Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Worlds of Rflong7 ♥ =D

1575859606163...Next

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2022
    @JackieDaw wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply!
    The island is called Clownfish Island

Okay. I re-downloaded the world to make sure it's the one I'm sharing.
    -Moved a Sim to an empty lot.... I did use the cheat to unlock all the islands and moved my Sim to Clown Island. So far there hasn't been any problems with going into Build/Buy mode nor saving. :(
    I even went back to the Main Menu then back into the family on the island. No problems with build/buy.

And then...it happened.
    I'm trying to remember how I got it to not open build/buy. I've never had a Sim own a private island.
    When I tried to open buy mode, nothing. I noticed she still had the ability to open build/buy on her original lot.
    So, I moved her around. Not just visit but she moved to where the lot became her home. Any home lot but the first one couldn't open build/buy.
    When I moved her back to the original lot, I can open build/buy on all the other island hidden lots, even her own lot. Just can't now open b/b while living on the islands.
    Is it supposed to work that way? I don't know.

So, I don't know. :lol: Sorry.
    I love Island Paradise expansion but I never did buy another house while playing. :(

*The 'build on this lot' option was available and worked with the testing code on.
    **Also, when she wasn't living on the island, the option "Real Estate ... Build on this lot" as available from Map View.
  • JackieDawJackieDaw Posts: 18 New Member
    This is exactly my problem, but the build/buy opens on all the lots I move my sims to, except for this particular island. That' s okay though, I can still pick another lot for my sims to live on. I also noticed that I can unlock build/buy using cheat codes, so I can use it if I would really want to live on that island no matter what.

Thank you for trying to help anyway, I appreciate it! Have a nice day. :)
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I just wanted to pop in here to say a big THANK YOU to @Rflong7 / @Rflong13 for creating Glenvale County. It has always been my go-to world whenever I wanted to start a new game. The world had everything I needed for my gameplay, and what it didn't have, I was able to add to the world without any issues.

Playing Glenvale County inspired me to create my own world. If anyone is interested, the new blog in my signature has information about Alryne Valley and a link for downloading it. Residential lots are plenty and the majority of them are empty, so it's perfect for those who like to build their own or add their own builds to the game.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2023
    I've been building up Mt Holbston, and I was at a loss of what to do on the largest lot overlooking the ocean in the beginning. So I decided on a sort of makeshift boardwalk. It's where the Restaurant, day spa, grocery, bookshop and the consignment stores are located. Here's a couple of pics - ( excuse my debug lights :D )

nkZIzfp.jpg

qxLdlTa.jpg

mfn7Lso.jpg

There's no festival lot in the world, because I got tired of having parks "close" when the festival ends and sims can't even use the toilets, so I don't often use them anymore. This way they can still go and do stuff on the boardwalk.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @Rflong7
    @Rflong13

I just tried to look at your studio on my phone (I was travelling), and I can't even bring up your MyPage for rflong7. I'll check again on my laptop when I get home. I hope you or they haven't purged rflong7 worlds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top