Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base Game Update Available

1235...Next

Comments

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    I used Emily Parcel to try the Extraterrestrial Researcher scenario. This was actually the first time I've had one of my sims travel to Sixam. Fun.
    y4mtEi4sUhuJiXCk4pN0nHbGY0vtZho0eljkVNUHFku8X_ApUtl5f8HsATef_K6YnNWeQNGfffCtCe5URk5V55SqSyjUsGdlE0sYQPU_EsJ5qEjfEmmbGHKNH0HMfqQ95tQ2Yz2l87jjLfXjERh52eUmHolqMgVZ0OihoauUDdcCof3AP_ABPfiz98NXV2z61uH?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4mtHL-s-K1ez3RuTDZPq-j013CWlINjdz37YW7b75O6RhRws8iwuFwfQzkr2Xm_1MNRWC0uKbnR63y2Vw-sNY1gS8Z_GToYaeLpHulcWmFj5KjB6yISqF6SFOwTHoARgCK9MS5t5aJqXXfao-D2SEwPI0T81rZ0QKCMe8lu7WFzNTyTVjG_lUMQwBR7yeah1vw?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4mRXwTX-hNu_duX4Y0KiZlCsm3vRgYssUt5j9LYLnQlAaW-xm16ZrIRjiCXNhxbQPGaJBQhnBHqBxLYW4yzN96VrFv7q-zPW1PNe-4MSQaLOh0v5OHDyB7TFpBrSzlE_9hKAerssGHV9czuv7xWKsX7uVXqI21RYrPuCY8cZouxFhkzX39GDBTVVBGQzlxqPdd?width=672&height=545&cropmode=none
  • trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    > @lanlyn said:
    > I used Emily Parcel to try the Extraterrestrial Researcher scenario. This was actually the first time I've had one of my sims travel to Sixam. Fun.

The first image - can you creat roofs like that in the game? If yes how.

--on another note, will be nice if they let me post images and links on the forum.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    trogame wrote: »
    > @lanlyn said:
    > I used Emily Parcel to try the Extraterrestrial Researcher scenario. This was actually the first time I've had one of my sims travel to Sixam. Fun.

--on another note, will be nice if they let me post images and links on the forum.

You need to reach a certain amount of points to be able to post links and images.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited October 2022
    trogame wrote: »
    @trogame Are you talking about the roof on the small house where the rocket ship is? Or the roofs on the buildings on the left? If you mean the pre-made buildings, then you could probably approximate them. But those aren't builds you can actually go into. There are a few speed builds on YouTube that show some nice Britechester townhouse builds. Here is one that shows how to build a roof that looks similar to the ones on the left in my screenshot--with a bent slope in the roof shape. You can determine how much of a slope that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKhqgkdCtpw&ab_channel=Simsphony

If you're talking about the small house, I downloaded that lot from the Gallery. It's a Tiny Home lot that I modified to become a Micro Home lot by removing the porches and lowering the foundation.

Cheerful Starter by SushiMarilyn

And as @SelinaKyles said, you should be able to post links and images pretty soon. 🙂
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I have finally made peace with the Wants & Fears. I use a mod to stop the Fears in their tracks. Then I just treat the Wants more like the whims in that I try to fulfil them when possible. Need those awards points! But, yes, it would be fantastic, if the off TOGGLE worked as intended. When I toggle something off I want it to stay off whether or not my Sims leaves the lot. Period.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalisilGalisil Posts: 15 New Member
    > @Hearts4u said:
    > The only bug on the latest bug fix list that was in my game was the Henford-On-Bagley NPC issue which started happening after the July 2022 patch.
    >
    > I moved away from Henford-On-Bagley every since the game started removing assigned pre-made NPCS from their jobs; so, thank goodness this is fixed. Now, I can visit and/or live in this world again.

Did all HoB NPCs change back to the originals for you automatically?

For me some of them are still taken over by the random sims generated by the game after THAT update.

I don't have time to test it out yet but would purging the random sims (and the Crumplebottom clones) from the unplayed households fix this?
    Have anyone tried this?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Galisil wrote: »
    > @Hearts4u said:
    > The only bug on the latest bug fix list that was in my game was the Henford-On-Bagley NPC issue which started happening after the July 2022 patch.
    >
    > I moved away from Henford-On-Bagley every since the game started removing assigned pre-made NPCS from their jobs; so, thank goodness this is fixed. Now, I can visit and/or live in this world again.

For me some of them are still taken over by the random sims generated by the game after THAT update.

I don't have time to test it out yet but would purging the random sims (and the Crumplebottom clones) from the unplayed households fix this?
    Have anyone tried this?

I wouldn't be surprised if this only applies to new saves or saves that still have the original NPC. I would be surprised if they got restored in existing saves.

It was always possible to have them replaced in your game if turn the original npc into playable sims, in that case the originals would not be restored either.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    One thing I can say about the fears is that there is a way to get rid of a frat temporarily

As a resident of a college town, on certain weekends I too would like a way to get rid of a frat temporarily. B)

(sorry @SheriSim57 )

Lol, yes as I get older I don’t see as well, and don’t always pick up on the spelling errors before posting,,,,,.especially if I don’t have my glasses on….. lol.
  • SdnPlyr8SdnPlyr8 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > I wouldn't be surprised if this only applies to new saves or saves that still have the original NPC. I would be surprised if they got restored in existing saves.
    >
    > It was always possible to have them replaced in your game if turn the original npc into playable sims, in that case the originals would not be restored either.

In my game, they were restored. I've been too lazy to go purge the imposters so they still wander around the festivals, but I was super happy to see Sara Scott and Kim Goldbloom in their proper places.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited October 2022
    SdnPlyr8 wrote: »
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > I wouldn't be surprised if this only applies to new saves or saves that still have the original NPC. I would be surprised if they got restored in existing saves.
    >
    > It was always possible to have them replaced in your game if turn the original npc into playable sims, in that case the originals would not be restored either.

In my game, they were restored. I've been too lazy to go purge the imposters so they still wander around the festivals, but I was super happy to see Sara Scott and Kim Goldbloom in their proper places.

Really? that is great news. :)
  • SdnPlyr8SdnPlyr8 Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes! I was actually pleasantly surprised by it! Of course, with the way this game seems to react differently to different players' games and computers, YMMV.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    > @Hearts4u said:
    >

Have anyone tried this?

@Galisil .... Yes, all of my HoB NPCs changed back to the originals after the update in my existing save. Yet, keep in mind that I never play with any NPC and did not play with any of those. So, I'm happy the original HoB NPC's are all back to their assigned roles.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • GalisilGalisil Posts: 15 New Member
    > @Hearts4u said:
    > @Galisil .... Yes, all of my HoB NPCs changed back to the originals after the update in my existing save. Yet, keep in mind that I never play with any NPC and did not play with any of those. So, I'm happy the original HoB NPC's are all back to their assigned roles.

I removed all of those random sims that the game generated and Sara Scott got her pub back!
    I can finally visit HoB again!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    > @Hearts4u said:
    > @Galisil .... Yes, all of my HoB NPCs changed back to the originals after the update in my existing save. Yet, keep in mind that I never play with any NPC and did not play with any of those. So, I'm happy the original HoB NPC's are all back to their assigned roles.

I removed all of those random sims that the game generated and Sara Scott got her pub back!
    I can finally visit HoB again!

@Galisil That is great. Happy everything worked out for you. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue