Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    LegoGirl wrote: »
    I hope it's OK to post this here.

Bowie-by-Lunaa-2022.png

Yay or nay?
    :)

You drew this?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather drink hot cocoa or cold apple cider?

Uhmmmm. I don't know, y'all. I only know apple cider vinegar water as apple cider. Is that the same thing? XD

DeKay wrote: »

Bowie-by-Lunaa-2022.png

Yay or nay?

You drew this?

It's a project I've been working on for ages ^-^

It looks really cool!
    832XG3D.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,791 Member
    Hot cocoa every time. I adore apple cider but cocoa is just that little bit better. I'm with @LegoGirl, a splash of cream is perfection. I like my apple cider slightly warmed and with a cinnamon stick, even more so if its an extra sweet cider.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

Bowie-by-Lunaa-2022.png

Yay or nay?

So what does it mean, then? Lunaaa?

And @DeKay qbout cocoa vs cider, here ppl drink hot spiced cider as often as cocoa but I noted it was hot cocoa vs. Cold cider.

Hot cider is really good but somehow tastes less sweet. Great simmered with mulling spices though. Makes the house smell good and is nice to sip on and offer guests.

I love the fresh sweet cider I can get locally right about now, unpasteurized because you can just leave it put and it will go sparkly/fizzy on its own!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Which is better: Bonfires or indoor/fireplace fires?

Me living in a hot and humid country: 🤡

I've actually been near a bonfire before during a campnight. It was pretty hot. The idea of an indoor fire seems nice and cozy but def not here where I'm from. 😬 That's like if you wanna turn your living room into a sauna. LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    That feeling when you find a bunch of awesome music at once and are overwhelmed with new songs to listen to....
    I love both.

Dancing around a bonfire with a large group of people is so primal.

But cuddling etc in front of an indoor fireplace in a private suite for instance, is awesome because there's something about how the heat from an open flame feels on bare skin, and you can't get privacy at an outdoor bonfire, not easily anyway.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Do you tend to carve pumpkins as scary, funny, or traditional?

We don't carve pumpkins here but if I did, I would make them scary of course! 😉😉

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAFK2f2vsJGGl6h6sperJtqrLNfrMXRCaNow&usqp=CAU
    832XG3D.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Do you tend to carve pumpkins as scary, funny, or traditional?

We don't carve pumpkins here but if I did, I would make them scary of course! 😉😉

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAFK2f2vsJGGl6h6sperJtqrLNfrMXRCaNow&usqp=CAU

For the cider or cocoa question, hot cocoa every time. 😋 I prefer using cacao powder to make it at home because of the very low sugar content. I like my hot chocolate to taste like chocolate (especially dark choc!)

For the bonfire/fire question, I find indoor fires too warm and prefer watching an outdoor bonfire. I like the crackling sound they make too.

The last time I tried to carve a pumpkin I think I accidentally broke a piece off. If I could successfully carve the design I wanted I would pick a funny one. For bonus humour I'd source a humourously shaped pumpkin or squash too.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you get more meaning in your life by helping others or by helping yourself?

Helping myself. But helping others has taught me that the world is cruel. Don't know if that is considered to give more meaning to my life but in a way, yeah. 😭
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you get more meaning in your life by helping others

Others. Sure I've been burned a few times helping others but those were the extreme minority of cases. Most of the time, helping others makes me feel like a worthwhile human being.

None of us are here because others only helped themselves, if you think about it. We all owe our existence to someone else's sacrifice on our behalf.

Perhaps it's because I have lived in want, been without help, that I have so much empathy for someone else in need. It is said it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven and selfishness vs. the mandate of selflessness in order to be redeemed, is at the heart of that parable.

I'm not a member of any organized religion but I do believe that.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Spiritually, I try to follow the admonition to “love my neighbor as myself.” If you extend grace/love/joy to yourself, you can then also extend it to others. So both, really. We’re all on the same journey, but we travel different roads. A little help along the way is a good thing.

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Helping myself. But helping others has taught me that the world is cruel. Don't know if that is considered to give more meaning to my life but in a way, yeah. 😭
    I can relate. While I occasionally donate to charity, it's pretty rare for me to go out of my way to help a stranger out, as there is some truth to “no good deed goes unpunished”.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Objectivity speaking, myself. Because people around me usually don't need to help, people who far away from me I usually can't help. What I can do the most is probably donate some money to them, but as a ordinary person how can be so many chance of this.

Subjectively speaking, others. I don't know why, I think it's because my personality. I also always think of my ability, such as I won't donate or donate very less when I'm needs those money for necessary personal situations.
    But I know there're a few extent because of I have few chance to help others, it's similar to "exotic foods are more delicious".

If only "meaning of life", neither. To me the meaning of life not be influnced by outer factors.
    But helping others has taught me that the world is cruel.
    MMX wrote: »
    as there is some truth to “no good deed goes unpunished”.
    I can relate too. There's a very dang situation is, after you help someone, you have be regarded as the "only one"/savior/the "to grasp at straws" by them. Then you're being stalked or something.

The most dang part is you even can't be bold and self-confident in heart to deal it even you're clearly know and think you're not guilty, because they're the victim. 😭😭😭
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    edited October 2022
    Today's Q Q is:
    Have you ever done extreme tourism?

Hahaha, no. I wouldn't even survive, I bet. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I don’t have that kind of energy or the motivation. 😀
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

What's extreme tourism? Is that like doing daredevil things like bungee jumping or shark diving?
    edited October 2022
    Ugggh, I have this one red notification on this site that never goes away even tho I already looked at it, for the past 3-4 days. It's driving me mad. 😮‍💨
    Today's Q Q is:

What's extreme tourism? Is that like doing daredevil things like bungee jumping or shark diving?

Yeah, kinda, or just visiting dangerous places.
    832XG3D.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,791 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Yes and no. I suppose it would depend on where. Places that are supposedly hot spots for ghosts would be a definite yes on my list of places I would consider. After my ghost encounters at the Crockett Hotel in San Antonio, I am curious about extreme tourism like that. Outside of that...maybe, maybe, Chernobyl. I never would have even given it a thought before the miniseries, but something about the opening and closing line of the show, "What is the cost of lies?" struck me. What are the chances I would do it if the war in Ukraine ended tomorrow? About 0.0001%, but that's the only other extreme tourism trip I would even entertain if it didn't pertain to ghosts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top