Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October 11th Patch Feedback Thread

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Sul sul all,

Trying something new here to help make your feedback more visible and easier to collate for the Sims teams. After each base game patch I'll set up a thread like this one to gather feedback on what you liked, disliked, etc. about the release. Think of this like an official version of the Positive Thoughts and Negative Thoughts discussion threads for packs.

Please keep in mind that this not a thread to discuss bugs that haven't yet been addressed. Please continue to use Answers HQ for those as we have dedicated staff there to assist and report on them.

That being said, please tell us what you think?
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Nothing to contribute to the conversation yet (since I haven't updated yet, waiting to see if any mods broke before I do), but I just wanted to say that I LOVE THIS IDEA!! What a fabulous thing to put all of the feedback into one easy to find area for each update!

Ok, I lied! I DO have something to contribute ..... Loving the fact a new trait "Loyalty" was added! I have always, always, always wanted this in the game! So I'm super excited to test it out.

Now whether that will do the job as well (or better) than what my current mods do, is yet to be seen.

And, as another poster requested in a different thread, I too would LOVE if the trait was also added to the Rewards Store. With so few trait slots to assign in CAS, I would have to give up a precious trait slot for my sims who aren't hoe-bags just to make them behave in an appropriate manner as I have deemed they should. If it was a reward trait then I could assign that way and keep CAS traits as I picked them.

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Absolutely agree that the loyal trait is a great idea and also wish it could be available in the Rewards Store. I play with many premade Sims, and don't want to change the assigned traits Or better yet, I wish a fourth trait slot would be opened. Maybe we could get a new slot when the Sim goes from young adult to adult.

Thank you for giving us this feedback thread.
  • sfortsfort Posts: 1 New Member
    I love most of the things that came out with the new patch, however, I have been noticing the townies will randomly yell at my sim when they did nothing wrong and the townies dont have a "tense" or "angry" moodlet. I don't know if that is a small bug or just random.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    sfort wrote: »
    I love most of the things that came out with the new patch, however, I have been noticing the townies will randomly yell at my sim when they did nothing wrong and the townies dont have a "tense" or "angry" moodlet. I don't know if that is a small bug or just random.

This is being tracked. AHQ thread here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Absolutely agree that the loyal trait is a great idea and also wish it could be available in the Rewards Store. I play with many premade Sims, and don't want to change the assigned traits Or better yet, I wish a fourth trait slot would be opened. Maybe we could get a new slot when the Sim goes from young adult to adult.

Thank you for giving us this feedback thread.

I have to agree with this. I like the idea of the Loyal trait but with only three traits to choose from, I'm rarely going to use it.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    I like the addition of the walkthrough tutorial character Emily. I wish that you could adjust Emily or even have her as an NPC. I am excited to play the loyalty trait as well. "What Traits Would You Like to See?" by Bren is a new thread for other traits simmers want to see.

I am noticing an issue when my sim has high fury, but is in human form. Drinking Wolf-Be-Gone removes the werewolf abilities and traits, but the red fury cloud remains on the now-human sim.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I am so happy that the NPCs in Henford-On-Bagley finally got fixed!

The guidance system can be kind of annoying, so I'm happy it can be turned off.

And the reduction of toilet pranks is great too.

Though sometimes I want assets to make a male version of Emily. It's just an obsession I have where every NPC or type of sim must have a male version and female version.
  • kloving1970kloving1970 Posts: 190 Member
    edited October 2022
    I love any bug fixes we see in updates, and more content is always appreciated too. A tutorial to guide new simmers is a welcome addition and expanding on that would be awesome.
  • littlemix1014littlemix1014 Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry, my previous comment was posted before I finished typing. What I was saying was to be honest I'm pretty sick of the sims 4. Everytime the game is updated, my game only breaks worse and becomes more and more unplayable. This time around, I have multicolor question marks in place of floor tiles throughout my sims homes and apartments. When I load into a home or apartment, there is no paint on the walls. I'm sure there are more glitches I just haven't seen yet since I refuse to play the game in this condition. Not to mention, since the previous patch, my highschool sims are still unable to attend highschool properly. The whiteboard just says "careers". Yes I do play with mods and cc, yes it is all updated. No that is not what's causing these bugs. I'm very frustrated at this point with the sims team.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
    Pondering this some more... there really doesn't seem to be much to say. The bug fixes were expected... and yes appreciated but honestly, I can't really heap praise on someone for fixing something they broke in the first place. I'm sorry but it's true.

New features... the loyal trait is nice but not something I'm personally excited about especially since, as I said before, I probably wouldn't choose it over other traits. The tutorial and guide are sensible additions given the expectation of new, casual players and the obvious goal of using the free release as a way to both boost sales of expansions and drum up interest in the inevitable release of Sims 5. However, again, it's not something I'm excited about because I don't expect to use it.

Given how frankly perilous updates have become, I don't think this was a good one. I think, if there is indeed a goal of attracting new players and keeping them, along with selling more expansions... updates that fix major bugs and solid, well tested updates that expand some of the weaker or buggier areas of the expansion packs would be a good future goal. The Spa Days refresh a while back was a good value add. There are opportunities to do similar refreshes with lots of other packs... from Dine Out to High School Years, they could all use a little tuning. I hope the developers turn some attention in that direction in the near future. I think, for those incoming new players, it would make a good impression.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2022
    I’ve had a save that’s been around for years and survived many updates. I can’t speak for others, but I haven’t experienced a game breaking update since the Eco Living update went live.

I play on the console, PS4. I can’t use mods even if I want to. And there are a number of mods I would use for my merfolk!

Anyways, I did have a scare about my save breaking with the High School Years updates, but my game stabilized. So, I’m very happy with the updates, and I love finding new content to play with!

So far, my experience with the updates have been very good. The only reason I started a new save is because:

1. I think the longevity of my saves on the PS4 are a 1000 times better than when I first got the game

2. I wanted to start fresh and clean up some of accumulated oddities that developed over time.

I had sims with persistent fears and 5 different lifestyles. After saving them to the gallery and transferring them to my new save. I used some rewards store elixirs to clear life styles and fears. I gave my sims the brave trait, and I’m hoping they stick to 3 life styles and can manage their fears better.

I also removed a ton of likes. Right now, all my sims want to do is listen to radio stations when they like too many.

A suggestion if I may.

Please Refresh Island Living or drop some updates for merfolk.

Before City Living, the Charmer’s Lullaby was a great way to serenade sims, but now, my sims with the singing skill will serenade their significant others. The once great ability has kinda lost some of its charm.

Could merfolk change the weather to more conditions beyond Thunderstorms, Rainstorms, and Clear Skies… I’d love to have more options similar to the weather machine. It would be convenient to have more ways to change the weather with merfolk.

Merfolk are super sneaky and elusive. I mean my human sims see them with a tail sometimes and those mermen and mermaids still won’t admit what they are! Could sims get a moodlet in response to discovering the existence of merfolk! When sims discover Aliens, they get Angry or Confident! That would be a cool reaction to learning that your best friend is a little fishy!

Can there be interactions like “Debate the existence of merfolk” or merfolk abilities that are special interactions. For example, the Alien ability to erase memory is a mischief interaction. Can merfolk have their own mischief and friendly interactions that are somehow linked to abilities.

I’ve said it once before and I’ll say it again, will there be any news of new refreshes! I’d love a refresh for Island Living that gives sims and merfolk a chance to go underwater like in the Sims 3.

Sorry, I meant to give feedback instead of create a wish list, but one of the things that has been upsetting is all the updates for newer packs, but I rarely see anyone revisiting some of the older packs. Packs like Island Living really do need some attention too!

Edit: apologies for the edits. I missed too many typos for my liking.
    Now that I think about it, the updates do make the game run smoother for me, but the thing about accumulating oddities might be worth looking into…

While I have no doubt that the updates do fix things, I think some persistent elements aren’t so much an issue with the updates or because bugs aren’t addressed… it’s got more to do with in game maintenance.

One odd thing that happened after the High School update was the near max romance between one of my twin mermen and his uncle…

The only way to clear that “relationship” was to create a new save.

Before the updates for lifestyles, my sims accumulated more than 3. The update did stop my sims from getting more than 3 Life Styles, but I had to go in and use the Lifestyle-go-poof elixir to clean up the accumulated lifestyles.

Something that might be worth looking into are the possibility of players needing to clean up some things. The updates do seem to prevent the odd stuff from happening, but there might be some instances where the player needs to intervene, especially with existing sims.

I’d recommend identifying those situations after testing the updates. The updates do prevent the bugs from resurfacing, but they don’t fix the bugged sims. That doesn’t mean a bugged sim is permanently glitched or corrupted though.
    I don’t mean to spam, but after an update, there are situations where I’ve been able to “fix” the bugs on my own. And, I normally don’t have the same bug happen again.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited October 2022
    I really love the idea of feedback thread
    it would be lovely to see more of them in future :smile:

for the actual feedback:

I have yet to explore the new patch so I will probably pop back in when i have but first of all second this
    telemwill wrote: »
    loyal trait is a great idea and also wish it could be available in the Rewards Store.

I feel like having the trait also in rewards store would be good because then it could be added on any existing sim as player wishes

I play lots of old sims of mine or premades so I don't often get to really fully explore the new traits before they're like on some new premade sim or I have say new baby for my sims to put it on :sweat_smile:
    and i just feel like every sim should be allowed to become loyal you know

and second thing I'd like to point out

is that new tattoos are sooo coool :hushed::heart:
    but also why can't we have cowplant ones on our arms our backs our chest....

why just thighs :< they're so pretty i want to be literally covered in cowplant

same really goes for lot of other tattoos like idk i feel like once tattoo is added it should be added for every body part possible

imagine that gorgeous cowplant tattoo as full back one how cool would that be :bawling::heart:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited October 2022
    Thank you for this thread. It is very much appreciated.

This please. We want the natural skin-tone and pale pink swatches back. Updating the thumbnails so they would match the nails’ broken state is not “fixing” it.

Here is how they used to look like.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i have nothing negative or postive feed back to say but its more like a neutral feedback about the recent patch but my neutral feedback is there should be polls on what content players would love to see like for exemple useable cars ask by players since sims4 came out more furniture and appliances retro modern like for exemple addition of a top load washer with matching dryer (*retro and modern) and toggles to give more controls to the players via game option and if players have custom content in there game should have to go true game option to reactivate after everypatch.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Well, it is a useful thread. But, unless I get another forced update on me like the other month, I won't be updating. I hadn't updated for 2 years before the forced one.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • littlemix1014littlemix1014 Posts: 3 New Member
    To add on to my previous comment, now my sims look messed up after this update. Their faces don't look normal and their necks are larger. Seriously what is going on?!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited October 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    So, I decided to test how the new loyal trait is working since you are asking for feedback. Removed my mod cc folder and started a new save. Now this is how they described the new loyal trait.
    Loyal Trait
    It’s always a good day when new Traits are added to the Base Game, and today we bring you the Loyal Trait for Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims! Loyal Sims value their relationships and fully commit to them, whether it’s a friendship, a romance, or even work. They avoid cheating of any kind; the trust of their loved ones is too important to risk!

The Test: I gave my married couple each the loyal trait and added two other non-related Sims to their household, cooked some flirty cookies, hosted a party and invited 15 friends.

During the party, other Sims tried to put the move/romance on Denton and he rejected them every single time. At least this part of the feature is working for the new trait.

The problem is how Denton's wife, Danica, reacted. First, she angrily stumped up the stairs and tore down the dollhouse and received a new emotion buff. Then, it was all downhill from there as you can see from the image below which shows some of her other emotions and the sentiment she got towards Denton—who did nothing wrong. Oh, and their romance bar took a serious hit. This should not have happened because Denton did not cheat on his wife and nor did he engage in any romance interactions with any other Sim during the party.

Although I will not be adding this trait until it is fixed, I'm still looking forward to using it when it does work.

Loyal-Trait-Results.jpg

Suggestion: They should improve their quality control and communication between departments.

yeah i am not sure why this is happening i noticed it since fear of being cheated on was added sims misinterpret every flirt as if sim didn't reject it or flirted back when they in fact rejected it right in front of their beloved drives me crazy

like why be angry at spouse that didn't even flirt and rejected other sims advances what
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CptngeldartCptngeldart Posts: 1 New Member
    What's with the 'game-lag' on the PS4 version, its occurring all the time (not just when changing modes or using the camera). If i get more than 20mins play without lag its a miracle !!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @Hearts4u TYSM for testing it!

This is exactly what I was afraid would happen, the reactions from significant others when there's a flirt interaction is totally wrong.

When a sim's partner is not the one initiating or responding to being flirted with by another sim and has clearly rejected it, the significant other should be ticked off at the initiating sim not their partner!!.

I also feel like the significant other should gain a feeling of more closeness and being loved since their partner proved they are obviously devoted to them since they rejected being flirted with.

So sad! I was so looking forward to this trait being officially in the game, but I won't be using it until it makes sense, otherwise I'll have to go find yet another mod to tone down the significant other's reaction/response which defeats the purpose since I already have a faithful trait mod that works exactly as it should. I will just continue to use that.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    To add on to my previous comment, now my sims look messed up after this update. Their faces don't look normal and their necks are larger. Seriously what is going on?!

That's broken CC/Mods not EA's update causing that.
  • strappedtoe7964strappedtoe7964 Posts: 2 New Member
    I loved the sims ever since sims 1. Sims 4 was amazing. But since the 10/11/22 update all the sims have been a lot meaner and started getting to insult for no reason. It's deteriorating the strong relationships i worked hard to build up. Not Cool!! ☹️If that is the feature the i feel it's a turn off for me. If it's a bug, please fix it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2022
    Sorry, my previous comment was posted before I finished typing. What I was saying was to be honest I'm pretty sick of the sims 4. Everytime the game is updated, my game only breaks worse and becomes more and more unplayable. This time around, I have multicolor question marks in place of floor tiles throughout my sims homes and apartments. When I load into a home or apartment, there is no paint on the walls. I'm sure there are more glitches I just haven't seen yet since I refuse to play the game in this condition. Not to mention, since the previous patch, my highschool sims are still unable to attend highschool properly. The whiteboard just says "careers". Yes I do play with mods and cc, yes it is all updated. No that is not what's causing these bugs. I'm very frustrated at this point with the sims team.

I am sorry but these sound like mod cc issues. Updates break cc and also override mods that cause the question marks to appear all over.
    I fixed my question mark issue by removing some cc/mods. And the whiteboard saying careers definitely sounds like a mod. Mods will often override other options that are supposed to be there. I had a similar issue with the campfire and it was indeed a mod not even related to camp fire. It has nothing to do with the sims team.
    People sometimes forget that even updated mods can cause issues. Because it says updated it does not mean the coding is perfect or won't clash with another mod or a feature in the game. 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top