Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does anyone feel about project rene

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    At this moment in time, I don't care for it.

Usually, I would encourage cross-platform and co-op games, but the mention of them working with the mobile teams is a red flag for me. It reminds me of how adamant they are on making the Sims 4 run on potato computers, and as a result, I think innovation and potential has really been lost. I guess we'll see how that pans out in a few years huh.

I was reminded of Paralives when I saw certain Project Rene previews. Yeah, it's subject to change and isn't the final product, but something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. I grow more curious and excited for Paralives with each update, so Maxis are really gonna have to pull it out of the bag if they want to capture my attention.

Overall, not much else to say except for 'meh' I guess lol.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    The mobile part makes me scared I don't want sims five to be like sims mobile.
    I really hope sims five is good.

Why I don't like the idea cross platform.The game is still not being design as a mobile game, but a PC one.

its gonna hurt the game to be on mobile
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    I’m open minded at this point after watching the stream, but I still have some concerns about whether or not offline will be fully supported or if it’s going to be forced to play second to multiplayer. Also the more tech savvy simmers saying that multiplatform connectivity is going drag down the experience for PC and Mac players raises some questions and concerns. But it’s all waiting, watching, and speculating. I’ll keep on enjoying what I have in the here and now.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    At the moment I just feel indifferent. Build mode isn't something that I care about at all, I need to see how the sims look, the graphics/art style, what the gameplay's like, if it's open world, etc before I can start to get excited
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2022
    Now that it's been officially announced and I've had a day to mull it over, I'm just mehhhh about it.

I mean I'm excited and want to learn more like RIGHT NOW!! (because I've been wanting it to come for a long time). But it's still so sooo soooooo far away until it's released, I just don't want to keep thinking about it because it will make the wait seem that much longer.

And, we already know that they give very little info and won't be as transparent at updating the fans as often as some other game devs do (even though they said they'd update us, we've been told that many, many times in the past about things with TS4 and never heard another peep out of them), so I personally think we'll hear very little, which will just make the wait seem even more eternal.

I'm super happy about the customization aspect, which is one of the things that was a "must have for me to purchase".

I do hope they are upfront and forthcoming on what is NOT going to be in the game so that fans can accept it and get over their anger before it's released.

Such as:
    • If there's not going to be an open-world, then state that!
    • If it's going to be set up exactly like TS4 and you have to hit a loading screen when you want to enter a new lot ... state that!
    • If worlds won't be customizable/modifiable by simmers .... state that!
    • If the worlds are going to be teeny, tiny again with a lot of fake backdrops taking up all of the real estate space .... then state that!
    • If simmers won't be able to create multi-functional lots .... state that!
    • If simmers won't be able to build their own apartment type lots in any world they want .... state that!

Those are all deal breakers for me, so I'd rather know upfront that these things won't be part of the game, because this will help determine if I'm buying it or not. I don't want to do the same thing I did with TS4 and thought for sure those things would eventually be added.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm not sure how I feel. I hope it is well executed in the end. I hope we have the option of single and multiplayer. I hope I can play without mods as I do with Sims 3 and when I played Sims 1 and Sims 2. Sims 4 is the only game in the entire franchise I play heavily modded. As much as I like the mods and CC I would rather play and enjoy any of the Sims games unmodded. I really hope that is the case with Sims 5 when it finally is released.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    A couple of years ago I would have been super hyped about a new game but now I don't know. Hearing that it will be a game playable on mobile sounds limited to me. I know the new phones have more GB's than my first computer I played Sims1 on, but it makes it sound even more like a "Doll house" game. Where's the challenge and surprises? Sims4 is bad enough in that aspect.
    I like what I saw of the build mode, patterns, colors etc. and not being forced to put items in a grid but that is already something we can do with simple cheats - so not much new there.
    I will have to know more to become excited. Can we customize our open world, no background unusable buildings, will the Sims have personality? If all that will be true I will be excited.

• Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It makes me want to cry for the old games. `

Why? 🤔 We only saw a five minute presentation yesterday.

Why not? Why can't I? What is different this time?
    I read "cross platforms" and I remember how TS4 started.

Agreed. Unless the executables are vastly different across the platforms, then cross platform is basically a synonym for lightweight simulation.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited October 2022
    So, we saw build mode. That's not exactly surprising. I think Sims 1 even started dev as an architectural simulator. I think that's typically the first mode that's worked on.

I'm really only interested in live mode though.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Sims 4 is my very first sims game and my very first EA game. EA the company has left me with such a terrible gaming experience that I don't see how they won't make the new game into a terrible gaming experience too? What in management will be changing to ensure we get a quality gaming experience? Nothing from what I saw.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    The Sims themselves must of course always be the main-focus here so hopefully they’re already working on this matter and will be ready to share more details on the sim-development/gameplay plans in future live streams.

Yes exactly! I completely understand them working on the building first, it makes the most sense.

But for me, I’ll get more interested once we see the sims and the world and what they can do. I have good hopes for it, and it’s interesting to watch the building in the meantime.
  • Options
    LadyKare64LadyKare64 Posts: 24 Member
    For a person who constantly fights to match my decor with the wall paper or flooring, this color wheel will be great! Also the control of the tiniest objects will be so helpful, my builds are very detailed. I miss the fact that cannot add more build lots like the original games, I run out of build lots often. Like Magnolia Promenade, one build lot, what's with that? It is just the waste of a world.

In order for me to build more, I often have to create another new world because I run out of building lots. I am excited to see and do more. I am glad they are bringing some of the older things back. Too bad they couldn't just keep adding, without taking away.

I hope this helps me make my builds better, since I Love to share them.

Thank you
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,190 Member
    I'm still confused about the "multi-player" part. Is it going to be for actually playing the game or just creating/designing in a collaboration style for lots, venues, rooms, etc? I re-watched that part of the stream 3x and I'm still not sure.

I mean I saw where there were other people in that room, because you could see their names whenever they were mousing around and doing stuff in the room. I also saw a number in the upper left corner (maybe to indicate either how many other players are on that lot or maybe how many people are on your friend's list). I also noticed a green dot on the avatar in that same area of the UI, which typically indicates if you are online).
    fh2wAq2.png

And, I saw where you could save your creation either for only yourself or share with anybody on "Maxis Lab" it said, which I'm sure will not be the name but more like what the gallery is. It also said that a copy of the creation (in the example they showed, it was a room) would also be saved in the catalog and in the player's library.

But what I'm most confused about is if it's going to be more a private online thing and not an actual MMO because I also heard her say something about "You can choose to play or create by yourself or with your closest friends regardless of what platform they're on".

All in all, I personally am super excited about the next iteration being "officially announced". And I'm even MORE excited for the return of the color-wheel and some sort of scaled down CASt option. And ridiculously excited for the ability to choose different aspects of the objects (headboard, footboard, sheets, etc) freely being able to place items and to rotate them on any axis, etc.

And if they give us the ability to edit/modify the world as we want (without all of the fake buildings and useless real estate space) along with the ability to create our own apartments (in any world we chose) ..... I will be 1st of the line buyer.

Plus if this is the art style they're going with, I'm ok with it. It's a little more realistic (more details on items) not quite so cartoonish, and much less fisher price doll-house clunky and chunky.

Overall, I'm pleased!!

But, I will add ...... if it's an MMO, where complete strangers are roaming around anywhere and everywhere causing havoc here, there, and yonder, you can definitely count me out! I played Second Life for over 9 years, been there ... done that! Not doing it again.

Private areas where you have to invite other people to visit if you choose I'm ok with. Because I don't have any online friends (or RL friends who play this game) so that would be perfectly fine with me since it would be irrelevant to me personally.

And another thing ...... If the "solo play" is dummied down so much to be able to accommodate this cross-platform ability (not sure how a phone will be able to handle a "real game") and it turns out to be TS4.2 .... I also won't shell out money for this game because if I was ok with limitations and non-depth gameplay, I would stick with TS4.

They said they will be a single player mode and multiplayer is optional.Its not an mmo.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    It looks okay so far, but I still like the cartoony style of TS4 better. The biggest thing for me will be how the Sims themselves will look!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,190 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    It looks okay so far, but I still like the cartoony style of TS4 better. The biggest thing for me will be how the Sims themselves will look!

I personally don't like the cartoon style in four.Its too kiddish. So I glad for a my hybrid style.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm getting a little tired of the Sims 4 style for my taste. The Project Rene prototype seems to look almost exactly like Sims 4. I generally prefer high-poly models, better textures, and more dramatic lighting while still being "cartoony" and not hyperrealistic.

Love this lighting:
    yly60z0x1lli.png
    MTS_dDefinder-817613-2.jpg

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I am very excited for it! It looks fantastic so far. I'm sure there will be things that I don't like here and there, but with a create a style type of tool and the very cool way you can change the furniture, to me, that ROCKS! I'm real glad Lyndsey is still at Maxis, and I loved seeing her again. If she reads this (waves) Hi Lyndsey!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8