Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base Game Update Available

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    edited October 2022
    Also since we've been talking about it, we're tracking the Wants and Fears toggle issue on AHQ here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Emily the new Guide can be found in the Gallery? I tried searching, but so far no luck. I'd like to use her as a test sim for updates and such.

I found Emily--well, one version of her. There are two or three more. They must have uploaded her after I looked. This Emily's aspiration is Renaissance Sim. Her traits are Loyal, Genius, and Cheerful.

Emily HelpCenter
    y4mVs2StCkNsKlgMTjxlquKn16JtsJ5WFYTbmJ4fNe8uo7A1va5QZ_srazOozi3dL5cgZ9RlPUlqbgtu4cjAGoyjnX2z1AzJ8YTUlCRlbe895XPP-yYRs0OmixYiKqSETE0f5eZjwDj8QKK5X5bnvSBxJ9I76lIul32KtUhf9HtA1PT-7NfVks_mEK3_DyXYBn0?width=454&height=250&cropmode=none

cheerful? that explains why i immediately felt like ruining her life :lol: loyal is cool tho that just might save her
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    great update but where is the scenarios? It’s not on the main menu anymore…
    edited October 2022
    HopeCrash wrote: »
    great update but where is the scenarios? It’s not on the main menu anymore…

Scenarios are showing for me, are you on PC?

Update: If you're launching the game for the first time after the patch yesterday this is intended as Emily introduces herself on the Main Menu at that time, once you load the second time you should be seeing the Scenarios again.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @EA_Cade Do you think you could give an estimate of how many more vanilla saves it’ll take to investigate the non-CC-related version of the Groundhog Day glitch?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @EA_Cade Do you think you could give an estimate of how many more vanilla saves it’ll take to investigate the non-CC-related version of the Groundhog Day glitch?

I was under the impression this was fixed in the September patch? Are you fully up to date with no mods?
    edited October 2022
    @EA_Cade Well, I’ve actually been playing in offline mode since the pre-HSY patch to avoid that glitch (so I’m a few patches behind), but I’ve been keeping up with the thread on EA Answers. As far as I know, the Trendi-related variant has been fixed, but some people are still experiencing the other one, sometimes without even owning HSY.
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Any problems with the update? No aging bugs I hope.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited October 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Can we finally turn off wants and fears?

@Brd709 patch notes are here.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003915/new-onboarding-ui-scaling-and-more#latest

I didn't see anything for wants and fears.

We still can't turn off wants and fears properly.

I've seen this sentiment before and I just want you to know that this has been sent up to the team. I can't assure you that it'll be changed, but they are aware of how you feel.

It’s not assured a bug will changed?

That is, indeed, what was said.

That's not what I meant. I've seen a lot of players call for the Wants and Fears system to be removed both here and on Answers HQ, that is what I was referring to and what I thought we were discussing here.

One thing I can say about the fears is that there is a way to get rid of a fear temporarily, by completing a want and then talking to someone about the fear, but I do wish we could X out the wants and fears like we could the whims. It does get annoying to constantly turn the radio on and off to different stations to complete wants when you have other plans for the sim.

I will say my freegan bum sim that I force to do manual labor and such is miserable all of the time….. it makes me laugh.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @EA_Cade Well, I’ve actually been playing in offline mode since the pre-HSY patch to avoid that glitch (so I’m a few patches behind), but I’ve been keeping up with the thread on EA Answers. As far as I know, the Trendi-related variant has been fixed, but some people are still experiencing the other one, sometimes without even owning HSY.

Gotcha, I believe all of the issues we've seen reported recently for the Groundhog Day errors have been modded games.
    @EA_Cade By “recently”, you mean since the September patch, right?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    That's correct.
    @EA_Cade There are a few people on the current thread who had the glitch without mods, but the first person seems to have fixed it by accident and they don’t know how. 🤔
    I’m just wondering how risky it’d be to patch my game (after my mods have been updated, of course), because I bought HSY a while ago and I’d love to use it.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    Does anyone know how Emily the new Guide can be found in the Gallery? I tried searching, but so far no luck. I'd like to use her as a test sim for updates and such.

I found Emily--well, one version of her. There are two or three more. They must have uploaded her after I looked. This Emily's aspiration is Renaissance Sim. Her traits are Loyal, Genius, and Cheerful.

Emily HelpCenter
    y4mVs2StCkNsKlgMTjxlquKn16JtsJ5WFYTbmJ4fNe8uo7A1va5QZ_srazOozi3dL5cgZ9RlPUlqbgtu4cjAGoyjnX2z1AzJ8YTUlCRlbe895XPP-yYRs0OmixYiKqSETE0f5eZjwDj8QKK5X5bnvSBxJ9I76lIul32KtUhf9HtA1PT-7NfVks_mEK3_DyXYBn0?width=454&height=250&cropmode=none

I think that’s someone’s edit of her. She is on the gallery as Emily Parcel created by Maxis and has the clumsy ambitious and outgoing traits :). She looks the same though.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2880152A4A8811ED8BD3C8344132EBF9

I really like her, I’m going to try to make her a teacher at the high school.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »

Emily HelpCenter

I think that’s someone’s edit of her. She is on the gallery as Emily Parcel created by Maxis and has the clumsy ambitious and outgoing traits :). She looks the same though.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2880152A4A8811ED8BD3C8344132EBF9

That’s a good idea! She would totally fit as a teacher!
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,012 Member
    edited October 2022
    JustinB113 wrote: »

@JustinB113 Thanks for the heads-up! I knew Maxis had to have an original version, but my Maxis search didn't bring her up yesterday. She did show up today though. From the dates and posted comments, she was first uploaded around 18 hours ago.

EDIT: @simgirl1010 And thank you too!
    Nice!

Emily and Callia will also be making a special appearance later this year as well...

🎁🎄
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Holiday goodies! 💚
    Holiday goodies! 💚

Almost 2 weeks of them, 12 days to be exact.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Holiday goodies! 💚

Ooo @catloverplayer would be happy to hear
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Holiday goodies! 💚

Can't wait! :blush:
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Holiday goodies! 💚

Ahaa! A little hint, I see! Maybe that's what this summit is all about, to discuss the upcoming 12 Days of Simsmas!
    Oh man, that would be a lot of pressure on me! 😶
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    One thing I can say about the fears is that there is a way to get rid of a frat temporarily

As a resident of a college town, on certain weekends I too would like a way to get rid of a frat temporarily. B)

(sorry @SheriSim57 )