Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Para-lives Or Sims 5?

I’m just wondering do you guys believe paralives will be better or the sims 5?

Comments

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I'm not going to be comparing them. Paralives is its own separate game. I will try both.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited October 2022
    So far I don't like either :sweat_smile:

Paralives probably even less so though
    its just not really my type of game and so far The Sims has been my type of game giving it at least tiny glimmer of interest

really though so far I've yet to see anything i particularily like about ts5 either tho so I am not into it

sure they barely started but meh no vibes available
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WinterBeastlyWinterBeastly Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 5. I'm just not interested in Paralives. I check it out over on Steam and sorry it just seems like a sims knock off or a polished version of the Metaverse or whatever they're calling that virtual Facebook thing
    Sims 5. I'm just not interested in Paralives. I check it out over on Steam and sorry it just seems like a sims knock off or a polished version of the Metaverse or whatever they're calling that virtual Facebook thing

If you follow the discord or the Patreon updates you would know that's not accurate.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    So far I don't like either :sweat_smile:

Paralives probably even less so though

This so much ^^
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    I’m excited for both. I’m glad the sims will have a competitor, I think it’s good for both games to have some so they will try and work hard at making the games great
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I’m just wondering do you guys believe paralives will be better or the sims 5?

That's hard to say. I'm thinking they ll both be awesome and it will be a tie.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    The last time I dreamed about a good Sims game, TS4 came out. So I'm not gonna talk about TS5 for now. Paralives seems like a good game and I'm still waiting for some kind of test version or full version, or anything.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
    Will Wright built the engine that Sims 1 and 2 runs on. Sims 3 built a brand new engine with new sims (which I certainly felt). In my opinion, it was weaker, but the game gave us so much content (e.g. world adventures) and the open world was enjoyable at the time.

I definitely feel apprehensive about a brand new refresh for the Sims 5 since it's a lot of rebuilding from the ground up and another opportunity to miss the mark on specific algorithms and tweaked variables that I think many people are used to from their favorite iteration of the Sims.

Basically, Sims 1/2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 all feel so DIFFERENT to play. The Sims feel different, they behave differently, their AI is different, and their needs decay differently. It's a total guessing game what Sims Rene will feel like to play.

At least with Paralives, it's a completely different developer and an indie game so I don't have expectations.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    The Sims 5 will be much more superior compared to Paralives. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    The Sims 5 will be much more superior compared to Paralives. o:)

Whatever game is superior is whatever game best suits my preferences and playstyle.
  • jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
    I think they'll be equally great!
  • DkaffeDkaffe Posts: 27 Member
    Didn't even know something like that existed. Competition is always good I guess. Either you end up having a very valid alternative or your main games publishers / devs are motivated to step up their game. ✨
    r3Mheab.png
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    Unless I see reviews saying Paralives is exceptional the greatest thing in video games and it becomes pop culture and has millions and millions of players loving it then I’m going to give it a miss. It doesn’t look that good in my opinion.

Sims 5 I will buy for sure unless I see lots of reviews saying it has problems or no content. But I’m expecting it to be good.

Paralives is an indie game made by a handful of people with little experience and it’s been in development so long that a lot of people are wondering if it’s just a scam at this point. I don’t think it’s a scam but I’m expecting a lot of people to be really disappointed. The devs has made it out like it will have all the features of a sims game with the all the packs and it’s just not feasible.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I think they will be different games with different graphics and different depths but there is room in my life for both. Looking forward to both of them.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It's really hard to tell right now we have only seen Sims 5 build mode which looks like a complete copy of Paralives seeing as I don't care about multiplayer I'm giving Paralives the win in build so far.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited October 2022
    I have feared Paralives may be overly ambitious for a small group but we shall see.

There's a lot of set dressing and cutting corners when it comes to animations for Sims 4, so it will be interesting to see if anything changes in Sims 5. Will snow depth return? Will Sims ride elevator's without teleporting? Will the world objects have interactions on them in Sims 5?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    The next Sims game will definitely exist.
    Paralives has yet to convince me that it will exist.
    gen3-banner.png
    edited October 2022
    The next Sims game will definitely exist.
    Paralives has yet to convince me that it will exist.

What would you need to see for these devs to convince you they are making an actual game?
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
  • BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    I had to search this as I hadn't heard of Paralives. I am absolutely going to purchase this when it's released. (I'll forever buy The Sims, that's not even a question for me.)
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2022
    I don't like the style of the characters in Paralives. I am really interested in seeing what the Sims will look like in TS5.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,659 Member
    It's still early for both titles. I feel like @rjssim, the look of the Paralives characters is a bit of a turn off at the moment. That's the first big test for me with a game like this. There's much more to it, but the look of the characters can pull me in or push me away quickly. If the look of the characters isn't good the gameplay has to be really really good to get me over that hump. I haven't seen enough gameplay yet to totally make up my mind, but if I had to choose one way or the other right now, I'd say no to Paralives. I'm still open to the idea of buying it, but they have work to do to get me fully on board.

I can't wait to see the TS5 sims, and I hope they're not a radical change from the TS4 sims. I really love the look of the current sims and feel like they just need a few updates to be perfect, looks wise. Sliders to adjust each individuals height and hair physics to make it move as they move are the two changes I most want to see. The AI is a whole other story. Throw it out and start over.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Unfortunately, Paralives aren't even on the market. So, it's Disney Dreamlight Valley for me. ;)
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    If my sims3 dlcs and packs are taken from me, as is currently the case with the EA app, I might turn my back on the whole shebang and find a new hobby entirely. Once burned twice shy, and it's no small potatoes to me to spend that much on a game, only to have that sum "disappeared' on me.

Am reserving judgment in hopes they will not do sims3 players dirty much longer.

Assuming they fix the issue, I'll be glad to explore sims5 unless it is only for an ongoing subscription fee. Already figured out that endlessly renting things we want to keep, is a bad enough bargain that it would motivate me to find something else to want, instead.

As for Paralivss, I follow the Discord channel loosely, and intend to keep listening to what people are saying, once it ever debuts, but I won't be an early adopter. My impression of paralives so far is that it seems mostly focused on being a building and cas sandbox and I want gameplay depth and surprises more like sims2 and 3.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • TzivaTziva Posts: 19 Member
    I don't really understand how one can form an opinion since we've seen so little of either, especially Sims 5. Even Paralives is still very early in development, although what they've shown definitely looks nice.

Ultimately it will probably come down to personal preference in terms of aesthetics or gameplay, but I also wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who enjoy life sims ended up playing both.

> @simmerorigin said:
    > What would you need to see for these devs to convince you they are making an actual game?

I don't think the question is whether it is being worked on. It clearly is, but sadly that doesn't mean it won't become vaporware. It is a very ambitious project from a new indie company that has not released a product before. While I'd love to see it come to fruition, many many many many games in that scenario never end up making it to release for a variety of reasons. I hope that isn't the case, but as someone familiar with the industry I don't think the person you're responding to being cynical is unwarranted.