Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expensive pet food

I started playing Sims 3 today after a year hiatus. Long story short, I decided to adopt a kitten and place all needed objects and furniture in the house.

When I decided to fill the food bowl, it says the cost to refill is 200 simoleons? I thought it was 10 simoleons or 15? Is my game bugged? How do I fix this?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    It should be be ten simoleons.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member

I don’t know how to fix this.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    HimRumi wrote: »

I just tested it in my game, its 10 simeolons. Did you try removing your mods?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited October 2022
    Do you have a "more expensive purchaseables" mod or something in there. I'd jokingly say "it's inflation"...but this isn't normal for pet food prices to be that high.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    HimRumi wrote: »

I just tested it in my game, its 10 simeolons. Did you try removing your mods?

Yes I removed all mods.
    Do you have a "more expensive purchaseables" mod or something in there. I'd jokingly say "it's inflation"...but this isn't normal for pet food prices to be that high.

Nope, I only had skins and clothes cc.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited October 2022
    @HimRumi
    Which food bowl are you using? If you are using the Auto-Noms Automatic Pet Feeding Station (§600), it does cost §100 to fill it when empty. I do not have any mods that make things cost more.

The Cheapo Chow Bowl (red plastic), the Moderate Mayflower bowl (green plastic with bones and stars), the Bow Wow Wowzer Bowl (metal with copper on black pattern), and the Jolly Feast Pet Bowl (green Christmas pattern) all cost §10 to fill.

If you are not using one of the above, are you using a custom-content food bowl?
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Does it still happen if you sell the old food bowl and buy a new one? If so, try this to reset the bowl (no mods required):

1. Enable testingcheats and enter Buy Mode.
    2. Hold down Shift and Ctrl together, and left-click on the bowl
    3. Select “Reset” from the pie menu

If that didn’t work, you might need to use mods for a “harder” reset. Download and install NRaas MasterController and the MasterController Cheats module. Then follow these steps to reset:

1. Click on any patch of ground on your home lot and choose “NRaas”, then “MasterController”.
    2. Choose “Object Reset”. This will bring up a list of all objects on the lot. Choose the food bowl to reset it.
    texansky wrote: »
    @HimRumi
    Which food bowl are you using? If you are using the Auto-Noms Automatic Pet Feeding Station (§600), it does cost §100 to fill it when empty. I do not have any mods that make things cost more.

The Cheapo Chow Bowl (red plastic), the Moderate Mayflower bowl (green plastic with bones and stars), the Bow Wow Wowzer Bowl (metal with copper on black pattern), and the Jolly Feast Pet Bowl (green Christmas pattern) all cost §10 to fill.

If you are not using one of the above, are you using a custom-content food bowl?

I’m not using a cc bowl, I used the cheapo chow bowl and it still says 200 simoleons for a refill.
    Does it still happen if you sell the old food bowl and buy a new one? If so, try this to reset the bowl (no mods required):

1. Enable testingcheats and enter Buy Mode.
    2. Hold down Shift and Ctrl together, and left-click on the bowl
    3. Select “Reset” from the pie menu

If that didn’t work, you might need to use mods for a “harder” reset. Download and install NRaas MasterController and the MasterController Cheats module. Then follow these steps to reset:

1. Click on any patch of ground on your home lot and choose “NRaas”, then “MasterController”.
    2. Choose “Object Reset”. This will bring up a list of all objects on the lot. Choose the food bowl to reset it.

I tried resetting the bowl, for some reason I was not able to. I have NRaas and I’ll try resetting it the way you recommended.