Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened here?

Last time I asked this, I gave you all a riddle that I knew the answer to (You can still attempt to solve it here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003446/can-you-guess-what-happened-here). This time I'm stumped.

The situation:

I want to turn a fanfic of mine into a picture story and started setting the stage. I didn't build something new, but edited an already existing lot. I placed the fridge in the screenshot, and the bench, then started posing the sims to the left and the right. The two in the middle (premades Cameron and Geoffrey) were not yet in this room when the incident happened.

So suddenly I heard a bang, and then both fridges on the lot spouted puddles, the newly placed one and an already existing one.

10.10.22_00-19-083rc0a.png

- The room both fridges are in is in the basement and has no direct connection to the surface.
- Lot traits are Reduce & Recycle and Simple living
- Footprint is Neutral (tendency Green)
- Free Will is off
- The time was 6:40 or a little earlier
- Nothing else (sink, toilets, shower) broke

The sim to the right may stand a little too close to the refrigerator, maybe he broke it by contact, but then why did the other fridge break, too?

The most likely answer is that I accidently clicked the fridge, what counted as using it and prompted a "Does fridge break" check. Still not sure why both would break. (But then again, it's been a while since I had two fridges on the same lot, maybe that's normal.)

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Well, if I’m reading the chalkboard in the background correctly, I’d say there was a quantum surge in the temperature containment field, requiring an emergency evacuation and subsequent discharge of the coolant transfer device. Or, the hose broke.

Oh, and cars aren’t coming to Sims 4 because the aliens have them up on blocks.

That Geoffrey is a genius.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    My initial reaction would be "gremlins", but since you don't have that lot challenge active and nothing else broke, that can't be it.
    And the weird thing is, in my experience, fridges rarely break, especially the more expensive ones.
    Since you were setting up a scene I doubt you'd have updated your game with the most recent patch. If you did, then it might be mod related. Assuming you do use mods, it's probably a mos even if you didn't update.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    @cyncie
    Danggit, I put sims in front of the blackboard, so I couldn't see the explanation. *moves sims aside* Yes, now I can read it, too.

Meanwhile the security sim standing near the fridge: "But I can still grab a coke, right, Dr. Landgraab?"

@MDianaSims
    I'm still on the werewolves patch, but you could be right. With mods you never know 100% what exactly interacts with what. I'll have to watch this. My fridges do break, b.t.w., not noticeably more than other appliances, but regularly enough.