Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your Mods folder?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    Im not actualy gonna voteon the poll since im adding new cc allthe time now, but atm,its 3.4GB
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    0 GB - because I don't have any CC in my game OR I just add CC via the Launcher
    I'm kind of scared to use CC because I'm concerned my game will lag and stuff. I used to play minecraft and had like 50 mods at one point and it got to be way too much and I just don't want to go back to that. For the sims, I am more likely to download CC than mods, because I am very pleased with the gameplay in the sims.
    they/he
  • Options
    SomearylalaSomearylala Posts: 32 Member
    1-3 GB
    I keep deleting CC all the time and downloading the same stuff again so yeah...
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited May 2020
    3-5 GB
    If it tells you anything, I started playing Sims 3 in January of 2017...and my CC folder is now at a staggering 14.5GB...(just checked...my E drive)

...and climbing.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    1-3 GB
    I keep deleting CC all the time and downloading the same stuff again so yeah...

@Somearylala That's me too!! :joy:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    KerrasimsKerrasims Posts: 2 New Member
    5-10 GB
    I have 1,349 files in my Mods folder. It's 7 GB. 🤣
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited May 2020
    Less than 1 GB
    Are there any TS4 simmers in this poll? It wouldn't be playable with over 20 GBs of Packages>Mods>The Sims 3, unless you choose medium sized or small sized worlds. It's understandable the game runs smooth in the sims 4 with that amount of CCs. My Mods folder is actually 250 MBs in the sims 3 folder, it took 3 mins to load Beach City, one of the largest worlds with store items and all Eps and stuff packs. My computer spec is high enough I think. i7 7700 3.6 Ghz, 16 GBs of Ram.. I also stored about 30 GBs of TS3 CCs in my google drive.
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    20 GB or more
    I feel like Sims 3 needs cc (at least a fair amount) for you to express your personality through your sims. I have some old premade households on which I still use the vanilla content. However, since I just can't resist creating memories for myself of my sims, I do have a substantial amount of mods. Surprisingly, I was able to keep them stored on a non-gaming computer for, I'd say, 4+ years (with both S2, S3, and/or S4).
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    1-3 GB
    1.6 gigs. I thought that was a lot but since seeing this poll I realize I need to up my CC game :p
  • Options
    1-3 GB
    Amphora wrote: »
    1.6 gigs. I thought that was a lot but since seeing this poll I realize I need to up my CC game :p

@Amphora ^Right!? :lol: I was totally thinking the same thing!
    Like, "If they can run their games with that much CC think of how much more I could have!" :naughty:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited May 2020
    1-3 GB
    emorrill wrote: »
    Right!? :lol: I was totally thinking the same thing!
    Like, "If they can run their games with that much CC think of how much more I could have!" :naughty:

:mrgreen:
    Exactly! I’ve only recently started to stockpile CC again and it’s starting up my old hoarding habits that I used to have :D

But then the pros and cons of CC are: do I want a pretty game or do I want a smooth running game? But I download only .package file CC and convert any .sims3packs that I do download (usually from Around the Sims) to .package so that way I can avoid the dreaded launcher. Lol.

But I also compress all of the CC I download after testing it out which helps my game to run a lot more smoothly as well o:)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    3-5 GB
    After my resultant problems with my cc external HDD, I'm now at a modest 1.23GBs on my SSD in my mods folder in game.

My backup sorting mods folder...including the S3packs...and zipped files..is...5.51GBs. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    Less than 1 GB

My Mods folder contains mostly the NRAAS mods and a bit of CC. It is a whopping 73.9 MB!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    5-10 GB
    After my resultant problems with my cc external HDD, I'm now at a modest 1.23GBs on my SSD in my mods folder in game.

Note to self: Backup my backups!
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Less than 1 GB
    About 25MB. Nearly all my mods are script related or tuning mods.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    3-5 GB
    I'm starting to cut down on "scripting mods" since if I know what I'm doing... HA HA HA HA (yeah...RIIIIIIGHT! Nikkei, tell me another whopper ~sarcasm~) <--- :p:D - I can generally get the same result out of NRAAS Retuner. It's only when someone makes a retuning to the game that cannot be replicated easily, that I put a script mod into the game. It cuts down on a lot of stuff cluttering up the main Packages folder.

The first thing I search for in Google when I find a mod that does something that I suspect can be done with NRAAS Retuner is look for "How to do (such and such a task - eg. make sims not do...blah blah blah), NRAAS Retuner settings" and if it's something that can't be done through Retuner, then I know to look up that mod and see if it causes conflicts first before sticking it in.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    Less than 1 GB

I created subfolders in my Packages directory to sort out my mods. My Packages folder contains 18 folders and 113 files.

This is the contents of my Packages folder. All of the actual mods are located in the folders listed by the creator or source and then separated by type.
    c4e74b_b42527cac3794922958afdaa19e84dff~mv2.jpg
    There are 24 package files located within the Mod the Sims folder. Fifteen of those are the rabbit holes by Jynx. I am using 39 of the NRAAS mods, though I do have every NRAAS mod downloaded and stored on my backup drive in case I find out I need one of them for something I want to do.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    20 GB or more
    My mod folder is 52.8 GB. :flushed:
    To be fair, that folder is just for storage since I like to hoard mods.

The folder that has all my ingame mods is 514 mb.
  • Options
    1-3 GB
    Oh ok, cause for a second there @MantleJackal I was like "Dayuuuuum!" :scream:

:joy:
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    20 GB or more
    Ops. I was looking at my Downloads folder (29 GB) :s when I voted. My Mods folder is only 5 GB.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    JackieDawJackieDaw Posts: 18 New Member
    Less than 1 GB
    My Mods folder is 825 mb. And I actually thought it would be half that size. :D Forgot about some CC I got recently
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Less than 1 GB
    I'm starting to cut down on "scripting mods" since if I know what I'm doing... HA HA HA HA (yeah...RIIIIIIGHT! Nikkei, tell me another whopper ~sarcasm~) <--- :p:D - I can generally get the same result out of NRAAS Retuner. It's only when someone makes a retuning to the game that cannot be replicated easily, that I put a script mod into the game. It cuts down on a lot of stuff cluttering up the main Packages folder.

The first thing I search for in Google when I find a mod that does something that I suspect can be done with NRAAS Retuner is look for "How to do (such and such a task - eg. make sims not do...blah blah blah), NRAAS Retuner settings" and if it's something that can't be done through Retuner, then I know to look up that mod and see if it causes conflicts first before sticking it in.

I have done the same thing. I got rid of a bunch of minor adjustment mods after I figured out just how powerful the Retuner is.
  • Options
    TurtleShroomTurtleShroom Posts: 16 Member
    1-3 GB
    Two gigabytes in the DC Cache folder and about one in the Mods folder itself. I regret nothing, but this is why I can't play a true Legacy/Dynasty Challenge. The game always crashes after the third generation or so.
  • Options
    tanezumitanezumi Posts: 15 Member
    5-10 GB
    im very crazy for cc. its odd to me that there are people that refuse to have cc or even just mods... the whole point of the sims is that it is your world. adding your own enhancements is much easier with mods.
    i keep a close watch on my cc folder, im not too particular but i have been to a point where it took me days to organize the folder. so i started again, and its 100% worth it.