Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

💫 Dream Project Rene 💫

What important details would you like Project Rene to pay extra attention to? Make a list - some or all of it may come true if we’re lucky ^^

Me? I’d like User-Friendly Tools to design or tweak:

💫 Different teeth to all my TS5-sims
💫 Detailed eye-colours
💫 More unique Facial Expressions (smiles, sad/angry face etc) for certain TS5-sims
💫 Custom animations for each TS5-sim

I’d also like to see:

💫 Deeper and more engaging game play
💫 Traits with real game impact that also evolves in-game (not so much skills or emotions-based ones)
💫 Much more interesting relationships

What’s on your list?

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    - CAW and world editing from the get-go
    - All life stages none being a bassinet or complete copy of another
    - Height differences at least tall average and short for adults and teens
    - Cars
    - Smart Sims with a memory who react to the world and other Sims around them
    - Corners not cut with animations anywhere I enjoyed watching my Sims play a real game of chess in Sims 2 I want to see a Sim pull a knife from a drawer when cooking or opening a dish washer
    - Unique traits that effect the Sim personality so that each come with animations only locked to that trait
    - Strong CAS from the start we should not have to wait 8 years for body hair
    - Detailed eyelashes no more black lines
    - Detailed hair not clay and hair psychics
    - Average clothing save the high fashion no one wears for expansions
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    - Unique traits that effect the Sim personality so that each come with animations only locked to that trait

Love all your ideas - especially this one ^^ If they’ll provide us with the tools to create unique traits/animations for our sims I’m convinced that it would make a huge difference from todays repetitive gameplay. It would for sure make our sims come to life in interesting new ways! ^^

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    - CAW and world editing from the get-go
    - All life stages none being a bassinet or complete copy of another
    - Height differences at least tall average and short for adults and teens
    - Cars
    - Smart Sims with a memory who react to the world and other Sims around them
    - Corners not cut with animations anywhere I enjoyed watching my Sims play a real game of chess in Sims 2 I want to see a Sim pull a knife from a drawer when cooking or opening a dish washer
    - Strong CAS from the start we should not have to wait 8 years for body hair
    - Detailed eyelashes no more black lines
    - Detailed hair not clay and hair psychics
    - Average clothing save the high fashion no one wears for expansions

You mentioned a lot of thing I would love to see. I love to mess around in CAS so my list is focused on that.

- I would love if it men got as much attention in CAS as the ladies do. I'm female, I create and play mostly female sims, but I still want to have the same variety and quality when I do make a male sim.

- Female content, I would love more realistic looking makeup. It doesn't need to look like I'm doing makeup for a supermodel. A nice range of colors instead of the small, and often downright bizarre palette we have been burdened with since day one. Nudes, matte finishes, things like that.

- Send the crop tops and high water pants to the dust bin of sims history where they belong. Seriously, please.

- How about something other than hiking boots in that category?

- Better looking heels. I don't use them as much anymore, not like I used too, but they're still awful.

- More active careers. Right from day one.

- Fix the cameras. When I'm moving the camera around to get a screenshot I want to scream when the camera suddenly jumps 50 feet in the air just when I'm inches away from the perfect shot. And then it takes ages to get it back to where it was the split second before it launched itself.

- Give us apartment buildings we can place anywhere we like. Make them more than just penthouses. Let us make entire communities within a community.

- Sims that will sit still for more than 0.1 seconds. They really need a longer attention span.
  • sh3nanigans___5sh3nanigans___5 Posts: 4 New Member
    So many amazing ideas!! I add to my list almost weekly but here’s the things I’d love to see added or reintroduced from past sims games:

Worlds
    - Being back Neighbourhoods like TS2! I loved having the main world (Pleasantview) with the sub-neighbourhoods attached (Downtown / University towns etc)
    - However, I for one LOVE the freedom we have with so many worlds and lots combined in TS4. Maybe there could be a merge of the 2 ideas?
    - If so, the main worlds/neighbourhoods should be connectable via some mode of transportation (plane/ trains/ ferry/ cruise ship) and affected by a time difference (set by players) for instance: travelling from Sulani to Mt Komorebi shouldn’t take a few Sim minutes. However travelling between the sub-neighbourhoods should take little to no time.

Elders
    They deserve love too! I actually squealed when we saw the dentures at the Sims Summit! Here’s a few things I’d love to see added into their gameplay:
    - Bingo
    - Garden centres with pottery classes (taught by elders? / and attended by all)
    - Proper book club, I know we can make our own with the Clubs in TS4 but they can do better.
    - Gossip culture! Nana’s love to spill the tea
    - Looking through curtains to be nosey
    - Photo album as decor but fully interactive: showing family/grandkids and possible moodlets: bored, inspired to speak to family, in awe at stories, sad about death etc
    - Zimmer frame, mobility scooter, walking stick (WITH the walking styles from TS3)
    - Getting ill/ medications
    - Spoiling grandkids
    - Telling stories / war stories / family gossip
    - Afternoon tea
    - Retirement parties
    - Funerals! Why have we NEVER had these! Death should be acknowledged as much as life
    - Elders exercise class (using chairs / light yoga)
    - Care home/ Health and Social career
    - Day long coach trips to rabbit holes (like the volunteering in TS4)
    - Sorting pension when an adult
    - Wills
    - Golf

CAS
    - More mens styles, decent wearable clothes please!
    - I love MM so I really hope we don’t see a change to Alpha. A good combination of soft alpha with less clay hair!
    - Bags! Rucksacks, handbags, bumbags, purses, backpack reins for toddlers, briefcase, school bag,
    - Think TS2 trait points (neat/slob, active/lazy, nice/mean) and additional interactions/gameplay to go along with it (more or less motivated to be clean/slobbish etc)
    - Turn on/offs deffo need to be brought back! And they could also be affected if you find the sim of your dreams and you don’t seem to mind their blonde hair, or you suddenly find freckles a turn on. Equally you could loose/struggle to build romantic relations with someone if their favourite decor is Cosmolux and you love French Country!
    - Height sliders
    - Visible differences between teens - adults. Could we have a pre teen stage too?
    - Body hair, shaving, acne, scars should all be base game
    - Please keep the vocal sliders- could they mimic accents?

Animals
    - PLEASE please please just give us Rabbits as pets! It’s so common in the UK just let me live my pet dreams.
    - Loved the rodent cage in TS4 but the gameplay could be better, think: hamster ball that can roam the house/room, taking home the class hamster, taking them to the vets or pet store for treats / cage decor.
    - Pets should absolutely have a thirst requirement as well as hunger

Other:
    - Would LOVE to see resorts make a come back, some of my favourite gameplay was building a resort up from scratch in TS3
    - Bring back the pool bar!
    - Firewalk pit
    - Please bring back memories
    - Would love to see individual (not just household) bios brought back.
    - Bank accounts! Or individual funds (phone app or piggy bank?)
    - And last but not least, please give us a functioning fruit bowl!
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I just want my sims to have proper eye lashes. I've been using a mod to fix this and the difference is unbelievable.
  • wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    These ideas are wonderful! I'd love to see all of them :)

I agree with all of the above!! And I hope if they make this one online/multiplayer, we have the option to turn that off. The thought of having to play with others freaks me out a little bit haha!

I wouldn't be mad if it ended up being sims 3 but with better graphics!
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,396 Member
    edited October 2022
    💫 Much more interesting relationships

What’s on your list?

I'm glad you brought this up. People don't talk enough about relationships enough.

For me, there are several desires regarding relationships.

1) More one-sided relationships...i.e. Sims A and B have different relationship numerical values between each other as well as potentially different relationship types (friend, crush, etc.).
    • WHY SIMS 4 STRUGGLES WITH THIS: most relationships in the game are carbon copies between sims, which oversimplifies the game. You only need to view a relationship from one Sim to fully understand it. Prevents intrigue from asymmetric relationships, which are hard to create.

2) Speaking of relationship types, where is the variety of relationship types in the Sims 4 compared to the Sims 2 like friend, best friend, crush, going steady, engaged, married, enemies? (See attached picture)
    • WHY SIMS 4 STRUGGLES WITH THIS: just not enough types for the diversity of relationships

3) Where are the numerical scores? I want to read a number. I don't like a fuzzy bar that is small so that I can't see minute changes based on my interactions. When you make something TOO graphical and remove contextual numbers, that's a problem.
    • WHY SIMS 4 STRUGGLES WITH THIS: the indicator bars are small and have stripped away the incredible insight one can deduce from seeing numerical changes based on the interaction choices the player makes. You can see how many points one has gained or lost based on the interaction and context

4) Where is the Lifetime Relationship bar? I like the introduction of the romantic bar, but we need a third bar that represents a stable and enduring relationship. The daily relationship is heavily fluctuating and decays fast, but the lifetime relationship slowly marches to meet the daily relationship and stands in for slower growth or decay.
    • WHY SIMS 4 STRUGGLES WITH THIS: The Sims 4 conflates the daily and the lifetime relationship bar. There is just the daily relationship, and it's WAY too easy to max out. You can get married in a day. Lack of lifetime relationship makes the game have fewer consequences or challenge

1qp3ydasdho9.jpg

Disclaimer: This is not an unsolicited idea or feature request for Project Rene as EA cannot use them. This is my personal perspective/ desired feature(s) in the life simulation genre.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I want the sims to be smarter. Just an example..

- If my sim never ever uses a computer under my control but always practices cheerleading, I want the automation to make them go to the cheerleading mat but instead they’re obsessed with using a computer.

- If I set the sim to do the homework and they start the homework I want to be able to switch to their family member and trust that the homework will be done and I won’t find that they did 25% of it then went outside and did pushups in the rain and got negative moods.

- I don’t want my sim to show up at their wedding super super angry because the next door neighbour made noise 5 hours before or super sad because a food vendor at a stall you spoke to once died. Tricky one to manage but a lot of packs get hurt by this. If your sim is getting married or going on vacation or spending a day at a spa or something it can really hurt the experience if they aren’t happy and there should be positive moods to balance this out.

I do love planned and scripted chaos/silliness. If you want to make it so that my sim gets distracted from the homework and they get an urge to go exercise in the rain then feel free to add it, and make it funny. But as it currently stands it’s a design flaw that they do these things.

Also my main issue with sims 4 being a console player without MCC...

- we should have complete control over townie generation. I should be able to make any sim of my choosing the bartender at the local club. Townies should also stick to their worlds or we should be able to bar them from travelling.

I don’t want to see my San Myshuno sim up the top of a mountain a few hours after I left her in a city nightclub. And I should be able to make the entire city aliens if I want to with not a human in sight. And why does Judith Ward use literally every community lot and where is her security?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @JustinB113 Every single point you made, is something that I want implemented in the next version too!

I don't know why in the heck they ever made it so all sims from all worlds visit EVERY SINGLE WORLD! I get it if you don't have enough of your own sims to fill the roles as visitors/workers, I get it, really I do! But, I have probably over 1000 sims in my tray, why doesn't the game pull those!

I use a mod to do that job, but that should be programmed into the game and I shouldn't need to use a mod.

And, just like you said .... I should be able to decide who I want to do any job and not jump through hoops to try and do it.

TS4 should have been branded "TS4 Limited Edition" ..... as in, it has so many limitations!

It's just another case of their motto ...... "Play with Life!" and in tiny print "our way".
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    @AlpineCuriosity what do you think of better sims emotion when speaking for story purpose sims wants to find there soulmate to be with and also shows if base on selected traits sims are compatible or not example sims that are neat who like to arrive in a nice clean house if they have a maid that always argue when she with a slob sim not picking up his plate after they have a meal and when if comes to sims raising a family sims eating toghter as a family not like in the sims4 where 1 eats in the kitchen the other in the living room in front of the tv or in there bedroom, and when sims cook not use the bathroom counter but actualy cooks in the kitchen.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(