Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base Game Update Available

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Ooo new content👀
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Didn't know an update was coming👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    So is this only an update preparing for new simmers that will come after the 18th?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Is the update today? I'm not seeing any patch notes..
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited October 2022
    Patch notes are up.

Hello Simmers and soon-to-be Simmers!

With this newest update we are preparing to welcome new players to The Sims 4 with the information needed to get started thanks in part to a collaboration with The Sims Mobile. In addition to new player guidance, we also have a number of fixes for community reported issues and some new Create a Sim (CAS) and Build Mode content.

There is something for everyone whether you have played The Sims 4 for a while or are joining us now, so let’s jump straight in and see what you can expect once you have the update.

-The Sims Team

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003915/new-onboarding-ui-scaling-and-more#latest
    Wait..... a loyal trait??!!!😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
    I don't believe it's ever too late to add anything but I do think these lessons should have been added a long time ago 😅 sims is pretty complex and it took me a long time to learn simple things like how to fully use the household manager and such. Infact I'm still learning and when I'm playing I usually have to pause and look up how to do something.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Can we finally turn off wants and fears?
    Just what I needed!

Loyal Trait
    It’s always a good day when new Traits are added to the Base Game, and today we bring you the Loyal Trait for Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims! Loyal Sims value their relationships and fully commit to them, whether it’s a friendship, a romance, or even work. They avoid cheating of any kind; the trust of their loved ones is too important to risk!
    Brd709 wrote: »

@Brd709 patch notes are here.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003915/new-onboarding-ui-scaling-and-more#latest

I didn't see anything for wants and fears.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited October 2022
    With the Emily tutorial being added and having to connect to Gallery manually to stop it from being overloaded they are clearly expecting a large influx of new players when the game goes free. I guess they are hoping these new players will end up paying for DLC because that's the only way they're going to make any $ from this move.

I like the Loyal trait. More traits please!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Wow that fan is ugly
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I don't like Emily, she has bad vibes. I'm going to kill her in my game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

We still can't turn off wants and fears properly.

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2022
    And, like almost always, literally none of their "fixes" were even issues I was having to begin with... sometimes I seriously think they just make up patch notes to make it look like people were having issues, just so they can ignore the ACTUAL bugs and issues with the game. None of the "issues" in the patch notes are anything I've even seen people complaining about.

Meanwhile, 'Bust The Dust' is still broken. Sims are still obsessed with checking their phones and changing their phone covers. Sims keep coming home early from work when you load into the game/home lot. Dine Out is still broken (though, at this point, I've resorted to using a mod to fix that, since it's been years and EA still won't look into it).

So many actual bugs in the game, but they choose to focus on things that aren't even broken... great!

Then again, they'll probably just convert these bugs to actual features... like they did with the T pose... they just couldn't completely fix it, so they came up with the "T pose challenge"... :s
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    edited October 2022

I've seen this sentiment before and I just want you to know that this has been sent up to the team. I can't assure you that it'll be changed, but they are aware of how you feel.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    EA_Cade wrote: »

I've seen this sentiment before and I just want you to know that this has been sent up to the team. I can't assure you that it'll be changed, but they are aware of how you feel.

It would be nice to see it in a future update. I originally played with whims off and now i have sims coming home from work with feelings about their passionless job or tense because it's been so long since a promotion and they're at the top of their career.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member

That is extremely disappointing... and probably not a good thing for a game trying to add new players.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

An even better option would be to make the feature complete and optimized so it has more wants and fears and they being less of an annoyance. Then people wouldn't want to turn them off.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I love the fan so much!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    Aine wrote: »

An even better option would be to make the feature complete and optimized so it has more wants and fears and they being less of an annoyance. Then people wouldn't want to turn them off.

No, I'd still want to turn it off. I want to tell my sims what to do, not have them tell me what to do. Just my style of play. I like the idea that the game can, in theory, support both options. I dislike that that theory turns out to be wrong without using mods to disable wants and fears... I shouldn't need a mod to use a feature that appears in a game options menu.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Aine wrote: »

Agreed, development takes time however. The goal of any new addition isn't to make players want to disable it instantly.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png