Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October 11th Patch Feedback Thread

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,855 Member
    @Lulu29 Ok, it could just be from those fears that do need to be tuned (and have the toggle fixed so they will stay off.)
    In the meantime if you hover over those angry or tense moodlets they will at least say what caused them, so you will get some more information that way.

@JojoMOMSTER Those neighbor scripts have been there for Evergreen Harbor neighbors at least since 2020, I played a family who lived there then and they had them. They might have to be neighbors who live in the same building, not just the same hood. Not sure on that one.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thank you @mightysprite , I’m not sore how I avoided these so long but at least it’s only next door to boot out to keep it from happening.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Thank you for allowing us to turn off the overly helpful tutorial guide. Whilst I can see this would be of great assistance to many Simmers, as someone with ADHD I find these sorts of things tend to just short circuit my brain. Appreciate the off switch, cheers. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

edited October 2022
    HQ user lazarusinashes yesterday identified the source of the new bug, introduced in this patch, where sims do mean interactions autonomously for no reason.
    There is a mistake in the coding of the Loyal trait that affects most mean interactions.
    See their post #150 here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-autonomously-do-mean-interactions-for-no-reason/m-p/11937163#M232648
  • Gothic_gamer911Gothic_gamer911 Posts: 1 New Member
    My world map is broken, it is only showing willow creek and won’t let me click on the world it also has a orange “unlock” button but clicking on that also does nothing. for reference I am on a MAC not a PC
  • DaveE1942DaveE1942 Posts: 3 New Member
    Since the new patch I have had trouble with doors disappearing on buildings. I first noticed it on a funeral home building, where a funeral was supposed to be happening and I found that the main entrance door had been replaced with a wall. It proved impossible to install a door in that wall for some reason. The Sims had to congregate in the dining area intended for the wake and the funeral never happened. I had to demolish the entire building and start again. One of my Sims' large houses I found had the main entrance door replaced by a window. I was able to move the window and replace it with a door on this occasion. This has never happened before the new patch.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @mightysprite I’m hesitant to start my gameplay with this happening in the game. But, thank you for sharing the link to this bug report.

I’m setting up a new save right now, so it’ll take me a bit to check on how my sims interact with each other.
  • strappedtoe7964strappedtoe7964 Posts: 2 New Member
    There's another problem I noticed since the latest update. My werewolf sim is no longer turning on the full moon, but she gets her fury more often than I would like. Aside of the unusally random meaner sims and destroying the friendships, I started a game werewolf sim with a lonewolf trait so if the sims stopped being nice so will my werewolf sim. It don't solve the problem but it helps me put the better saved game on hold til the bugs get fixed. I was already losing a friend since the update. Think every simmers are as frustrated as I am. Thank you.
  • DaveE1942DaveE1942 Posts: 3 New Member
    Another odd thing happened - one of my teenage girl Sims was swimming in their private swimming pool. She was called to lunch, swam across some green grass, up a flight of steps and then swam across the kitchen floor with only her head visible above the floor tiles. At that point I closed the game without saving and re-started it. That time all happened normally and she just climbed out of the pool. Never happened before the patch...
    @DaveE1942 Sounds like you have this
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sim-swims-under-ground/td-p/7183823
    It's an old bug, but just last month, SimGuruRitzy requested save files from affected people so perhaps you would consider sending her yours? See her post #15 on the thread I linked
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    DaveE1942 wrote: »
    Since the new patch I have had trouble with doors disappearing on buildings. I first noticed it on a funeral home building, where a funeral was supposed to be happening and I found that the main entrance door had been replaced with a wall. It proved impossible to install a door in that wall for some reason. The Sims had to congregate in the dining area intended for the wake and the funeral never happened. I had to demolish the entire building and start again. One of my Sims' large houses I found had the main entrance door replaced by a window. I was able to move the window and replace it with a door on this occasion. This has never happened before the new patch.

i had similar issue before this patch where if I put down walls in certain area of my build it wouldn't let me undo them I wonder if its connected
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Love Emilys hair, all the little details in it!
    Im also for adding loyal trait to the rewards store and well...fixing it.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SoftsobssSoftsobss Posts: 1 New Member
    Made a quick new account just for this since I am so frustrated ;-; After the update every sim in my game has become angry little monsters D: nobody will get along, relationships can't form, all of my sims can't even live in the same house anymore because they hate each other so much they can't stand to be around each other and etc. At first, I thought it was just my sims hating each other because of stress and then I made my sim talk to the goths. I made my sim compliment Bella on her outfit, and she had the animation of being happy and then suddenly yelled at my sim??? If I see a random sim walk past my house or in a public space they're normally stomping around. When I got sick of my sims being so hateful, I tried to use the cheat code to boost relationships and even then, the relationship declined quickly.

Other than every sim becoming hateful and angry I did notice that the goths had more children and its pretty cool the other sims in game can grow their family on their own now and sort of make their own choice. though that might've been in a previous update I missed. The loyal trait is pretty cool too but with the bug causing every sim to constantly be mean and angry I haven't been able to see it function properly yet. Everything else in game is fine for me.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    @Lulu29 Ok, it could just be from those fears that do need to be tuned (and have the toggle fixed so they will stay off.)
    In the meantime if you hover over those angry or tense moodlets they will at least say what caused them, so you will get some more information that way.

@JojoMOMSTER Those neighbor scripts have been there for Evergreen Harbor neighbors at least since 2020, I played a family who lived there then and they had them. They might have to be neighbors who live in the same building, not just the same hood. Not sure on that one.

It mostly seems to be from not having their wants fulfilled even though I take the time to do this so that they're not stressed all the time. Each time I do this though it just seems to last for 10 minutes before they're stressed over not having them fulfilled again. :D My current Sim has just failed Uni because I spent too much time on this but she was getting too stressed to do any of her work. I do play with the Slice of Life Mod if that's anything to do with it?
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Thank you for latest update.
    I would like to see a toggle for body hair to be turned off, especially for NPCs and a toggle to turn off facial hair growth. While on the topic of body and facial hair, I have had to remove body hair more than once from my male played sim.
    I don't dislike the wants and fears, I dislike that they are so glitched and not even disabling them works. I would love to see them work more like whims: be able to pin the ones you want and dismiss the ones you don't. Also I think a Fearless Trait and/or a Steadfast Trait in the rewards store would be a great addition to this gameplay. The Fearless Trait could mean your sim fears nothing and Steadfast Trait could mean your sim is less likely to develop a fear.
    I also thought that adding two aspirations, one for children and one for teens that revolves around learning to deal with fears.
    Example:

Fearless Child
    Tier 1: Training
    -Sleep with a Defender Wall Light next to your bed 3 times
    Tier 2: Asking for help
    -Sleep without a Defender Wall Light 3 times
    -Ask your parents to spray for monsters 1 time
    Tier 3: Being Fearless
    -Sleep without a Defender Wall Light 5 times
    -Try to talk to the monster under under the bed
    -Become friends with the monster under the bed
    Reward: Fearless Child - Will not get fears related to Monsters, Ghosts, Water, Occult, Aliens and other related fears

Steadfast Teen
    Tier 1: Learning
    -Do homework 2 times
    -Discuss your fears with a friend or family member 1 time
    Tier 2: Making Progress
    -Do homework 2 times
    -Earn a B in High School
    -Discuss fears with a friend or family member 2 times
    Tier 3: Top Marks
    -Do Extra Credit 3 times
    -Earn an A in High School
    -Discuss fears with a friend or family member 3 times
    Reward: Steadfast - Your sim will not get fears related to career, goals, parents and other related fears

If your sims earns both then they have ZERO fears.

Just an idea. Thanks for listening.
  • CoolaaronjlCoolaaronjl Posts: 1 New Member
    I really enjoyed this update and absolutely loved that we got a new trait in the base game! I hope they continue to do things like this, new traits and aspirations for base game are greatly appreciated in base game for players like myself who do spend lots of money for packs with other stuff but sometimes find the base game to be lacking! I really love this effort and my game actually feels faster after this patch and with the new EA App which is awesome. I am excited for the livestream Sunday and hope more big things are coming! I am also worried though because I think with the new Tutorial UI it has broken most of my mods. Hopefully modders will be able to fix :-(
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    This patch didn’t make a huge difference for me, personally, so I don’t have much to add about the content. However, when an update comes with new items, could y’all consider attaching images of the new items with the patch notes? I don’t patch right away due to mods, but I was curious to see the new stuff. I had to poke around on Twitter for longer than I would hoped to see pictures, and even then I couldn’t easily find official ones that clearly showcase the new stuff.

Also, Emily’s hair is cute, but the accessories are a lot, so I probably won’t ever use it. A version without accessories would be super cool! That’s been a recurring frustration with attached hair accessories - colors don’t match across swatches with no way to change it, or there’s no version without them.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I just have a question out of curiosity to bring as feedback, before a new pack of any kind is released, is it getting properly playtested with all other packs/kits and on different pc's with different specs, or just with base game and one pc?
    I don't mean to be rude or negative but sometimes it feels like it's only getting tested with basegame and there works completely fine and then when players buy it and install it, all sorts of bugs appear cause of other packs inflicting.
    Afaik gamechangers who gets early access can only play it with basegame.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • CageyDaveCageyDave Posts: 12 New Member
    I waited until all mods updated before I updated game, game now completely broken after update, cannot access Worlds screens, thought maybe graphics driver replaced that, still same, only willow creek shows with an unlock icon, click unlock and new willow creek icons created. all good before update, another complete reinstall now looms, I would post screenshot, but not letting me post
  • CageyDaveCageyDave Posts: 12 New Member
    Just tried the repair game option in Origin, for some reason its greyed out and cannot access
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    Since the latest update, I have noticed a lot of hatred between teenage siblings, none of whom have the loyalty trait. The sister constantly feels betrayed by her younger paternal half brother. In addition to this, the eldest son hated the father for no reason and had the betrayal moodlet for absolutely no reason.
    Also, I am still unable to turn off the wants and fears via the menu. It simply does not work and I feel that this is why my sims are experiencing mental health issues.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    Heronyx wrote: »
    Since the latest update, I have noticed a lot of hatred between teenage siblings, none of whom have the loyalty trait. The sister constantly feels betrayed by her younger paternal half brother. In addition to this, the eldest son hated the father for no reason and had the betrayal moodlet for absolutely no reason.
    Also, I am still unable to turn off the wants and fears via the menu. It simply does not work and I feel that this is why my sims are experiencing mental health issues.

Wants and Fears toggle appears to break on travelling, we're working on this at the moment.

We're in the process of testing a fix for the autonomously nasty Sim behaviors that started with the October 11th patch, but nothing to share as of yet.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2022
    Edited comment:
    As I've been playing more, I've noticed that I did have to put in a lot of work to build a new relationship with someone my teen is interested in. The relationship would drop because he would autonomously do mean interactions. Once I finally got the relationship bar really high; my teen stopped doing the autonomous mean interactions.

It would be nice if they could balance this out and/or have it be the way it was before prior to the patch update.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited October 2022
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    It mostly seems to be from not having their wants fulfilled even though I take the time to do this so that they're not stressed all the time. Each time I do this though it just seems to last for 10 minutes before they're stressed over not having them fulfilled again. :D My current Sim has just failed Uni because I spent too much time on this but she was getting too stressed to do any of her work. I do play with the Slice of Life Mod if that's anything to do with it?

Once a sim has the fear of unfulfilled dreams, you might have to take another action to remove the fear.
    Do you get this pointy thought bubble? These are related to the fears. If you hover over them, it will give a hint as to how to remove the fear.
    sims4-wants.jpg?mode=crop&width=682&quality=80&format=webp

You can look in your sim's traits panel to see if they still have the fear or if they got over it, regardless of whether there are any tense/angry moodlets active at the moment (bottom right hand corner, head icon). Having a moodlet go away doesn't mean they got over the fear.
    This sim has the Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams as you can see in the trait panel. No fear-related moodlets are active at the moment.
    fear4-1024x576.jpg

I haven't used Slice of Life but does it affect moodlets or UI elements? That could be a factor. Maybe someone else who uses it could be more help.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @EA_Cade TYSM for the update! That's awesome that they're working on a fix, and even more awesome that you updated us with some info so we know there's a light at the end of the tunnel!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top