Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So we know babies are coming but what items!?!?

2...Next

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    Not suggesting dlc objects since I'm not investing more money in this game. However I would love if the patch added the ability to invite relatives/friends to babysit babies, toddlers and children (even though they can stay home alone). Been wanting this forever.

I was going to suggest babysitting but then idk because we have the nanny.

This is a feature from The Sims 2 Apartments. Babysitting services wouldn't be affected.

I know all about the nanny it's just getting teenagers and elderly ones to babysit when we can just call a nanny. I would want teens to get paid watching babies almost like the baby sitter's club.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Play-mat, bottle warmer, walker, high chair, processed baby food machine, ability to dress them in CAS, baby gate for doors/stairs, ability to wash them in the sink, teach to walk and talk, learn a new set of skills, draw on the walls, have phases like cry baby and fussy, plenty of logic toys and stuffed animals they can play with.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited October 2022
    A playpen would be cool, but also maybe some child-gate fence types. Maybe like what you'd use to block the stairs irl.

If you have Get Famous, the tape in fencing keeps Sims off the stairs, just fine. :) Of course, you have to remember to remove it, or nobody will be on the stairs. LOL

In my current game save, my Rock Star still has his older and next younger brother living at his home. So anytime, Erik and kayleigh wish to get out, one of the brothers is usually there. No need to hire a sitter. I don't like the Nannies, they are on the odd/freaky side, calling your kids to come over all of the time.

I miss the playmat made available in Sims2!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited October 2022
    I seriously can't wait!!

CAS
    • Onesies
    • Diapers
    • Socks
    • Pacifiers
    • Hats
    • New traits just for babies

Build/Buy
    • Baby swings
    • Cribs
    • Changing tables
    • toys
    • stroller
    • Playmat
    • Plushies

Gameplay
    • Crawling
    • learning to walk around furniture
    • Interactions with toddlers and children (maybe holding them on the sofa, playing with them, and talking to them)
    • Reading/rocking the baby to sleep (I would also love to read kids to sleep as well)
    • Being able to take them on walks either in a stroller or a baby sling

Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Wow! I'm so happy for you all. I bet it'll be so much fun to see them crawling around.

I hope they don't forget interactions between babies/siblings. :)
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Ability to share bath so parents could bath with kid or two kid play with each another in bath or adult just have fun time XD
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
    I don't know about learning to walk because toddlers already knows how to walk so that immersion may not go. Also I think the reason they have them crawling was because most simmers if not all were heavily vocalizing why babies were stuck to their cribs I guess this is way for babies to be out of the cribs by crawling around and what not.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I don't know about learning to walk because toddlers already knows how to walk so that immersion may not go. Also I think the reason they have them crawling was because most simmers if not all were heavily vocalizing why babies were stuck to their cribs I guess this is way for babies to be out of the cribs by crawling around and what not.

Newborn babies are mostly stuck in their crib. These new babies seem to be older about 7m-1 year old when they start sitting, crawling and taking their first steps. Hope they are a new life stage and don't entirely replace the current babies. Would be nice to have strollers though for the newborn babies or at least a moses basket to be able to carry them around with you.
    crocobaura wrote: »

Newborn babies are mostly stuck in their crib. These new babies seem to be older about 7m-1 year old when they start sitting, crawling and taking their first steps. Hope they are a new life stage and don't entirely replace the current babies. Would be nice to have strollers though for the newborn babies or at least a moses basket to be able to carry them around with you.

I disagree about replacing the older babies stuck in the crib what? it's a new born then a day or 2 it's this baby then 2-3 days later it's a toddler babies have a shorter lifespan then any other life stage. I would like this baby but like I said before we only saw a few seconds of this baby I'll wait to see.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I disagree about replacing the older babies stuck in the crib what? it's a new born then a day or 2 it's this baby then 2-3 days later it's a toddler babies have a shorter lifespan then any other life stage. I would like this baby but like I said before we only saw a few seconds of this baby I'll wait to see.

I don't mind the short lifespans, I usually play with aging off and age the sims whenever I feel like. In real life babies are stuck to their cribs for a few short months only so it makes sense that in the sims their lifespan will not be too long.

I don't mind the short lifespans, I usually play with aging off and age the sims whenever I feel like. In real life babies are stuck to their cribs for a few short months only so it makes sense that in the sims their lifespan will not be too long.

Also the new life stage infants is speculation Sims community's opinion they tried to state as a fact I'm not on that hype train just until I get more info.

Also toys that babies play on the floor like a floor mat with toys and that one thing where babies sit on the floor and they rock the baby. Should we have diaper bags or no???

I think like the other life stages, the length will be determined by what game-length you choose. Personally, I play on Long. I wanted Epic, but we got Long, and I have learned to adapt to it. Babies in my Long game last for six days before they age up to Toddler. It will be very interesting to see how many Sim days this infant stage will last. If it's fun, (and I'm guessing it will be so, as the kid will be mobile!) then we might wish for longer rather than shorter time. I'm hoping that like Toddlers, they have skills to develop. I don't want to get myself too excited over the possibilities, lest I come away disappointed in the end.

I don't mind keeping the objects, either. Most newborns sleep most of the time anyway. It's fitting for them to be in the BASSINET. May babies outgrow such a bed by three months of age (the end of the period known as newborn). I hope if they include cribs, that the side can be lowered the way they worked in Sims2. I really hope that with some of the babies (not all) will have the ability to remove themselves from the crib. That was a hoot in Sims2. I think they had to have a certain skill level in order to climb out. Been too long, I flat out don't remember all of the details.

I'm certain there are modders out there chomping at the bit, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    edited October 2022
    From SummitGuruFrost:

Replying to @flutequeen1993 and @SimGuruLyndsay
    Infants will be a new life stage added to The Sims 4 Base Game.
    12:09 PM · Oct 20, 2022
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    What @GalacticGal so does that mean we are are getting this today???? Or my old eye not reading this right.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2022
    I really like a lot of the CAS, Build/Buy, and gameplay items already mentioned.

I'm hoping for some nice new infant beds.
    Infant-bed.jpg

Also hoping we get items in these pictures as well. It would be nice to be able to warm up and hand our infant a bottle. Also hoping the infant carrier is added to the game so that our Sims can take their infants with them when they leave the house.
    Infant-Items.png

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    What @GalacticGal so does that mean we are are getting this today???? Or my old eye not reading this right.

I think she meant to post this :)

so those were just timestamps of the tweet :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I made a post with some of what I wanna see. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18194357#Comment_18194357

But some items would be like:
    1.Teething rings, which would really help feed into toddlers bc those already eat solid food and have their teeth. The baby sling that let's you wrap them on your body. Those can hold more than one baby too on front of you. Or one on front one on the back.
    2.The boppy pillow that let's them sit up and keeps their heads elevated.
    3. Baby food
    4. Baby toys. Like Simmer Price instead of Fisher. Cow goes moo type toys. Maybe with the animals from the farm pack.
    5. Obvi strollers and baby swings
    6. Walker. I know toddlers gain movement skill but they don't really crawl all that much. They stumble. And the first thing they do from age up is take their first steps. So a baby walker would be really helpful again as a tie in.
    7. A baby highchair since they're different.
    8. Maternity wear. Cute stuff.
    9. Pregnancy pillows
    10. Baby bathtub/those ones you can put in the bathtub or sink to keep them more secure
    11. Changing station, diaper genie
    12. Cloth diaper options
    13. Gender neutral clothing for babies and toddlers, and then more for those going up.

And I hope most of it comes with babies well infant life stage. I feel like they'll probably do a stuff pack for extra stuff like they did with toddlers. Hopefully they won't try to get us with kits. But hopefully they give most of it in a free update and only add things like idk

1. New camera stuff for your baby's first photo shoot
    2. First birthday stuff

You know the nonessential things that would make it really awesome but also wouldn't take away from gameplay by not shelling out more money .
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited January 2023
    i know diaper changing/bathing stations with diaper pails baby bottles cribs playpens high chairs baby food baby milk baby diapers baby swings a thing of baby toys strollers baby carriers (the ones that go on like a backpack) and pacifiers and teething rings for an adult sims inventory
    Post edited by mollie1998 on
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    My main wishes for BB are strollers (functional when travelling with an infant), playpens and changing tables. There are so many things mentioned here that would be so awesome, but those three are just my favourites. :)
  • LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    This is my wish list I really want

1 Being able to carry infants around the house put them done anywhere including the sofa etc.
    2 Bring back Cribs for Infants to sleep in and also a interaction for Sims to Read to them.
    3 Being able to get them a milk bottle from out of the fridge
    5 Diaper/Nappy changing stations
    6 Strollers/Prams to take them around the world
    7 Diapers and Onesies in CAS.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    My guess would be:
    Cribs
    Strollers
    Changing Tables
    New Onesies
    Baby Pouches
    Playpens