Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit Watch Party and Giveaway

Comments

• CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    I went over to the Overwolf site and poked around, I was curious. It's a monetization site. Does this mean we will have to pay for the mods/CC that are hosted there? Does anybody know anything about it? How does that work?
    Do your most rewarding work.

You may not be in it for the glory. But if you’re leveling up the game, you should get the kick back you deserve.

With Overwolf, we help you monetize your creations so your favorite hobby can also be your side hustle. And when you’re ready to go pro, we help you turn your passion into a full-time profession.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    edited October 2022
    Glad they're getting back to their old rhythm of 2 EPs a year - hope to see some GPs, too!

Freed babies sound good. Possible Generations EP sounds good. New worlds sound great! (I pretty much like everything.)

Glad Sims'll be around for a Sims 5, but I'll get hyped about it later. I still want to enjoy Sims 4.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Also, did they say the babies were freed? Are people jumping to conclusions here?

It seems, to me, that they're adding a new stage called newborns that is in-between crib locked baby and toddler. If they can do that, then please give us pre-teens or something in-between child and 16-18 year old teens.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited October 2022
    One information is missing ... what are the packs for the 3 next months ?

It's over ? no more roadmap ???
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Nothing announced for the remainder of this year(?).

Also no mention of Gamepacks or Kits.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @CarpeNocheSims They literally showed video of freed babies at the end of the stream. No jumping required.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Also, did they say the babies were freed? Are people jumping to conclusions here?

It seems, to me, that they're adding a new stage called newborns that is in-between crib locked baby and toddler. If they can do that, then please give us pre-teens or something in-between child and 16-18 year old teens.

Yes fixed babies are confirmed.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I was hoping they would announce a winter EP, but they said nothing about the winter roadmap. Now I'm wondering when they will announce that. Don't know how to feel about project Rene, I like that we will be able to re-size and rotate stuff, but that's just a small part of an enjoyable game and there's still a long way till release so I'm not hyped about it, but they will have separated bedsheets from the bedframe and we will be able to modify the bedframe too, so I'm looking forward to that.
    One information is missing ... what are the packs for the 3 next months ?

It's over ? no more roadmap ???

This. What about those leaked kits?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited October 2022

I think it's 2 kits (November and December), nothing in October.

nd7bf9r6q4i4.png17lar02xdby9.png

Probably 1 or 2 SDX'S as well. They won't mention those but I've heard we ll get 12 days of Christmas content for 12 days.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

*cries in his bed*
    200.gif
    I never get anything I want all because of the stupid kits! For now on, my career is over
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I see what look likes a toddler on a bike in the concept art for the new expansion👀

Did you also notice the mom carrying a baby on her back in a carrier next to the toddler on the bike? :*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited October 2022
    Oops, I forgot this was a thing! I have stuff to do though so I may have to find a stream later or read the comments to catch up.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Am I wrong or they said we will get contents and updates monthly now?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Excited about Project Rene but glad it's at least a couple of years out. Really looking forward to getting the color wheel back.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    They did mention two new expansion packs were coming, but we didn't get any details.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    They did mention two new expansion packs were coming, but we didn't get any details.

Just the 2 world art but yeah that’s all
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to watch but after reading through this I am curious about the free babies. I have mixed feelings about the expansion packs. If both EP are released next year, then why was high school years released so close to the werewolves pack? Just to show occult play that they quickly needed to shut up about their first pack in 3 years? Anyhow, I hope the expansion packs will actually work properly, no more buggy mess EP, please. I am definitely curious about them.

Did the stream mention anything about system requirements? According to sims community the system requirements have changed. I hope that doesn't mean the end of playing sims 4 for me.

They have changed, you can see the updates specs here on AHQ.

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately my laptop no longer has enough CPU with these new specs. I was planning on getting a new pc next year so I might have to take a little break from the game for a while.

I should be OK for the specs, with my only concern being the graphics requirement. Anyone know if a laptop that has an AMD Ryzen 3 processor with Radeon Vega 6 graphics meet the new minimum specs?
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Winners of the Paranormal Stuff pack codes are:

@jaletu2005

@HopeyStarr

@honeypooh1267

Thanks for participating!
    Please message me for your codes.

Thank you for this opportunity. As this is not a pack I desire, please select another simmer for the prize. :smile:

Thanks again!!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Thank you for this opportunity. As this pack I already have, please select another simmer for the prize.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Thanks @HopeyStarr and @honeypooh1267.

I'll wait to hear from my third winner and then probably just do a separate giveaway.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    I went over to the Overwolf site and poked around, I was curious. It's a monetization site. Does this mean we will have to pay for the mods/CC that are hosted there? Does anybody know anything about it? How does that work?
    Do your most rewarding work.

You may not be in it for the glory. But if you’re leveling up the game, you should get the kick back you deserve.

With Overwolf, we help you monetize your creations so your favorite hobby can also be your side hustle. And when you’re ready to go pro, we help you turn your passion into a full-time profession.

There is a YT video called "Overwolf and Maxis Team Up to Create First Ever Official Mod Hub for The Sims 4" which explains a lot of things. Should be easy to find with that title.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I see what look likes a toddler on a bike in the concept art for the new expansion👀

Did you also notice the mom carrying a baby on her back in a carrier next to the toddler on the bike? :*

Omg lemme go look again! Wanted baby carriers since forever 😱😱😱
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Please don't make us have to take babies everywhere... I like them the way they are.