Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loyal trait

People have been asking for this for a long time and we finally have it!

People who really wanted it, what do you think? Does it do what you hoped?

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I really wanted it, but I'm waiting to hear if anything major was broken in the patch (I literally JUST went through all my mods and updated/deleted/sorted them this week) so I'm in no hurry to have my game messed up because of one of my mods and my game is running perfect right now.

But, I'm really curious if it actually works.

I did remove my Chingyu's "Faithfulness" mods because I figured that would most likely be broken.

I will probably not update until after the 18th (Sim's Summit) in case there's another future big major update again for an upcoming pack.

So I'll be following this thread to get feedback, so thanks for starting it!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I haven’t tried it but it’s a trait I will pick often. I hope there’s some nice stuff to it.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    I really wanted it, but I'm waiting to hear if anything major was broken in the patch (I literally JUST went through all my mods and updated/deleted/sorted them this week) so I'm in no hurry to have my game messed up because of one of my mods and my game is running perfect right now.

But, I'm really curious if it actually works.

I did remove my Chingyu's "Faithfulness" mods because I figured that would most likely be broken.

I will probably not update until after the 18th (Sim's Summit) in case there's another future big major update again for an upcoming pack.

So I'll be following this thread to get feedback, so thanks for starting it!

I hope the loyal trait will be effective. I doubt it will be as strong as Chingyu's mod. I don't see the devs taking things to the point of preventing romantic socials like the mod does.

On a side note, if I do continue to use Chingyu's mod, I do hope there is a fix so faithful sims don't autonomously choose 'flirty introductions'. That's been the only problem I've seen with the mod. I guess I could look for a mod to stop that too.🤔
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    First thing Im gonna do is make a loyal sim cheat. Just for...testing purposes of course. :D
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I wanted this trait too but the big deal is it doesn't prevent jealousy when a random guy flirts with my couple and my partner gets mad at my other partner for jealousy despite him clearly rejecting it.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I wonder if sentiments last longer if these sims get betrayed.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    This is a trait I’ve always wanted in game. The irony is, I’m not playing anyone in this save that needs it, so I can’t test it. Y’all let me know how it works out.
    cyncie wrote: »
    This is a trait I’ve always wanted in game. The irony is, I’m not playing anyone in this save that needs it, so I can’t test it. Y’all let me know how it works out.
    😂 this is literally me. I also got HSY on release day and I still don’t have a single teen to try high school out with
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I may have to take my Sims into CAS just to see which one needs this particular Trait. I suppose now that my Global Superstar has started his family, perhaps, I can wait for this next generation, but I would much rather use it with Sims I enjoy playing. We'll see.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,961 Member
    I played for a while yesterday and didn’t notice any major problems, although do check your mods folder.
    I did learn fairly recently that there’s a “stop random flirting” setting in MCCC. That could be useful for some.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Hi, everyone, I haven't been around for a while, but I just wanted to drop in and offer thanks to the team for the new Loyal trait. It's been something I've wanted since the release. So, Thank you.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I really wanted a Loyal trait so this was a nice surprise. I'm excited to try it out and see what everyone thinks.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lol @ all of us here waiting for someone to try it 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    Be sure to share your feedback here as well :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited October 2022

We're looking for our Mikey...
    https://youtu.be/CLQ0LZSnJFE
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member

We're looking for our Mikey...
    https://youtu.be/CLQ0LZSnJFE

Shouldn’t be hard to find someone who hates everything these days. The question is, will they like being loyal.🤣
  • tanezumitanezumi Posts: 15 Member
    traits in the sims 4 dont matter.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Anyone who got the new trait - is is sorting as Emotional, Lifestyle or Social?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    With this trait your sim can confess to cheating if thier cheating. I saw it on Delegracy's Video.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Anyone who got the new trait - is is sorting as Emotional, Lifestyle or Social?

I believe it's a social trait, but I haven't looked in CAS yet.

I like how loyal sims feel happy around their friends and partners and refuse to cheat. I wonder how it works with werewolves and if it will stop them finding fated mates when they are already in a romantic relationship with a non-werewolf sim. I like having mixed couples so it would be nice if it does.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited October 2022
    ....Aaaand just like any other 2022 TS4 feature, turns out the Loyal trait is bugged!
    Whether or not you are actually using the Loyal trait on any of your sims!

HQ user lazarusinashes yesterday identified the source of the new bug, introduced in this patch, where sims do mean interactions autonomously for no reason.
    There is a mistake in the coding of the Loyal trait that affects most mean interactions.
    See their post #150 here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-autonomously-do-mean-interactions-for-no-reason/m-p/11937163#M232648
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Thanks @mightysprite for that info. I haven't updated yet, so I haven't experienced these mean interactions, and I certainly don't want to. Plus, the way the game is programmed for jealousy, even when your significant other isn't the one who is initiating the flirt and actually rejects it, their partner will still get furious for being cheated on and relationship points will tank according to another simmer who tested it.

So with the new information you've linked to, that confirms my choice in not updating yet was a good choice to make
    edited October 2022
    With this trait your sim can confess to cheating if thier cheating. I saw it on Delegracy's Video.

I saw the video and am very disappointed the relationship didn’t suffer as badly. All that happened was a hurt sentiment was received by the sim cheated on but the sim who cheated seemed very proud(after confessing). They could be a little ashamed.
    I also hope confess to cheating isn’t just an option for loyal sims. It should be an option for everyone but with more impact if your sim is loyal.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited October 2022
    ....Aaaand just like any other 2022 TS4 feature, turns out the Loyal trait is bugged!
    Whether or not you are actually using the Loyal trait on any of your sims!

HQ user lazarusinashes yesterday identified the source of the new bug, introduced in this patch, where sims do mean interactions autonomously for no reason.
    There is a mistake in the coding of the Loyal trait that affects most mean interactions.
    See their post #150 here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-autonomously-do-mean-interactions-for-no-reason/m-p/11937163#M232648

If your sim is rude to everyone than they can't cheat because no one likes them enough to start a romance. *taps forehead*
    Post edited by MantleJackal on