Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit Watch Party and Giveaway

167891012...Next

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Freed babies was easily the best part of the summit for me.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Oh my! It looks like a proper Sim this time!

Still would've preferred cars though...
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited October 2022
    Omg I'm soo excited yes, the sims 4 is going in a great direction I'm soo excited, I think we could be getting a generations expansion also 🥳 yay

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a41691079/sims-4-babies/
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 293 Member
    edited October 2022
    This is awesome, I'm so looking forward to this! The baby was adorable <3
    I also decided: no new babies in my saves before this update comes :blush: Luckily, I have a lot of other things going on in my saves, so the wait is not a problem, although I can't wait :smiley:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    Finally! I wished the team had kept it a secret like the Toddlers surprise patch. The reaction around the forum and the trailer reveal is one of my favorite simming memories. Plus 2023 is too far away.

One of mine, too. I was in an all day training and we went outside for a break and I opened YouTube. The first video I saw was Lil Simsie crying.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish they would have given us a time so we could have a count down to freed babies
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    That "baby crawling" looked more like a toddler crawling, not actually a baby sim.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    That "baby crawling" looked more like a toddler crawling, not actually a baby sim.

But it is a baby sim, it has been confirmed. Keep in mind toddlers in TS4 already know how to walk. So it makes a bit of sense that the previous stage can only crawl at best.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It's still a toddler though.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Free’d babies was something I never knew I wanted until I saw free’d babies :D

I never thought they would add it to the game if I’m honest, so that was an especially nice surprise to put at the end of the stream! Now I’m going to be so reluctant to add babies to my game until this pack/update(?) comes out!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The baby reminds me of Sims Freeplay babies. When they upgraded them there, there were few apparent changes to the bassinets. The babies still went into one at birth, and you could still use it to meet all the baby's needs if you chose. The only real difference was you now had various hair and clothing options.

But... take the baby out of the bassinet, and you could now carry it around. You could sit in a chair and nurse. You could buy a changing table, a play mat, a baby swing and use those with your baby. And you could put the baby on the floor and it would crawl around. There were baby toys the baby could use like a xylophone.

I hope that's similar to what's coming in the Sims 4. That way those that don't want changes can leave the baby in the bassinet and still met all its needs. You can simulate different infant stages by how you choose to play. You could only use the bassinet, nursing chair, and changing table to simulate a tiny infant. Then you could later start using the playpen or mat to show that the baby can sit up. Or you can put the baby on the floor to show it has learned to crawl.

When the change came in Sims Freeplay, it didn't mess up any saves. All the current babies were transformed into these new creatures without a hitch. I know there are differences in game engines, so maybe it can't happen this way in the Sims 4. I hope so though! That will be a magical moment if it does.

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2022
    Hoping they replace the current baby tied to the bassinet with the new and improved baby. It doesn't make any sense for them to keep the existing baby when the new and improved baby is patched in. Yet, we shall see.

This totally looks like a baby to me compared to the toddler in game. Plus, I like that they made the new baby look similar to the toddler which is fitting in my opinion.

Infant-vs-Toddler.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    The fact they called it "Infant" means baby isn't replaced, I think baby will remain the newborn life stage.

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2022
    The fact they called it "Infant" means baby isn't replaced, I think baby will remain the newborn life stage.

I read in another thread on here that the bassinet baby is staying. That being the case, I'm just going to think of the bassinet baby as a newborn. Here are the new stages for our little ones:

Newborn
    Infant
    Toddler

Because we are getting a new and improved stage, I'm still super excited and not disappointed at all that the bassinet baby will remain in the game. Having a newborn stage is okay since all newborn babies seem to mostly do is sleep, eat, cry and poo. Considering the existing gameplay tied to the bassinet baby which includes knitting onesies for them, it now make sense to me why they are keeping them. Although, I had hoped they would do away with them.

It is still good news all around. Plus, I feel like 2023 for TS4 is already off to a great start with the introduction of the infant life stage.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I’m assuming you’ll need to make a birthday cake to speed up to the next stage?

I don’t like playing with ageing on, as I like viewing my game like my own soap opera and I’m the director.

This is why I build more. Too many life stages and at least one Sim per house must have the cooking skill needed to bake a cake.

I did try moving one Sim who was maxed in cooking skill house to house like a travel vlogger but it reminded me too much of Eliza Pancakes turning up everywhere 😂🤦🏼‍♂️.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    edited November 2022
    This party would be happy if plans for TS4 were announced.
    The shadow of Project Rene really lowered the enthusiasm about Infant update, probably the last major addition to TS4.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Well I'm definitely more excited about the infant update than Project Rene. 🙂
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    This party would be happy if plans for TS4 were announced.
    The shadow of Project Rene really lowered the enthusiasm about Infant update, probably the last major addition to TS4.

Nope.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    edited November 2022
    Since Project Rene was announced the sims are aggressive/mean. It's their way to protest.

They don't want the end of The Sims 4, Maxis should listen to them :p .