack. Simmers have floated the idea that Sims 5 might be a subscription service rather than a purchase-and-keep endeavor. I will not buy if there is a subscription. I also will not buy if there is not a demo version that I get to play for 2 days or so. This is because of how buggy Sims has become.

I want the world to be fully editable. I will NOT buy if I can only edit my house and not the streets or parks and sidewalks. I really hope that I can pick out the sidewalk colors and what trees are in my community yards. Even if I can't directly place landscaping into my sidewalks, I would appreciate being able to say that I want oaks instead of spruces and that would auto-generate.

Yes I want every Maxis-made world to be made with the same World Creator that we have. So technically we could remake a Maxis world from the ground up. Any new world objects and rabbit holes added in a DLC would be added for us to utilize for our own creations. That's how editable I want worlds to be in my preference.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It has way more than Sims 3 & Sims 4 ever had at the beginning & if it's way cooler than Disney Dreamlight Valley. Otherwise, no thank you.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I will be purchasing Sims 5. But rather or not I purchase expansions or other packs beyond that will depend on how well the base game plays.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i will buy sims5 and all packs but before going on the preorder hype will require more info
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top