Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EA App

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Mac users are still on Origin for the foreseeable future. There's a note at the top of the Origin homepage. Under the learn more link there's this...
    You may have seen some news about the new EA app for Windows, which will soon replace Origin as EA’s primary PC gaming destination. We understand you may be curious about what this means for you and your fellow Origin for Mac players.

For now, we have no changes to announce. Origin for Mac is still the place you can access your games. As things evolve, we’ll have more information to share in the coming months.

In the meantime, continue enjoying your games through Origin for Mac.

This is one of those occasions where coming second isn't a loss.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @SERVERFRA the game will automatically update when there is an update available.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that about not being able to disable packs. On the other hand, once I installed EA App, I was able to get Sims 2 again with the right screen size.

@MVWdeZT by right screen size do you mean the original screen size from when the game came out? When I start sims 2 the desktop icons, task bar, etc become at least three times bigger.

The desktop icons are larger, but when the game comes on, it's the original screen size. It used to be stretched to fill the screen, and I couldn't find a windowed option. And when I quit and came back to EA App, my desktop was the regular size again, so it's all good.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Hearts4u I don't have a problem with the new app (ha ha so far) but I did keep Origin as well because of issues with sims3.

Today when I went to log into Origin I got this message. I did try the update it mentioned but still get the same error. Have you tried recent? I am most definitely online,

sxUFEKh.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    @Bluegayle ... I'm not sure I understand your question. I downloaded the EA App on October 11, 2022 when the last patch dropped. I uninstalled it yesterday (October 23rd) and re-installed Origin. When I down-loaded the EA App, it replaced Origin.

For now, I'm back to using Origin with no issues. Since I'm on my lunch break, I logged into the game to check after seeing your reply--no issues with Origin. I'll stick with Origin until it is taken away.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited October 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @Bluegayle ... I'm not sure I understand your question. I downloaded the EA App on October 11, 2022 when the last patch dropped. I uninstalled it yesterday (October 23rd) and re-installed Origin. When I down-loaded the EA App, it replaced Origin.

For now, I'm back to using Origin with no issues. Since I'm on my lunch break, I logged into the game to check after seeing your reply--no issues with Origin. I'll stick with Origin until it is taken away.

Oh good. Mine is still not working (Origin) I would uninstall the EAapp and try again but as my other games are fine I don't want to jinx it. LOL

Sorry my question was if you had opened Origin recent as it was just this morning I started getting that error message.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    My username did not age well…
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Update: I was able to access my Sims 4 game through the new EA app today. I've only opened it once to see if it would open at all yet and it did. So, it looks like they may have fixed whatever was going on over the weekend.

NOTE: In case you missed the warnings about it: If you reverted back to Origin while the EA app was borked make sure you DO NOT run or have both launchers running at the same time or things will get ugly and break. Make sure the launcher isn't running in the background in your sys tray before opening the other one.
  • Options
    ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    It seems to serve the same function. It has an issue where you often have to restart to connect to the online community and will end up disconnecting every hour or so. I would say stick with Origin for as long as possible. There are way fewer issues. The EA client also has more ads before you can find your game making it harder to access. It will automatically bring up the last played game which can be helpful. I can't figure out how to put it in light mode or get a desktop shortcut for starting up the Sims.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited October 2022
    The EA App is back to not opening for me. What's up with that?

I've just uninstalled it.
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    The EA app looks more seamless but it never seems to boot up (aka load and open) TS4 for me. I'm always having to revert back to Origin. The force-transition that is going to be in effect very soon makes me nervous...
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    If you're having trouble with the EA app, make sure it's not being blocked by your firewall or antivirus. I've had Windows updates that interfered with programs that worked fine, only to discover they were no longer recognized anymore as safe.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    If you're having trouble with the EA app, make sure it's not being blocked by your firewall or antivirus. I've had Windows updates that interfered with programs that worked fine, only to discover they were no longer recognized anymore as safe.

Hadn't even thought about that. Good point! I'll have to check.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Not knowing much about computers, I’m afraid to update to the EA App…… it scares me, especially after reading all of these comments. and I own all the packs and kits. Most I bought at full price. NIf I’m having problems loading it and getting all packs when I do download it, where do I go for help? I have never even uninstalled a game. I barely know how to download my purchased packs on Origin, and only because I have done it so many times now.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I won't be bothering with the EA app until it's forced upon me.

By that time, I assume they'll have all the wrinkles ironed out. But if not, then they'll have a mighty big customer service nightmare on their hands trying to stomp out all the fires of people not being able to play their purchased games and/or DLC.... So if there are any problems with the switchover at that point, at least I won't be alone in my angry 'storming of the EA palace' with torch and pitchfork in hand. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

Back when it was offered as a "test app", there were a ton of bugs with it.

Last month however I decided to test The Sims 3 on it, and it seemed to work. I think it is coming along. There are a lot less bugs I noticed now then there was when I first downloaded it during it's early beta phases.

Some people might still experience issues, but for me, The Sims 3 and 4 worked. It is sad to see they are defuncting Origin App, but it was mentioned they would do so when they released EA Launcher so I kind of expected it.

I hope they keep updating it so more users can use it as intended. (=

>:)
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Didn't want to start a new thread on this; just chiming in to say the EA App is refusing to launch any games for me right now. No end of frustrations with it the last few days and can't seem to find where I can reacquire Origin to see if that'll work.

Feh.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @Ceridwen there's a link to download Origin in this article by Crinrict. The download starts immediately after you click.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/11/sims-4-and-ea-app/
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I downloaded it and it instantly replaced Origin. So far, my games are working properly. Even my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection works, thankfully.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Ceridwen there's a link to download Origin in this article by Crinrict. The download starts immediately after you click.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/11/sims-4-and-ea-app/

Thank you!
    I've put Origin back, but the game still won't launch. Oh, well. Oops, I made an error, haven't fully finished downloading it all yet! :D

2nd Edit: nah, I was right first time, game won't launch. I might have some deeper fixes to deal with! :'(

3rd Edit: Dodgy mod, game is back. Yay!
    Post edited by Ceridwen on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    The EA App seemed to work fine for me. Once I learned the pathway to repair a game, I was good to go. I've been using it for these past several gaming sessions now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The EA App seemed to work fine for me. Once I learned the pathway to repair a game, I was good to go. I've been using it for these past several gaming sessions now.

Gives me courage. Also glad for your pathways insight if needed.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Another gripe I have with the EA App is that the UI when playing offline is hideous, just a simple list of installed games. It should show the game library without store & online features, like literally every other game launcher from Origin to Steam to GoG Galaxy does.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I purchased the 2 new kits via the EA app, but it would not download them. So I went into the Origin App and they downloaded straight away. It makes you wonder what will happen when Origin disappears. :#
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2022
    TS3 players should use Origin.
    TS3 Store content isn't compatible with EA app and it's not possible to buy SimPoints.

TS2 Ultimate Edition, TS2 Store Edition and The Sims Stories can't be downloaded with EA App.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top