Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base Game Update Available

Comments

• misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    I'm hoping the Loyal trait is similar like the sims 3 Eternally Faithful

Faithful.png
    new.png
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    edited October 2022
    Just to clarify....

Wants and fears still can't be turned off? They toggle right back on even if they're off in the options.

Elders are still scared of dying? All elders, running around terrified and screaming all the time. Poor elders will continue to be banished from my game.

For the record, I've not seen anybody say they wanted these removed. We just want the ability to turn it off. My OCD can't stand those little bubbles over there. It's messy.

ETA: Sorry! Multi-tasking with real life stuff and forgot to say... thank you for fixing HoB! Now I can move sims back in there and play in that area again without fearing the invasion of the Crumplebottom gals.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2022
    The only bug on the latest bug fix list that was in my game was the Henford-On-Bagley NPC issue which started happening after the July 2022 patch.

I moved away from Henford-On-Bagley every since the game started removing assigned pre-made NPCS from their jobs; so, thank goodness this is fixed. Now, I can visit and/or live in this world again.
    Cottage Living
    When you live in a small village like Henford-On-Bagley, you get to know everyone on a first name basis. So seeing random NPCs working in the local pub was a shock for everyone. Now, only pre-made NPCs will start off behind the bar and other local businesses.

Some things are more important to some players than others. The addition of the loyal trait is something I've wanted for a very long time. So, I'm happy it is now in the game.
    Loyal Trait
    It’s always a good day when new Traits are added to the Base Game, and today we bring you the Loyal Trait for Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims! Loyal Sims value their relationships and fully commit to them, whether it’s a friendship, a romance, or even work. They avoid cheating of any kind; the trust of their loved ones is too important to risk!
    Issues I'm hoping they fix sooner rather than later. Feel free to me too these and add a comment on EA Answers HQ if you are having these issues so that they can fix them.

Still waiting for them to fix Bust the Dust Kit because I had to turn this off since it is completely broken.
    Please use this link to me too this bug and/or add your issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-BDK-No-Dust-Appearing-on-Residential-Lots/m-p/11823513#M231281

Toddlers' bodies stretch when carrying an umbrella. Sadly, this issue has been in the game since the introduction of seasons.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Toddlers-stretch-when-using-umbrella/m-p/11524283#M215283

Toddler body stretches when reacting to a wedding
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/MWS-Toddler-body-stretches-when-reacting-to-wedding/m-p/11414421
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    [quot
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    The Wants and Fears toggle is indeed under investigation by the team, I will assuredly spam that it is fixed when the time comes wherever I can possibly post it.

Maybe I'll make it a sitewide message like the patch notes? No one can stop me. 😈😈😈

Lol. 😄
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member

The Wants and Fears toggle is indeed under investigation by the team, I will assuredly spam that it is fixed when the time comes wherever I can possibly post it.

Maybe I'll make it a sitewide message like the patch notes? No one can stop me. 😈😈😈

My sim self and his wife invites you to their house for tea and fruitcake! Nicely baked of course, he's maxed out both cooking skills!

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Oh, I wish that the world view was in 3D, like the Sims 2, and the Sims 3.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2022
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Can we finally turn off wants and fears?

@Brd709 patch notes are here.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003915/new-onboarding-ui-scaling-and-more#latest

I didn't see anything for wants and fears.

We still can't turn off wants and fears properly.

I've seen this sentiment before and I just want you to know that this has been sent up to the team. I can't assure you that it'll be changed, but they are aware of how you feel.

It’s not assured a bug will changed?

That is, indeed, what was said.

That's not what I meant. I've seen a lot of players call for the Wants and Fears system to be removed both here and on Answers HQ, that is what I was referring to and what I thought we were discussing here.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I don't believe generally that the concern is the existence of Wants and Fears (though i am sure some feel that way) but rather the enduring inability to disable the feature via the toggle button.

No worries, that's on me for not being more clear on what I meant in my original reply.

do the same if the remove fear aspiration reward is fixed :innocent:

I tried to use it on Mortimer Goth having fear of the dark but all the moodlets from the fear keep coming even though the trait does not show up in his panel anymore and i don't get the solve fear thing so he can't get rid of it normal way either :sweat_smile:

guess it is his destiny to forever fear dark eh

(i think it would also be neat to have aspiration rewards so sims can never have particular fear btw that could solve it when people get annoyed gaining specific ones over and over)

say in that " this sim has had fulfilled life they no longer fear the death" way
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Elders are still scared of dying? All elders, running around terrified and screaming all the time. Poor elders will continue to be banished from my game.

Not just elders its all sims I just today created couple ya aliens and they already have it :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited October 2022
    Im glad there's nothing about wants and fear, because my mod works so they are all gone for me!

But now i'm not sure about my no-toilet-prank mod :neutral:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m happy to see console players finally getting the option to customise their menu UI!
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm very happy to see a Loyal Trait! But please please please @EA_Cade, could you get down on bended knee and BEG them for it also to be added to the Rewards Store? I play with aging off, have 191 sims all in just one save, and all are very happy with their already assigned 3 traits given to them years ago. Now that we have a new Wants/Fears still in development that give points, new reward traits in the store would be awesome, and I'd use this Loyal Trait heaps for my already made sims. If it could be available as BOTH a starting trait in CAS and a rewards trait to purchase in the store, 'twould be wonderful. :)

I use the rewards store heaps in my game, and am always excited to have more.
    Z0hUCld.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,663 Member
    I'm curious how well this Loyal trait works. It's a huge deal for my storytelling. All of my favorite households are in monogamous relationships, or that's what I want for them anyway. I couldn't stand the constant flirting and cheating, and having to watch them and micromanage them to prevent it. I'm still going to keep using my faithfulness mod until I see a few days worth of positive feedback from others. I would love to have one less mod to prevent the game from doing things I don't want it to do.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003915/new-onboarding-ui-scaling-and-more#latest

I've seen this sentiment before and I just want you to know that this has been sent up to the team. I can't assure you that it'll be changed, but they are aware of how you feel.

That's not what I meant. I've seen a lot of players call for the Wants and Fears system to be removed both here and on Answers HQ, that is what I was referring to and what I thought we were discussing here.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I don't believe generally that the concern is the existence of Wants and Fears (though i am sure some feel that way) but rather the enduring inability to disable the feature via the toggle button.

No worries, that's on me for not being more clear on what I meant in my original reply.

I doubt she can stop you, but @simgirl1010 will still beat you to it most likely. Or maybe that will be the day Lucy lets Charlie Brown actually kick the football for once.😉
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I didn’t play yet but it sounds really good for a free patch. I like the starting tutorial with Alex Meyer but it’s not the most advertised tutorial and I think the game could use a better starting system for newbies so this looks good.

I also think the plumbob items/tattoos and the trait are things they could have held back and presented as a ‘free gift’ at the summit so I think it’s nice to just add them in this way. I will probably use this trait a lot.

I’m looking forward to trying the console UI stuff personally. If it lets me make the calendar/phone icon bigger then this will be a great patch. Also think it was a good idea to fix the broken scenarios. While everyone has their ‘most urgent’ bug, I think this is a good place to start. Sounds good!
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Hmm. :/ I haven’t updated since the patch before the HSY one, and after reading the patch notes, I’m still not entirely sure. I didn’t see anything about the Groundhog Day glitch (specifically, the non-mod-related version) even though it was on the laundry list, and I’ve been keeping up with the EA Answers thread, but the last reply was at least two weeks ago. Is anyone still experiencing it? Would patching right now be that much of a risk?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Finally more tattoos!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Where's the 19th stuff pack?
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited October 2022
    lanlyn wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Emily the new Guide can be found in the Gallery? I tried searching, but so far no luck. I'd like to use her as a test sim for updates and such.

I found Emily--well, one version of her. There are two or three more. They must have uploaded her after I looked. This Emily's aspiration is Renaissance Sim. Her traits are Loyal, Genius, and Cheerful.

Emily HelpCenter
    y4mVs2StCkNsKlgMTjxlquKn16JtsJ5WFYTbmJ4fNe8uo7A1va5QZ_srazOozi3dL5cgZ9RlPUlqbgtu4cjAGoyjnX2z1AzJ8YTUlCRlbe895XPP-yYRs0OmixYiKqSETE0f5eZjwDj8QKK5X5bnvSBxJ9I76lIul32KtUhf9HtA1PT-7NfVks_mEK3_DyXYBn0?width=454&height=250&cropmode=none
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited October 2022

Thank you for at least confirming that the broken on/off toggle is being investigated. It is a start and gives me hope. Let's hope the fix won't take as long as the rocketship fix. I don't mind the wants and fears system to be around but I wish I could use the wants and fears separately. I like wants for a few extra aspiration points, but dislike how fears implemented as traits.

As for the rest of the update, I have mixed feelings about Emily. She can be useful for new players, but I thought we already had a tutorial to take care of learning the game. I guess it all depends on how intrusive Emily will be and if there is a working off switch for people who already know the game.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Thank you for at least confirming that the broken on/off toggle is being investigated. It is a start and gives me hope. Let's hope the fix won't take as long as the rocketship fix. I don't mind the wants and fears system to be around but I wish I could use the wants and fears separately. I like wants for a few extra aspiration points, but dislike how fears implemented as traits.

As for the rest of the update, I have mixed feelings about Emily. She can be useful for new players, but I thought we already had a tutorial to take care of learning the game. I guess it all depends on how intrusive Emily will be and if there is a working off switch for people who already know the game.

There is a check box under Tutorials and Tips in Game Options that will turn off Emily and another one to remove the Help Center icon from the UI.
  • SprighSprigh Posts: 62 Member
    I'm very happy to see a Loyal Trait! But please please please @EA_Cade, could you get down on bended knee and BEG them for it also to be added to the Rewards Store? I play with aging off, have 191 sims all in just one save, and all are very happy with their already assigned 3 traits given to them years ago. Now that we have a new Wants/Fears still in development that give points, new reward traits in the store would be awesome, and I'd use this Loyal Trait heaps for my already made sims. If it could be available as BOTH a starting trait in CAS and a rewards trait to purchase in the store, 'twould be wonderful. :)

Z0hUCld.png

Yes, this! 🫶 I’m still hoping they will finally let us have at least 5 CAS traits assigned to a sim, it is ridiculous to have only three traits describe a whole person and the lactose intolerant one… still bugs me 🤦‍♀️ I really hope they upgrade the whole traits system and add good traits and bad traits or something but probably not gonna happen.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager

Z0hUCld.png

My knees are shot, but I did send a very polite email on your behalf <3
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png