March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store items and new EA App

lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,231 Member
@EA_Cade, when the new EA app takes over Origin, will we be able to use The Sims 3 store website to download the stuff that we have brought?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,219 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

Sorry for the delay, but yep! All content owned in the web store is compatible with the EA app as well.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,231 Member
    @EA_Cade, Thank you for answering my question because some members had heard that the store will shut down and that all store content that will be lost and incompatible with the new EA app. I have heard of some people saying that they were having issues with downloading their items from the store while others have no issues whatsoever.

It was in this thread that someone had made the comment about hearing about the store shutting down and that we will lose all of our items that we had brought over the years.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help/p461
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited December 2022
    Recently reinstalled Sims 3 and I have all my prev downloads of store content etc now back in my download folder. However when I go to install there a few items that keep coming up with an error that seriously makes no sense.
    It tells me to make sure my game has the latest software update. It is as updated as far as it can go. Just wondering if anyone else has or has had this problem.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • brandonfavebrandonfave Posts: 17 Member
    Yeah. It keeps making me reinstall content. Installing content has become a huge chore with this new EA app; I end up spending more time installing content than actually playing the game!
    I get it on both Origin and the new app. I have sims4 and 2 running well on the app so will just leave it for now. I can install 3 again but its just the dlc that won't cooperate. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SmashyVampySmashyVampy Posts: 4 New Member
    My issue is similar except it says installed but it never has. driving me insane
    It seems to be getting worse now. Now it takes a few tries to get everything to install, and then when the game/launcher is restarted, it no longer shows up as installed!
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that attempting to reinstall anything makes it say that there are "no packages to install".
    @brandonfave Did you get it worked out? All my purchased content is installing fine using the app now.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • KjarmanKjarman Posts: 3 New Member
    None of my worlds are installing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. So hurt!!
    Is anyone else having this issue?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    My issue is similar except it says installed but it never has. driving me insane

Has this been resolved? I'm wondering when it will be safe for me to try allowing my simming laptop to be online again because hearing about all these problems arising since the EA App for sims3 makes me fear for whether my soms3 game will be permanently wrecked if I do.

But I also heard them saying not go fear, that they were working on fixing sims3 issues with the EA App so I want to kbow if people are having problems still, or of they are resolving.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,261 Member
    edited November 2022
    It's the EA App, because all the stuff I installed through Origin is still installed from the store but when I go to play the sims 3 through the EA App it's not there. Let me check and see if there is a thread for it on EA forum
    new.png
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,261 Member
    I didn't see a thread on it and I assume there will be an update, so I posted in the sims 3 thread asking will there be an update for this.
    new.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,104 Member
    I can't access my store contents either. I've tried reinstalling them but only my packs work. It's so not fair. :'(
    Just to update I have downloaded and installed all my store content. The problem has become that sometimes when I start a game it all loads and plays fine then other times it doesn't. I think it's the launcher that's not playing nicely with the app causing this as it was certainly not perfect before with Origin either. :/

There have been threads on the EA help running with simmers having same problem but no decisive fix as yet. I am thinking the launcher may need an update so hopefully they will do that. They did fix the install problem with the game so it wouldn't make sense for them not to fix the store content as well. Especially as they are still selling it.

ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,169 Member
    Kjarman wrote: »
    None of my worlds are installing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. So hurt!!

I am having the same issue .None of the worlds show up if I use EA App.
    Kjarman wrote: »

I am having the same issue .None of the worlds show up if I use EA App.

Hey all, this is currently under investigation by the Sims team.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Just to update I have downloaded and installed all my store content. The problem has become that sometimes when I start a game it all loads and plays fine then other times it doesn't. I think it's the launcher that's not playing nicely with the app causing this as it was certainly not perfect before with Origin either. :/

There have been threads on the EA help running with simmers having same problem but no decisive fix as yet. I am thinking the launcher may need an update so hopefully they will do that. They did fix the install problem with the game so it wouldn't make sense for them not to fix the store content as well. Especially as they are still selling it.

It s so weird and frustrating . Some of my store worlds and store content are not appearing in the game .
    @Horrorgirl6 Since I posted that I returned exclusively to Origin. It was hit and miss for awhile but seems to be loading all now. However Origin has been acting up a bit again so I may get an unwelcome surprise next time I go in to play 3.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    @Horrorgirl6 Since I posted that I returned exclusively to Origin. It was hit and miss for awhile but seems to be loading all now. However Origin has been acting up a bit again so I may get an unwelcome surprise next time I go in to play 3.

Do you have a link that I can download origin ?

You can use this link while Origin is still available.
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Thank you for the help.
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Thank you for the help.

He was faster than me. I think its the age difference. Ha ha
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    I am getting this now , it's a total joke , Store content I install then decides to uninstall itself again and often if i click it in downloads it throws out the update error at me so i have to go to the store and download it again , Then as soon as i exit the launcher it does exactly the same again , EA is quite happy to take our money still for store content but not willing to fix this so we can actually install it and play it
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,104 Member
    That's happened to my own Sims 3 Store Contents. It's so wrong. :'(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top