Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 *speculation*

doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
There has been a lot of talk about The Sims 5 I really do think it’s time now the game play on TS4 is getting a bit stale with this in mind what do you expect to see in TS5?

Hear is my list:
  • New Graphics engine
  • Weather in the base game there
  • Smarter sims that can learn
  • Better worlds ( preferably open world)
  • Hobbys like Warhammer or RPG D&D style game that sims can play
  • Better Festival’s I want my 3 day camping music festival mayhem
  • Better decor
  • better fashion
  • An open world
  • A transport system with gameplay transport hubs Train Stations buses
That’s just a few things that the new game needs as a base.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited September 2022
    I have two things that are a must (or I won't buy it at all) and two things that I'd love to see in the base game (iffy on not buying it if they're not in it)

the musts:
    A color wheel or color pallet - EA can make their own colors as well, but at very least I'm going to need an option with about 16 basic colors that I can recolor most of the items in whatever I would like to color them in. I can do without create a pattern, I liked it but I understand that was part of the drain on Sims 3.

Semi-open world/Open Neighborhood - Realizing again that a fully open world was part of the drain in Sims 3, I can understand if we don't ever see fully open worlds again. I would completely happy with open neighborhoods with up to 6 lots each.

Without both of these, I see no real reason to switch from what we have in Sims 4. Ever.

the big wants:
    Basic weather in the base game - almost every other "big budget" simulation game has basic weather in it. By that I mean, rain and snow. Just give us rain and snow, EA. Not every day has to be a sunny day of happiness and I'm tired of paying for, and more importantly, waiting for several years for, any kind of weather options. If it raises the price of the game, so be it. I'm much rather pay a bit more for it upfront than wait for it for any amount of time. More involved seasons/festivals/holidays etc can come in a pack through, that's fine with me.

Basic pets - I know this is a big money maker, but at this point, I think the idea of a cat/dog EP should be retired and should be in the base game. Again, it's more an issue of waiting for it for however long than spending money on it. As above, if the game needs to cost a little more to add cats and dogs from the start, so be it. An extended Pets EP could add in more types of pets.

These two themes represent what I feel are the most integral parts of life. It's not exactly activities, pets and weather can have a big impact on our real lives, and having them in from the start would, to me, make the game feel more alive on day one.

If we got the two "musts" and only got one of the two of basic weather/basic pets, I would be interested in buying it eventually, probably on sale, because I'm sure the other would come eventually. Getting all four things from base launch though, I think there's a good chance I would get at least the base game on day one.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    I think open world is the one thing I don't want to see again. I know it's very popular with a lot of people, but for me open world and shiny textures and bright light made the game unplayable. I mean, it's all nice seeing your neighbors go about their own yard, but what what use is the open neighborhood when all the sims are someplace else when you visit a lot? I would visit a bar or a park, and all other sims were either working or home sleeping and it was just my sim there. You couldn't talk to anyone because everyone had some place else to go to.
    What I would like to see it's ability to place lots of different sizes and to design our own neighbourhoods. And I second the request for a public transport system with buses, trains, ferries and planes.
  • YesshesasimmerYesshesasimmer Posts: 95 Member
    I hope the TS5 have more active career options. Get to work was great but after the first few sims, the fun of it slowed. I would really like to see more building lots in each world. Building is one of my favorites parts but some of the words only come with a few lots. Also the ability to build functional apartments buildings. Lastly, a semi create a world options.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    For me, my wishes are the following:
    • More available interactions
    • More versatile and consequential personalities
    • One sided relationships (where a sim can like someone who hates them, or have a crush on someone who doesn't feel the same way)
    • Weather, seasons and holidays in base game (toggable on and off)
    • Restaurants and cafés as bg venues (to visit, not own or run - owning a business could be an expansion pack)
    • More customizability, à la MCCC, where you can set days in life span, whether and seasons on and off, difficulty levels, townies...
    • The club-system
    • Buildable apartments and terraced houses (I'm perfectly fine with this comes in an expansion pack)
    • Active careers (not all but some already in bg would be nice. Active schools would be nice too)
    • More careers
    • Larger worlds, preferably with open neighborhoods (4-5 lots that load at the same time that you can move between)
    • Cars and transport systems
    • Babies as a life stage instead of an object, or at least a more versatile object
    • Some kind of change between adult and elderly sims (visually or by another life stage)
    • More kinds of events and ability to plan things like dates in the calendar
    • More varied festivals and parties
    • The ability to place lots where you want them, and to change size of lots
    • The ability to build to the edge of your lot and put two lots right next door too each other
    • Families to do what they are expected to do even when you're not actively playing them (go to work/school, go to bed and sleep)
    • Consequences for actions
    • A bigger difference between the life stages, in needs, in behaviour, in wants and fears
    • An attraction system of some kind
    • An online dating system

Just to name a few.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • PandaTeenMcQueenPandaTeenMcQueen Posts: 5 New Member
    For us, it will be for Sims 5

* Cutscenes
    * Massively Multiplayer Online with active internet connection
    * Some servers
    * Simpoints and Simcash
    * Will have crossplay with PC, console games and mobile

And the drawback for upcoming Sims 5:
    * No more CC and mods for Sims 5
    * Single player won't be available for Sims 5 unless there are changes.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I'm not settling for anything LESS than open world. Computer tech has come far enough that open world shouldn't give the computers such a hard time. I'd be even willing to settle for Sims 4 cartoonish graphics if it comes to having an open world with multiple developable lots.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    While the Sims 4 is unplayable, the Sims 5 is well beyond any possible consideration for me.

They need to put Project Rene on the back burner and focus on meaningful improvements for the Sims 4.

First, I need my faith in the franchise restored and a reason to download the Sims 4 again. Afterward, we can think about Project Rene and a potential Sims 5.
  • sh3nanigans___5sh3nanigans___5 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a lot of wishes for TS5 and I’m really hopeful with years ahead of development that they can take the time to gather feedback and make a game that most if not all of the community can love. I’ve posted on other threads, but my most simple ideas are teens that look like teens and a fruit bowl that functions! 😂