Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit Watch Party and Giveaway

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    So no singers, bands, and R&B station can't come back soon this year?! *sighing* Oh my god! I'm so miserable right now, yo! My career is over
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    edited October 2022
    I have thoughts about the mod integration. But you guys have accused me of being super negative, lol, I'm not! I'm just naturally a grumpy person. I describe myself as a happy/content grump. It's really hard to translate that sort of sarcasm/attitude online. So...yeah.

Anyways, I have thoughts but I'm going to wait till somebody else says it first and then jump on their bandwagon. My thoughts aren't good, FYI.
  • wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    Hmm...I was slightly disappointed by that. Was expecting more info on Sims 5? Or at least a trailer for the next packs? I am excited to see more of Project Rene, and the fact they said they will share the development details over the next few years is good news, as they won't release it way too early like the sims 4.
    And yaaay free babies!!!
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I wasn't able to watch, but I was following this thread.

Did they say anything much about Project Rene? I'm worried about multiplayer and online features, if there's any.

Free babies? Not something I was fussed about, but I'm happy for those who wanted that :D
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2022
    Yay babies
    although quite expected :sweat_smile:

as for other stuff
    umm...
    ummm....
    umm....

no comment?
    :I
    I am not vibing to put it short
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited October 2022
    Definitely looking forward to the official mod/cc support, more details on that next generation sims title, as well as updated babies. The sims team are definitely taking ques from the Paralives development, so thank you Paralives for inspiring the sims team to be more transparent with the development of the next sims game.

On the down side, no mention of future pack refreshes, or cars, or the lore update, or pack integration for wants and fears, and that segment at the end of the new trailer showing 4 active lots at a time was just false advertising, shame on the marketing team for doing that.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    They did mention in passing that project Rene would be playable alone or in collaboration with a friend. So not all multiplayer.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    We’re also excited to share that infants will be arriving in early 2023!

So the free babies must be a new life stage then?
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    edited October 2022
    Hey all,

You can see a recap of what was discussed in the Summit right here.

We also have FAQ's up on EA.com for the Overwolf collaboration and a Behind the Sims Summit FAQ as well.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    I'm not disappointed because I knew it was a marketing thing.

At least we met the new leaders, I always appreciate when they take the time to talk to the community.
  • DollhouseMakerDollhouseMaker Posts: 9 New Member
    I wish they didn't include the dancing people and interviews, it delayed excitement and was confusing wondering what they were waiting on to reveal the new stuff. However, i am very excited for Sims 5!! It looks INCREDIBLE! <3 :) I am just so happy that we can finally put furniture and decor close together and rotate things
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2022
    The mod collaboration feature was expected, I'm assuming that we will still be able to add mods manually, I hope this will not lead to conflict between modders and players in case EA want mods to cost money, Bethesda tried it and there was a lot of backlash, and any modder that contributed to it got a lot of hate because their mods were no longer available for free.

Happy to see moving babies being added, I'm sure they will be added without any bugs...

Project Rene is looking promising, we only saw build mode but it looked pretty good, ability to change details on build/buy items, color wheel, and rotate additional items on build/buy items.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Why is Digital Deluxe Upgrade not free again?
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»
    Hey all,

You can see a recap of what was discussed in the Summit right here.

We also have FAQ's up on EA.com for the Overwolf collaboration and a Behind the Sims Summit FAQ as well.

Thank you :)
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Here's one of the Big announcements!!! jzV4cke.png
    OUD5cZ3.png
    Fjilz9s.png
    R8IRwYf.png
    A baby life stage!! They said its coming early 2023
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited October 2022
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Squee, Squweelll, OH My super excited for Sims 4 and the future with this project Rene. I did not get to watch all the stream my three dogs are enjoying the beautiful fall weather today. I thought this stream was good, not to interested in all the dancing etc.

I do like the Idea of the MOD Squad a central place to know where I can go for my mods for updates etc. Love Harries cc and many others. I just saw the post about babies that is so awesome and to know we have more contenet for sims 4 to play with before the new project is finished is great.

I also like the idea of having more information with this new project instead of keeping us in the dark and guessing what is coming next. Guessing is okay, but it is fun to see how the project/game is going along and what they are doing and to see gameplay. The ability to customize things on furniture, resize pictures on the wall this to me is exciting.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited October 2022
    I haven't been able to watch but after reading through this I am curious about the free babies. I have mixed feelings about the expansion packs. If both EP are released next year, then why was high school years released so close to the werewolves pack? Just to show occult play that they quickly needed to shut up about their first pack in 3 years? Anyhow, I hope the expansion packs will actually work properly, no more buggy mess EP, please. I am definitely curious about them.

Did the stream mention anything about system requirements? According to sims community the system requirements have changed. I hope that doesn't mean the end of playing sims 4 for me.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2022
    I think highlight of the stream was when ppl on streets said they would woohoo vlad and grimmy
    it was all downhill from there until the baby

baby will save us all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2022
    Deleted-duplicate
    Post edited by sarabeth2984 on
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    You know, as far as some of you wanting cars, singers, R&B stations, etc. in Sims 4, I can only share some disappointments suffered by us older players re Sims 2 and 3. We wanted alot of things that Never materialized in those games - Superstar for Sims 2 and Restaurants and Yoga for Sims 3 are a couple I remember. We kind of got those things but not really. But in Sims 4 we got some of those things.

So we might have to wait til next sims - Sims 5 - to get cars, etc. Who knows! They are chaotic at best when it comes to sims features. I never thought we would see toddlers or free babies. But here we are!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm not disappointed because I knew it was a marketing thing.

At least we met the new leaders, I always appreciate when they take the time to talk to the community.
    Well I'm 9999 percent am disappointed!

If I can't listen to a new and returning R&B station for The Sims 4, no black simmers who are a fan of hip hop and R&B music can listen to it, and I totally can't take it no more cause it's currently 2022
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I'm not sure about the mod platform feature. On one hand, if I can download mods + cc while in-game like I can with the gallery, I can see the benefits. But I'm wondering how this will affect the modding community. Especially if money is involved, we saw the big drama a few months ago about mods.

I also can see how this could be a form of quality control too. And some mods might be patch-ready with this as well. Just throwing ideas out there. I'm going to wait and see how this turns out though before nay or yaying it.

The babies update is probably the thing I'm most excited about. A bummer we have to wait until next year. I really would have loved to spend the cozy season with the new babies.

The sneak peeks at new packs look good. An odd statement here, but I'm excited about the dentures. Gives me hope for a generations-type pack. And it looks like another big city world is coming which I can never get enough of.

Last, Project Rene. Multiplayer is a big nope for me. I'm open to seeing what it's all about but it's likely I'll be keeping my game singleplayer. Otherwise, I love the new creator features.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Definitely looking forward to the official mod/cc support, more details on that next generation sims title, as well as updated babies. The sims team are definitely taking ques from the Paralives development, so thank you Paralives for inspiring the sims team to be more transparent with the development of the next sims game.

On the down side, no mention of future pack refreshes, or cars, or the lore update, or pack integration for wants and fears, and that segment at the end of the new trailer showing 4 active lots at a time was just false advertising, shame on the marketing team for doing that.

i'm excited mod support too. i had issues in the past wherethey break and since they don't for someone else i'm told there fine.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    logion wrote: Β»

Happy to see moving babies being added, I'm sure they will be added without any bugs...

Where's the LOL button when I need it?

I don't know how I feel about the babies, I need more information because right now? They look like toddlers and do everything toddlers do. I need to see a sim pick a baby up out of the crib and walk across the room with it. Then maybe put it in a stroller and go for a walk. Then, I'll be impressed. Maybe. I play single sims so probably not.

I do like the idea of new worlds. That DOES excite me. I'm going to have to trim my townies down to make room for the new sims that will move in.

The modding platform? Hmmm.....I don't know. I really don't know. It could be a good thing, brings mods to gaming consoles. It could be a bad thing, no more free mods, etc. It could be a really bad thing, EA continues to push out half-baked and untested items that never get fixed because the modders will take care of it. So yeah, again, I need more information.

I knew this would be a marketing ploy nothing burger, so I'm not disappointed. A little frustrated because I'd like more information but not disappointed.

Also...why does Project Rene look so familiar? LOL LOL. It also looks like something Peacemaker would make, did they bring him onboard? The plants, the furniture, all looks like his vibe.