Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October 11th Patch Feedback Thread

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2022
    What's with the 'game-lag' on the PS4 version, its occurring all the time (not just when changing modes or using the camera). If i get more than 20mins play without lag its a miracle !!

@Cptngeldart Lag? I’ll see if my game is lagging and get back to you.

What I tend to do is pause my game and forget to close the game for days at a time. My PS4 goes into sleep mode, and when I go back to playing, I usually pick up where I left off.

The game doesn’t always have significant lag after that, but if it does, I usually just reload the application.

Other times, it happens when I edit lots that don’t normally have a build mode option available. Most common places that this happens are Vacation Worlds and University Dorms while my sims are on Vacation or at University. I learned a while ago that it’s always a good idea to edit Vacation World Lots and University Dorms before going on Vacation or to the University.

I’ve had the application for my game open for more than 24 hours now. I’ll let you know how my game is working. Again, sometimes, reloading the application helps.

Also, my PS4 needed to be updated before I could update the sims. I believe I have the settings set to to check for the drops every hour. Maybe reloading the application helps because it also reloads start up processes for the application?

@Hearts4u I just changed one of my mermen to have the Loyal trait instead of the Cheerful trait. I thought it would give more depth to that sim.

Thank you for testing the trait!

Might I ask if Danica has the Jealous trait? Also, what are her traits? The lifestyles might make a difference too. I’m just hoping to get a little more information for when I give the trait a try.

There are a few social traits like Close Knit, People Person, Single and Loving it, and etc… Obviously the Single and Loving it isn’t going to be much of a factor, but there might be a romance counterpart?

Do you have High School Years?

I haven’t gotten High School Years yet, so there are things from that pack I don’t experience.
    @Hearts4u I wonder if it’s a reaction to having the Loyal trait herself? Both of them have the Loyal Trait.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    So, I decided to test how the new loyal trait is working since you are asking for feedback. Removed my mod cc folder and started a new save. Now this is how they described the new loyal trait.
    Loyal Trait
    It’s always a good day when new Traits are added to the Base Game, and today we bring you the Loyal Trait for Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims! Loyal Sims value their relationships and fully commit to them, whether it’s a friendship, a romance, or even work. They avoid cheating of any kind; the trust of their loved ones is too important to risk!

The Test: I gave my married couple each the loyal trait and added two other non-related Sims to their household, cooked some flirty cookies, hosted a party and invited 15 friends.

During the party, other Sims tried to put the move/romance on Denton and he rejected them every single time. At least this part of the feature is working for the new trait.

The problem is how Denton's wife, Danica, reacted. First, she angrily stumped up the stairs and tore down the dollhouse and received a new emotion buff. Then, it was all downhill from there as you can see from the image below which shows some of her other emotions and the sentiment she got towards Denton—who did nothing wrong. Oh, and their romance bar took a serious hit. This should not have happened because Denton did not cheat on his wife and nor did he engage in any romance interactions with any other Sim during the party.

Although I will not be adding this trait until it is fixed, I'm still looking forward to using it when it does work.

Loyal-Trait-Results.jpg

Suggestion: They should improve their quality control and communication between departments.

Thanks for the testing on a new game! To be fair sims getting mad at their partner for being flirted with has been an issue since base game. I don't know if it can be fixed but I do hope it's something they can correct in the future.
    I am however, happy to hear that Sims with reject the flirts. That's definitely a big advancement and I will be using this on many Sims. 👌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I play on console so don’t use CC or anything but I have most of the packs. In 5 or so hours of playing I haven’t noticed any problems with the patch. My thoughts are mostly positive.

I really like Emily. I love that she is on the gallery too and have installed her - I really like premade official sims. I read through the lessons and I think they’re good. I will turn her off because I don’t need her but I do like the feature.

I think it’s a good idea to fix scenarios as I play these from time to time and have no idea which are broken or not and want them to work when I try them. I would like to see more reasons to do them in the game still though, and maybe a better interface. But yes, they need to work so this is good.

I love the loyal trait and it will be a regular pick for me. It suits my playstyle a lot and will be one of my most used traits. I’m perfectly happy that it’s one of the ones you have to choose rather than something you buy for every sim.

I don’t really like the tattoos but I don’t tend to use them anyway. I also don’t really care for the fan or plumbob items in general (sorry!) so won’t use this probably. I do agree with the sentiment that it feels more like a patch for new players than existing ones and understand there’s things that people want fixed before scenarios and the starting experience but I see both sides.

I feel like the Emily sim and the loyal trait would be a nice ‘free gift’ and i think it’s a good idea to freshen up tutorials from time to time. I wasn’t expecting anything until the sims summit so I’m pretty happy about the patch if I’m honest.
  • Only_Half_DumbOnly_Half_Dumb Posts: 1 New Member
    I didn't even notice any of the problems people were having- It's most likely because I never use Henford or werewolves or ask my sims siblings to prom
  • xChuChySimsxChuChySims Posts: 2 New Member
    My game keeps crashing. I do not have mods installed either. I repaired the game twice.
  • darbiniiidarbiniii Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had an issue with this update where Sims randomly insult each other during casual discussions. Full soulmate relationships have completely deteriorated in a short amount of time. This happens even when there is no one else around/flirty interactions to create jealousy or negative relationships. Even meeting new people goes poorly.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager
    darbiniii wrote: »
    I've had an issue with this update where Sims randomly insult each other during casual discussions. Full soulmate relationships have completely deteriorated in a short amount of time. This happens even when there is no one else around/flirty interactions to create jealousy or negative relationships. Even meeting new people goes poorly.

This was addressed earlier in the thread here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I kind of like the new tutorial feature. Getting the extra Simoleons for doing the first part was nice. But I kind of wish that there was an "X" in the corner of the window or even a "not now", or something similar, button so that it can be closed for those of us who don't necessarily want to turn it off in options while it's new, but don't want to use it right then.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2022
    @chicklet453681 The points you made are totally valid and I wish it worked that way. Initially, I was very excited about this and looking forward to using it as well.

@Metior_Ice The depth is somewhat there as they have added new emotions, wants, fears and sentiments for having it. It just needs to be tweaked so that the anger is directed towards the Sim attempting to get romantic with the person you are in a relationship with; Also, the things chiklet453681 mentioned.

They need to add the proper response/gameplay, emotions, wants, fears and sentiments for a Sim being loyal.
    Also Metior_Ice, it is like @babykittyjade mentioned—the Sims misdirecting their anger has always been an issue and I don’t know if they can even fix this either since it continues to be an issue. For that reason, I do not give any Sim the romantic trait, I don’t make any type of flirty edibles or have objects that would evoke Sims getting flirty. So, since I've been using those things as my solution, I’m going to try and use the trait and see how things go.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    I loaded my game, and things seemed fine after leaving the game loaded on my PS4 for more than 24 hours. This time, I left the save with the manage worlds screen open. It’s possible that it made a difference.

Regardless, when I experience significant lag on the PS4 there are a few tricks that almost always solve the problem.

1. Travel to another lot.

It’s the easiest and simplest solution. When I travel to another lot, the lag usually goes away. I guess the loading screen helps in that respect.

2. If traveling to another lot doesn’t fix the lag, I would close the application and load things up again.

Reloading the application rarely fails to solve an issue with lag.

Things that trigger lag usually involve using cheats to do things you normally wouldn’t be able to do like editing lots while on vacation or staying in a dorm while enrolled at a university.
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @chicklet453681 The points you made are totally valid and I wish it worked that way. Initially, I was very excited about this and looking forward to using it as well.

@Metior_Ice The depth is somewhat there as they have added new emotions, wants, fears and sentiments for having it. It just needs to be tweaked so that the anger is directed towards the Sim attempting to get romantic with the person you are in a relationship with; Also, the things chiklet453681 mentioned.

They need to add the proper response/gameplay, emotions, wants, fears and sentiments for a Sim being loyal.
    Also Metior_Ice, it is like @babykittyjade mentioned—the Sims misdirecting their anger has always been an issue and I don’t know if they can even fix this either since it continues to be an issue. For that reason, I do not give any Sim the romantic trait, I don’t make any type of flirty edibles or have objects that would evoke Sims getting flirty. So, since I've been using those things as my solution, I’m going to try and use the trait and see how things go.

On another note, what happened to the Jealous trait? It is now missing. I’m going to report this on AHQ unless it was removed.

@Hearts4u playing with merfolk has made me very familiar with situations in which romance builds between sims, intended or not.

My merfolk have level 10 singing skill and like to sing. During club gatherings, I usually have singing as a club activity. My merfolk under those circumstances tend to spend a lot of time Serenading each other.

The big reason I mention merfolk is their mermadic abilities. One of the things merfolk tend to be really really good at is romance, and I think it has a lot to do with abilities that almost never fail: the Mermaid’s Kiss and Charmer’s Lullaby. There’s a little too much emphasis on Sirens and their romantic qualities for my taste. I do get the impression that merfolk have been confused with Sirens by the developers… the two very different Greek Mythological creatures do have overlapping abilities and qualities.

Anyways, my only situation that involved a cheating spouse in game was the Cecilia Kang from Henford-on-Bagley. She’s like a female Don Lothario with how she flirts up storms… She has the non-commital trait. Almost the exact opposite of the Loyal Trait.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before (I don't have time to read through all of the threads now that college has started up again), but is there anything that they can do to fix the Sims emotions? It's getting beyond frustrating that they're always "very angry", "very tense", "very sad" when they have no reason to be (needs are fulfilled etc).
    The wants and needs are annoying. Is there an option to turn this off?

Sadly, I don't have much time to play the game in-between my college days and essays and research, but the times I do get to play the game it seems to be spent trying to satisfy these stupid emotions and wants/needs and I'm neglecting gameplay/story progression with characters. Most of my Sims are in Uni/have families and this is interrupting that gameplay. So far I'm not seeing what has been "fixed"/updated in the recent patch other than some walk through scenario. I'm sorry for sounding so negative but I was really hoping for some improvement to this system in the recent update. Sims never seem to be happy anymore.
  • MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    Broken to the left of me.... Broken to the right of me..... That's why I just wait 'til the last note (or 'til all my choices are spent).
    @Lulu29 not too negative.

There is an option to turn off wants and fears. I find giving sims the brave trait helps with managing the fears.

As for the moodlets, what kind of lifestyles do your sims live? Depending on the lifestyle, they can get powerful moodlets regardless of how their needs are met.

Also. Likes and Dislikes are important. If your sim dislikes something they can get upset doing it. Like I have my merfolk set to dislike fishing. If they go fishing, it would upset them.

For University, are your sims Outdoorsy or Active sims. They can get tense or uncomfortable if they stay inside too long. My merfolk tend to have an outdoorsy and active lifestyle, probably has something to do with life in the ocean and all the swimming they do.

It would be a challenge to get them through University if I kept them inside.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Shame this wasn't started a few patches ago 😉 but it's a great idea to have a patch feedback thread so thanks for this.

Unfortunately I haven't updated since the patch before the HSY patch so I will have to wait for the loyal trait but that is something to look forward to. I'm hoping it gets added to the rewards store for existing sims to use and also that sims reactions get adjusted if someone flirts with their spouse (as detailed earlier in the thread).

From online pics, the fan and tattoos look rather ugly and don't appeal to me.

Well, I did actually update on my 2nd computer but I won't be playing on that one again as the constant phone usage and the broken wants and fears toggle were constantly annoying me.
    I figured that I could get High School Years and Werewolves, so it’s time to take the plunge. Maybe I’ll find work around for any bugs. But, I hope I can at least give better feedback in the future.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    It's getting beyond frustrating that they're always "very angry", "very tense", "very sad" when they have no reason to be (needs are fulfilled etc).
    @Lulu29 Do you mean that they are very angry etc. but they don't have any angry moodlets? If that's the case then you may have a broken mod or something.
    There is a toggle to turn off wants and fears, but right now it doesn't stay turned off. The bug report for that is here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/m-p/11692023

• rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My kid/teen sims could come in on Spooky Day and grab some candy but I couldn't ask them to trick or treat (no mods).
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @EA_Cade Please post or link to the patch notes when you start a thread like this (https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-10-11-2022) I really like the clickable pack icons for navigating to each pack for easy navigation of the patch notes.

Now to anyone who can answer:

I got noisy neighbors for the first time in an Evergreen Harbor Apartment. I like the apartments there specifically to avoid the CL neighbor stuff.

Q: Have the apartment living neighbor scripts from City Living been patched into the apartments in Evergreen Harbor?
  • JenarleJenarle Posts: 3 New Member
    I think Sims Mobile should have another town, so we have more places to add homes. It sucks having to demolish a previously purchased home that you’ve personalized, to make space to add a new one.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @Jenarle welcome to the forum. 🙂

We have a Sims Mobile discussion forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/tsm-general-discussion
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    It's getting beyond frustrating that they're always "very angry", "very tense", "very sad" when they have no reason to be (needs are fulfilled etc).
    @Lulu29 Do you mean that they are very angry etc. but they don't have any angry moodlets? If that's the case then you may have a broken mod or something.
    There is a toggle to turn off wants and fears, but right now it doesn't stay turned off. The bug report for that is here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/m-p/11692023

No, they just seem to have angry/tense moodlets all the time even when they don't have any personality traits that could trigger this (hot headed etc). They just seem to be perpetually sad as well if they don't have their wants met. I do try and spend time making sure that they get what they want whilst they're studying/raising families but it is a pain. :/ For example my current saved Sim is not an outdoorsy type, she's on probation at Uni because the last term I spent trying to fix her moodlets from this "wants/fears" things. Another example is that my Sims seem to have this intense fear of dying all the time or "missing out on dreams" even if they haven't seen/been near a Sim dying (triggering the "very sad" moodlet. They never used to before this update that included this system. They were actually quite happy and content Sims lol. The system could be good and add another dimension to this game, it just needs fixing.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,081 Member
    Just a nudge on this one ;) Fixing the wants and fears button so we can turn them off properly.

And a new one i discovered last night: The Top Notch Toddler trait not appearing after maxing out all five toddler skills.
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @Lulu29 not too negative.

There is an option to turn off wants and fears. I find giving sims the brave trait helps with managing the fears.

As for the moodlets, what kind of lifestyles do your sims live? Depending on the lifestyle, they can get powerful moodlets regardless of how their needs are met.

Also. Likes and Dislikes are important. If your sim dislikes something they can get upset doing it. Like I have my merfolk set to dislike fishing. If they go fishing, it would upset them.

For University, are your sims Outdoorsy or Active sims. They can get tense or uncomfortable if they stay inside too long. My merfolk tend to have an outdoorsy and active lifestyle, probably has something to do with life in the ocean and all the swimming they do.

It would be a challenge to get them through University if I kept them inside.

Thanks for your reply. :) A lot of my University Sims are the quiet studious types that generally aren't that active. Even so I do try and get them out for a jog everyday! I'll keep in mind what you said about the brave trait and see if this makes a difference. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top