Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magical Mastersons (Rebooted)

As I previously mentioned, I've restarted my Magical Mastersons save from scratch, and have a new blog!

I decided that it'd be easiest for me to write the blog posts and then link to them here, rather than write out the posts here too.

Chapter One: Just Starting Out

fgSZ8W3.jpg

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 1
    Welcome back, Mastersons! Caroline has a good head on her shoulders, wanting to make sure they have the money to care for kids before having them. Good luck to Caroline in her acting career and I hope that Peter finds something he really enjoys working on soon!

Feel free to ignore this, but is it possible to make the screenshots a little larger on your blog? I like looking at them, and it’s hard to see the details when the pictures are smaller 😄
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,942 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    I’m not entirely sure how to enlarge pictures, but I’ll look into it! It can’t be too hard.
    Glad you’re enjoying it! Yes, Caroline is pretty sensible given that’s she worried she’s not a proper grown up :D I guess everyone’s like that.
    @_sims_Yimi
    I just saw your comment on the wedding chapter for the Parker Saga… thank you! I tried to reply but Blogger was being awkward :| Weddings are always a lovely occasion, even if it is a little like herding cats at times :D They mostly sit down and pay attention, though sometimes they’ll get up and wander round. In the first photo of Will and Hazel at the altar, with the guests in the background, Lydia is invisible because she decided to stand up… she’s hidden behind the arch :D:D Of course, I could just use poses now I guess!
    Here's Chapter Two!

Chapter Two: Sooner Than Expected

e7AAPy5.jpg

@_sims_Yimi Hopefully the screenshots are big enough! Turns out enlarging them is very easy :D I'll go and re-edit Chapter One too.
    As soon as I saw your comment about Caroline being sensible, I just thought "oh no, she's already had twins" :D Ah well. I'm going to say that it was a combination of getting caught up in Love Day festivities, her feeling confident with her recent promotion, and thinking that it may take a while to conceive. Plus "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" as she alludes to.
    Hope you enjoyed it @Sims4MagicalTales !
    This thread got mentioned in yesterday’s Friday Highlights! So exciting!
    @Lucy_Henley Yay, thank you! That looks way better 😁

Chapter 2
    Oh no, poor Peter. Doing the right thing and paying the price for it in getting fired. That’s a harsh blow. Luckily Caroline is there to cheer him up and praise him. Wooops, so much for them holding off on kids. And Peter just lost his job, too. They’d better shape up a bit and get things sorted quickly, for their kid’s sake 😅 Hooo boy, and twins immediately, indeed! LOL Peter’s reaction 😆
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    It’s actually what happened in the original version of the save. I’d recently bought both Realm of Magic and Get Famous, so I created a save to explore both packs. Sometimes with Get Famous, you get chance cards popping up. “Dirty Money” is one for the Business career. Since Peter has the Good trait, I figured that reporting the shady dealings to the authorities fit his personality. But he also has the Ambitious trait so he reacts particularly badly to being fired.
    He does now have a job in the Entertainer career, so all is not lost!
    edited October 2022
    Chapter Three is here!

Chapter Three: Starting a New Tradition

Bu6aJvf.jpg

I love the preview photo for this one. Xanthe's chewing on a toy and Erytheia's just looking at her like "what are you doing???" :D:D:D
    Chapter 3
    Seconded on the twins 😄 I was worried for a second when the picture came along of them toddling towards the water on their own, but Caroline did well keeping an eye on them. Haha, looks like childcare is taking its toll on her during work 😆
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    Yeah, the girls are pretty cute!
    Whenever a Sim passes out from exhaustion, it always looks so uncomfortable. They could at least lie completely on their front!
    And here's Chapter Four, with a rhyming title!

Chapter Four: Do We Want More?

ahvuUNJ.jpg

Seems like I've been fairly consistent so far, posting every two days. Hopefully I can maintain this, at least for a while.
    @Sims4MagicalTales I’m doing well, thanks! I’ve been keeping up with your story thread, don’t worry! :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    ominous squirting and squelching noises
    lol XD enjoying this very much!
    gen3-banner.png
    ominous squirting and squelching noises
    lol XD enjoying this very much!
    Yep, toddlers love making a mess! Not to mention Xanthe playing about in the toilet…

Glad you’re enjoying it!
    Chapter 4
    Nooo, not the plants! 😱 all joking aside, the twins are little angels with how well-behaved they are. Hopefully Peter and Caroline will get just as lucky with their next child(ren) 😊
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Chapter 4
    Nooo, not the plants! 😱 all joking aside, the twins are little angels with how well-behaved they are. Hopefully Peter and Caroline will get just as lucky with their next child(ren) 😊
    Yeah, they’re pretty good kids! Let’s see how they cope with more… the girls are both potty trained now which is a bonus.

Glad you’re enjoying it!
    I'm not going to be able to do a new chapter today, but here's a screenshot of Erytheia and Xanthe in their Spooky Day costumes!

9MtDrra.jpg
    Chapter Five is here!

Chapter Five: A Busy Week!

VwsQAjs.jpg

I feel like most weeks with the Mastersons could be called busy, but this one was particularly so :D