Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do the sims in Sims 5 look like Disney characters…

DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
Will they ever listen to the consumer??? Like why tho????!?? It’s like talking to a brick wall only the talking is yelling & the brick wall is EA’s stubborn creators. They think they are doing their best but they are ruining their own chances at being a successful game. At this current moment I will not be buying sims 5. FIX YOUR SIMS. Start listening to the demands of the one making you money in the first place.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Ones~
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hugh? I don't think they have shown how the sims look yet...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    They haven't even shown what Sims 5 Sims will look like yet.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    Hi @DeeSimsGirl,

It looks like you gave a view to one of those glitterbait YouTube videos with stock footage from Unreal or Unity. These videos are created with the intent to deceive people like you who search "Sims 5."

The only Project Rene (Sims 5) content we have seen is from the Sims Summit.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    Hi @DeeSimsGirl,

It looks like you gave a view to one of those glitterbait YouTube videos with stock footage from Unreal or Unity. These videos are created with the intent to deceive people like you who search "Sims 5."

I didn’t search it Sims Community posted it to their Instagram
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    There is no picture of the rene sims on sims community on Instagram.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited October 2022
    I cannot verify your account that you saw Project Rene sims from Sims Community's instagram. Perhaps it was a duplicitous copycat IG using stock characters?
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I really hope they look like a mix of ts4 sims and realism. That goes with the world and overall graphics. The furniture in the rene video looks basically like the sims 4 with better lighting imo so i dont have much hope.
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    Hi @DeeSimsGirl,

Yeah, Youtube is full of some clickbait "Sims 5" videos that contain screens from random non sims games. I dont know why people do that smh
    AprilS wrote: »
    B cool if they did look like disney characters tho disney do look pretty realistic

6d7454cea6644379adc7e529c5790a28078a2823.jpg

N they got eye lashes 😀

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 bro facts
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Pics?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,310 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

You're most likely going to be seeing a lot of clickbait over the next months on this. For clarity, we haven't shown anything related to Project Rene so far other than what was in the Sims Summit.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • DkaffeDkaffe Posts: 27 Member
    Sims x Frozen that would be one expensive DLC. 👀
    r3Mheab.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2022
    The Sims 5 will be halfway between Minecraft and Cyberpunk 2077 :p .

I think Maxis won't want to spend too much time in details for CAS content.

It may not reach the level of details of SWTOR characters who have also toes since 2011.

swtor-10.jpg
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2022
    I really dislike big head, big-eyed art styles. Though, Disney's style isn't as exaggerated as some others that I've seen.

The one thing that TS4 got right (which may have a lot to do with the game's success) is that the Sims have the most realistic proportions. TS4 Sims are the most attractive and believable Sims of the franchise. I hope that other life simulation games do something in the same vein.

If there are any takeaways from DDV, I hope that they are the hair and clothing physics. Those are incredible!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    AprilS wrote: »
    B cool if they did look like disney characters tho disney do look pretty realistic

6d7454cea6644379adc7e529c5790a28078a2823.jpg

N they got eye lashes 😀
    Like Disney characters please no
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Definitely no. That is not remotely close to realistic. More cartoon like than TS 4 already is. My bigger concern is that they seem, going by such hype has have found, more focused on all the things that are external than the game itself.