Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October 11th Patch Feedback Thread

124...Next

Comments

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @EA_Cade As Chicklet 453681stated, thank you for informing us that these specific bugs that are badly affecting our gameplay are being worked on for fixes. I will be looking forward to the fixes as I really want to get back to playing my Sims 4 and find I really miss it! Appreciate you for letting us know!
  • CageyDaveCageyDave Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having to do a complete game reinstall, this is what happened to my worlds menu after update, https://i.imgur.com/T0WY6fF.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    However, when an update comes with new items, could y’all consider attaching images of the new items with the patch notes?

I second that, also it would be nice if new stuff was marked as new in bb/cas even when patched in.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited October 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Heronyx wrote: »
    Since the latest update, I have noticed a lot of hatred between teenage siblings, none of whom have the loyalty trait. The sister constantly feels betrayed by her younger paternal half brother. In addition to this, the eldest son hated the father for no reason and had the betrayal moodlet for absolutely no reason.
    Also, I am still unable to turn off the wants and fears via the menu. It simply does not work and I feel that this is why my sims are experiencing mental health issues.

Wants and Fears toggle appears to break on travelling, we're working on this at the moment.

We're in the process of testing a fix for the autonomously nasty Sim behaviors that started with the October 11th patch, but nothing to share as of yet.

Good to hear this is being worked on! Any update on the top notch toddler trait not appearing?
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I am wondering if there is a connection between the social bunny app and the unusual development of mean interactions.

From what I’ve been able to gather after a sim day, the social bunny app seems to be active anywhere, all the time.

With merfolk, the phone has a number of functions that do not work in the water. The exception appears to be the Social Bunny App.

My merfolk can use the Social Bunny App while swimming, so I know it’s an active feature 24/7 as long as sims are awake.

In 2 sim hours, a post my merfolk made got multiple reactions. In fact, the constant activity from the social bunny app affecting relationships caused my game to appear to freeze then time skip.

I lost 2 sim hours as the game struggled to register all the social exchanges happening on the phone. I’m going to see if deactivating Social Bunny has any effect on lag and the function of the game.

From what I can tell, there are a lot of things happening on a sims phone and the volume of information seems to be overwhelming the processes of my PS4. It does seem to be a possible source of the unusual frequencies of mean interactions and lag experienced by other players.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @EA_Cade TYSM for the update! That's awesome that they're working on a fix, and even more awesome that you updated us with some info so we know there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Agree, thank you @EA_Cade for sharing the progress :)
    gen3-banner.png
    In about the same amount of time that I experienced extreme lag, the game is already functioning much better with the Social Bunny App deactivated. We’ll see if the trend continues.

Note: the lag didn’t really happen substantially until I started using the app more. That being said, there were still multiple instances of my merfolk going into a T-pose for a split second before I used the app.
    Deactivating Social Bunny helped to solve the lag in my game. So, there’s definitely something about how that feature works that could cause unexpected relationship gain and loss as well as lag.

Since I play on the PS4, I am locked out of mods. So, how my game performs is strictly a result of pack features and updates.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    It mostly seems to be from not having their wants fulfilled even though I take the time to do this so that they're not stressed all the time. Each time I do this though it just seems to last for 10 minutes before they're stressed over not having them fulfilled again. :D My current Sim has just failed Uni because I spent too much time on this but she was getting too stressed to do any of her work. I do play with the Slice of Life Mod if that's anything to do with it?

Once a sim has the fear of unfulfilled dreams, you might have to take another action to remove the fear.
    Do you get this pointy thought bubble? These are related to the fears. If you hover over them, it will give a hint as to how to remove the fear.
    sims4-wants.jpg?mode=crop&width=682&quality=80&format=webp

You can look in your sim's traits panel to see if they still have the fear or if they got over it, regardless of whether there are any tense/angry moodlets active at the moment (bottom right hand corner, head icon). Having a moodlet go away doesn't mean they got over the fear.
    This sim has the Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams as you can see in the trait panel. No fear-related moodlets are active at the moment.
    fear4-1024x576.jpg

I haven't used Slice of Life but does it affect moodlets or UI elements? That could be a factor. Maybe someone else who uses it could be more help.

Yeah, a lot of my Sims seem to have that "fear of unwanted dreams" moodlet. To be honest I find it frustrating as previously happy and content Sims aren't despite me doing my best to give them these wants. It's not as though they're complicated wants, its usually stuff such as "listening to the stereo" or "view a piece of art", so I do this because it takes less than 5 minutes but even once completed its not enough as something else then pops up. My current save has both of the new moodlets "fear of death" and "fear of unwanted dreams", though lately she seems to have had two good days where she seems to be very happy (even flirty! Shocker, never happens lol, and she has got herself two boyfriends haha) or very inspired. Which then makes me happy because I can get stuff done. :) How long it'll stay like that-who knows?

If you were to drink the potions to get rid of these moodlets with the rewards system; does it permanently get rid of those moodlets, or are you stuck using that system every time they don't get a want fulfilled? Granted, I've been a bit too busy to check KawaiiStacie's updates, from memory she does update when mods are broken/stuck with a patch update. I will pop on over there at some point this week to see.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I'll be on the lookout for the fix for the nasty Sims problem. I haven't updated yet and I'm holding off until that gets fixed.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I am wondering if there is a connection between the social bunny app and the unusual development of mean interactions.

From what I’ve been able to gather after a sim day, the social bunny app seems to be active anywhere, all the time.

With merfolk, the phone has a number of functions that do not work in the water. The exception appears to be the Social Bunny App.

My merfolk can use the Social Bunny App while swimming, so I know it’s an active feature 24/7 as long as sims are awake.

In 2 sim hours, a post my merfolk made got multiple reactions. In fact, the constant activity from the social bunny app affecting relationships caused my game to appear to freeze then time skip.

I lost 2 sim hours as the game struggled to register all the social exchanges happening on the phone. I’m going to see if deactivating Social Bunny has any effect on lag and the function of the game.

From what I can tell, there are a lot of things happening on a sims phone and the volume of information seems to be overwhelming the processes of my PS4. It does seem to be a possible source of the unusual frequencies of mean interactions and lag experienced by other players.

Me too - the Social Bunny is CONSTANTLY pinging my Sims even when I try to turn off notifications so that I can view them all later. As it is, my Sims are getting flooded/spammed by the darn thing. (I actually walked away from my Twitter account but did not close it about 10 years ago because I signed up to follow way too many twitter feeds and the thing was constantly scrolling. Fortunately when I came back about 4 years ago, most of the flooders had stopped constantly posting updates to Twitter.)

Also, most cell phones are not waterproof...but smart watches can be. It seems like the kind of interactions smart watches would have are the ones that should be active underwater. Social bunny should not be one of them....call emergency services should be one of them ("help I would like to report a drowning....") Also, if there was some reason that a Sim needed a GPS map, this is one of the functions I use on my IRL mobile phone.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • comradecelyncomradecelyn Posts: 1 New Member
    With the update for pronouns, I was initially excited. But the fact that when someone comes out and changes their pronouns it still doesn't have an option to be called something other than the "traditional" "Mom, dad, brother, sister" etc. is really transphobic and triggering. I am trans and nonbinary, my kid doesn't call me mom or dad. My siblings don't call me their sister or brother. You should be able to customize these, as you would pronouns.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    My kid/teen sims could come in on Spooky Day and grab some candy but I couldn't ask them to trick or treat (no mods).

If you have the candy you don't need to manually do it. It's one or the other, I believe.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2022
    I just wanted to say that I wish the simology pannel wasn't so "messy". I wish the UI team worked on making it a bit better to navigate because with the neighborhood votes, fame, traits, reward traits and fears, character values and who knows what else, all clammed up together, I always struggle to scroll through everything going up and down. It's too much all in one tab. I don't even know why the neighborhood votes are on simology? Feels like it should be it's own thing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Power Conservation Day doesn't work in my current household. I get the notification and the music that goes with it but the power stays on in the active household. Power Conservation Day works ok when visiting other households with that NAP active in the same neighbourhood.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited October 2022
    I can say since updating, I’ve noticed significant lag. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

I have to keep disabling social bunny when I switch households. This helps with the lag.

It’s a great idea but the messages are just too frequent. Maybe unplayed households could only type simple messages with no stickers? Maybe there should be a master switch regarding Social Bunny to turn it off for all.

Townie Sims seem more tense. There’s more angry reactions to social interactions than usual.

I really like the loyal trait. 😊
    The NPCs of Cottage Living have been corrected.

Regarding Agnes/Agatha clones, some still appear if I play Henford-on-Bagley. It’s like every time a Sim goes to the garden shop a new Agnes/Agatha is made but only if my Sim lives in the village and visits. If they visit from another world it doesn’t.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • HumongustHumongust Posts: 10 New Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Wants and Fears toggle appears to break on travelling, we're working on this at the moment.
    >
    > We're in the process of testing a fix for the autonomously nasty Sim behaviors that started with the October 11th patch, but nothing to share as of yet.

Has there been any progress on a fix for the autonomous insulting and other mean interactions? I've been reading the thread on AnswersHQ but there has not been any input from SimGurus there.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Autonomous-Insulting-Patch-1-92-145/td-p/11932091
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,260 EA Community Manager
    Humongust wrote: »
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Wants and Fears toggle appears to break on travelling, we're working on this at the moment.
    >
    > We're in the process of testing a fix for the autonomously nasty Sim behaviors that started with the October 11th patch, but nothing to share as of yet.

Has there been any progress on a fix for the autonomous insulting and other mean interactions? I've been reading the thread on AnswersHQ but there has not been any input from SimGurus there.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Autonomous-Insulting-Patch-1-92-145/td-p/11932091

Fix is still in testing as of right now, we understand this is a major pain point at the moment and we're trying to get this out as soon as possible.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    edited October 2022
    Could you please look into updating or fixing the fears and wants system or allow the possibility of turning it of or using old whims system, some the options are horribly implemented just to name example "the break up" feels completely out of character to be forced to do mean interaction to complete it when your sim is neither mean nor evil, when you can break up romantic relations using "Lets just be friends" under friendly. Its a horrible system and complete removal of any options of rerolling, please fix it or return rerolling options we had with whims. If its because it be too easy rerolling then just add daily limit on how many times you're allowed to reroll it. That or fix how broken the fear and wants are right now.

Alternatively could also just have the wants reroll themselves and change after 1-2 days ingame, then just keep the long term fears or want one permanent or with much longer reset like a week, two weeks etc. or a month ingame.
  • HumongustHumongust Posts: 10 New Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Fix is still in testing as of right now, we understand this is a major pain point at the moment and we're trying to get this out as soon as possible.

@EA_Cade Thank you so much for the update! I miss my sims! I appreciate the work going on to figure out the problem!
    Humongust wrote: »
    > @EA_Cade said:
    >

Yes I was noticing this today. Thomas Watson has lost Alice Martin as a friend due to constantly insulting her! This has stopped the planned romance I had for them. ‘Cottage Living in StrangerVille’.

The fears are very annoying as well. It would be nice if we could turn them off separately.

• herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I just have a question out of curiosity to bring as feedback, before a new pack of any kind is released, is it getting properly playtested with all other packs/kits and on different pc's with different specs, or just with base game and one pc?
    I don't mean to be rude or negative but sometimes it feels like it's only getting tested with basegame and there works completely fine and then when players buy it and install it, all sorts of bugs appear cause of other packs inflicting.
    Afaik gamechangers who gets early access can only play it with basegame.

I bet they test it with basegame like you said and then maybe ALL the things installed, but to do a variation of everything they offer (mix of different packs, PC specs etc) to test on would mean QA would be testing endlessly for every change and Simmers would not see content nearly as much, if like ever lol. It's really tough to figure out the balance with testing when it comes to something this expansive. The time alone, not to mention the effort is impossible to tackle. I'd love to see their QA process though, I'm sure it's not quite the same as typical software development (which is what I'm in).
  • whitcassiewhitcassie Posts: 1 New Member
    1) Obviously the autonomous mean interactions which I saw is being tested for a fix. (Seems to mostly be "Insult" and "Yell At")
    2) Fires. So. Many. Fires. Every single time for one or two of my sims. It's getting expensive
    3) Sims coming home from work randomly and not having the option to go back. This happens when I leave the regular household screen at all. Most recently, it happened when I went into CAS via the dresser. Changed an outfit (not on the at-work sim) and went back and she was home from work despite only being gone an hour. It is counting towards their work performance like a whole missed day.
    4) Sometimes I will tell them to do something and although they aren't doing anything or have any reason to wait, they just won't do the things.
    edited October 2022
    whitcassie wrote: »
    1) Obviously the autonomous mean interactions which I saw is being tested for a fix. (Seems to mostly be "Insult" and "Yell At")
    2) Fires. So. Many. Fires. Every single time for one or two of my sims. It's getting expensive
    3) Sims coming home from work randomly and not having the option to go back. This happens when I leave the regular household screen at all. Most recently, it happened when I went into CAS via the dresser. Changed an outfit (not on the at-work sim) and went back and she was home from work despite only being gone an hour. It is counting towards their work performance like a whole missed day.
    4) Sometimes I will tell them to do something and although they aren't doing anything or have any reason to wait, they just won't do the things.

I haven’t experienced the fires or coming home early from work.

I am getting the autonomous yelling and insulting, lag plus Sims cancelling out commands. 🤦🏼‍♂️

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top