Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EA App

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No thank you, it was (still is) hard to navigate Origin as is - don't want no new fangled app to mess with me. That's a hard no for me.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,900 Member
    Well... im sorry i dont want to antagonize anyone but for me personally its a no brainer; Sims 4 is an EA game, this is the EA app... but i can go with either i dont care, i only have one game lol but the EA app is more modern, recent coding... so it feels lighter, more comfy :smiley:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    CrazyFrog wrote: »
    Well... im sorry i dont want to antagonize anyone but for me personally its a no brainer; Sims 4 is an EA game, this is the EA app... but i can go with either i dont care, i only have one game lol but the EA app is more modern, recent coding... so it feels lighter, more comfy :smiley:

Never apology for your opinions. You like the app and that's great. I was unhappy when I used the Beta many months ago. I asked the questions I did to see if things had improved from the app version I used. Seems as if it has.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Syper_JSyper_J Posts: 1 New Member
    Just a Question:
    Is there any way to play TS4 on the EA App if you bought it through Steam. I Install EA App, Try to run the Game and it tries to Reinstall Origin Thin. What do I do?
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    For some reason when i’m offline and launch the Sims 3 launcher my expansion packs don’t show up. I’m so confused on what to do..
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The only problem I had is I had to repurchase the deluxe edition of the game. It was about $6. All my packs and the base game transferred fine. The deluxe edition must be tied to the platform you use, or it else it was a glitch.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    The only problem I had is I had to repurchase the deluxe edition of the game. It was about $6. All my packs and the base game transferred fine. The deluxe edition must be tied to the platform you use, or it else it was a glitch.

Right now I am facing a similar issue, but for me it's the laundry day stuff pack. Thing is, when I open the game it definitely says I already own the pack, so I know this is some weird glitch.

It's pretty lousy if I'm honest. Laundry day is one of my favourite stuff packs lol
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I have the same problem with Cottage Living, and that is one of my favourite packs. Also, NFS Heat needs Origin to run so I had to reinstall it anyway.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Just reading some of these comments with people losing packs they own I'm in no rush at all to switch to that buggy mess. I have learned life let others blindly rush into new products sit back and watch the outcome I probably won't switch until its forced.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Initially when I first updated my old Beta version, my packs didn't appear to be anywhere. But, I finally went ahead and played via the new App, and they were all there, like normal. Having just found out we can repair our games on this App, thank you @EA_Cade for the step-by-step, I may well be inclined to use this one. We won't have a choice somewhere by the end of this year. Might as well get used to it, right?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2022
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I can't find the update game option in EA App. Does anyone know where it is?
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    edited October 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I can't find the update game option in EA App. Does anyone know where it is?

This one? You click on the 3 small lines top left hand corner for settings

ezihdQs.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    @SERVERFRA I couldn't find anything in the EA app either so did some poking around AnswersHQ. According to a post last November by EA_Jason of the AHQ Community Team the app will let you know when there's an update available, there's no way to check for yourself. Hope they add that feature at some point.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Ah sorry I misunderstood the question @SERVERFRA
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Does the app have the option to disable packs? I don't feel like switching at the moment but I probably will give it a try next month.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Does the app have the option to disable packs? I don't feel like switching at the moment but I probably will give it a try next month.

@Atreya33 Not that I can find. If you click on the three dots on the thumbnail for the sims 4 there's an option to "manage add-ons" but all it does is show a list of all the packs you own clicking on one of them does nothing, not even right clicking on a pack.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sorry to hear that about not being able to disable packs. On the other hand, once I installed EA App, I was able to get Sims 2 again with the right screen size.
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that about not being able to disable packs. On the other hand, once I installed EA App, I was able to get Sims 2 again with the right screen size.

@MVWdeZT by right screen size do you mean the original screen size from when the game came out? When I start sims 2 the desktop icons, task bar, etc become at least three times bigger.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I'm not going to install anything Beta, but according to my calendar there are 2.5 months left of this year, so I'm in no hurry ;) As long as I can keep playing offline and patch only when I decide, it really won't matter to me whether I use Origin or App.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I'm not going to install anything Beta, but according to my calendar there are 2.5 months left of this year, so I'm in no hurry ;) As long as I can keep playing offline and patch only when I decide, it really won't matter to me whether I use Origin or App.

@Simmerville I believe the EA App is out of Beta now. At least that's the impression I got from reading the blog info. ::shrugs::
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

@Atreya33 Not that I can find. If you click on the three dots on the thumbnail for the sims 4 there's an option to "manage add-ons" but all it does is show a list of all the packs you own clicking on one of them does nothing, not even right clicking on a pack.

Too bad. Thanks for checking
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    The EA app isn't opening for me today. It had been working mostly ok but not today.
    I read the EA app had come out of Beta.
    I don't like the look of the new EA App much, personally, it has the same look most of the other games launchers have and I don't care for the look of them either.

Don't make the switch to the EA app today.
    Starfree wrote: »

@Simmerville I believe the EA App is out of Beta now. At least that's the impression I got from reading the blog info. ::shrugs::

It has to be out of Beta. I tried the Beta and responded that there was no way that I could find to do a game repair. When I clicked on the Beta, just recently, it automatically updated itself. I had to have help from EA_Cade as to where the game repair was and it's there, now. If this isn't the latest and greatest then I imagine when they switch us over, when I click on it again it will update itself, or that's what I expect anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top