Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want in Sims 5

Comments

• honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    gameplay
    - in-depth personalities and memories
    - more realistic and impactful social/familial/romantic dynamics
    - a progressive timeline for each save that affects all inhabitants (adjustable in settings)

world
    - open neighborhoods (not open world)
    - way more lots, more realistic and mixed use
    - cars and Ubers and school buses and trains

re: seasons, i'd love to have basic weather in the base game then get a proper seasons expansion pack. by basic i mean sunny/cloudy, cold/cool/warm/hot, that's it. i'd rather them focus on making a truly solid base game than fret over snow animations and holidays.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    Something I really hope they’ll do is sort out the AI so that when needed sims can focus on a task.

Like... if my sim is taking an exam, they should sit there and take the exam unless I specifically make them to get up and go to ‘troll teh forums’ (which really isn’t something any of my sims should be compelled to do, much less if they’re supposed to be doing an exam!)

Automation on or not, once I made them sit down to take the exam they should finish it and give it their full attention.

Same with npc sims, they should sit down and eat their meal at the restaurant. They should sit at a wedding and just watch it and applause.

Planned chaos is fine, if you want sims to jump up at a wedding and start cursing at the bride then that sounds excellent. But right now this random stuff seemingly happens because of the sims base game coding not a design feature.

Hopefully these lessons can be learnt from Sims 4 and the base game can be really solid with AI and allow for the game to be better expanded on in future without the base game making things more difficult when trying to make expansions.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    We need some robust AI and charm for some surprising sims 🤪
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Color wheel
    Create a pattern
    Create a world
    Sims 2-type apartments
    Open world or open neighborhood
    More realistic objects/less big and chunky
    As many tools as possible

I want the ability to create my own world and not be stuck with a template of Maxis' idea of what my world should be.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited October 2022
    * posted twice
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    mainly for inspiration: sims 1 humor and creativity, sims 2/3 gameplay, sims 4 cas&bb
    + the smarter sims we were promised on ts4
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    Things I would like to see in a sims game:
    -I agree with others in that I'd love to see the return of attraction turn ons and turn offs, such as that of the Sims 2. I would also like there to be the option to not give a sim turn ons and turn offs, so they'd be not particular about their partners.

-Banking for the sims. The sims can store their money and collect interest, and apply for loans so they can buy a nice house instead of a starter home or a bare lot. Their bills will be higher if they take a loan until they pay it off.

-Gradual aging. Optional milestones for each age group. More CAS stuff for sims in the child stage or elder stage. Children that could ride horses (if there will ever be horses). More interactive objects for kid sims. Kids that can have occult powers.

-Optional home schooling, instead of kids and teens being forced to go to school.

-the return of personality points from the Sims1 and Sims2, but also traits from the sims 4 and sims 3 so sims can have a lot of character. More impact from traits and personality points.

-Skin tone sliders so we can make sims as dark or light as we want. More genetic hair and eye colors(dark and light brown hair, dark/light red hair, dark/light auburn hair, strawberry blonde hair, mouse brown hair, dirty/gold/light blonde hair, pale green eyes, blue-green eyes, hazel eyes, dark brown eyes, amber eyes, pale blue eyes, dark blue eyes etc.).

-Memories from the sims 2 were nice but a source of a lot of save file corruption for the game(the memory system for the sims 3 can corrupt saves too) If memories cannot be safely added to another sims game without corruption, then maybe a badge system could work for sims instead. If a sim becomes a parent for the first time by having a baby or adopting a baby, kid, or teen, the sim would get a badge saying that they became a parent for the first time. If the sim reaches the top of their career could get a different badge for that.

-Sim height (tall, medium, and short sims).

-Sims that can recognize style, and prefer decor and furniture that suit their tastes, (So some sims would like the a modern style, or vintage style, or a country style, or goth style, or a kitschy style, cute style, punk style, eco-friendly/nature style, etc.) and sims would create paintings or sculptures based on their style and prefer art from sims that share their style. The player could also choose not to give the sim a style, and that sim would have no preferences regarding this.

-The open neighborhood or world that we can see our sims moving through, like that of sims 3. Community lots with interactive jobs that sims could apply for to make simoleons, such as being a waiter or barista, or helping other sims finds homes as a real estate agent.

-The ability to make our own neighborhoods, as Sims 2 had that and sims 3 had the create a world application.

-Being able to customize furniture and clothes color and patterns in game like in the Sims 3.

-Sims can rent houses and rooms belonging to NPCs and other sims.

-Sims having a favorite color and liking objects more if it's their favorite color.

-Interactive objects will not make the sims obsessed with using them and forget their basic needs. Objects could have a decaying attractiveness, and sims go crazy for the object when it is new, but the newness wears off and sims won't use them autonomously so often as time progresses. Maybe recoloring the object or moving it around the sim's home lot will renew some interest in the object for a brief time though.

-Jobs that usually require high education such as becoming a doctor would appear after a university expansion is released so occupations would be more realistic. Starter careers would be types that would not always require a person to have a higher education but would require skills and the correct traits to progress and get promoted, such as artist, real estate agent, pet trainer, social media star, firefighter, salesperson, stylist, business owner, banker, office work, auto mechanic or repairperson, computer hacker/programmer, movie actor, criminal or stylist, etc.

-Universal skills for sims. New skills will be patched in, and we can download sims from other players or EA regardless of which expansion or stuff pack we have. The base game offers objects and challenges that allow sims to develop some skills, but new packs contain more objects that teach even more skills. If we want the sim to continue to develop specific skills then we could buy the expansion or stuff pack that provides the object that continues the skill.

-Universal Traits for sims. New traits for sims would be patched instead of confined to a pack.

-Sims being able to form a musical band or manage a band.

-Hybrid occults. Maybe a sim can gain new occults or powers as a reward. Custom occults made by the player.

-If the new sims game is going to be online or a combination of online/offline, then I would like that EA allows sim players and their sims to journey to EA made neighborhoods and access new content and see examples of it in gameplay before we bay anything. If we want the new objects offline then we could buy the pack, but we should be able to see them in the online game. Online challenges that don't always require a player to interact with another player but can interact with Sims NPCs instead if we need to use sims to accomplish challenges. So an NPC can help a player out if they cannot find a real player.

-More stories regarding premade sims from EA. More sims based on sims from the previous games.

-No errors or game bugs (but I understand that that may be a miracle for such a complex game).
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    For me, I would like really high quality looking Sims.
  • BallroomBallroom Posts: 19 Member
    I think it'll be kinda cool to have worlds be empty first.
    I wish there was life goal of being the world's greatest dancer that knowns all the different dances around the world.
    Personality traits: Alpha, Sigma, Beta, Delta, Gamma, and Omega

Also, these types of personalities are INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENTP, INFJ, INFP, ENFJ, ENFP, ISTJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ESFJ, ISTP, ISFP, ESTP, and ESFP.
    I want a sim who wants to become a wrestler.
    It would be nice to be able to either sell a sim's cellphone or other handheld technology, or just being able to not buy those objects for sims; so that we can play sims in "off the grid" or going back to nature type challenges or do historical stories where tech does not exist.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    logion wrote: »
    ...Sims can be seen doing things in the world, like neighbors mowing the lawn, kids taking the school bus to school etc...
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I want the game to feel like a game again.

Make it challenging, give us risks, meaningful rewards, random events, a changing neighborhood beyond story progression, etc.

This and this! Make the worlds feel more alive. Give me small and intimate neighbourhoods that grow and evolve, where I can see everything going on all at once with no loading screens, and let me build that neighbourhood from the ground up.
    -Ability to style hair. Maybe hairstyles can be applied in sections, so that I can give a sim a special hairstyle instead of using a premade hairstyle that could eventually be outdated. I could add one type of style to one section of a sim's head, a different type of hair to the other side of their head and add different bangs/fringes. A sim could then have asymmetrical or symmetrical styles.

-Please allow sims to have big family trees in game.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    MORE GAMEPLAY
    The Sims should act like a family in the Sims 4 yes they were sociable but it seems the player had to put more effort for sims to talk to actual family members then the townies. Like for ex. Have a family game night, family dinner, family movie night, family vacation.

Also again the proposal/wedding Sims will need to be more celebratory then they did in Sims 4 double wedding for female Sims a diamond ring and wedding band. Also when Sims propose have the Sims with the ring show it off. Also have other Sims react to the proposal if they are near by. Ask parent if they have one for blessing. I want the wedding to be like Sims 4 but not all bunch up I think that was the problem how we had everyone sit down, and eat, and dance. Like let it be autonomously also I did like choosing your sim of honor, flower pal and Ring barrier, I did like the parties. We need veils long veils short veils we need veils. Loved the cakes.

We need juicers and toasters, crock pot, good processor. Can we have both poor food and burnt food.

Actual sick Sims go to the doctors with a doctor's note saying would be out from work or school in a couple of days. Also keep the medicine if you don't want to go to the doctor's office/hospital. Bring Back Grandma chicken soup.

School no actual going to the school for me I'm sorry it had to many bugs for one and it had no actual in class gameplay in the Sims 4 so in the Sims 5 I want more game play like in Sims 3 I want a summer vacation from school, after school activities like book club, football, soccer, ballet, volleyball, theater club etc. Different homework please. Prom and graduation ceremony.

More Lots both residential and communities.
    The Sims 4 was so limited that y'all were pushing out places that we didn't have lots to build them on so I would appreciate it if we had lots like in Sims 2 and 3. Bring Back create a world.

Vechiles please bring vechiles Sims 4 has no vechiles and just no please Sims 5 have vechiles introduce them early early early in the game please. Also game play with the vechiles like in Sims 2.

Sims lifestage
    Baby (no object baby but like babies from the Sims 2 and 3.)
    Infant (because y'all put them in Sims 4 so they crawl. )
    Toddler
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    YA
    A
    Middle aged
    Elder (Don't have elders die so easily like y'all did in Sims 4 when it comes to woohoo. Elders would like to have fun to before they die just saying lol.)

Bring Burglars back the suspense gameplay had you on your toes in Sims 2 and 3 please bring them back. With the cop career so you can see the robber on jail like in Sims 4.

Vacations like actual vacation not like in Sims 4 where Sims go on adventure I mean they if they want but also have leisure time and rest and enjoy the hotel or resort. Like in Sims 2.

Amusement park and festivals where you actually can do stuff. Like ferris wheel, and the love boat, scary mansion ride, also a roller coaster or two. With games like highest score gets a plush.

Pregnant Sims baby shower party, sonogram, knowing the gender before birth, pregnancy cravings. Baby kicks.
    This would be a funny one. Toilet Paper which one: under or over? lol
    Can someone make Hermits from Hermitcraft?
    I would like to be able to add individual freckles, birthmarks, vitiligo and moles on any part of the sim (like adding markings onto sims pets), or to be able to draw directly onto a sim.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    octotiger wrote: »
    It would be nice to be able to either sell a sim's cellphone or other handheld technology, or just being able to not buy those objects for sims; so that we can play sims in "off the grid" or going back to nature type challenges or do historical stories where tech does not exist.

I would absolutely love a historical expansion pack for TS5; ideally two expansions so there could be a 20th century focus for one and a 19th century focus for the other. They could be released along with free patches including a few relevant historical items and the ability to forgo modern technology. Like with the free patch you could buy a landline and a typewriter, and you could rely on postal mail and order newspaper delivery. "Newspaper kid" could be a paid child activity.
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    edited October 2022
    I want it to be named Sims 5.
    +the removal of predatory business model.
    Post edited by Markoosh on
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited November 2022
    I would like to see Creative Tools updated to modern techonology such as CAS, create world, create your own food/drinks/bakeries, create patterns etc. Seasons and gardening/farming/animals. More details like abilitiy to add blankets and beddings on top of beds/couch. I mostly enjoy the creative part of the game and creative community with the legacy/challenge type of gameplay. But I think I already saw free pillow placements, was awesome! Sims hight slider for CAS would be so cool and amazing too. And ofcourse colorwheels. For gameplay I would like to see improved social relationship between sims like more detailed familytrees descriping their relationship if it was good/neutral/bad and if they were married/singe etc. Depth for Premade sims stories and their backgrounds. Making jobs for npc´s from the Sims 4 like they have on the journey to batuu and Henford.
    Post edited by Jadeleine on
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited October 2022
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I want the game to feel like a game again.

Make it challenging, give us risks, meaningful rewards, random events, a changing neighborhood beyond story progression, etc.

This! It doesn't need to just keep on becoming a better dollhouse and barbie fashion simulator. It was a game everyone loved, and then stopped being as gamelike over time. It is likely easier and therefore cheaper to produce useless clutter items to strew around a house meant for show and nothing else, and also make clothing items by the hundreds because nothing can be customized or changed like in 3.

Radiators should actually make the room warm, an old-fashioned Woodstock should not only cook food but also keep the place warm, and shelves built into things should be able to have objects put on them.

Edited because autocorrect turned 'strew' into 'screws making me sound rude! Lol
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited November 2022
    It would be interesting to develop the game as a whole picture instead of a bunch of random pieces.
    Unlike the other games, this universe is not designed to be coherent. For example Fear is used with Werewolves but not with Vampires.
    "Pack Upgrade" should be a part of the process.

The other thing that could be nice would be a deeper level of tuning without using mods, console and mobile players could appreciate it.
    The Sims is like a car, some people use it as a simple tool and some other people customize it from the wheels to the engine.

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2022
    My request for the next generation is deceptively simple. I would like the next installment to feel like a Sims game again. In other words, I would like the Sims to be the main focus, not clothes, not endless tchotchkes. I would like the promise of smarter, weirder Sims to become reality. Simulation is key.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg